HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2013, 08:51 PM
  #126
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He played there in his junior days and had success
Yea I just thought he'd do it after retirement. Pretty cool.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:31 PM
  #127
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
A goal and 2 assists (+3) for Vail tonight, while playing C in a 6-4 win.

He's a bad pick because he's not a Québécois though.
Poor lad must be pretty happy to be back up front

QuebecPride is online now  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:55 PM
  #128
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
A goal and 2 assists (+3) for Vail tonight, while playing C in a 6-4 win.

He's a bad pick because he's not a Québécois though.
I liked our 7th rounder last year. Probably more than I ever did with Timmins. Yet....I would have appreciated that we'd look in the Q and get Sven Andrighetto. I know...another small player but oh so talented.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 10:12 PM
  #129
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I liked our 7th rounder last year. Probably more than I ever did with Timmins. Yet....I would have appreciated that we'd look in the Q and get Sven Andrighetto. I know...another small player but oh so talented.
He's still available WS

QuebecPride is online now  
Old
03-08-2013, 07:31 AM
  #130
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Wonder if the Habs will be agressive in this area?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...gent-time.html

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:16 AM
  #131
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Wonder if the Habs will be agressive in this area?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...gent-time.html
Good read but sure is dissappointing to see all these guys attend other training camps but none with habs. Hopefully things change now with MB in charge. Wondering if one of the goalies would sign here to create some depth?

Not many of these college FA make much impact lately. I remember when Burkie was signing everyone of them for the TML ...only Bozak panned out. But I would take a chance on those first two dmen

Nitehowl is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:19 AM
  #132
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Wonder if the Habs will be agressive in this area?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...gent-time.html
Gotta get Ryan Walters just for continuity!

TinordiandSubban is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:23 AM
  #133
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Wonder if the Habs will be agressive in this area?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...gent-time.html
I hope we are...and we're suppose to be with all the effort we put in the US.

I still remain positive, as I was in his draft year, that despite the size, Nate Schmidt is a REALLY interesting prospect. And I always loved to see Drew Leblanc play. And Greg Carey is really a spectacular player to see. Like Kyle Flanagan from St.Cloud as well though really small....

I haven't seen Eric Hartzell personnally, but those stats and how he seemed to improve...at 6'4'' needless to say I would add a goalie in our system.

There are other names in there I didn't focus in, a lot of big boys for sure up front and on D.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 11:01 AM
  #134
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Good read but sure is dissappointing to see all these guys attend other training camps but none with habs. Hopefully things change now with MB in charge. Wondering if one of the goalies would sign here to create some depth?

Not many of these college FA make much impact lately. I remember when Burkie was signing everyone of them for the TML ...only Bozak panned out. But I would take a chance on those first two dmen
Them going to a team's camp doesn't guarantee they'll sign there. Bottom line, college FA's like Euro FA's and NHL FA's are another source of talent that the Habs should be right on top of. Some have signed with a lot of hype and did little(Butler Dacosta) but other have had strong NHL careers so you have to put in the time and effort. Laganiere might be a good fit.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 12:11 PM
  #135
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Them going to a team's camp doesn't guarantee they'll sign there. Bottom line, college FA's like Euro FA's and NHL FA's are another source of talent that the Habs should be right on top of. Some have signed with a lot of hype and did little(Butler Dacosta) but other have had strong NHL careers so you have to put in the time and effort. Laganiere might be a good fit.
No it doesn't guarantee they sign there but it shows a bit of managements thinking....Gauthier was way behind the times in scouting etc...giving away 2nd round picks like apple pie at a fair...lol...he was always slow reacting to trends.

If he could sign one or two , it would help with the depth in the system...Hamilton is pretty bad .. and a bonus if they can crack the NHL lineup.

I can't remember a draft/college FA with so much size especially on D . So many over 6'5 and 225lbs

Nitehowl is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 12:23 PM
  #136
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Wonder if the Habs will be agressive in this area?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...gent-time.html
Highly doubt it. "Top" guys never get signed here.

gusfring is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 12:25 PM
  #137
Treb
Registered User
 
Treb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I hope we are...and we're suppose to be with all the effort we put in the US.

I still remain positive, as I was in his draft year, that despite the size, Nate Schmidt is a REALLY interesting prospect. And I always loved to see Drew Leblanc play. And Greg Carey is really a spectacular player to see. Like Kyle Flanagan from St.Cloud as well though really small....

I haven't seen Eric Hartzell personnally, but those stats and how he seemed to improve...at 6'4'' needless to say I would add a goalie in our system.

There are other names in there I didn't focus in, a lot of big boys for sure up front and on D.
Any opinion on Laganière? Signing a hometown boy is always good PR.

Treb is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 01:15 PM
  #138
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Wonder if the Habs will be agressive in this area?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...gent-time.html
I haven't heard anything among the NCAA contacts I have in regards to the Habs interest but that doesn't mean anything. But on the other hand, the Habs already have a problem in regards to having way too many D's that are going to need ice time next season in Hamilton.

But I really hope they are looking at some of the goalies, as many can still return to the NCAA next year so even if they don't end up signing one this summer hopefully they land a good one the following summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I hope we are...and we're suppose to be with all the effort we put in the US.

I still remain positive, as I was in his draft year, that despite the size, Nate Schmidt is a REALLY interesting prospect. And I always loved to see Drew Leblanc play. And Greg Carey is really a spectacular player to see. Like Kyle Flanagan from St.Cloud as well though really small....

I haven't seen Eric Hartzell personnally, but those stats and how he seemed to improve...at 6'4'' needless to say I would add a goalie in our system.

