HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What must Edmonton do

Old
03-07-2013, 10:17 PM
jalbert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum View Post
The Oilers should just give up on the rest of the season and forfeit before every game. I'm so demoralized watching these guys.
Honestly, it looks like they already have. No fire in their eyes, no communication on the bench. Not a damn thing. All the Oilers need to do is #FireTambo, #FireLowe, #FireKreugar. Hire someone who can get things done and light a fire under the payers *****. So they can **** **** up!

jalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Burger Baron

vCash: 135
After watching tonight's game, i don't think there's much we can do

Burger Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:23 PM
umwoz

It looks to me like the main issue at hand is Tambellini. You can only look like a good GM by picking 1st overall for so long.

If Tambellini intended on being a playoff contender this year he should've added depth to this team.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Baron View Post
After watching tonight's game, i don't think there's much we can do
exactly. Embrace the growing pains and continue to stock up on high picks. Eventually it will all come together.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Pockets16

3 straight number 1 overall picks and nothing has changed

Pockets16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:24 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

but i thought the oilers were doing it right?

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Vitto79

trade Gagner now that his value is real high and change the team chemistry

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Blow it up. Thats what they need to do.

All those number one picks mean nothing if you dont have balance. A couple of those players....well, actually all three number one overalls wernt the best possible players they could have drafted in terms of actually getting a solid team, and RNH is nothing more then a soild second line center, in my opinion.

Fire the GM. Trade away a couple of those players for quantity or get Dale Tallon to clean up that mess. Its an embarrassment to trhe NHL and has crowned the Oilers a laughing stock with a pedigree of failure.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
In all seriousness, is it healthy to subject Hall and Eberle to 3 straight bottom of the barrel finishes? I can't imagine what it would be like as a young player going through such futility.
I've often wondered this myself. Can't imagine they'd have signed those nice extensions if they saw the state of the Oilers mid 2012-13. I'd also imagine a feeling of dread if I were a lottery players this year drafted by the Oilers.

Benedict Kovalchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:38 PM
david999

Another loss tonight and no goals. It's not good for the young guys to play on a team with a culture of losing. They need a shakeup bad. RNH to Toronto for Gardner+Bozak+3rd

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:44 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
I've often wondered this myself. Can't imagine they'd have signed those nice extensions if they saw the state of the Oilers mid 2012-13. I'd also imagine a feeling of dread if I were a lottery players this year drafted by the Oilers.
You have to think the Oilers will win at some point. If they drafted Barkov/Monahan and then traded Eberle or Yakupov for McDonagh or someone of that ilk, then you're good, IMHO, but obviously you never know...

But hey, if you're really desperate to win and you have a top-5 pick in this draft, SJ could make any of Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski available for it.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:24 AM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Petry, Hartikainen, Horcoff, Lander, VandeVelde and Peckham are all roster players on their team who they drafted outside of the first round.

Also have guys like Marincin, Reider, Gernat, Zharkov, Pitlick etc etc etc developing still and guys like Omark playing in Europe.

This is a relatively new scouting staff so we haven't got to see the fruits of their labor as far as late picks go, they take a while to develop.
Its amazing how Oiler fans have become brainwashed. You have to back to 98 to pull Horcoff out. How many players outside the first round have their been in the last 9 years? Omark is never coming back, hate to be the one to break it to you. Reider, Gernat, zarkov I guess there is no proof that they are busts yet but no proof that they are NHL players. Talk to me in 3 years about them. Every team has 5 or 6 of those type of guys that they hope one of them will make it to the NHL.

TS Quint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Numbers

This off season when Nashville can trade Weber, make an offer they can't refuse.

Yakupov
Klefbom
1st 2014

For

Weber

Pickup another veteran defenceman on the outs with a team, but has shown to be good player in past and not to old, for cheap e.g. Keith Ballard

2nd

For

Ballard

Try to sign physical UFA with top 6 upside. Maybe overpay a bit but might be worth it to add the versatility to lineup.

Ryan Clowe
Or
Nathan Horton

Forwards

Hall - Hopkins - Eberle
Clowe - Gagner - Hemsky
Hartikainen - Horcoff/Lander - Jones
Eager - Belanger - Brown

Defence

Ballard - Weber
Shultz - Shultz
Smid - Petry

Ballard is not being utilized well in Vancouver but is a puck mover and with a rock like Weber maybe you can bring out what he played like in Phoenix and Florida.

Play Horcoff or buy him out and replace with Lander.

Oh and to add icing to the cake you got your top 10 draft prospect from 2013 to groom for future. Who knows maybe even top 5 and ready to contribute right away. Paajarvi could be traded for a very solid 3rd line solid shutdown guy to bolster the overall defensive play of team, Tambellini can figure that one out I can't do all his god dam work!

Pretty sure Oilers make playoffs with that lineup. If not then Oilers are really screwed!

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:26 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
This off season when Nashville can trade Weber, make an offer they can't refuse.

Yakupov
Klefbom
1st 2014

For

Weber

Pickup another veteran defenceman on the outs with a team, but has shown to be good player in past and not to old, for cheap e.g. Keith Ballard

2nd

For

Ballard

Try to sign physical UFA with top 6 upside. Maybe overpay a bit but might be worth it to add the versatility to lineup.

Ryan Clowe
Or
Nathan Horton

Forwards

Hall - Hopkins - Eberle
Clowe - Gagner - Hemsky
Hartikainen - Horcoff/Lander - Jones
Eager - Belanger - Brown

Defence

Ballard - Weber
Shultz - Shultz
Smid - Petry

Ballard is not being utilized well in Vancouver but is a puck mover and with a rock like Weber maybe you can bring out what he played like in Phoenix and Florida.

