HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers Lose 3-0. Watching Paint dry

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Not really the same.

Anything that hurts Dubnyk's confidence is a direct result of him.

He isn't going to lose confidence because they aren't scoring. He's going to lose confidence because of goals like he let in tonight.
Actually, I'm sure that Dubnyk feels a lot of added pressure right now because of the team's offensive ineptitude. He doesn't just have to make a stop to keep the team in the game... he has to stop everything otherwise the team completely implodes.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:04 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
David Staples ‏@dstaples
#Oilers out chanced by Detroit 22 to 6.
lol what.

oh wait read it backwards

Old
03-08-2013, 12:05 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Actually, I'm sure that Dubnyk feels a lot of added pressure right now because of the team's offensive ineptitude. He doesn't just have to make a stop to keep the team in the game... he has to stop everything otherwise the team completely implodes.
If that's how he sees it and it's affecting him that much, he's a dud.

A #1 goalie needs quite a bit more mental fortitude than that.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
If that's how he sees it and it's affecting him that much, he's a dud.

A #1 goalie needs quite a bit more mental fortitude than that.
The entire team is full of duds. It's the make-up of the organization. That said, Dubnyk's performances wouldn't even be in question if the club in front of him showed some passion, some fortitude and could score more than 2 goals a game.

I have never seen three, THREE first overall picks perform as badly as Hall, RNH and Yakupov have this year. We're completely ruining them.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:11 AM
GMofOilers

I know we played terrible, and in our end we suck! but that first goal against is what Dubby does best. So hard to recover and win with a goal like that against every game.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
I know we played terrible, and in our end we suck! but that first goal against is what Dubby does best. So hard to recover and win with a goal like that against every game.
Then score in the first period. Assert yourself before Dubnyk yields the 1-0 goal in the 2nd period.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:13 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Mentally weak team. They were probably relying on the refs to give them PPs or something.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:15 AM
ToeDrag83
Down, Not Out

Mike Brown completely owns Jordan Tootoo.

One minute later, instead of Edmonton, Detroit rides the momentum of that fight to score game's first goal.

Guess it all adds up in Oil Country...

As if we needed yet another game to add to the **** pile of evidence that this team doesn't give two ***** about anything.

Tune in each game now thinking "they must be due for a good game, this will be a response game for the way the played last night.." Nope. Only see regression. This team actually looks worse than last year's team.

Where is the ****ing pride?!

Old
03-08-2013, 12:16 AM
vespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
Wow, this team not only sucks...they KNOW they suck.
Digger Digger Digger....Its much worse than that. Not only do they know they suck, they seem to be accepting it gracefully.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Digger12

Krueger:

"We’re not quitters, we’ve lost our way, but I don’t believe it was a lack of effort, it was a lack of concept that lost it for us.”

Lack of CONCEPT? What the hell kind of corporate bafflegab fluff is that??

I've seen guys like this lots of times: They talk up a big game in the job interview and can impress the hell out of people, but once they're in the job it becomes apparent painfully fast that they're all style, zero substance in their body of work.

Not saying he's THE problem, but he is A problem without a doubt. He's Burnett with a thesaurus.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:18 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Last year at Christmas Tambo said he expected the Oilers to make the playoffs. The team finished 29th overall.

Tambos solution for the next season....add 2 rookies and a 6/7 dman. Yeah...that ought to do it. That should make the team more competitive.

This year at the halfway mark (approx) the Oilers sit 2 points out of 30th.

The results and Tambos expectations couldn't be further apart.

How much further evidence is required to illustrate that this man does not have the first clue about how to rebuild a hockey team?

Old
03-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

Lazy bums. That's all I have to say. Good night.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:19 AM
ToeDrag83
Down, Not Out

Same patterns are surfacing.

Toy with .500 hockey for first 20 or so games, and proceed to go on an unbelievable losing streak which you can't recover from. 2012-13 might as well be a template of 2011-12, minus the fact that the misery gets cut off a few games sooner.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:21 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Last year at Christmas Tambo said he expected the Oilers to make the playoffs. The team finished 29th overall.

Tambos solution for the next season....add 2 rookies and a 6/7 dman. Yeah...that ought to do it. That should make the team more competitive.

How much further evidence is required to illustrate that this man does not have the first clue about how to rebuild a hockey team?
I remember after the '10 season how he talked about being competitive after .

Old
03-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I said before the season Krueger could be gone quicker than George Burnett.

Most of his ideas are strange to say the least, some of them are not properly communicated, and the rest are bad ideas to begin with.

Remember him telling the team they would get a day off after bad games to get the funk of a bad game out of their system?

He was saying this to the losing culture Edmonton Oilers.

I pointed out at the time that it was an epic lack of understanding about this team that caused him to think suck a strategy would work.

Yeah, lets give dog ****ers the next day off as reward.

One in a series of strategies I seriously have to question.
Besides the benching's of Smyth and Whitney I am not a big fan of what he's done this year. This last bit and the total neutralization of Yakupov has really started to piss me the hell off.

