HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 08:51 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He played there in his junior days and had success
Yea I just thought he'd do it after retirement. Pretty cool.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:31 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
A goal and 2 assists (+3) for Vail tonight, while playing C in a 6-4 win.

He's a bad pick because he's not a Québécois though.
Poor lad must be pretty happy to be back up front

Old
03-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
A goal and 2 assists (+3) for Vail tonight, while playing C in a 6-4 win.

He's a bad pick because he's not a Québécois though.
I liked our 7th rounder last year. Probably more than I ever did with Timmins. Yet....I would have appreciated that we'd look in the Q and get Sven Andrighetto. I know...another small player but oh so talented.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:12 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I liked our 7th rounder last year. Probably more than I ever did with Timmins. Yet....I would have appreciated that we'd look in the Q and get Sven Andrighetto. I know...another small player but oh so talented.
He's still available WS

Old
03-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Wonder if the Habs will be agressive in this area?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...gent-time.html

Old
03-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

Good read but sure is dissappointing to see all these guys attend other training camps but none with habs. Hopefully things change now with MB in charge. Wondering if one of the goalies would sign here to create some depth?

Not many of these college FA make much impact lately. I remember when Burkie was signing everyone of them for the TML ...only Bozak panned out. But I would take a chance on those first two dmen

Old
03-08-2013, 10:19 AM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:

Gotta get Ryan Walters just for continuity!

Old
03-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

I hope we are...and we're suppose to be with all the effort we put in the US.

I still remain positive, as I was in his draft year, that despite the size, Nate Schmidt is a REALLY interesting prospect. And I always loved to see Drew Leblanc play. And Greg Carey is really a spectacular player to see. Like Kyle Flanagan from St.Cloud as well though really small....

I haven't seen Eric Hartzell personnally, but those stats and how he seemed to improve...at 6'4'' needless to say I would add a goalie in our system.

There are other names in there I didn't focus in, a lot of big boys for sure up front and on D.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Good read but sure is dissappointing to see all these guys attend other training camps but none with habs. Hopefully things change now with MB in charge. Wondering if one of the goalies would sign here to create some depth?

Not many of these college FA make much impact lately. I remember when Burkie was signing everyone of them for the TML ...only Bozak panned out. But I would take a chance on those first two dmen
Them going to a team's camp doesn't guarantee they'll sign there. Bottom line, college FA's like Euro FA's and NHL FA's are another source of talent that the Habs should be right on top of. Some have signed with a lot of hype and did little(Butler Dacosta) but other have had strong NHL careers so you have to put in the time and effort. Laganiere might be a good fit.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Them going to a team's camp doesn't guarantee they'll sign there. Bottom line, college FA's like Euro FA's and NHL FA's are another source of talent that the Habs should be right on top of. Some have signed with a lot of hype and did little(Butler Dacosta) but other have had strong NHL careers so you have to put in the time and effort. Laganiere might be a good fit.
No it doesn't guarantee they sign there but it shows a bit of managements thinking....Gauthier was way behind the times in scouting etc...giving away 2nd round picks like apple pie at a fair...lol...he was always slow reacting to trends.

If he could sign one or two , it would help with the depth in the system...Hamilton is pretty bad .. and a bonus if they can crack the NHL lineup.

I can't remember a draft/college FA with so much size especially on D . So many over 6'5 and 225lbs

Old
03-08-2013, 12:23 PM
gusfring

Quote:

Highly doubt it. "Top" guys never get signed here.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Treb

Quote:

I still remain positive, as I was in his draft year, that despite the size, Nate Schmidt is a REALLY interesting prospect. And I always loved to see Drew Leblanc play. And Greg Carey is really a spectacular player to see. Like Kyle Flanagan from St.Cloud as well though really small....

I haven't seen Eric Hartzell personnally, but those stats and how he seemed to improve...at 6'4'' needless to say I would add a goalie in our system.

There are other names in there I didn't focus in, a lot of big boys for sure up front and on D.
Any opinion on Laganière? Signing a hometown boy is always good PR.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

I haven't heard anything among the NCAA contacts I have in regards to the Habs interest but that doesn't mean anything. But on the other hand, the Habs already have a problem in regards to having way too many D's that are going to need ice time next season in Hamilton.

But I really hope they are looking at some of the goalies, as many can still return to the NCAA next year so even if they don't end up signing one this summer hopefully they land a good one the following summer.