Play Horcoff or buy him out and replace with Lander.

Oh and to add icing to the cake you got your top 10 draft prospect from 2013 to groom for future. Who knows maybe even top 5 and ready to contribute right away. Paajarvi could be traded for a very solid 3rd line solid shutdown guy to bolster the overall defensive play of team, Tambellini can figure that one out I can't do all his god dam work!

Pretty sure Oilers make playoffs with that lineup. If not then Oilers are really screwed!
Nashville would still refuse that. Honestly, it would take two young guns to pry away Weber. They just paid him 27 million this season, and add onto the fact he's the face of the franchise and their captain, he's not going anywhere unless you cripple your team.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:30 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbert View Post
Honestly, it looks like they already have. No fire in their eyes, no communication on the bench. Not a damn thing. All the Oilers need to do is #FireTambo, #FireLowe, #FireKreugar. Hire someone who can get things done and light a fire under the payers *****. So they can **** **** up!
4 coaches over a period of 5 years, I think it's time to put the onus on some of the players.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Nashville would still refuse that. Honestly, it would take two young guns to pry away Weber. They just paid him 27 million this season, and add onto the fact he's the face of the franchise and their captain, he's not going anywhere unless you cripple your team.
Not sure I agree with that, but then just add Paajarvi to that package, and Nashville is getting a lot to work with for the future. Especially if they miss the playoffs this year.

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:35 AM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Not sure I agree with that, but then just add Paajarvi to that package, and Nashville is getting a lot to work with for the future. Especially if they miss the playoffs this year.
Seriously? You've given them one player not having a good year, rookie or not and that's all. Prospects and picks can only go so far when you are getting a top 3 of any position.

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:45 AM
spOiler

Legit not looking forward to our next top 5 pick other fan bases honestly have every right to trash our team now lol. This is an embarrassment to the league. We suck and it hurts alot.

spOiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:58 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 1000
IMO, they need a legitimate top pairing defenseman or two. It's difficult to win in this league if you have a mediocre defense corps. Edmonton seems to have a lot of top-end talent, but the depth is also questionable up front, and the defense corps looks like it's made up of a bunch of second and third pairing guys.

Schultz is a start, but you can't expect a rookie to carry the load. A veteran #1 or #2 who can play in all situations would be a step in the right direction.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:20 AM
oilwings

Tank the season. Fire Tambi and KLowe for starters.

Hope for the #1 pick and take Jones.
Trade RNH+ for the #2 overall pick, take MacKinnon.
Trade Eberle+ or Yakupov+ for the #3 overall pick, take Barkov.
Engage in serious trade talks with LA for Bernier.
Put together a package for Weber.

Centre position will be filled for the next 15yrs

Will definitely shakeup the team's core for the new GM and he can say it's his team not somone's team.

Hall Barkov Eberle/Yakupov (Size: check)
MP MacKinnon ??? (Size: check)

Weber Jones (Massive nasty first pairing dmen that can move the damm puck and punish)
Klefbom J. Schultz (Again 2 big bodies and both can move the damm puck that can punish)
Musil Bigos (3rd pairing is another big mean nasty pairing)

Bernier

Trade Hemsky and Gagner's for some bottom 6 players can hit and fight. Maybe talk to Pittsburg regarding Morrow, Despres, Bennett, Harrington, and etc... I prefer Bennett for the 2RW.

Last edited by oilwings: 03-08-2013 at 03:44 AM.
oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:23 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
Tank the season. Fire Tambi and KLowe for starters.

Hope for the #1 pick and take Jones.
Trade RNH+ for the #2 overall pick, take MacKinnon.
Trade Eberle+ or Yakupov+ for the #3 overall pick, take Barkov.
Engage in serious trade talks with LA for Bernier.
Put together a package for Weber.

Centre position will be filled for the next 15yrs

Will definitely shakeup the team's core for the new GM and he can say it's his team not somone's team.

Hall Barkov Eberle/Yakupov (Size: check)
MP MacKinnon ??? (Size: check)

Weber Jones (Massive first pairing dmen that can move the damm puck and punish)
Klefbom J. Schultz (Again 2 big bodies and both can move the damm puck that can punish)
Musil Bigos (3rd pairing is another mean pairing)

Bernier

Trade Hemsky and Gagner's for some bottom 6 players can hit and fight. Maybe talk to Pittsburg regarding Morrow, Despres, Bennett, Harrington, and etc... I prefer Bennett for the 2RW.
What package is this that's going to Nashville for Weber?

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:33 AM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
What package is this that's going to Nashville for Weber?
Nashville can take what's leftover!

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:43 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by david999 View Post
Another loss tonight and no goals. It's not good for the young guys to play on a team with a culture of losing. They need a shakeup bad. RNH to Toronto for Gardner+Bozak+3rd
Thats not a shakeup..that's pure theft.

RNH has 1 goal/8 points and looks like a deer in headlights.He looks like Rob Schremp out there,zero chance he gets anything close to that package

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:44 AM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Tank for Seth Jones.

If the Oilers suck again next year,then you start trading the pick for immediate help.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:14 AM
Vikingstad
**** the King

Seth Jones this year, Ekblad next year, and McDavid the year after and we will be done!

Paajarvi-Nuge-Yakupov
Hall-McDavid-Eberle
whocares-whocares-whocares
whocares-whocares-whocares

Jones-Ekblad
Klefbom-Schultz
Whocares-whocares

Dubnyk
Whocares

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote