HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What must Edmonton do

Old
03-08-2013, 04:39 AM
Iggy-4-50

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravi83Oil View Post
Seth Jones this year, Ekblad next year, and McDavid the year after and we will be done!

Paajarvi-Nuge-Yakupov
Hall-McDavid-Eberle
whocares-whocares-whocares
whocares-whocares-whocares

Jones-Ekblad
Klefbom-Schultz
Whocares-whocares

Dubnyk
Whocares
This is why Edmonton still sucks after three #1 overall picks.your dumb dumb president and his GM on a string have no clur on what a "team" really means...hope they can keep it up.

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:46 AM
Ice Whole

Fire Lowe and Tambo. Fire MacT and Krueger while you're at it and hire Burke and Ruff. This team will then start making some noise.

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:55 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

In short?

Use the next first overall on a defenseman, and number 31 on a goaltender.

Trying to build the 1987 Oilers isn't going to work.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:10 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
This is why Edmonton still sucks after three #1 overall picks.your dumb dumb president and his GM on a string have no clur on what a "team" really means...hope they can keep it up.
Problem with this is the kids we have now will demand a trade if we can not get our **** together . So we will be stick in rebuild forever

supert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:13 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Whole View Post
Fire Lowe and Tambo. Fire MacT and Krueger while you're at it and hire Burke and Ruff. This team will then start making some noise.
This Looks good . Need a GM who does not give a **** what fans or media things . A Gm who will Trade one of the kids to improve us . I hate Oiler fans that say do not trade one of the Kids . I guess we keep losing until the demands a trade and get less for them

Old
03-08-2013, 08:15 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
It looks to me like the main issue at hand is Tambellini. You can only look like a good GM by picking 1st overall for so long.

If Tambellini intended on being a playoff contender this year he should've added depth to this team.
Please i do not want to look at that ass smiling face when we win the draft lottery . Like look at me i done something , it great to be a gm . **** Tamblowe .

Old
03-08-2013, 09:55 AM
KlimasLoveChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
Tank the season. Fire Tambi and KLowe for starters.

Hope for the #1 pick and take Jones.
Trade RNH+ for the #2 overall pick, take MacKinnon.
Trade Eberle+ or Yakupov+ for the #3 overall pick, take Barkov.
Engage in serious trade talks with LA for Bernier.
Put together a package for Weber.

Centre position will be filled for the next 15yrs

Will definitely shakeup the team's core for the new GM and he can say it's his team not somone's team.

Hall Barkov Eberle/Yakupov (Size: check)
MP MacKinnon ??? (Size: check)

Weber Jones (Massive nasty first pairing dmen that can move the damm puck and punish)
Klefbom J. Schultz (Again 2 big bodies and both can move the damm puck that can punish)
Musil Bigos (3rd pairing is another big mean nasty pairing)

Bernier

Trade Hemsky and Gagner's for some bottom 6 players can hit and fight. Maybe talk to Pittsburg regarding Morrow, Despres, Bennett, Harrington, and etc... I prefer Bennett for the 2RW.

Holy you have no clue!!! I thought the first part of the post was ridiculous till I kept reading. This would be the worst team they have ever iced and thats saying something.

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:51 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
This off season when Nashville can trade Weber, make an offer they can't refuse.

Yakupov
Klefbom
1st 2014

For

Weber

Pickup another veteran defenceman on the outs with a team, but has shown to be good player in past and not to old, for cheap e.g. Keith Ballard

2nd

For

Ballard

Try to sign physical UFA with top 6 upside. Maybe overpay a bit but might be worth it to add the versatility to lineup.

Ryan Clowe
Or
Nathan Horton

Forwards

Hall - Hopkins - Eberle
Clowe - Gagner - Hemsky
Hartikainen - Horcoff/Lander - Jones
Eager - Belanger - Brown

Defence

Ballard - Weber
Shultz - Shultz
Smid - Petry

Ballard is not being utilized well in Vancouver but is a puck mover and with a rock like Weber maybe you can bring out what he played like in Phoenix and Florida.

