HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

George McPhee II

View Poll Results: Do the Caps need a new GM? Fire George, or keep George?
Fire George 80 81.63%
Keep George 18 18.37%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2013, 12:06 PM
  #101
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 17,225
vCash: 500
Can we have a Semin/Boudreau thread please? I'm not even kidding; this **** is unreadable and the forum has become more or less useless.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:12 PM
  #102
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 29,707
vCash: 500
How about we just ban Semin/Boudreau as a subject instead...might force a little "closure" on some....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:15 PM
  #103
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
The McPhee quote was about Chimera
Nope.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:27 PM
  #104
Halpysback*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
How about we just ban Semin/Boudreau as a subject instead...might force a little "closure" on some....
I guess we now all know the moniker Ted posts under

Halpysback* is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:33 PM
  #105
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Chris Bourque waived. HA!

californiacapsfan is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:46 PM
  #106
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 26,498
vCash: 2714
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
Chris Bourque waived. HA!
George is leafing through his old draft day notes...

Still Bourque's kid heh...

RandyHolt is online now  
Old
03-07-2013, 01:29 PM
  #107
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
How about we just ban Semin/Boudreau as a subject instead...might force a little "closure" on some....
Or, and I'm just spitballing here, you could just decide not to 'contribute' to these discussions...?

Millhaus is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 03:02 PM
  #108
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 29,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Or, and I'm just spitballing here, you could just decide not to 'contribute' to these discussions...?
Right after you kid.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:50 PM
  #109
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Right after you kid.
I'm not the one crying that mommy should ban them so you don't get upset...

Millhaus is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 08:48 PM
  #110
Bananas
****
 
Bananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
Hmmm....this is getting interesting.

Bananas is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:14 PM
  #111
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 29,707
vCash: 500
It's never interesting...just the normal day to day from a few. Hopefully back to hockey soon.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:21 AM
  #112
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 44,056
vCash: 500
maybe its time to give this a rest. they are on an 8 and 3 run. oates game is being played and they are winning consistantly. might be that mcphee was right on a number of accounts.

who is this guy olesky? maybe when the new wears off he wont be good but so far he is impressive.
kundratek looks like a player.
erskine might be capable of top 4 play afterall.
ribeiro looks like a brilliant move.

question. those that bash mcphee for multi year deals for middle of the lineup or lower veterans. matt hendricks?? let him walk if he wants more than a one year? or hasnt he earned a two year contract at his salary level with a bump in pay?

txpd is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 08:04 AM
  #113
g00n
Moderator
ಠ_ಠ
 
g00n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,475
vCash: 500
If they barely sneak into the playoffs, again, and crap out early, again, we will need this thread.

g00n is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 08:22 AM
  #114
Ridley Simon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
maybe its time to give this a rest. they are on an 8 and 3 run. oates game is being played and they are winning consistantly. might be that mcphee was right on a number of accounts.

who is this guy olesky? maybe when the new wears off he wont be good but so far he is impressive.
kundratek looks like a player.
erskine might be capable of top 4 play afterall.
ribeiro looks like a brilliant move.

question. those that bash mcphee for multi year deals for middle of the lineup or lower veterans. matt hendricks?? let him walk if he wants more than a one year? or hasnt he earned a two year contract at his salary level with a bump in pay?
All well and good, but the team is still 2 games under .500, halfway thru the season. Slice it how you want too, but nothing *good* has been accomplished yet. Hell, the team still isnt even in the top 8 in the East, much less in a place that should take any heat of George Bungholio McPhee.

Ridley Simon is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 08:41 AM
  #115
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
All well and good, but the team is still 2 games under .500, halfway thru the season. Slice it how you want too, but nothing *good* has been accomplished yet. Hell, the team still isnt even in the top 8 in the East, much less in a place that should take any heat of George Bungholio McPhee.
Yeah but we are trending upward.

McPhee looks like he made the right choice in Oates afterall. I forgot just how articulate Oates was and he seems to have proven me wrong about his lack of experience.

Volpatti+Oleksy shows he is learning from mistakes about our physical play level.

Seems he got the best of the Rangers with Kundratek. Kid can play.

Like how he locked up Erskine. Ribeiro looks good.

Holtby looking strong now makes GMGM not so foolish to start the season with 2 young goalies.

BobRouse is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:01 AM
  #116
Halpysback*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,927
vCash: 500
Anyone up for starting a Mafki is awesome/extend Mafki thread? I would but, you know, infractions

Halpysback* is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:17 AM
  #117
tycoonheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,655
vCash: 500
My feelings on McPhee seem to change every other week.

Just when I thought I was out, he pulls me back in.


tycoonheart is online now  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:20 AM
  #118
Ridley Simon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Yeah but we are trending upward.

McPhee looks like he made the right choice in Oates afterall. I forgot just how articulate Oates was and he seems to have proven me wrong about his lack of experience.

Volpatti+Oleksy shows he is learning from mistakes about our physical play level.

Seems he got the best of the Rangers with Kundratek. Kid can play.

Like how he locked up Erskine. Ribeiro looks good.

Holtby looking strong now makes GMGM not so foolish to start the season with 2 young goalies.
Half full, sure.

