HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2013, 12:07 PM
  #1
duffy9748
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Flyers

Figured there are going to be many proposals/rumors about the Flyers coming up so might as well put it all into one. I'm as big of an optimist as there is when it comes to the Flyers and their chances of making the playoffs but I still believe they should move some players at the deadline. What would teams offer for the following:

Danny Briere
Kimmo Timonen
Ruslan Fedotenko
Max Talbot(Unlikely to be moved though)

Other deals I'm sure Holmgren will consider would be a major deal for a young top-pairing defenseman. Teams won't be looking to give away OEL/Pietrangelo type players so the Flyers may have to lower their expectations a little. Maybe they consider trading for a young prospect like Jake Gardiner/Morgan Reilly to Toronto since they need center help. Players like Subban, Shattenkirk, Gudbranson, Erik Johnson, Myers, Fowler, Yandle come to mind. Many of those players come from teams that need help at center and that is where the Flyers are deepest.

Players on the block for that could be:

Sean Couturier(Value him very high but have to give to get)
Matt Read
Braydon Coburn
Andrej Meszaros
Scott Laughton
Nick Cousins
High Draft Picks


Flyers can build around Giroux/Schenn/Simmonds/Voracek at forward and Schenn/Grossman/Coburn or Meszaros/and the top pairing dman they would get in a deal.


Last edited by duffy9748: 03-08-2013 at 12:18 PM.
duffy9748 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:16 PM
  #2
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,552
vCash: 500
Considering our draft pool and where we are at right now, no way in hell do we give up our draft picks, especially the 1st round. If anything, we'd trade to get more or to get higher in the draft. I'd say the big player on the chopping block is Briere. I'd personally throw in Coburn and Talbot into the mix. All 3 are big playoff players as well. Mez has almost trade value because of constant injuries, but I really do like him as a Flyer. I'd say Laughton gets traded before Couts, and same with Cousins, even though I'd love to keep all 3 around. Read, especially with his value right now, I think he goes no where. No reason to ship him out. Feds, I feel anyways, is doing more than Talbot this season. Timonen, I know some have said to ship him out, but who else can we get? He's our only decent PMD, and I can't trust Gus (probably ever) to really take his place.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:17 PM
  #3
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!
 
Flukeshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Milton, Ont
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 50
I think Timonen's NTC is pretty ironclad as his 6m extension was signed with the expectation to stay a Flyer. Nor would many teams want him at 6m next season.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:18 PM
  #4
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,229
vCash: 500
I could be alone on this but I would love Timmonen on the leafs. If Phaneuf moved back to the Right side he could slide right in to that top pairing and give Dion a true partner for once.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:24 PM
  #5
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Figured there are going to be many proposals/rumors about the Flyers coming up so might as well put it all into one. I'm as big of an optimist as there is when it comes to the Flyers and their chances of making the playoffs but I still believe they should move some players at the deadline. What would teams offer for the following:

Danny Briere
Kimmo Timonen
Ruslan Fedotenko
Max Talbot(Unlikely to be moved though)

Other deals I'm sure Holmgren will consider would be a major deal for a young top-pairing defenseman. Teams won't be looking to give away OEL/Pietrangelo type players so the Flyers may have to lower their expectations a little. Maybe they consider trading for a young prospect like Jake Gardiner/Morgan Reilly to Toronto since they need center help. Players like Subban, Shattenkirk, Gudbranson, Erik Johnson, Myers, Fowler, Yandle come to mind. Many of those players come from teams that need help at center and that is where the Flyers are deepest.

Players on the block for that could be:

Sean Couturier(Value him very high but have to give to get)
Matt Read
Braydon Coburn
Andrej Meszaros
Scott Laughton
Nick Cousins
High Draft Picks


Flyers can build around Giroux/Schenn/Simmonds/Voracek at forward and Schenn/Grossman/Coburn or Meszaros/and the top pairing dman they would get in a deal.

The top four guys you mentioned all have limited value in deals. Briere is playing awful and has a 6.05 cap hit (can you say buyout?); Timonen is signed for 6 million next year which is a terrible price; Feds doesn't yield a high return and Talbot is a third liner.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:25 PM
  #6
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
The top four guys you mentioned all have limited value in deals. Briere is playing awful; Timonen is signed for 6 million next year which is a terrible price; Feds doesn't yield a high return and Talbot is a third liner.
For those that want playoff performers, Briere and Talbot are big names. If you have others around them that can make you win regular season games and go into the playoffs, there they can really shine. Same with Coburn as well. Playoff Coburn = Mean Coburn.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:43 PM
  #7
tml145
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500
Kessel for Briere+Laughton+2nd

tml145 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:48 PM
  #8
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kiel
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
The top four guys you mentioned all have limited value in deals. Briere is playing awful and has a 6.05 cap hit (can you say buyout?); Timonen is signed for 6 million next year which is a terrible price; Feds doesn't yield a high return and Talbot is a third liner.
Doubt Timonen is traded. They should not have signed him, if that was the masterplan. They pretty much have to either make a big trade or keep him around and sink or swim with him as their 1D next season.

