HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the "Zucc" be back? (3/25: Agrees to terms)

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 07:35 AM
anofsti

vCash: 679
I just tried to find who has these 49 contracts to no awail. But still, I'd assume the qualifying offer Zuccarello received count as one, as he have/had the option to accept it.

I don't think he would work well with Richards, because they both need to be the creative force in their line, just as Zuccarello didn't *click* with Malkin in the KHL. I don't think there is a good enough center on the team to be physical and skilled enough to pair him with Gaborik. That IMO leaves him with Steph as his center and Cally or Nash on the RW... if he gets brought over. Then again, he and Richards could go together as non-retarded Sedin twins.

Edit: Actually, Zuccarello-Boyle-Gaborik could work too, and it might be what Boyle needs. Boyle and Zuccarello found some chemistry when they played together, even if Boyles hand-eye coordination cost them both half a dozen points each.

Last edited by anofsti: 03-07-2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: too much Sedins. and more content
Old
03-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Go the distance?

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...ontent=Rangers

Doesn't sound like the Rangers are prepared to go the distance.
Yeah, I think Brooks has his sources and articles like this from him more or less tends to be his way of saying something without saying "sources close to the org".

Lock this thread up and forget about Zucc. I hope I am wrong but...

Old
03-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

There's still some glimmer of hope...

Old
03-07-2013, 11:23 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Zuccarello isn't one of the 49 SPCs. A qualifying offer isn't a signed contract.

http://www.capgeek.com/rangers/reserve-list/

There are 50. Michael St.Croix SPC slides to next season. Miller's SPC began this season. Makes 49.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
There's still some glimmer of hope...
the guys is also a RFA so teams can talk to his agent just like the Rangers....if a 2 yr , 1 way deal can be reached somewhere else Sather could use Zuccarello in a package to acquire another player.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:17 PM
TigerJack

Would be great to see him back with the blueshirts, but I see the chances for that close to 0%....

The only thing we know is that we will know soon....

And keep in mind that his NHL clause is in effect through out the whole second season in KHL. So the Rangers can still sign him during next season....

Old
03-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I'd give him one more shot. If he doesn't work out, he'll leave for the KHL/SEL anyway, so there won't be a cap hit.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:45 PM
anofsti

Quote:
Zuccarello isn't one of the 49 SPCs. A qualifying offer isn't a signed contract.

There are 50. Michael St.Croix SPC slides to next season. Miller's SPC began this season. Makes 49.
Thanks, I were looking all over for that list. To be fair tho. If they want him, they could always get rid of a few of those players that will never see time in the NHL.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:54 PM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

I want my lil' Zucc back!!

In all seriousness, our PP was night and day with him on it for those few games last season, and special teams is just so important...

Old
03-07-2013, 05:55 PM
jsothi

vCash: 50
Not getting Zucc back would be a huge mistake. He would add so much. Passes, creativity and enjoyment to watch.

Maybe he is not the best in the defensive zone, but we have a few allready that "zucc" there.

Give the boy a chance, give him confidence and let him play without constant fear of Torts Hammer and the Whale, and he will Shine.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:

It's going to be a busy summer in the organization. I count 18 of those contracts as expiring this year.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Why the NY Rangers Should Sign Mats Zuccarello for the Stretch Run

Quote:
Late last month it was being reported that New York Rangers general manager Glen Sather was interested in re-signing restricted free agent Mats Zuccarello once his KHL season had wrapped up.......

Old
03-08-2013, 12:47 AM
TigerJack

Some Zuke-skillz from his game for Norway against Switzerland about a month ago:

Old
03-08-2013, 01:58 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
Some Zuke-skillz from his game for Norway against Switzerland about a month ago:

I posted that video and some others some time ago, the response here was that it was more due to the lack of quality defenders than the skill of zuc..

Old
03-08-2013, 02:42 AM
Ola

Quote:
zuc-boyle-pyatt

zuc-richards-cally

zuc-miller-cally
I still want Zucc.

Hagelin's work with Stepan and Nash now, and with Richards perviously shouldn't be underrated. You do not get the same thing in Zucc, but OTOH on a dominant line Zucc possibly could be used in that position and contribute with other things. WHICH opens up for Richards to get the benefit of playing with Hagelin.