Half Empty?
Caps lack depth offensively.
Their winning streak has been against patsy's save the Bruins comeback.
Their defense is paper thin without Green
They are wasting Cap space, when they have glaring needs
They arent *that* injured, missing just Green (expected) and Laich. The NHL is masively beat up, they will get their turn too
Neuvirth is a huge problem, both in play, and attitude
MaJo has regressed terribly
Ribeiro is great, but unsigned, and Eakin is tearing it up in Dallas
Semin is tearing it up in Carolina
Boudreau is tearing it up in Anaheim

I'm sure I have missed some.

Lets just call it even. It used to be way below even, so yes...they have made strides. But good lord, stop planning the victory parades past the White House.

Ridley Simon is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:23 AM
  #119
tycoonheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,655
vCash: 500
I'm not sure we lack depth offensively. Laich and Mojo both have been out for a long time now. Brouwer was out against the Bs. They've done allright.

Same thing defensively. They haven't had Orlov all season, and Green's being Green. They're doing allright.

I don't think depth is the issue here.

tycoonheart is online now  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:30 AM
  #120
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Half full, sure.

Half Empty?
Caps lack depth offensively.
Their winning streak has been against patsy's save the Bruins comeback.
Their defense is paper thin without Green
They are wasting Cap space, when they have glaring needs
They arent *that* injured, missing just Green (expected) and Laich. The NHL is masively beat up, they will get their turn too
Neuvirth is a huge problem, both in play, and attitude
MaJo has regressed terribly
Ribeiro is great, but unsigned, and Eakin is tearing it up in Dallas
Semin is tearing it up in Carolina
Boudreau is tearing it up in Anaheim
No they have plenty of D depth. So much so that they waived Hamrlik and there will be tough decisions when Green and Orlov come back.

Erskine has played every bit the role of a top 4 dman and then some.

They are missing Green, Orlov, Laich, and MJ. Thats not insignificant.

Neuvirth is young and he will bounce back. Should he fail we have Grubauer who looks like a stud.

MJ is young. He will have ups and downs.

Ribeiro looks good and we have plenty of cap to resign him. I'm sure he wants to stay gut feeling.

Semin has been good. He's always been good. So what? I expected him to be in a non trapping system. With him then no Ribeiro most likely.

Oates looks like a coach to me. Miss BB but am liking Oates.

BobRouse is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:34 AM
  #121
Ridley Simon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
I'm not sure we lack depth offensively. Laich and Mojo both have been out for a long time now. Brouwer was out against the Bs. They've done allright.

Same thing defensively. They haven't had Orlov all season, and Green's being Green. They're doing allright.

I don't think depth is the issue here.
and the other 9 pts I made?

Also-- We've had 18 goals in 3 games vs Florida. 6/game. In the other 19 games we scored 48 goals. 2.5/game.

So it can be looked at in a lot of ways. Many on here (me included) think we are short 1-2 top 6 wingers. I call that lacking offensive depth

Ridley Simon is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:24 AM
  #122
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
and the other 9 pts I made?

Also-- We've had 18 goals in 3 games vs Florida. 6/game. In the other 19 games we scored 48 goals. 2.5/game.

So it can be looked at in a lot of ways. Many on here (me included) think we are short 1-2 top 6 wingers. I call that lacking offensive depth
Sure we can use another top 6 winger. Not having Kuznetsov hop the pond and Laich available hurt.

Laich may come back. If he doesn't we can grab one off the trade market.

Much harder filling holes on D and C than it is at wing.

In a cap era most teams have holes so its not all that suprising we aren't perfect.

BobRouse is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:25 AM
  #123
msrulo
Registered User
 
msrulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 류경6
Country: North Korea
Posts: 2,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Can we have a Semin/Boudreau thread please? I'm not even kidding; this **** is unreadable and the forum has become more or less useless.
We need a Cody Eakin thread too, lol.

msrulo is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 10:50 AM
  #124
Ridley Simon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Sure we can use another top 6 winger. Not having Kuznetsov hop the pond and Laich available hurt.

Laich may come back. If he doesn't we can grab one off the trade market.

Much harder filling holes on D and C than it is at wing.

In a cap era most teams have holes so its not all that suprising we aren't perfect.
We simply do not agree on the D. Its missing a top pairing guy, and that is WITH Green healthy. Without him, its 2 top pairing guys.

We need to trade for our surplus of Poti, Schultz, Kundratek, Orlov, Olesky, Schilling, Hillen group to get ONE really good one.

Green, GOOD ONE, Alzner, Carlson, Erskine are the top 5...with whatever is left from the above as the 6, 7, 8.

Ridley Simon is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 11:11 AM
  #125
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
We simply do not agree on the D. Its missing a top pairing guy, and that is WITH Green healthy. Without him, its 2 top pairing guys.

We need to trade for our surplus of Poti, Schultz, Kundratek, Orlov, Olesky, Schilling, Hillen group to get ONE really good one.

Green, GOOD ONE, Alzner, Carlson, Erskine are the top 5...with whatever is left from the above as the 6, 7, 8.
I think Erskine looks strong in the top 4 and Kundratek isn't embarrassing himself in the Green/Orlov absence.

And whats this about a "good one"?? I think you are missing the point. Its not about having the "good one" but the "RIGHT ONE".

Alzner-Green
Erskine-Carlson
xxx-Kundratek/Orlov/Oleksy

I think our big issue is bottom pairing LD as neither Schultz or Poti have played well.

But thats a minor issue. I think you are underestimating how good our D is overall. We have the depth to cover for missing Green AND Orlov.

BobRouse is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.