Play Horcoff or buy him out and replace with Lander.

Oh and to add icing to the cake you got your top 10 draft prospect from 2013 to groom for future. Who knows maybe even top 5 and ready to contribute right away. Paajarvi could be traded for a very solid 3rd line solid shutdown guy to bolster the overall defensive play of team, Tambellini can figure that one out I can't do all his god dam work!

Pretty sure Oilers make playoffs with that lineup. If not then Oilers are really screwed!
That's not an offer we can't refuse. Do you think Poile would want Yakupov after the Radulov debacle? No. Want Weber? Start with Hall or Eberle.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:55 AM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
Get rid of their incompetent GM.
Maybe they should wait on that one.

ManInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
That's not an offer we can't refuse. Do you think Poile would want Yakupov after the Radulov debacle? No. Want Weber? Start with Hall or Eberle.
Done!

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

I'll take a new president, Burke (GM) and Ruff (Coach) right now...

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
Tambellini should be fired if the Oilers finish bottom 5...heck he should have been fired last year.

Are the Oiler fans going to have another draft "party" after the team shows no improvement for 4 straight years?

I think the Oilers deserve a better GM, a better coach and a better management overall.

Someone who can bring accountability to the Oilers on all fronts.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Lessy

There might be a couple of top tier defencemen available this summer that would really suit the Oilers needs. Obviously they wouldn't come cheap and would absolutely cost one of the big four up front but it's time for the Oilers to consider such a move.

OEL/Yandle: OEL is an RFA this summer and is going at a Norris pace right now. He could demand Karlsson money or garner an offer sheet north of 7M/year. A team run by the league with an internal budget might not be able to afford both if they can get a nice return; especially a team with some glaring needs up front in terms of scoring.

Letang: I know he's a big piece of the puzzle in Pittsburgh but it seems like he's struggled a bit this year and he's unrestricted after next summer. This would obviously be dependent on the Oilers signing him to an extension as well. Malkin's contract is also up that summer and while it might be a longshot I don't think it'd be wildly out of the realm of possibility. A player like Yakupov would be unreal next to Crosby.

Weber: I think he's a wild longshot but you never know. If Nashville continues to struggle and like Phoenix, Nashville has very little in terms of offensively talented forwards. I'm thinking the return would have to be enormous for this to happen though.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Eskie Jetski

Hop into a time machine back into 1979 and draft someone other than Kevin Lowe with the #21 pick

Eskie Jetski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
There might be a couple of top tier defencemen available this summer that would really suit the Oilers needs. Obviously they wouldn't come cheap and would absolutely cost one of the big four up front but it's time for the Oilers to consider such a move.

OEL/Yandle: OEL is an RFA this summer and is going at a Norris pace right now. He could demand Karlsson money or garner an offer sheet north of 7M/year. A team run by the league with an internal budget might not be able to afford both if they can get a nice return; especially a team with some glaring needs up front in terms of scoring.

Letang: I know he's a big piece of the puzzle in Pittsburgh but it seems like he's struggled a bit this year and he's unrestricted after next summer. This would obviously be dependent on the Oilers signing him to an extension as well. Malkin's contract is also up that summer and while it might be a longshot I don't think it'd be wildly out of the realm of possibility. A player like Yakupov would be unreal next to Crosby.

Weber: I think he's a wild longshot but you never know. If Nashville continues to struggle and like Phoenix, Nashville has very little in terms of offensively talented forwards. I'm thinking the return would have to be enormous for this to happen though.
It would be a very longshot. Shero has made it clear that his priority is signing Malkin & Letang before they get to free agency. They are part of the core here. They have enough talent in the pipeline to round out the D with young guys over the next few years when some of the bigger contracts expire so cap issues are unlikely. Depending on who pans out or gets traded Despres/Morrow/Pouliot/Harrington/etc. might make Letang redundant in a few years but it won't be next season.

Even if Shero did decide to move Letang I don't think he would do Letang for Yakupov. I think it would be more Eberle or Hall.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Tambellini should be fired if the Oilers finish bottom 5...heck he should have been fired last year.

Are the Oiler fans going to have another draft "party" after the team shows no improvement for 4 straight years?

I think the Oilers deserve a better GM, a better coach and a better management overall.

Someone who can bring accountability to the Oilers on all fronts.
I hope not... Its pretty pathetic right now.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:31 AM
sully1410

vCash: 50
I think the oilers need to trade Yakupov. I said it all last season that they should have traded the pick to get some D help and some depth at forward.

They need to build that third line around MPS and find him two wingers with some chemistry. I don't know who you have in the cupboards, acquiring two guys who can chip in offensively is a must.

I'd like to see the oilers get a guy like Carl Gunnarson or Big Ron Hainsey to play with Klefbom on the second pairing.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
If you want Weber we better be talking a devastating trade. If we are trading Weber you should ask yourself, will we regret this deal? And if the answer is yes then we probably have a deal. A defenseman who can play 20-25 min. without looking like dog crap is essential, no d-man, no weber.

Would you regret a Weber for two of yak/hall/Eberle/rnh + one of Justin Schultz/Smid/Petry + probably some picks

OR

One of the big four +two of your d-men+ picks/roster players?

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:55 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
If you want Weber we better be talking a devastating trade. If we are trading Weber you should ask yourself, will we regret this deal? And if the answer is yes then we probably have a deal. A defenseman who can play 20-25 min. without looking like dog crap is essential, no d-man, no weber.

Would you regret a Weber for two of yak/hall/Eberle/rnh + one of Justin Schultz/Smid/Petry + probably some picks

OR

One of the big four +two of your d-men+ picks/roster players?
Weber is signed longterm now. When it was looking like Weber may want to leave when he was an RFA last summer, his trade cost would have been lower IMO. Something like one of the big 4 + Klefbom + pick.

Right now though? I don't think the above is unrealistic. We're talking about a guy who is a ~top 3 dman in the world, and by many considered to be the best dman in the world. He does it all. He's great defensively, he's physical, he has a good shot, he can play in all situations and play very effectively in all situations.

IMO, for Edm to get somebody like Weber, we're talking RNH + Hall + Schultz, as absurd as that sounds. Weber in terms of value to a team is just a notch below a guy like Crosby, and there are people out there who would argue he has equal value (aka those that value building around a Dman over a Centre).

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:30 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
I'll take a new president, Burke (GM) and Ruff (Coach) right now...
I would like this too . I have never been a Burke fan , but he never had the picks we had in TO and he done a great job . I think he could finish up our rebuild in a hurry . Ruff was always good , also another good one would be Ted Nolan . I can not understand why He is not coaching in the NHL

Old
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
In short?

Use the next first overall on a defenseman, and number 31 on a goaltender.

Trying to build the 1987 Oilers isn't going to work.
This past draft they used their 32nd overall pick on an over ager goon. Obviously someone doesn't have a clue on what they're doing. It's a risk and it's not working out yet.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
This Looks good . Need a GM who does not give a **** what fans or media things . A Gm who will Trade one of the kids to improve us . I hate Oiler fans that say do not trade one of the Kids . I guess we keep losing until the demands a trade and get less for them
That will never exist in the country club that is the Oilers.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Hire Brian Burke.

OR

Trade everyone (and I mean everyone) for as many high 1st round picks as you can garner, sign journeymen to fill important positions, wait 15 years or until the next super-deep draft, rinse and repeat.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:31 PM
bsmith14

Sign a big forward UFA who can play top 6 minutes.
Trade for a top 3 pmd.
Draft Barkov/Monahan/Lazar with your 1st pick, and Comrie/Jarry/Martin with your 2nd pick.

If Tambo can do this then he can stay.

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:48 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
This past draft they used their 32nd overall pick on an over ager goon. Obviously someone doesn't have a clue on what they're doing. It's a risk and it's not working out yet.
Umm... No. That's actually not true... Nice try making up facts though

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote