HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 04:38 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
So jealous. I can't wait until I get back into a competitive league. The most exciting thing to happen this season was an unexpected loss. Second most exciting is the players on my top line are creeping closer and closer to the top 10 in scoring. I think one is in 12th now. Bit of a surprise since the second line was carrying the team early on. And they've played 6 games less than almost everyone in front of them because I ran both camps early in the season.
I don't have a single person in the top-50 in goals, assists, points, +/-, PIMS, defensive scoring, powerplay goals or shorthanded goals. The only thing I have for skaters are three guys in the top-50 in shots on net. My goalies are doing well but that's beside the point. If I could relegate and ensure I wouldn't get penalized by the sponsors I would. But I think I may be dinked...

Old
03-07-2013, 01:21 AM
tujague

How did sponsors go for everyone?

I accepted a 4 star General. It was only a slight improvement. I wasnt sure what o expect. I dropped from 4th to 7th. I guess the CWC invite was enough to offset that.

The 1 star Media was rejected. It was still nearly 2M more than this season's 5 star deal.

The VIP boxes all seem to be in the 320-360k range, so that'll get me another 2.5M per week.

I could be up around 43-45M per week. What the hell...

Old
03-07-2013, 02:23 AM
redcard

I had 21 mil as my estimated income for next season when trying to plan out my finances, compared to this season 16.8 mil/week.

5 star Gen sponsor for 15.2 mil, increase of 2.7 mil, accepted.

2 star medai offer for 5.2 mil, increase of 1.7, rejected. I'll have 10,000 more seats finished on the final day, so I figure even if I get a 4-5 star offer the next two days I'll still reject it as a 1 star offer with 40k seats will probably be more than a 5 star offer with 30k seats. Or am I wrong?

All VIP lounges came as 1 stars, but very minimal increases (currently receiving 661K for 3), all rejected.

So I was quite surprised that my estimation was spot on with the first nights offers, and considering I only accepted 1 I could get a small chunk more. 22% total increase so far, but I'm willing to bet there's still a lot of teams in I.1 making significantly more.

Unrelated note: Warren Abu will likely be the starting goalie for the U17 team. When I talked to his Latvian owner he said he thought he might sell him, as he won't get any playing time on his team. I don't know if any of you guys are in the market for a young goalie, but I told him I'd let him know if I found anyone interested. I'd hate for him to go on the market and get purchased by someone with low facilities. Att/Qs: 184/91 60/90 129/81 130/86 64/83, downside is 5/6 C/L.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:19 AM
suprvilce

My best pull ever so far:

Too bad he's 5/6. Hopefully he scouts well and i can get few bucks for him.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:40 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
I'm trying very hard not to peek until after our league cup match and the potential extra OTR.

Last edited by Obryantj: 03-07-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old
03-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post

Congrats, that is one heck of a pull. I'd be interested, but my hockey team is not in "buy prospects' mode right now.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Emerald76

Nice pull Suprvlice - shame about the 5/6, though he'd still go for a few quid!

Rejected 1# offers for both General and media offers - both were slightly lower than the current deals which were both 4# offers.

Old
03-07-2013, 08:08 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
I had 21 mil as my estimated income for next season when trying to plan out my finances, compared to this season 16.8 mil/week.

2 star medai offer for 5.2 mil, increase of 1.7, rejected. I'll have 10,000 more seats finished on the final day, so I figure even if I get a 4-5 star offer the next two days I'll still reject it as a 1 star offer with 40k seats will probably be more than a 5 star offer with 30k seats. Or am I wrong?
Damn. I was hoping you'd get more. 21M is nothing You have got to get your stadium built ASAP. And get into a damn IC while you're at it.

I'm not sure about the Media deal. If you're only getting around 5.2M, then you're probably right that it couldn't hurt to wait. That's a tough situation to be in. I hope you wait just to see if there is a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post

Sick player. 5/6 sucks for making money, but he'll still be very good. I had a similar pull in soccer and I'm keepin him. Unless he drops to 4/6 at 17yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I'm trying very hard not to peek until after our league cup match and the potential extra OTR.

I'll edit this post with the details this evening.
Oh? Do we play today? I hadn't noticed

I have nothing for you. I blew my wad sneaking my starters in against willmott's Betamax. I was hoping to add another player before today, but that didn't happen either.

EDIT: I think I'm going to mess around with the lineup for today's match. Gonna try some different stuff. I don't think any of it will matter though.

Last edited by tujague: 03-07-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old
03-07-2013, 08:23 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Quote:
Dammit I keep forgetting about that! Took a 4* GS @ 18.7M/week and rejected a 14M/week media deal. Was expecting more since I went from div2 to 3rd in div1 and also am in the ChL with a much larger stadium. VIPs are around 5M/year. I'll be getting 35M/week ish from sponsors plus 13.6M/week on average from ticket sales. Guess that's not too bad. Likely still a far cry from Kenora and company.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:13 PM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Spent another 32.5 million on a player in soccer today, probably overpaid by 5 million or so but I was desperate to get another SM by the start of next season and I simply don't have the time to comb the market so I did the best I could. If he holds up C/L I'll be very happy, and if scouted qualities are close to what I'm seeing I'll be happy. Main thing is I want to climb a few spots in the rankings so I'll have a little breathing room from the bottom. While I bring in some more young guys.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:01 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
Spent another 32.5 million on a player in soccer today, probably overpaid by 5 million or so but I was desperate to get another SM by the start of next season and I simply don't have the time to comb the market so I did the best I could. If he holds up C/L I'll be very happy, and if scouted qualities are close to what I'm seeing I'll be happy. Main thing is I want to climb a few spots in the rankings so I'll have a little breathing room from the bottom. While I bring in some more young guys.
Oooo post his Qs when he's scouted. I want to see how he turned out.

Also, new PR in soccer (replace Stimulators with Le Royal)

Old
03-07-2013, 05:23 PM
redcard

I'll at least get a few extra games next season, with today's win I'll be in the 5th place league cup game against Arlington on Sunday, but Arlington and the 4 teams that made the semi's will all already be in international cups next season which will put me in the SuperLeague cup. Depending on how long I can stay in (potentially 11 games) it'll at least bring in some extra ticket revenue and an OTR boost. A bit of a consolation prize, but I'll take it.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:28 PM
canucks357

Quote:
I'll at least get a few extra games next season, with today's win I'll be in the 5th place league cup game against Arlington on Sunday, but Arlington and the 4 teams that made the semi's will all already be in international cups next season which will put me in the SuperLeague cup. Depending on how long I can stay in (potentially 11 games) it'll at least bring in some extra ticket revenue and an OTR boost. A bit of a consolation prize, but I'll take it.
Certainly helps the OTR and weekly income! Enjoy and good luck! I wouldn't recommend chewing up too much energy there though.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Oh? Do we play today? I hadn't noticed

I have nothing for you. I blew my wad sneaking my starters in against willmott's Betamax. I was hoping to add another player before today, but that didn't happen either.

EDIT: I think I'm going to mess around with the lineup for today's match. Gonna try some different stuff. I don't think any of it will matter though.
I'm on week 2 of training camps and fairly surprised by my team's progress through the League Cup. It looks like I'll have a face off against FC Corona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Dammit I keep forgetting about that! Took a 4* GS @ 18.7M/week and rejected a 14M/week media deal. Was expecting more since I went from div2 to 3rd in div1 and also am in the ChL with a much larger stadium. VIPs are around 5M/year. I'll be getting 35M/week ish from sponsors plus 13.6M/week on average from ticket sales. Guess that's not too bad. Likely still a far cry from Kenora and company.
Waiting for the OTR update was good because I managed to win and pick up a few OTR points. However, ALL of my offers were rejected.

General: 1 star; 28,659,284/wk [Current: 4 star; 29,398,598/wk]
Media: 1 star; 29,409,352/wk [Current: 4 star; 19,139,715/wk]

VIP Lounges:
2 star; 435,097/wk
1 star; 426,893/wk
3 star; 459,463/wk
2 star; 446,932/wk
2 star; 435,263/wk
1 star; 431,078/wk
3 star; 457,184/wk
(under construction)

Altogether these represent just over 61M/wk in rejected offers.

Not sure if I should post details in the in-game forums.