Quote:

If they truly believe what they are spewing then they will A) can Krueger as a failed experiment or B) realize that it's not coaching and start making some long needed roster changes.

Either way it's all on management to step up and get the ball rolling in the right direction.

03-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:

Frightening isn't it? And if the Oilers actually do the unthinkable and fire him there won't be a person in the hockey or sporting world that will disagree with the decision. There won't even be a debate about it on those sports talk shows.

Consensus? The Oilers made the right move. Moving on.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:25 AM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Honestly watching the Oilers play is like listening to Vuvuzela's on a 10 hour loop.

03-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
"I have faith in our defensive depth. We'll be able to make a push for the playoffs."

The team treats the fans like we're uneducated saps. Unfortunately, we haven't proven them wrong considering that we keep lapping up the propaganda (Oil Change) and we continue to fill Rexall Place.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:28 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
How could I have forgotten that? Yet another Tambo gem.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:30 AM
t0nedeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Our transition has really fallen off now that we replaced Gilbert with Schultz and Whitney has fallen off.

Gilbert for all the hate we gave him was actually an above-average transition guy. Schultz is yet to reach average in that department.

Whitney's failure is a huge loss for us.

Our D has actually gotten better at D-zone coverage, but they've regressed big time in terms of transition. We went from below-average to dead-last IMO in terms of that part of the game. It's a big part of why this team is struggling to score at even-strength, whereas last year scoring was never a problem

Petry is perhaps our best right now (at or slightly above average), J.Schultz will hopefully attain average in 1-2 years. The rest is just horrible.
Shultz is Jason Smith type bad at passing the puck. It's a grenade whenever the pass is beyond the 10 ft mark. I can't even count how many times passes from the blue line (save for J. Shultz) ends up 3 feet in the air or 3 feet ahead of the intended receiver. This team needs a)some sort of system people can buy into (this team has 3 1st overalls and the gameplan shouldn't be defense first especially when it hasn't worked the last 3 years) and b) obtain another puck moving defenseman and a center who can win faceoffs so the team isn't chasing the puck for 75 percent of the game.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:33 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
If they truly believe what they are spewing then they will A) can Krueger as a failed experiment or B) realize that it's not coaching and start making some long needed roster changes.

Either way it's all on management to step up and get the ball rolling in the right direction.
Step up and get the ball rolling...after all thats happened...after all the evidence showing Tambo doesn't have a clue what he is doing you STILL think that Tambo has what it takes to 'step up and get the ball rolling'?

How exactly are you holding those remaining shards of hope together?

I am curious to know on what basis you believe this still has a chance of happening?

Old
03-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
NHL goalies do NOT let in that first goal. I don't care if it was flubbed or handcuffed dd. A legit #1 goalie does NOT let that first goal in, let alone a weak goal in every start for the last 2 weeks.
You could easily state that a legit NHL winger wouldn't haven't left his assignment entering the zone with just a reaching love tap instead of pursuing him and winning an individual battle. Or Duby facing countless men unchallenged or left open in the SLOT is the mistake of which NHLers. He may have missed that goal but you can't honestly begin to blame him for this loss. Look at the shots as an example then remember where and how apt the scoring opportunities were.

These guys need to start with single battles. Win every battle you enter. Everything else seems far too theoretical and overwhelms to them. Whether it be Kruegers book-long speeches or what. They need to start somewhere. I think that's a good place personally.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:41 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Frightening isn't it? And if the Oilers actually do the unthinkable and fire him there won't be a person in the hockey or sporting world that will disagree with the decision. There won't even be a debate about it on those sports talk shows.

Consensus? The Oilers made the right move. Moving on.
Tambos incompetence has been hidden under the guise of patience. Honestly though it really does surprise me that more people cant seem to see through the veil and admit what the real problem is.

The man does NOTHING to put together a roster that has any chance to develop and grow into a competitive team...NOTHING. And yet he still has a job?
Frightening indeed!

I mean does Katz even remotely care about the product that will be showcased in his newly gifted building? If he did Tambo and Lowe would be out of a job.

I am glad I haven't contributed a penny to this s**t show for 2 years now. This future result was evident enough for me back then.

Katz has a new toy and gets to play with his heroes. Screw the product.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:43 AM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Quote:
Step up and get the ball rolling...after all thats happened...after all the evidence showing Tambo doesn't have a clue what he is doing you STILL think that Tambo has what it takes to 'step up and get the ball rolling'?

How exactly are you holding those remaining shards of hope together?

I am curious to know on what basis you believe this still has a chance of happening?
this team is rotten to the core...from Katz on down

Katz doesn't have the balls to fire his buddy Lowe so Lowe will kep on truckin unfortunately

Tambo should/will get the axe once this team finishes bottom 5 and they need a representative of the Oilers to show up for TSN's draft lottery show

better not see Tambo's mug there

Old
03-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Bergeron47

Where's our captain, anyways?

Closed Thread