Quote:

I wanted the Habs to draft Leblanc in the 7th round, sick vision and solid frame. I wouldn't have much interest in Schmidt since we are loaded with D's and looks like we may struggle to find them all ice time. Hartzell it sounds like he's going to philly from what i've heard. I really, really hope the Habs are keeping tabs on some of Didier's teammates especially Juho Olkinuora who beat out the panthers Sam Brittain as the starter. Although if the Habs can't land a FA goalie prospect this summer then maybe the panthers will trade Brittain on the cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Highly doubt it. "Top" guys never get signed here.
Yan Danis was a finalist for the Hobey Baker, was considered the top goalie at the time he was signed the Habs tried to get him the previous year but Savard wasn't able to pull it off as Danis wanted to return to Brown for his Senior year. Brock Trotter was a standout player at Denver at the time he was signed as well and had several teams interested in him.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
No it doesn't guarantee they sign there but it shows a bit of managements thinking....Gauthier was way behind the times in scouting etc...giving away 2nd round picks like apple pie at a fair...lol...he was always slow reacting to trends.

If he could sign one or two , it would help with the depth in the system...Hamilton is pretty bad .. and a bonus if they can crack the NHL lineup.

I can't remember a draft/college FA with so much size especially on D . So many over 6'5 and 225lbs
Gauthier left Bergevin with 3 EXTRA 2nd rounders. You're the one "way behind the times". Gainey traded away a few of them though. Wisniewski is the only PG one and he was well worth it and got a 5th back for it.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Gauthier left Bergevin with 3 EXTRA 2nd rounders. You're the one "way behind the times". Gainey traded away a few of them though. Wisniewski is the only PG one and he was well worth it and got a 5th back for it.
Gauthier only left MB with 2 extra 2nd rounders! But it was either him or Gainey that traded away picks for Lang/Moore etc...

Old
03-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Gainey traded one for Lang but Gauthier traded two for Moore and Wizniewski.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Gauthier only left MB with 2 extra 2nd rounders! But it was either him or Gainey that traded away picks for Lang/Moore etc...
Gauthier got extra 2nds for Kostitsyn Cammalleri and Gill.

Gainey traded for Lang.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Any opinion on Laganière? Signing a hometown boy is always good PR.
To be honest....I haven't seen him play that much. So I'm not going to give an opinion on a guy I might have seen play once. Based on stats....always a red flag to see a guy having having either similar stats or even less stats as a senior which he ends up having. Though 2 things could be the reasons why....a weaker team this time around. Or changing his role, trying to make him more responsible defensively and all. But you would have to rely to Montreal for that. He probably saw him play more often than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I wanted the Habs to draft Leblanc in the 7th round, sick vision and solid frame. I wouldn't have much interest in Schmidt since we are loaded with D's and looks like we may struggle to find them all ice time. Hartzell it sounds like he's going to philly from what i've heard. I really, really hope the Habs are keeping tabs on some of Didier's teammates especially Juho Olkinuora who beat out the panthers Sam Brittain as the starter. Although if the Habs can't land a FA goalie prospect this summer then maybe the panthers will trade Brittain on the cheap.
Well, the Habs might want to start considering doing their own versinos of Neal for Goligoski. We need forwards...we have D's. Mind you, I'm not all set on everybody's ceiling, so while we have to find spots for them to play now, the idea is to get somebody to play for the future. I would have no problem signing Schmidt and send him in the ECHL. As he probably going to end anyway next year. As far as the other goalies in the NCAA, I,ll leave it up to you...haven't concentrated that much in the NCAA this year.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:45 PM
dcal64

Quote:
You are forgetting that we also lost this year's 4th for Wiz.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
You are forgetting that we also lost this year's 4th for Wiz.
No we didn't.

On December 28, 2010, he was traded to the Montreal Canadiens for second-round pick in the 2011 draft and conditional 5th round pick in the 2012 draft.[6] He scored seven goals to go with 23 assists in 43 games with the Canadiens, as well as two assists in six playoff games.

We got a 5th from CBJ by trading his rights.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:56 PM
dcal64

Quote:
No we didn't.

On December 28, 2010, he was traded to the Montreal Canadiens for second-round pick in the 2011 draft and conditional 5th round pick in the 2012 draft.[6] He scored seven goals to go with 23 assists in 43 games with the Canadiens, as well as two assists in six playoff games.

We got a 5th from CBJ by trading his rights.
Yes, but we didn't have our 5th last year, so NYI gets our 4th this year.

see below:

http://prosportstransactions.com/hoc...Years/2013.htm

Old
03-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Goal and 2 assists for Hudon already. Goal #30.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

I would love to see the Habs take a good look at Troy Grosenick, goalie for Union. A lot of that is because he was my goaltending rival when we were kids, but he's also developed into quite a good goaltender with size and smarts (which I think is good for any player).

Old
03-08-2013, 07:42 PM
EveryDay

Another Goal for Dietz!!!!

Old
03-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Thrower isn't playing...

Archambault with #30. Hudon added an assist.

Closed Thread