Edit: Forgot to include current expeneses.

Player Salaries: 911,227
Staff Salaries: 1,694,550
Facilities Maint: 743,696
Stadium Maint: 1,097,894
Player Fee: 182,245

Total: 4,629,612/day

Old
03-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Obryantj

Quote:

All VIP lounges came as 1 stars, but very minimal increases (currently receiving 661K for 3), all rejected.

So I was quite surprised that my estimation was spot on with the first nights offers, and considering I only accepted 1 I could get a small chunk more. 22% total increase so far, but I'm willing to bet there's still a lot of teams in I.1 making significantly more.

Unrelated note: Warren Abu will likely be the starting goalie for the U17 team. When I talked to his Latvian owner he said he thought he might sell him, as he won't get any playing time on his team. I don't know if any of you guys are in the market for a young goalie, but I told him I'd let him know if I found anyone interested. I'd hate for him to go on the market and get purchased by someone with low facilities. Att/Qs: 184/91 60/90 129/81 130/86 64/83, downside is 5/6 C/L.
The discrepancy in sponsorship offers is unfortunately widening at a faster rate than almost all of us would like.

I'm definitely interested in picking up U17 and U20 USA players. However, at certain positions they'd have a very difficult time find playing time. Goalie is one of those positions.

Quote:
Congrats! I was hoping when I beat Phenomenon last round that it would clinch your spot in the SLC. I'm glad to see you get in. I haven't looked at the SLC much, but I'm assuming you'll definitely be able to pad your OTR early in the season.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:43 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Altogether these represent just over 61M/wk in rejected offers.
Jesus H Mother Falootin' Cherry Blossom.

It appears I still have a lot of catching up to do.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Obryantj

Day 2 offers:

General: (accepted)
4*; 31,717,157/wk

Media: (accepted)
5*; 34,025,147

The VIP lounge offers aren't in yet and I'm tired. I'm glad to get the two big offers signed though.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:52 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Day 2 offers:

General: (accepted)
4*; 31,717,157/wk

Media: (accepted)
5*; 34,025,147

The VIP lounge offers aren't in yet and I'm tired. I'm glad to get the two big offers signed though.

That's insane man. I don't even want to know what Kenora Stingers and IzzaX's team gets. I'm getting pretty much bang-on half of what you're getting and I finished third in Canada's I.1. Guess OTR makes a heap of a difference.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Obryantj

Quote:

That's insane man. I don't even want to know what Kenora Stingers and IzzaX's team gets. I'm getting pretty much bang-on half of what you're getting and I finished third in Canada's I.1. Guess OTR makes a heap of a difference.
From everything I know about sponsorship offers, Kenora should be making less than me.

Canada has 3 division vs. 4 division in the USA (probably affects you greatly as well)
Kenora has 663.98 OTR vs. 685.85 OTR for the Boilermakers
Kenora has HR-14 vs. HR-15 for the Boilermakers
Kenora has a 72,000 capacity stadium vs. 80,000 for the Boilermakers
I assume Kenora has max marketing managers vs. I know the Boilermakers have max marketing managers
Both teams finished 1st in their respective I.1 leagues.
Both teams qualified for the ChL for the nth time.

There may be other things that impact sponsorship offers, but that covers everything in the guide.

----

I accepted two 5* VIP lounge offers today. 485,005 and 484,524 per week.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:31 AM
tujague

Quote:

OTR is much bigger than we expected. I've been trading info with another US manager. He's getting much more money than I am despite being less successful in league play. Last season, I finished 5-6 spots higher in the league. I thought this was the most important part of the equation. Stadiums were similar, mine slightly bigger. He had Marketers that were 12% better. He had been in Intl Cups two seasons in a row. I assumed this might balance out our offers. He had +60 OTR. His offers were 3-4M better than mine.

This season, he finished a spot ahead of me. Marketers and stadium were the same. I qualified for an IC, he's got that two years running again. That's really the only difference between our teams other than he's still +60 OTR (560 vs 620).

My sponsors: Gen- 20.5M Media- 21.9M VIPs- 340-360k
His sponsors: Gen- 25.6M Media- 25.5M VIPs- 420-440k

OTR is HUGE.

