HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Couturier

Old
03-08-2013, 08:33 AM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Couturier plays too scared to fail in my opinion. Almost like JVR was doing, he doesn't think he's good enough to do things in the NHL that he could in juniors. Offensively, he doesn't even bother going to the net.
He needs a serious confidence booster right now, and not being put up against Malkin when he was out on the ice must of been a serious kick in the pants.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:41 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by poneill27 View Post
I am one of the most impatient people around, but in this case we need to be patient! We may need to wait 3-4 years until we really see what he's capable of. Look at Voracek. He's been in the nhl for 5 yrs and has only just begun. We have something special in Couturier and need to get off his back!
This.

And that's why I don't like people who pencil him in as the #2C for next season, or even publicly call him a future #1C.

Fans can dream but a prospect needs to earn his roster spot and playing time. People are always criticizing this organiztation for their lack of patience but in facts it's the fanbase that builds those unrealistic expectations.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Most players, including superstar type players, don't really produce consistently until they're at least 22 or 23. Historically that's when players enter their offensive prime. Couturier is at least 2 years from that. You have to be patient. He just needs to grow into his body, get stronger, get more experience, and hopefully improve his skating a bit.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:26 AM
PropJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Most players, including superstar type players, don't really produce consistently until they're at least 22 or 23. Historically that's when players enter their offensive prime. Couturier is at least 2 years from that. You have to be patient. He just needs to grow into his body, get stronger, get more experience, and hopefully improve his skating a bit.
I get that but I just don't see the offensive potential that some people do. I think you could see it last year with Schenn and you could definitely see it with JVR.

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

According to tweets, during todays practice Couts is playing on the fourth line with Zac and Talbot.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
According to tweets, during todays practice Couts is playing on the fourth line with Zac and Talbot.
Zac, Max, and Sean...that is quite a bit of energy. I can see it working.

Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Jtown

IM actually not opposed to dropping coots down a line. Our 3rd line is a scoring line and he has not been scoring. Simple as that. Maybe a reduction in responsibility will help him out some.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJoe View Post
I get that but I just don't see the offensive potential that some people do. I think you could see it last year with Schenn and you could definitely see it with JVR.
We saw it last year with his shot, and with his play against the Pens. He has the pedigree coming out of juniors and he was nearly a PPG player in the AHL this year. He'll get there if he can become a better skater.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:51 PM
jabba2
GoulBourne Supremacy

Couturier's scoring game is around the crease, a dirty goal type player, not a JVR or Carter wrist shot kind of player. Couturier needs to add some weight to his frame to create space for himself, and the goals will come.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
IM actually not opposed to dropping coots down a line. Our 3rd line is a scoring line and he has not been scoring. Simple as that. Maybe a reduction in responsibility will help him out some.
If our third line is a scoring line, then why the hell is Ruslan Fedotenko centering it?

Flyersfan1493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:45 PM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
If our third line is a scoring line, then why the hell is Ruslan Fedotenko centering it?
I think it's actually Matt Read who was centering the line during practice. But Rusty is on his wing..sooo..lack of options?

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:47 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
The Flyers won 4 out of 6 when he played with Talbot and Rinaldo, so I can see why they're going there. He's not producing offense, so he's being put in a spot where he isn't.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:58 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
He's fine. His linemates have sucked most of the season and yes, he's struggling offensively. It's the sophmore slump that happens to basically everyone
Just out of curiosity, why is it that you feel this way about Couturier but not MPS (as we discussed in a different thread). You seemed pretty convinced that MPS does not have a high ceiling and that he is a bust, despite the fact that his rookie season he looked promising. Yet Couturier, who put up fewer points than MPS you are confident will get out of this sophomore slump. Are the 39 more games that MPS played really that telling against him? I'm not saying that Couturier won't rebound next year, I am just curious why Couturier gets the benefit of the sophomore slump but MPS does not.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:09 PM
cheesesteak

People need to let young players grow around here. They're gonna go through slumps and growing pains. I'm really not worried about him I think he'll find his offensive game. Getting Gagne has helped give him some offensive help and Read coming back gives him another good linemate on his line from Talbot/Rinaldo a couple weeks ago.

IMO Lavy is dumbass if he moved him back to the 4th. He finally has two offensively competent linemates with Gagne/Read coming back and they put him back with Talbot/Rinaldo.

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Yeah, seriously. There's a reason the NHL isn't filled with 20 year old players tearing **** up. I know some people are going to struggle mightily with the patience required, but you've gotta give the kid until he's 22-24 to really get his game together.

That he stuck in the league at 19 years old is impressive. Just wait until he matures.

03-09-2013, 12:43 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Couturier's play should probably be one of the last things we are worrying about. He isn't the first guy to follow up a stellar rookie season with a lackluster sophomore campaign.

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:20 PM
VoraceksWristShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
Couturier's play should probably be one of the last things we are worrying about. He isn't the first guy to follow up a stellar rookie season with a lackluster sophomore campaign.
27 points in 77 games is stellar...?

VoraceksWristShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:25 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolnowayhaha View Post
Shuting down some of the top players in the league at 19 is

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:42 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:
With offensive superstars Maxime Talbot and Zac Rinaldo as linemates on the fourth line, zero powerplay time, and playing a shutdown role effectively?

Yes, yes it is

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:58 PM
PropJoe

Say whatever you want but Couturier has been awful today.

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:59 PM
BillDineen

Keep him on the fourth line for now. I don't mind Read at center on the 3rd. Talbot has looked like an AHL player of late as well though.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Tripod

I am just a little worried that having him in a defensive role for too long will affect his long term offensive ability. I know last year, we were all gaga over him. Now this year, not so much. And watching a player like Huberdeau blossom...we want that for Couts. If we continue losing, do you put him in the AHL to play 1st line minutes to gain confidence? Or move him to line #2 with Simmonds and Schenn?

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:44 PM
VoraceksWristShot

Seriously I love the flyers but lol @ anyone who continues to overrate Couturier over and over I can't stand half our fanbase. Ship him out for the right piece, he's the odd man out and it's clear.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:48 PM
VoraceksWristShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
I am just a little worried that having him in a defensive role for too long will affect his long term offensive ability. I know last year, we were all gaga over him. Now this year, not so much. And watching a player like Huberdeau blossom...we want that for Couts. If we continue losing, do you put him in the AHL to play 1st line minutes to gain confidence? Or move him to line #2 with Simmonds and Schenn?
Why would you put him on the #2 line? We did that early this year and got absolutely no production out of him, as he's not that offensively skilled. He's not a second line player he's a 3rd line center... I die laughing at the guys on our board that say he's gonna be a 65-70 point shutdown center... Lol!!! He will never be a Patrice Bergeron type guy.. He doesn't have that much talent... Stop using juniors to elevate his worth, plenty of guys shredded the AHL and juniors and amounted to nothing in the NHL... Here comes the "he's only 20". Watch him play, evaluate his hockey sense and skill set and come back to me and tell me he's gonna be a 65-70 point 2 way center haha! Ya right buddy.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Roman Reigns

Quote:
Seriously I love the flyers but lol @ anyone who continues to overrate Couturier over and over I can't stand half our fanbase. Ship him out for the right piece, he's the odd man out and it's clear.
I lol at the fans like you who demand young players to be traded only to ***** and cry about it once they start to flourish and find success with other teams.

Roman Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote