HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 05:28 AM
Roxo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Missing the game but looks like Bernier crapped the bed, down 3 to 1 and he was pulled. Here comes the haters
He didn't crap it at all. Fluke redirects and defensive breakdowns. I felt really bad for the kid. Got pulled to more wake the team up.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
After this season, Bryzgalov is still owed $34.5 million on his contract. If it's an amnesty buy out, doesn't he have to get paid that in full? If so, I can't see even the Flyers paying out that much just to get rid of him. Even if they wait until next summer, which is the deadline for amnesty buy outs, it'd still be $26.5 million owed.
I believe it is still 2/3 of the remaining salary. The benefit is that the cap hit is completely gone. The Flyers have plenty of cash to buy him out.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:26 AM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxo View Post
He didn't crap it at all. Fluke redirects and defensive breakdowns. I felt really bad for the kid. Got pulled to more wake the team up.
I was able to catch the cardiac third and that's what it sounded like. Now I am thinking he has to start next game to restore his confidence. He is a great goalie. I love his calmness and composure in net.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:53 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Blame the guy who made Jack's U of Michigan videos on YouTube.
His dad???

Old
03-06-2013, 10:55 AM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
Richards has been very valuable, and already served his ultimate purpose of contributing to the Cup run.. but I think this might turn into a sensitive and recurring issue for yrs to come, both due to Schenn young age and Richards contract length. We will see.
Richards already paid off for the Kings with a historic and dominating Cup run. Because of this IMMEDIATE return on our investment (Schenn/Simmonds), there will never be a sensitive issue. Schenn may win a Cup in Philly but even then, it hardly matters as we have ours - and by the looks of things, continue to contend for years to come.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:22 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
His dad???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEsHFAyjcZM

He was too busy to make those videos...

Old
03-06-2013, 07:03 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I believe it is still 2/3 of the remaining salary. The benefit is that the cap hit is completely gone. The Flyers have plenty of cash to buy him out.
http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-do-buyouts-work

You are correct, 2/3rds. Still, that would be about $22.5 million this off-season, I just can't see Philly paying that much. Even next year, 2/3rds would be just under $17 million I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
I was able to catch the cardiac third and that's what it sounded like. Now I am thinking he has to start next game to restore his confidence. He is a great goalie. I love his calmness and composure in net.
That'd be 3 straight games our Conn Smythe, 10-year contract netminder would be sitting on the pine. He needs to get starts as well.

Old
03-06-2013, 07:12 PM
funky

Quote:
[url]http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-do-buyouts-work[/url

That'd be 3 straight games our Conn Smythe, 10-year contract netminder would be sitting on the pine. He needs to get starts as well.

That is true also. Just need Quick up to par and another team to overpay for Bernier and we will all be happy

Old
03-06-2013, 08:07 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
He has average 1.8 points over his last 8. The whole team is on a huge hot streak offensively averaging more than 4 goals in the last 9 games. With that said, Schenn has been repeatedly called out by his coach for his defensive game and has moved him from the first line, to the third, to the fourth and then he sat him a game. Now that he's hot again he's been moved up tot he second line but he was noticed having a yelling fight with his coach after a goal he was responsible for when the played NJ.

He's selling out to score goals and has sacraficed fundamental hockey. Whatsmore, he's had a few spats with his coach and Hartnell. he's not the kind of guy I want on my team.
When did this happen? I haven't been following the Flyers as closely as usual but hadn't heard of this.

Old
03-06-2013, 09:15 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Blame the guy who made Jack's U of Michigan videos on YouTube.
Blame the guy that taught Jack how to play Rover at Michigan. Oh wait, that isn't an actual position in the NHL.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:39 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
When did this happen? I haven't been following the Flyers as closely as usual but hadn't heard of this.
I've mentioned it immediately every time it's happened. He had a yelling match with his coach last week against NJ and has had two run ins with Hartnell on the ice. The last being the last game.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:51 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
I've mentioned it immediately every time it's happened. He had a yelling match with his coach last week against NJ and has had two run ins with Hartnell on the ice. The last being the last game.
Anyone have any video of this? I can't find it on Youtube.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:38 PM
no name

Quote:
Anyone have any video of this? I can't find it on Youtube.
I'm not sure about youtube Gord Stellick (i think that is his name and bernie) on the Extra Point were covering the argument pretty closely after the NJ game.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:13 AM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKingFan View Post
Richards already paid off for the Kings with a historic and dominating Cup run. Because of this IMMEDIATE return on our investment (Schenn/Simmonds), there will never be a sensitive issue. Schenn may win a Cup in Philly but even then, it hardly matters as we have ours - and by the looks of things, continue to contend for years to come.
Exactly. It doesn't even matter anymore what Schenn does. The Kings won the Cup in such a fashion that it won't ever be forgotten. It's also looking like Schenn is strictly a one-way player and doesn't bring anything in the form of leadership and intangibles that Richards does. Kings get Richards and Carter, win Cup. Flyers get Schenn and a bunch of other talented offense players in return, get worse. Also, I don't think most Dallas fans lament trading Iginla for Nieuwendyk. A Cup in the hand is worth 2 in your dreams.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:45 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Interesting. I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this on the Flyers' board. I haven't been impressed with Schenn this season, Simmonds and Voracek have been great but Schenn and Couturier have regressed.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:25 AM
NYR Viper

So the Rangers have had a scout following the Kings around for over a week. I know the Kings were interested in Gaborik a few years ago, and it was rumored to be the case the past couple of seasons as well. Would Brown be available for Gaborik?

And if it is not a blockbuster, any idea who they may be looking at?

I know the Rangers have been looking for a Prust replacement and Clifford is in that mold (although I know he is highly valued by the Kings).

Old
03-08-2013, 09:51 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
So the Rangers have had a scout following the Kings around for over a week. I know the Kings were interested in Gaborik a few years ago, and it was rumored to be the case the past couple of seasons as well. Would Brown be available for Gaborik?

I know the Rangers have been looking for a Prust replacement and Clifford is in that mold (although I know he is highly valued by the Kings).
Brown wouldn't be available, too valuable to the team. Not knocking Gabby or anything but it would take allot for us to move Brown and while Gabby is great I think there would have to be other considerations involved.

I like Clifford more than Prust and I really liked Prust's game. I don't know, I can't see us dealing either of Brown or Clifford with Gabby being the return piece. I have heard that there are a few scouts looking at Clifford and Stoll but I don't know with any certainty if those are the guys you guys are looking at.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:53 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:

I don't see a fit between both teams, tbh. Brown isn't going anywhere, he just brought his team to the promise land after 45+ years of frustration. Gaborik isn't a fit either, **** contract and we don't have room for a soft winger. Brown is on the biggest bargain deal in the NHL right now, no way he gets dealt.

Kings need a shutdown Dman and have Bernier available. Rangers don't need a goalie so I don't really a fit.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:00 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Brown wouldn't be available, too valuable to the team. Not knocking Gabby or anything but it would take allot for us to move Brown and while Gabby is great I think there would have to be other considerations involved.

I like Clifford more than Prust and I really liked Prust's game. I don't know, I can't see us dealing either of Brown or Clifford with Gabby being the return piece. I have heard that there are a few scouts looking at Clifford and Stoll but I don't know with any certainty if those are the guys you guys are looking at.
Alright thanks for the insight! Stoll would make sense but he seems a bit overpaid to be a 3rd line center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I don't see a fit between both teams, tbh. Brown isn't going anywhere, he just brought his team to the promise land after 45+ years of frustration. Gaborik isn't a fit either, **** contract and we don't have room for a soft winger. Brown is on the biggest bargain deal in the NHL right now, no way he gets dealt.

Kings need a shutdown Dman and have Bernier available. Rangers don't need a goalie so I don't really a fit.
Alright, just throwing it out there. I am pretty sure Lombardi offered a similar contract for 4 years back when Gaborik was a UFA. He was afraid of the injuries so we all know he covets Marian.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:03 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Stoll is a bit over paid for what he brings to the table.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:18 AM
KingCanadain1976

There was a gabrick thread in the summer that We had it sorta settled between me and the ranger poster Not saying the other kings fans would. At the time i offered williams alec martinez and king for gaby a 3rd With the provision the hickey or muzzin prove themselves nhl worthy. The deal was proposed for the summer. As im not sure id still do this deal as i seen alec value go up as hes proved he can play 2nd pairing mins.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:22 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:

Rangers want to dump Gaborik, and you think LA will trade their heart and soul captain for him?

Old
03-08-2013, 11:24 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
There was a gabrick thread in the summer that We had it sorta settled between me and the ranger poster Not saying the other kings fans would. At the time i offered williams alec martinez and king for gaby a 3rd With the provision the hickey or muzzin prove themselves nhl worthy. The deal was proposed for the summer. As im not sure id still do this deal as i seen alec value go up as hes proved he can play 2nd pairing mins.
Overpayment. I would trade Clifford for Gaborik, but nothing more.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:30 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Overpayment. I would trade Clifford for Gaborik, but nothing more.
I agree with you as for overpayment part.Now this was before alec shown his 2nd pairig ability. I think gabby and williams are close i would add king but id also like another lw prospect back instead of the 3rd.

I disagree on tradeing clifford at all As i see him as a 2nd line at worse 3rd pairing next couple years when hes done filling out and as someone here called finds his man strength he will be unstopable.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Well, if Gaborik were available I would take it seriously, but it would be a very hard trade to make both asset and cap wise for the Kings.

The Rangers will want a premium price, a like package to what they paid for Rick Nash, and that would not really be in the Kings' best interest right now.

We'd also have to get rid of salary to keep him. Williams would likely have to go. I would never trade Brown in such a deal.

I always liked Gaborik, and felt it was a mistake that Lombardi didn't match the Rangers or offer him a multi-year deal off the bat. I can't really see a way a trade could be made, as the assets we would want to deal wouldn't be assets the Rangers need, but it would be nice to have another goal scorer of that caliber on the team.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Closed Thread