HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Coffee Shop Edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Eller is ********** good.

A really nice package of size, strength, speed, smarts, and skill.

Thank you Therrien for helping him. =]
Ah the beauty of hockey board. I strongly disagree with you on Price.

But about Eller, you're absolutely right.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Proud to be an Eller fanboy lately.
Hell yes.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Bloumeister
Live And Let Dye

To think that a month ago, Habs management/coaching staff was being ripped to shreds because they weren't handling Eller properly, killing his confidence and whatnot

Old
03-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Milhouse40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
Loll Gaston Therrien just said on l'Antichambre that he'll never be more than a third center
Of course..... they are, as usual, protecting their boys!!!
They don't want the fanbase screaming for Eller to get up there!

Eller: 14 points in 22 games with 268 minutes, 16 minutes in powerplay
DD: 15 points in 24 games with 323 minutes , 71 minutes in powerplay
Plekanec: 15 points in 24 games with 344 minutes, 67 minutes in powerplay

Eller got 3 points in PP (16 minutes)
DD got 4 points in PP (71 minutes)
Plekanec got 8 points in PP (67 minutes)

Yet, Eller don't get top PP time unless he hits 2-3 points in the games, or some 15 seconds at the end.

So technically, Eller is (for today ) the most productive center of this team.
Second most productive on the powerplay...he is +5 (DD and Plek are -1)
Second best in faceoffs, behind White
He is 4th on the team for hits....and he'll still get 2-3 years to gat even better.

And yet those Antichambre Clowns can admit any of it.....
Can't believe it!!

Old
03-08-2013, 01:00 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
To think that a month ago, Habs management/coaching staff was being ripped to shreds because they weren't handling Eller properly, killing his confidence and whatnot

That really wasn't much of a point of conversation, it was more than they were under utilizing him and putting him in the wrong role. Giving Eller more PP time and more ES time means the habs get better results. That's what we all want. If I didn't think Eller wasn't an important piece for this team moving forward, I wouldn't care about him.

Old
03-08-2013, 06:01 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

He's tied for 3rd on the team in hits.

I love his new mentality of being physical and a little chippy

Old
03-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He's tied for 3rd on the team in hits.

I love his new mentality of being physical and a little chippy
I'd love to see him drop 'em against skill guys Just to see what would happen, maybe he's somekind of beast

Old
03-08-2013, 07:14 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post

So you think this was all a plan? Give me a break. This is just like the PK situation. He has now been forced to play more due to Diaz's injury. I don't give the coaching staff any credit for Eller or PK. Many of us knew with more ice time both would be studs. Habs coaching staff were forced to play each guy more due to injury.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:16 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
Of course..... they are, as usual, protecting their boys!!!
They don't want the fanbase screaming for Eller to get up there!

Eller: 14 points in 22 games with 268 minutes, 16 minutes in powerplay
DD: 15 points in 24 games with 323 minutes , 71 minutes in powerplay
Plekanec: 15 points in 24 games with 344 minutes, 67 minutes in powerplay

Eller got 3 points in PP (16 minutes)
DD got 4 points in PP (71 minutes)
Plekanec got 8 points in PP (67 minutes)

Yet, Eller don't get top PP time unless he hits 2-3 points in the games, or some 15 seconds at the end.

So technically, Eller is (for today ) the most productive center of this team.
Second most productive on the powerplay...he is +5 (DD and Plek are -1)
Second best in faceoffs, behind White
He is 4th on the team for hits....and he'll still get 2-3 years to gat even better.

And yet those Antichambre Clowns can admit any of it.....
Can't believe it!!
l'Antichambre is watched for the lulz. I've always siad if Lars gets dealt before DD I will be disgusted.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:19 AM
BLONG7

Eller has been lights out recently!! He is the C man with size we need!!!! He has more confidence, and is getting more icetime

Old
03-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
So you think this was all a plan? Give me a break. This is just like the PK situation. He has now been forced to play more due to Diaz's injury. I don't give the coaching staff any credit for Eller or PK. Many of us knew with more ice time both would be studs. Habs coaching staff were forced to play each guy more due to injury.
Young players don't develop just because they get ice time. Edmonton, Columbus, Phoenix and others are prime examples of that. Give them the ice time they can handle and know when to pull back so they don't get overexposed, know when to crack the whip also.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:46 AM
BobbyFischer*

Do any of you guys remember.. a few yrs ago in the playoffs vs Boston.. how good Eller looked in some games towards the end of the series? He looked downright dominant at times, showed some really nice flashes of brilliance.

He looks like that right now, he looks even better right now actually.. and I'm just excited knowing he will probably look even better and elevate his play even further in the playoffs, and of course in the future too.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:10 AM
JohnnyReb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I'd love to see him drop 'em against skill guys Just to see what would happen, maybe he's somekind of beast
ZEDNIK!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQEV6umhciY

Old
03-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Do any of you guys remember.. a few yrs ago in the playoffs vs Boston.. how good Eller looked in some games towards the end of the series? He looked downright dominant at times, showed some really nice flashes of brilliance.

He looks like that right now, he looks even better right now actually.. and I'm just excited knowing he will probably look even better and elevate his play even further in the playoffs, and of course in the future too.

I remember one game vs Boston (might have been regular season) he got absolutely smashed by Chara. He got right back up, took 3 more cross checks from Chara, and another hit. He went down, and got right back up. Chara then fed him 2-3 more cross checks, Eller took it, and bounced right back.

Most people would think that it's no big deal, but at the time it showed that this kid has enough heart to pair with his skill level. That cemented my views on him, that he should be an asset worth developing ASAP.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:23 AM
overlords
Hfboards

I remember how he dislocated his shoulder, looked like he popped it back in (to the bruins faithful booing, calling him a diver) and still playing like a boss for the rest of the series.

A cool thing I noticed afterwards, was that he was battling on boards for a puck and saw an incoming bruin charging in for the hit, so he quickly just switched stance to take the hit on his other shoulder, and skated away with the puck.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I remember how he dislocated his shoulder, looked like he popped it back in (to the bruins faithful booing, calling him a diver) and still playing like a boss for the rest of the series.

A cool thing I noticed afterwards, was that he was battling on boards for a puck and saw an incoming bruin charging in for the hit, so he quickly just switched stance to take the hit on his other shoulder, and skated away with the puck.
yup. Which is why I think it takes away from Eller's talent to say Therrien developed him, or that Therrien's benching was the spark. Eller has always been a chippy player (remember the Briere stick throwing incident?). He was progressing well from his first couple of years. The biggest difference in his game is that he finally has put on the weight that allows him to play his game effectively. Oh, and injuries forced Therrien to give him quality wingers. Since then, he's been putting up points.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:06 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Nother great thing about Eller is that he's devloping into such a two force, it'll eventually allow Galchenyuk to be purely an offensive type of center.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
yup. Which is why I think it takes away from Eller's talent to say Therrien developed him, or that Therrien's benching was the spark. Eller has always been a chippy player (remember the Briere stick throwing incident?). He was progressing well from his first couple of years. The biggest difference in his game is that he finally has put on the weight that allows him to play his game effectively. Oh, and injuries forced Therrien to give him quality wingers. Since then, he's been putting up points.
No way it's ALL THERIEN, but Therien played a part in him having a strong year. In games he's played very well he's fed him more ice time with better players, even putting him on wing when needed.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:14 PM
ChikN

My boy Eller making all my friends eating some crow. Loved his dedication since day one, consistency was the problem but i've never seen it as an attitude thing but more as a physical problem.

Now that he's added some mass, he is showing the flashes we all daw night in and night out. I still think he can develop into a 2-way force and score 70+ a la Kesler.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:

Yep, that's what got me to love him, he dislocated his shoulder on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I remember one game vs Boston (might have been regular season) he got absolutely smashed by Chara. He got right back up, took 3 more cross checks from Chara, and another hit. He went down, and got right back up. Chara then fed him 2-3 more cross checks, Eller took it, and bounced right back.

Most people would think that it's no big deal, but at the time it showed that this kid has enough heart to pair with his skill level. That cemented my views on him, that he should be an asset worth developing ASAP.
Yep, this was amazing. How someone can't like this kid is totally mind boggling.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Young players don't develop just because they get ice time. Edmonton, Columbus, Phoenix and others are prime examples of that. Give them the ice time they can handle and know when to pull back so they don't get overexposed, know when to crack the whip also.
Sure, young players coming up like Galchenyuk. Eller already had 160pts and it was obvious all this kid needed was better linemates with better offensive opportunities.

Just like it was obvious PK will be as solid as he is now.

Both those guys aren't getting more icetime because management wanted to develop them that way. They're getting more of it because Bourque and Diaz got injured.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:39 PM
habsfanatics

Lars is a boss. Always liked him.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:44 PM
ChikN

Today, march 8th 2013, I can safely say.

Lars>>>>>Jaro, in terms of value.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikN View Post
Today, march 8th 2013, I can safely say.

Lars>>>>>Jaro, in terms of value.
Noy yet. A hot goalie has always more value than a forward.

But I am really glad that Eller is now playing to the level some posters here pretended he was already playing since he is with the team.

Now, he starts to look like a 1st round pick with a potential to be a very good two-way second line center.

What I hated was the over hyping about Eller. Not the player himself.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sure, young players coming up like Galchenyuk. Eller already had 160pts and it was obvious all this kid needed was better linemates with better offensive opportunities.

Just like it was obvious PK will be as solid as he is now.

Both those guys aren't getting more icetime because management wanted to develop them that way. They're getting more of it because Bourque and Diaz got injured.
In your dreams maybe...

Actually it is 61 points in 185 games.

Closed Thread