There are other names in there I didn't focus in, a lot of big boys for sure up front and on D.
I wanted the Habs to draft Leblanc in the 7th round, sick vision and solid frame. I wouldn't have much interest in Schmidt since we are loaded with D's and looks like we may struggle to find them all ice time. Hartzell it sounds like he's going to philly from what i've heard. I really, really hope the Habs are keeping tabs on some of Didier's teammates especially Juho Olkinuora who beat out the panthers Sam Brittain as the starter. Although if the Habs can't land a FA goalie prospect this summer then maybe the panthers will trade Brittain on the cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Highly doubt it. "Top" guys never get signed here.
Yan Danis was a finalist for the Hobey Baker, was considered the top goalie at the time he was signed the Habs tried to get him the previous year but Savard wasn't able to pull it off as Danis wanted to return to Brown for his Senior year. Brock Trotter was a standout player at Denver at the time he was signed as well and had several teams interested in him.

montreal is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 01:17 PM
  #139
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
No it doesn't guarantee they sign there but it shows a bit of managements thinking....Gauthier was way behind the times in scouting etc...giving away 2nd round picks like apple pie at a fair...lol...he was always slow reacting to trends.

If he could sign one or two , it would help with the depth in the system...Hamilton is pretty bad .. and a bonus if they can crack the NHL lineup.

I can't remember a draft/college FA with so much size especially on D . So many over 6'5 and 225lbs
Gauthier left Bergevin with 3 EXTRA 2nd rounders. You're the one "way behind the times". Gainey traded away a few of them though. Wisniewski is the only PG one and he was well worth it and got a 5th back for it.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 01:43 PM
  #140
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Gauthier left Bergevin with 3 EXTRA 2nd rounders. You're the one "way behind the times". Gainey traded away a few of them though. Wisniewski is the only PG one and he was well worth it and got a 5th back for it.
Gauthier only left MB with 2 extra 2nd rounders! But it was either him or Gainey that traded away picks for Lang/Moore etc...

Nitehowl is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 01:51 PM
  #141
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,421
vCash: 500
Gainey traded one for Lang but Gauthier traded two for Moore and Wizniewski.

Chris Cutter is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:14 PM
  #142
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Gauthier only left MB with 2 extra 2nd rounders! But it was either him or Gainey that traded away picks for Lang/Moore etc...
Gauthier got extra 2nds for Kostitsyn Cammalleri and Gill.

Gainey traded for Lang.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:17 PM
  #143
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Any opinion on Laganière? Signing a hometown boy is always good PR.
To be honest....I haven't seen him play that much. So I'm not going to give an opinion on a guy I might have seen play once. Based on stats....always a red flag to see a guy having having either similar stats or even less stats as a senior which he ends up having. Though 2 things could be the reasons why....a weaker team this time around. Or changing his role, trying to make him more responsible defensively and all. But you would have to rely to Montreal for that. He probably saw him play more often than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I wanted the Habs to draft Leblanc in the 7th round, sick vision and solid frame. I wouldn't have much interest in Schmidt since we are loaded with D's and looks like we may struggle to find them all ice time. Hartzell it sounds like he's going to philly from what i've heard. I really, really hope the Habs are keeping tabs on some of Didier's teammates especially Juho Olkinuora who beat out the panthers Sam Brittain as the starter. Although if the Habs can't land a FA goalie prospect this summer then maybe the panthers will trade Brittain on the cheap.
Well, the Habs might want to start considering doing their own versinos of Neal for Goligoski. We need forwards...we have D's. Mind you, I'm not all set on everybody's ceiling, so while we have to find spots for them to play now, the idea is to get somebody to play for the future. I would have no problem signing Schmidt and send him in the ECHL. As he probably going to end anyway next year. As far as the other goalies in the NCAA, I,ll leave it up to you...haven't concentrated that much in the NCAA this year.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:45 PM
  #144
dcal64
Registered User
 
dcal64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Gauthier left Bergevin with 3 EXTRA 2nd rounders. You're the one "way behind the times". Gainey traded away a few of them though. Wisniewski is the only PG one and he was well worth it and got a 5th back for it.
You are forgetting that we also lost this year's 4th for Wiz.

dcal64 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:50 PM
  #145
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
You are forgetting that we also lost this year's 4th for Wiz.
No we didn't.

On December 28, 2010, he was traded to the Montreal Canadiens for second-round pick in the 2011 draft and conditional 5th round pick in the 2012 draft.[6] He scored seven goals to go with 23 assists in 43 games with the Canadiens, as well as two assists in six playoff games.

We got a 5th from CBJ by trading his rights.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:56 PM
  #146
dcal64
Registered User
 
dcal64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
No we didn't.

On December 28, 2010, he was traded to the Montreal Canadiens for second-round pick in the 2011 draft and conditional 5th round pick in the 2012 draft.[6] He scored seven goals to go with 23 assists in 43 games with the Canadiens, as well as two assists in six playoff games.

We got a 5th from CBJ by trading his rights.
Yes, but we didn't have our 5th last year, so NYI gets our 4th this year.

see below:

http://prosportstransactions.com/hoc...Years/2013.htm

dcal64 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 06:43 PM
  #147
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,570
vCash: 597
Goal and 2 assists for Hudon already. Goal #30.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-08-2013, 07:10 PM
  #148
Ayatollah Chowmeini
Registered User
 
Ayatollah Chowmeini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MTL/MKE
Country: United States
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
I would love to see the Habs take a good look at Troy Grosenick, goalie for Union. A lot of that is because he was my goaltending rival when we were kids, but he's also developed into quite a good goaltender with size and smarts (which I think is good for any player).

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 07:42 PM
  #149
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,346
vCash: 500
Another Goal for Dietz!!!!

EveryDay is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 08:23 PM
  #150
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,570
vCash: 597
Thrower isn't playing...

Archambault with #30. Hudon added an assist.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.