HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Islanders 3/7/13 - What Is This Gaborik You Speak Of?

View Poll Results: Three Stars of the Game?
Anton Stralman 5 2.94%
Rick Nash 152 89.41%
Ryan McDonagh 4 2.35%
Roman Hamrlik 2 1.18%
Steve Eminger 1 0.59%
Dan Girardi 6 3.53%
Michael Del Zotto 4 2.35%
Marian Gaborik 65 38.24%
Ryan Callahan 7 4.12%
Henrik Lundqvist 135 79.41%
Carl Hagelin 6 3.53%
JT Miller 9 5.29%
Michael Haley 2 1.18%
Jeff Halpern 2 1.18%
Taylor Pyatt 0 0%
Brian Boyle 1 0.59%
Martin Biron 0 0%
Derek Stepan 71 41.76%
Stu Pickles 2 1.18%
Darroll Powe 1 0.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Contributed nothing. On the ice for 6, in the box for 5.
i thought bickel played quality minutes when he was on the ice. what do you expect out of him? you're just mad kreider is down

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Mickaleen

Thats him, and I think its great. He is pure filth.

Mickaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick063092 View Post
Please tell me this is gold wig guy..
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/i...ifsZ7xNNMpbVaO
Pretty sure it is

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Take the blinders off and don't be ignorant Bickel was punched in the face by the islander he in no was instigating .. Be fair not bias man
Wish they let them go, but Finley was hiding behind the linesman after he cheap shotted Bick, I thought he played responsibily as well, Halp drew 2 penalties but what am I missing here the 4th line was on, so their line drew 2 penalties, haley played well too

Mio41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Mickaleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick063092 View Post
Please tell me this is gold wig guy..
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/i...ifsZ7xNNMpbVaO
Thats him.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Pretty sure it is
He looks like a class act....

Old
03-08-2013, 09:42 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Good road win last night.

Was hoping for a goal from one of Boyle, Powe, Halpern, etc.. but nonetheless a solid 2 points on the road.

I thought the Rangers carried the game all night (again) and if not for Nabokov this game could have gotten out of hand quickly. Few things

I have to point this out right off the bat. Two guys stood out to me last night - Stepan (we have a new #1 center folks) continues to play very well, and Stralman - stepped up big time and had some really great rushes and offensive spurts. If Staal is out longterm, if he plays the way he did last night this team will be just fine.

Lundqvist quietly has been putting together a string of solid games. He made 3 or 4 big time stops at key times.

Nash, he just makes the difference on this team. Every time he comes down the ice with the puck something happens. Dubinsky? Anisimov? Who?

Gaborik, its about time. I still think he hasnt been as hard on the puck as he can be. He was in some important sequences which mattered most but theres still another level of his game he needs to reach.

Hamrlik was ok, well see if he can sustain it.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Mickaleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Good road win last night.

Was hoping for a goal from one of Boyle, Powe, Halpern, etc.. but nonetheless a solid 2 points on the road.

I thought the Rangers carried the game all night (again) and if not for Nabokov this game could have gotten out of hand quickly. Few things

I have to point this out right off the bat. Two guys stood out to me last night - Stepan (we have a new #1 center folks) continues to play very well, and Stralman - stepped up big time and had some really great rushes and offensive spurts. If Staal is out longterm, if he plays the way he did last night this team will be just fine.

Lundqvist quietly has been putting together a string of solid games. He made 3 or 4 big time stops at key times.

Nash, he just makes the difference on this team. Every time he comes down the ice with the puck something happens. Dubinsky? Anisimov? Who?

Gaborik, its about time. I still think he hasnt been as hard on the puck as he can be. He was in some important sequences which mattered most but theres still another level of his game he needs to reach.

Hamrlik was ok, well see if he can sustain it.
Stralman was great last night. His skating and mobility really stood out.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickaleen View Post
Stralman was great last night. His skating and mobility really stood out.
Played a really good game was impressed with his speed

Old
03-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Hate to say it, but the Islanders have a nice crop if young forwards. Im quite jealous they have Tavares to build around, yet confident they'll screw it up like they always do.

