HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

3/7/13 "Youth Is Served" - Panthers VS Capitals

View Poll Results: Which rookie makes the biggest impact tonight?
Huberdeau 12 32.43%
Shore 2 5.41%
Rheault 0 0%
Markstrom 23 62.16%
Robak 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 08:40 AM
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
Anyone else walk away from a Panther game? I mean, begin to watch, see them get down by a bunch of goals early and then walk away because you know they have no shot to come back and win the game. Literally walk away the moment after they give up the bunch of goals and not care until the next game.

This was the first time I ever walked away from a Panther game. Cause I knew they had no shot to come back and the Caps would just score more goals.

Pretty much what happened.

Has happened a few times, I mostly just go to bed since I'm living in Sweden. I don't even get angry when we lose, it's just a "oh well" feeling. It's probably because I know this team just isn't good enough to win against good teams on a consistent basis.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:46 AM
harv3317

imo, the team didn't play too badly. our goal tending was absolutely disgusting. markie gives up 2 goals on two shots which would've been stopped by any decent, any goaley. we out chanced and outplayed them for a good part of the first, but their goal tending was excellent. overall we didn't play that badly, but washington did go into somewhat of a shell after the 3rd goal. the boys tried all game and didn't give up. i give them kudos for that. with the goalkeeping we got and the goalkeeping they got no team would've won that game.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:01 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakstar View Post
Has happened a few times, I mostly just go to bed since I'm living in Sweden. I don't even get angry when we lose, it's just a "oh well" feeling. It's probably because I know this team just isn't good enough to win against good teams on a consistent basis.
Usually I try to watch it to the end even if it's clear that there's no way of winning it anymore, unless I have something important to do the next day and need some sleep.

Watched until the start of 3rd and then had that "oh **** it" feeling and went to bed.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:24 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

I have a small request to whoever is making the next GDT . Please put forth an effort that mirrors the effort shown by our team last night.

Thank you kindly.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
I have a small request to whoever is making the next GDT . Please put forth an effort that mirrors the effort shown by our team last night.

Thank you kindly.

Oh now that I can do.

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Old
03-08-2013, 10:32 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Oh now that I can do.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Beezeral

this season has had some serious stinkers that there is no shame in walking away from.

I can't stand the people who judge fanship by sitting in front of your tv for 3 hours to watch your team get blown out.

This isnt the NFL where there are 16 games and thats it. There are 82 games (48 this year) and there is another one tonight, I invest the majority of my free time watching this team. Who cares if I decide that I would rather spend 2.5 hours doing something else than watching the capitols run it up on us.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:12 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
I think he has done a serviceable job...A million times better than Kuba
Kuba was an even 0 last night, if that says anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick
We still have Santorelli!
Anyone notice how he did last night? I just listened on the radio and forgot to tape the game. I thought he was one of our best players the previous two games. Saw he was -1, which isn't too bad when we got outscored by 6.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:20 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I actually never turned the game off until it was over last night. Now before you tell me I'm a great fan or just a moron for keeping it on for so long, I barely looked up at the TV after the 1st period since I knew it was well over.

As a fan of this team since the beginning, I've seen them go through some bad seasons. This one I don't believe is even as bad as the worst, but I have never seen so many games where we were completely blown out. That -30 goal differential definitely speaks for our season.

Oh, and I am completely on the tankwagon now.

Closed Thread