IE:
Zucc-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-Gabby/Callahan

Old
03-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Interview with Norwegian media;

http://www.vg.no/sport/ishockey/arti...artid=10101444

Google translated;

Quote:

I do not really know that much, I have not talked to them so much. The last I heard is that they are interested, so we'll see if they still are when I hear anything more, says Zuccarello to VG.

New York Rangers still holds the rights to him, and in the contract with Metallurg Magnitogorsk, he has a clause that allows him to go back.

- What do you think about going back?

- I have not quite decided yet. But it's the NHL, so if the chance comes it's very tempting. But I have not thought about it much yet, we just finished our season with a run at the playoffs and as I had hoped we would get farther. This is boring answers for you...

Last edited by nyr2k2: 03-08-2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: please don't post full articles
Old
03-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Ola

Some more quotes from the article:

Quote:
- When I was there I had a good relationship with "Torts". He treats everyone equally and respect everyone, but he knows what he wants and speaks his mind. He does not care who you are.

- When I was there I was often injured, and was not paid as much as the big guys -- it is easier to cut me than them perhaps. I was kind of a victim in that respect, but that's how it works. Anyway, if you get a second chance, you can only play and hope for the best, there is nothing more to do.

- There must be a one-way contract if I go, it's priority. So we'll see what we decide when it comes to length. Now they've won some games in a row, so maybe they do not need me anyway, Zuccarello said, adding that he's prepared for another year in Russia.

- I like it in Russia. It's a little different culture, but it's good hockey. Better than you think before you get there, maybe. I'm young too, so I can always go back there another year.

- The city is not exactly brilliant, but it is not so important. You do not see much of it during the season anyway, said Zuccarello.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post

Wow, they really take the body.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I posted that video and some others some time ago, the response here was that it was more due to the lack of quality defenders than the skill of zuc..
And that would be correct. Remember all the times he did that in the NHL? Me neither.

Old
03-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Old Norse Hockey

Norwegian TV2 are running a story this evening about a possible return to New York. Nothing new in the story though. Mats states that he wants a one way contract. TV2 claim that there is negotiations with his agent and NYR.

He have a problem with his wrist, and might undergo surgery this summer. Norwegian National team coach Roy Johansen is concerned that he won’t be available for WC in May month.
And the speculation is that maybe Metallurg Magnitogorsk wants him to undergo surgery before the world championships starts.

source: http://www.tv2.no/sport/ishockey/fry...a-4004364.html

Old
03-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Kershaw

If he still has this chronic wrist problems then no thanks. We'd simply be signing him for the benefit of a possible surgery.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:53 PM
anofsti

Eh, it's just that it didn't heal quite right after he broke it in his last game as a NYR. The surgery would be pretty simple, and would heal up completly in the off-season anyway. The KHL season starts about a month sooner than the NHL one, so that's why they would want him to get it now.

So it's not a chronic issue.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:48 AM
17futurecap

Not really news, but this appears in Brook's column Saturday morning.

Quote:
* Diminutive winger Mats Zuccarello might be inching closer to rejoining the Rangers now that his season in the KHL has ended.

Zuccarello’s agent, Don Meehan, told The Post in an email he has been in contact with Rangers assistant general manager Jeff Gordon, who said that he would confer with GM Glen Sather and get back to the agent. As of last night, Meehan was waiting for a response.

Complicating the issue is the fact the Rangers have 49 players under contract, one shy of the league maximum. Signing Zuccarello would limit any further flexibility.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:09 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
If he still has this chronic wrist problems then no thanks. We'd simply be signing him for the benefit of a possible surgery.
Does NYR have their own surgeon?

Old
03-09-2013, 06:21 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Not really news, but this appears in Brook's column Saturday morning.

team could use some scoring. If Boyle is going to be sitting on his arse then Zuke is better than Bickel

thing is I imagine they want to move a contract out. Maybe that's Boyle but I would be a little surprised if he as moved for just a pick. At the same time if they got a pick they could likely flip that later for a rental

I dont think they want to handcuff themselves with maxing the 50 contracts. A pick for a rental at the deadline is likely why they need 1 spot

maybe Gilroy is moved? Hamrlik is going to play in reality

with Boyle out and Zuke in a 3rd line of Pyatt, Miller, Zuccarello may score some goals. Torts can use Powe late in games if he wants Defense

Closed Thread