-----
I think I posted this recently, but Izzax said he was making 90M per week in one of the Canadian threads. I'm pretty sure that was soccer. Maybe in the Canadian NT thread? Damn. PPM is down. I'll look for it later.

Quote:
The discrepancy in sponsorship offers is unfortunately widening at a faster rate than almost all of us would like.
Definitely not faster than all of us thought

Any interest in revisiting my penalize the top teams OTR plan?

It's ruining another sport.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:36 AM
canucks357

Quote:
From everything I know about sponsorship offers, Kenora should be making less than me.
I didn't look at specifics just knew you both were top teams in your respective countries.

Quote:
OTR is much bigger than we expected.
It would appear so. That may explain why in hockey my sponsor never really took a hit when I promoted yet lost my int'l cup bonus bucks. I suspect this coming season it'll be alright too (I'm back above 570 OTR where I was the end of last season). I think I'm in the top-5 of Canadian soccer OTR. But there is a large gap between 1 and 5. Hopefully a couple steady years near the top of I.1 and consistent international play will correct that. I'll catch Kenora eventually. I used to (may still can't check - game is down) have the top AQ team in Canada. While that may have changed I still only have a few 4/6 guys (had none last season that I planned on keeping). Bodes well for the future...

Old
03-08-2013, 10:01 AM
tujague

How much do you think this guy will cost? Valts Grislitis

Contrary to my usual demeanor, I do not mind spending big money. And I need a CM since I sold two of my three starters.

Quote:
It would appear so. That may explain why in hockey my sponsor never really took a hit when I promoted yet lost my int'l cup bonus bucks. I suspect this coming season it'll be alright too (I'm back above 570 OTR where I was the end of last season). I think I'm in the top-5 of Canadian soccer OTR. But there is a large gap between 1 and 5. Hopefully a couple steady years near the top of I.1 and consistent international play will correct that. I'll catch Kenora eventually. I used to (may still can't check - game is down) have the top AQ team in Canada. While that may have changed I still only have a few 4/6 guys (had none last season that I planned on keeping). Bodes well for the future...
Here's IzzaX's quote:

IzzaX
| 08.01.2013 20:22:24

Reaction to: slavko74 (08.01.2013 18:11:06)

I get almost 90 millions from sponsors each Wednesday smiles

As far as the rest of your post, a couple of steady years at the top of I.1 won't really help. I finished in 4th place several seasons in a row and Obryantj pulled away. Maybe you'll have a better shot since we're getting 8 teams in the ICs again. But you won't catch him for a while if he stays on top of things.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:15 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
What are y'alls thoughts on shooting skill for non-forwards in soccer?

I'm currently training 10:2 on my midfielders, which I think is too low, and may be part of my problem with my team not doing so great.

I'm not training shooting on defense, and I'll probably keep it that way.

On forwards I am training 10:7, and I'm ok with that ratio

Thoughts?

Old
03-08-2013, 10:22 AM
suprvilce

Quote:

I'm currently training 10:2 on my midfielders, which I think is too low, and may be part of my problem with my team not doing so great.

I'm not training shooting on defense, and I'll probably keep it that way.

On forwards I am training 10:7, and I'm ok with that ratio

Thoughts?
I don't play soccer (aka football) but you can do what i did in hockey, scout a few players from the top ellite teams in the world to see in what ratio they train their players

Old
03-08-2013, 10:28 AM
canucks357

Quote:
How much do you think this guy will cost? Valts Grislitis
Whatever he gets I'm interested. I have 2 similar CFs, one is 20 and the other 19. Problem is they both were 6/6 @ 15 followed by 5/6 @ 16 meaning they're 4/6 @ 20. Naturally, it is me we're talking about here.

Quote:
I do it depending on Qs. Shooting is taken into account for the in-game ratings for Fwds and Mids but not D. One thing most people neglect is training mid on fwds and D, Off on mids and Def on mids. I know for a fact training these attributes will not improve in-game ratings but will improve in-game performance. I'd like to think that's why my team does so well (especially defensively) and why Tyson Borden is consistently Canada's best CB at the NT level despite an IGR of 31 compared to 35 for another guy.

Closed Thread