To add to your list though, Mezaros has not been healthy since ... who even remembers and Cousins has pending legal proceedings against him. Not sure there is much value in either of those.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:52 PM
  #9
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
Kessel for Briere+Laughton+2nd
Didn't know Briere held this type of value. Figured more 1st round draft pick or semi-decent prospect(s) and lower pick.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:54 PM
  #10
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder
 
NitHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
The top four guys you mentioned all have limited value in deals. Briere is playing awful and has a 6.05 cap hit (can you say buyout?); Timonen is signed for 6 million next year which is a terrible price; Feds doesn't yield a high return and Talbot is a third liner.
Briere has a high cap hit, and a low cash outlay. Tailor made for a budget team.

I don't know how a d-man like Timonen wouldn't be valuable for a team who wants him for 2 playoffs. Matt Carle just got that money over 6 years and while younger, he's not 1/2 the defenseman Timonen is.


Neither gets you a king's ransom, but they would certainly be popular at the deadline.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:00 PM
  #11
JayRosehillforMVP
snubbed again
 
JayRosehillforMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
Kessel for Briere+Laughton+2nd
Yes please!

JayRosehillforMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:02 PM
  #12
Mellor683
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
more like couturier, cousins and a 2

Mellor683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:05 PM
  #13
tml145
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Didn't know Briere held this type of value. Figured more 1st round draft pick or semi-decent prospect(s) and lower pick.
then Couturier instead of Laughton

tml145 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:09 PM
  #14
AmeriHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
Yannick weber + Desharnais for Couturier?

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:09 PM
  #15
leugangen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Is there a deal to be had around Couts and Gardiner?

leugangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:13 PM
  #16
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
Briere has a high cap hit, and a low cash outlay. Tailor made for a budget team.

I don't know how a d-man like Timonen wouldn't be valuable for a team who wants him for 2 playoffs. Matt Carle just got that money over 6 years and while younger, he's not 1/2 the defenseman Timonen is.


Neither gets you a king's ransom, but they would certainly be popular at the deadline.
Timonen is a 37 year old blueliner on the decline. He will be making 6 million next year. While he still has value, not too many teams are going to want to take that cap hit for next year, especially with the cap coming down. I don't think the interest would be there.

Agree to disagree on Briere. He has been a bum for you this year.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:14 PM
  #17
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Yannick weber + Desharnais for Couturier?
God no.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:15 PM
  #18
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Is there a deal to be had around Couts and Gardiner?
You have me listening.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:17 PM
  #19
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
Kessel for Briere+Laughton+2nd
what? yes

Philadelphia Ducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:18 PM
  #20
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,321
vCash: 500
any player on the Flyers whose last name isnt Giroux, Voracek, Simmons, Couturier (unless we're getting a bonafide #1 defeneman), Schenn, or Grossmann is avaialble IMO

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:18 PM
  #21
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Yannick weber + Desharnais for Couturier?
please don't waste our time

thanks

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:22 PM
  #22
duffy9748
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Considering our draft pool and where we are at right now, no way in hell do we give up our draft picks, especially the 1st round. If anything, we'd trade to get more or to get higher in the draft. I'd say the big player on the chopping block is Briere. I'd personally throw in Coburn and Talbot into the mix. All 3 are big playoff players as well. Mez has almost trade value because of constant injuries, but I really do like him as a Flyer. I'd say Laughton gets traded before Couts, and same with Cousins, even though I'd love to keep all 3 around. Read, especially with his value right now, I think he goes no where. No reason to ship him out. Feds, I feel anyways, is doing more than Talbot this season. Timonen, I know some have said to ship him out, but who else can we get? He's our only decent PMD, and I can't trust Gus (probably ever) to really take his place.
The Flyers have no chance of getting a top pairing defenseman unless they trade players like Couturier and Read. You have to give to get. Other teams aren't going to trade their highly valued assets for Laughton/Cousins. They are going to want one of B. Schenn or Couturier. I am a big fan of Read as well but he is not as important as Voracek, Simmonds, or Hartnell. Read's value will decrease tremendously once he gets a new deal. Not that he is a bad player, but he is a steal at 900k.

duffy9748 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:34 PM
  #23
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
The Flyers have no chance of getting a top pairing defenseman unless they trade players like Couturier and Read. You have to give to get. Other teams aren't going to trade their highly valued assets for Laughton/Cousins. They are going to want one of B. Schenn or Couturier. I am a big fan of Read as well but he is not as important as Voracek, Simmonds, or Hartnell. Read's value will decrease tremendously once he gets a new deal. Not that he is a bad player, but he is a steal at 900k.
And he still has another year at 900K. I never said top pairing, but wouldn't hurt to try to trade a PMD from someone's rankings (also one that hasn't been in the NHL much). I keep thinking of Rundblad or something like him. We would have to trade some higher end guys to get players that are already proven.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:51 PM
  #24
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Players id consider for Couturier

John Carlson
Tyler Myers
Cam Fowler
Jake Gardiner
Ryan Murray

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:01 PM
  #25
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Players id consider for Couturier

John Carlson
Tyler Myers
Cam Fowler
Jake Gardiner
Ryan Murray
Steve Eminger

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.