Their defense underneath the hash in their own zone was an absolute trainwreck. So many turnovers when the Rangers were forechecking. 55 minutes of pure frustration until they finally potted one.

The 3rd line of Powe-Boyle-Pyatt does a suitable job in a checking role, but you just know they're not going to score a goal when they're out there.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Check out Cally's screen:

Old
03-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Mickaleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Hate to say it, but the Islanders have a nice crop if young forwards. Im quite jealous they have Tavares to build around, yet confident they'll screw it up like they always do.

Their defense underneath the hash in their own zone was an absolute trainwreck. So many turnovers when the Rangers were forechecking. 55 minutes of pure frustration until they finally potted one.

The 3rd line of Powe-Boyle-Pyatt does a suitable job in a checking role, but you just know they're not going to score a goal when they're out there.
You aint kidding. Isles have a ton of talent up front. My God Grabner is like a rocket out there, 2 strides and hes gone.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:57 AM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Should embed the song from Van Halen "Jump"

Great win. Now onto playing Sens at home. Keep the streak alive.

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Mickaleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMMV View Post
Should embed the song from Van Halen "Jump"

Great win. Now onto playing Sens at home. Keep the streak alive.
Yup, yet another huge game tonight.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:

The whole 3rd line played well but I thought Pyatt stood out, I'm confident that any one on one battle in the corner he will win the puck....

Old
03-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Levitate

Quote:

I'd love to have a guy like Matt Martin on the Rangers. Then again, they had Prust who is pretty similar...

Islanders just seem like they have some good pieces but cannot put it together. Part of it's probably coaching and part of it is probably not having the kind of depth they need to consistently put pressure on teams and score, while not being bad defensively

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:00 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
The whole 3rd line played well but I thought Pyatt stood out, I'm confident that any one on one battle in the corner he will win the puck....
Yep, he has been a great underrated signing. His combination of size, strength and skating make him difficult to play against.

He is exactly what I wanted Boyle to be this year. Hasn't happened.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:00 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

If the Isles can draft and develop a few more D and a tender they will be contenders in the Division for sure. Will that happen? Will it happen before JT gets pissed off and leaves? That's another question.

Making the playoffs with realignment is gonna be no easy feat.

03-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Yep, he has been a great underrated signing. His combination of size, strength and skating make him difficult to play against.

He is exactly what I wanted Boyle to be this year. Hasn't happened.
Started the season a little tentaive but is really playing well now, they said he was a bigger better Prust and they were right

Old
03-08-2013, 10:05 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

They have huge void in net. And Isles fans chanting "Nabby" a la "Henrik" is just pathetic.

03-08-2013, 10:05 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Check out Cally's screen:

Someone Photoshop a guitar with this

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
They have huge void in net. And Isles fans chanting "Nabby" a la "Henrik" is just pathetic.
Nabakov isn't bad but the team isn't good enough defensively to give him the help he needs to win more games

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I'd love to have a guy like Matt Martin on the Rangers. Then again, they had Prust who is pretty similar...

Islanders just seem like they have some good pieces but cannot put it together. Part of it's probably coaching and part of it is probably not having the kind of depth they need to consistently put pressure on teams and score, while not being bad defensively
Martin would be a great fit anywhere in the league. Those types of players are more valuable than their stats suggest. The Rangers are lacking someone like that. I was hoping Haley could provide some of that on the 4th line, he has looked decent. Moves pretty well.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I thought he played well but the chant is forced

Old
03-08-2013, 10:09 AM
SnowblindNYR

Anyone else think that Richards' injury has been a blessing in disguise? I think Torts will now have to put Miller at 3C. With Kreider playing well in CT maybe we'll see a return of Kreider-Miller-Callahan, but now with all 3 players having a lot more confidence. No semi-decent team should have Boyle, especially this version on the 3rd line, or Bickel in the lineup at all.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote