HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Calgary - Ottawa - Anaheim

Old
03-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Sensored

vCash: 50
Calgary - Ottawa - Anaheim

So it's entirely possible that i get destroyed for proposing this but i think it solves all 3 teams problems. Calgary gets their mini-rebuild, Ottawa adds to their top-6 and Anaheim gets something for Perry and they can still compete in the playoffs.

To Ottawa:

Corey Perry

To Anaheim:

Jerome Iginla
Patrick Wiercioch

To Calgary:

1st Round Pick (OTT)
Matt Puempel
Ben Bishop

Assumption above is that Ottawa and Anaheim have conversations with Perry and Iginla and they both re-sign after the trade.

Last edited by Sensored: 03-08-2013 at 08:15 AM. Reason: People worried about UFA status
Sensored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Not sure why we'd do this. We aren't trading a pending FA for another just because we're getting a young defenseman in the deal. We have youth coming up on D.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:07 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensored View Post
So it's entirely possible that i get destroyed for proposing this but i think it solves all 3 teams problems. Calgary gets their mini-rebuild, Ottawa adds to their top-6 and Anaheim gets something for Perry and they can still compete in the playoffs.

To Ottawa:

Corey Perry

To Anaheim:

Jerome Iginla
Patrick Wiercioch

To Calgary:

1st Round Pick (OTT)
Matt Puempel
Ben Bishop
Interesting, but I don't think Anaheim does it. Calgary would be foolish not to do it. Ottawa would be taking a major risk of Perry bolting after the season.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:12 AM
WhiteLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Interesting, but I don't think Anaheim does it. Calgary would be foolish not to do it. Ottawa would be taking a major risk of Perry bolting after the season.
CGY gets too much for Iggy.

ANA is stupid to trade Perry for a UFA, and likely don't have a need for Wiercioch.

Ottawa gives up too much for a rental.

WhiteLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Gary83*

Don't need or want Bishop at the present time. Pass.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Sensored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Not sure why we'd do this. We aren't trading a pending FA for another just because we're getting a young defenseman in the deal. We have youth coming up on D.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
CGY gets too much for Iggy.

ANA is stupid to trade Perry for a UFA, and likely don't have a need for Wiercioch.

Ottawa gives up too much for a rental.
Lets assume both Iginla and Perry re-sign after the trade.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:15 AM
WhiteLight

No rental has ever returned the kind of package the Sens are giving up. Ever. That's like 4 1st rounders.

And the Sens are far, FAR from locks for the playoffs. Horrible proposal.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Exit Dose

Okay. Why do we want Wiercioch? I like him as a player, but we're full up on D and frankly I'd rather bring up Hampus or Sami.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Sensored

Quote:
No rental has ever returned the kind of package the Sens are giving up. Ever. That's like 4 1st rounders.

And the Sens are far, FAR from locks for the playoffs. Horrible proposal.
Again, lets assume the Sens re-sign Perry. And also neither Bishop nor Wiercioch were 1st Round Picks. A re-signed Perry is worth that package.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:23 AM
WhiteLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensored View Post
Again, lets assume the Sens re-sign Perry. And also neither Bishop nor Wiercioch were 1st Round Picks. A re-signed Perry is worth that package.
Why should we assume this? It never happens. No way Perry re-signs with Ottawa before being traded.

Wiercioch is the most valuable piece the Sens are giving up. I wouldn't trade him straight up for a UFA Perry.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:24 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
He would be your goalie of the future. He is better than what you have behind Kipper and when he gets dealt, then ...

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Sensored

Quote:
Why should we assume this? It never happens. No way Perry re-signs with Ottawa before being traded.

Wiercioch is the most valuable piece the Sens are giving up. I wouldn't trade him straight up for a UFA Perry.
We assume this because this isn't real life. It's a discussion about whether the trade i proposed would in theory solve all teams needs if the players involved re-signed. Perry was also drafted by Bryan Murray he may want to go somewhere where he thinks he'll be comfortable.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:29 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
I love that Bishop, of all the pieces in that trade coming Calgary's way, is why you pass.

I'm not saying you should take it or not, I just find it hilarious that in a deal when you get a 1st round pick and a guy taken in the first round, it's Bishop that's the dealbreaker.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
He would be your goalie of the future. He is better than what you have behind Kipper and when he gets dealt, then ...
But Kipper isn't dealt right now. We don't need 26 year old backup goalie right now.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
But Kipper isn't dealt right now. We don't need 26 year old backup goalie right now.
How about a 27 or 28 year old starter? You going to need one of those in the next few years?

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Lukus

I think that's a deal that benefits all teams. I like it.

ANA
Of course it only makes sense if Perry tells ANA that he definitely won't be returning. Iginla would cost ANA alot less and minimize the impact of losing Perry. Let's not forget that ANA would also acquire OTT's best NHL-ready D prospect. What team has no use for that?

CGY
I can't see Iginla not re-signing with CGY but if the team wants to rebuilt, the package they would get in this deal would be as good as it gets. It would even allow them to move Kippy for more assets. It's a no-brainer for CGY if rebuilding is in their plan.

OTT
OTT gets the best player in this deal and the top line player they've been seeking ever since Heatley bolted out of town. Hefty price to pay but they have to do it.

Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
How about a 27 or 28 year old starter? You going to need one of those in the next few years?
Why not just let one of the best goalies in the NCAA take that spot if we're so concerned? The same goalie that is putting up alot better numbers then Bishop did.

Calgary will have plenty of options for goalies, I don't think trading Iginla and getting a goalie in return or part of the package will be one of those options.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:42 AM
JackBauer

What's the point of including CGY?

Perry

for

1st
Puempel
Weircioch
Bishop

That should have been the proposal. That said, ANA doesn't need Bishop and doesn't really need Weircioch, while we really need him.

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Sam Pollock

I don't understand why Ottawa would go to great lengths to get Perry by the trade deadline. Sarcasm aside, do you think he's the missing link for a deep playoff run this year?

I think if you waited until the off season and approached Anaheim to see what their intentions are with Perry. Then see if you could get his rights for a 2nd rounder or something to negotiate with him before free agency if they are walking away from him, it would accomplish basically the same thing.

As for Bishop, doesn't Calgary have Ramo coming over from the KHL next year?

I'm just saying this seems like massive overpayment by the Sens.

Sam Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:46 AM
WhiteLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
What's the point of including CGY?

Perry

for

1st
Puempel
Weircioch
Bishop

That should have been the proposal. That said, ANA doesn't need Bishop and doesn't really need Weircioch, while we really need him.
Not to mention the small fact that Anaheim is in a much better position to make an extended playoff run so they should keep the pending UFA

Old
03-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Tank Commander
Perennial Letdown

vCash: 742
UFA for UFA? How does that work? Both teams would rather resign their own guys.
You'd be better off just trying to deal that package to Calgary for Iggy.

Tank Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Leizi

Yeahhh... This is just terrible, Anaheim has good incoming NHL depth at D with names like Lindholm and Vatanen coming up. Perry for Iginla is a downgrade for the playoffs. I'd like to think once Getzlaf re-signs with Anaheim, his twin will follow.

Last edited by Leizi: 03-08-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Leizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
ANA
Of course it only makes sense if Perry tells ANA that he definitely won't be returning. Iginla would cost ANA alot less and minimize the impact of losing Perry. Let's not forget that ANA would also acquire OTT's best NHL-ready D prospect. What team has no use for that?
The Ducks don't have a need for that. We have 7 Dmen that are all playing very well at the NHL level. Then we have 2 NHL ready prospects who have a higher upside (Lindholm) or posses a skill set we need (Vatanen).

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Not sure how this benefits Calgary. Bishop really isn't needed since we already have Ramo in the plan (he's the same age as Bishop, dominated the KHL this year and Calgary management is very high on him). Plus, we have still Kipper, we have Taylor / Irving ready as backups, and we have Brossoit / Gillies / Ortio as goaltenders developing nicely in our system.

Puempel is a nice piece, as is a first.

I think if you want to really entice Calgary, you're going to need to replace Bishop with something else, preferably a defenseman.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
I think that's a deal that benefits all teams. I like it.

ANA

CGY
I can't see Iginla not re-signing with CGY but if the team wants to rebuilt, the package they would get in this deal would be as good as it gets. It would even allow them to move Kippy for more assets. It's a no-brainer for CGY if rebuilding is in their plan.

OTT
OTT gets the best player in this deal and the top line player they've been seeking ever since Heatley bolted out of town. Hefty price to pay but they have to do it.
A team that already has a full compliment of NHL defensemen AND NHL-ready D.