HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary - Ottawa - Anaheim

Old
03-08-2013, 10:13 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
If there's one thing the Flames don't need, it's another goalie.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:29 AM
sem1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I love that Bishop, of all the pieces in that trade coming Calgary's way, is why you pass.

I'm not saying you should take it or not, I just find it hilarious that in a deal when you get a 1st round pick and a guy taken in the first round, it's Bishop that's the dealbreaker.
Not taking anything away from bishop, your right he would be an upgrade over the up and comers in our system. It's just not a need for Calgary when there are other glaring holes that need to be taken care of first. Plus Ramo does have a ton of potential too and is next in line behind kiprusoff. Could very easily be on bishops level.

Calgary just has much more important holes to fill like at center or another young d-man.

sem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:36 AM
SpezDispenser

vCash: 500
Yep. I'd do a lot more than that to get a signed Perry.

Michalek, 1st, Puempel/Wiercioch, Da Costa, Bishop - interchangeable parts mind you.

Ottawa's accumulated depth in goal, in prospects and we're ready to make a big move. Let's do it.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
I think that's a deal that benefits all teams. I like it.

ANA
Of course it only makes sense if Perry tells ANA that he definitely won't be returning. Iginla would cost ANA alot less and minimize the impact of losing Perry. Let's not forget that ANA would also acquire OTT's best NHL-ready D prospect. What team has no use for that?
Well, for starters, a team like Anaheim.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say Wiercioch wouldn't have value to the Ducks, or that they wouldn't be interested in him at all. For all I know they think very highly of him. The problem is that Anaheim is pretty jammed up on the blue line right now, with 7 defensemen getting ice time, as well as a number of very intriguing defensive prospects headlined by Sami Vatanen and Hampus Lindholm.

I'm not sure if Wiercioch would fit into their long-term plans, and I don't see how Anaheim can afford to move Perry and bring back a prospect who they don't see as a long-term addition.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:02 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Flames dont need another goalie. I wish teams would stop stapling them to Iginla proposals and then getting offended when we aren't interested.

1st + Puempel is a pretty meh return for Iginla, if that is the asking price someone will beat it.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Why not just let one of the best goalies in the NCAA take that spot if we're so concerned? The same goalie that is putting up alot better numbers then Bishop did.

Calgary will have plenty of options for goalies, I don't think trading Iginla and getting a goalie in return or part of the package will be one of those options.
You really think bringing a guy up straight from the NCAA is smart? And, you're judging a goalie as better than another based on STATS from COLLEGE?

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
You really think bringing a guy up straight from the NCAA is smart? And, you're judging a goalie as better than another based on STATS from COLLEGE?
Because I said that he was going to be playing goalie next year for Calgary, right?

Reading comprehension ftw.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Thats a lot to give up for 48 games of a player.

This doesn't make sense for any team.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:41 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
He is saying long term Gillies could be the solution and in the short term we have Ramo who is the same age as Bishop who is dominating the KHL and could very well be that future starter.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:59 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Value wise, I think it's all about right.

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:10 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
He is saying long term Gillies could be the solution and in the short term we have Ramo who is the same age as Bishop who is dominating the KHL and could very well be that future starter.
Could just be me but I don't see Ramo ever playing in the NHL, didn't he leave North America to play in the KHL because he didn't like it here? Or am I just spewing garbage lol.

He was as solid a prospect as you could find a few years ago though

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:20 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Could just be me but I don't see Ramo ever playing in the NHL, didn't he leave North America to play in the KHL because he didn't like it here? Or am I just spewing garbage lol.

He had poor numbers and didn't want to be a backup so he left for playing time but it was Feaster who drafted him and he believes that Ramo will come over when he is done in the KHL.

In Calgary he will most likely be given every chance to take the starting job from Kipper so it is a good chance he comes over.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:24 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensored View Post
Perry was also drafted by Bryan Murray he may want to go somewhere where he thinks he'll be comfortable.
Murray shortly thereafter also essentially traded him (only to have Lowe's idiocy save him from a disastrous deal). So if being drafted by a guy supposedly matters, shouldn't being traded by him also matter?

mmbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
Murray shortly thereafter also essentially traded him (only to have Lowe's idiocy save him from a disastrous deal). So if being drafted by a guy supposedly matters, shouldn't being traded by him also matter?
Except a trade was never agreed upon?

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:58 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post

Well, as said above the org believes he will be coming over for a shot at replacing Kipper. If he will be any good is the real question...im 50/50 on him right now but I suppose you could say that about just about any unproven NHL goalie.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Stryker Island

Quote:
So it's entirely possible that i get destroyed for proposing this but i think it solves all 3 teams problems. Calgary gets their mini-rebuild, Ottawa adds to their top-6 and Anaheim gets something for Perry and they can still compete in the playoffs.

To Ottawa:

Corey Perry

To Anaheim:

Jerome Iginla
Patrick Wiercioch

To Calgary:

1st Round Pick (OTT)
Matt Puempel
Ben Bishop

Assumption above is that Ottawa and Anaheim have conversations with Perry and Iginla and they both re-sign after the trade.
Calgary doesn't need more LW'ers, they have far too many as it is. A goalie that has played a career 11 NHL games?

No thanks.

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:29 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
Except a trade was never agreed upon?
Except it was agreed upon ... by Murray. To the extent that the Oilers allowed him to negotiate an extension with Comrie. And to the extent that Murray was openly and publicly pissed afterwards, as he thought it was a done deal. And to the extent that Murray actually had to call Perry after Lowe tanked the deal with his blackmail scheme, to try to smooth things over.

Maybe some posters here are too young to remember the details:
http://oilersnation.com/2011/4/7/hin...rey-perry-deal

If you sell a car on the cheap, but the deal falls through only because the other guy at the last minute screws up his financing, don't come back and tell everyone how you actually value the car at more than the price everyone knows you were willing to sell it for. To quote Murray at the time, "We have a deal in place." That it didn't go through has nothing to do with Murray ... if he'd had his way, Perry would have been gone (along with a 1st) for future Mr. Hilary Duff.

mmbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:45 PM
bananaz

Quote:
So it's entirely possible that i get destroyed for proposing this but i think it solves all 3 teams problems. Calgary gets their mini-rebuild, Ottawa adds to their top-6 and Anaheim gets something for Perry and they can still compete in the playoffs.

To Ottawa:

Corey Perry

To Anaheim:

Jerome Iginla
Patrick Wiercioch

To Calgary:

1st Round Pick (OTT)
Matt Puempel
Ben Bishop

Assumption above is that Ottawa and Anaheim have conversations with Perry and Iginla and they both re-sign after the trade.
That's a brutal return for Iggy. Easy pass. Calgary has no need for another goalie and Puempel is a meh prospect.

Like another poster had already mentioned, there really is no point for the Flames to be in on this 3 way.

bananaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:51 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
I like Wiercioch's potential, but would be willing to put another prospect or two in there.

How about replacing Weir with Prince and Claesson

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:36 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Again, lets assume the Sens re-sign Perry. And also neither Bishop nor Wiercioch were 1st Round Picks. A re-signed Perry is worth that package.
If Perry is signed then Ottawa wins easy

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

This doesn't make sense, Ramo will be in Calgary next year as will Kipper, Kipper doesn't want to be traded and therefore can't be, any trades under the assumption kipper is a deadline deal make no sense, he has said in the not to distant past he has no intention of playing anywhere but Calgary and if he doesn't re-sign there, he will be moving his family back to Finland. Either Kipper is the Flames at least short term plan, or he's not playing. Also from what I have actually witnessed out of Ramo in the last month, as far as him playoffs in the KHL, I will take him over Bishop every day.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:56 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Terrible return.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:21 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post

CGY
I can't see Iginla not re-signing with CGY but if the team wants to rebuilt, the package they would get in this deal would be as good as it gets. It would even allow them to move Kippy for more assets. It's a no-brainer for CGY if rebuilding is in their plan.
Calgary has no interest in Bishop. He's 26 and is going to be a UFA in one year. He has a whopping total of 31 NHL games played.

Puempel has been sent back to the WHL this year, and he is putting up worse number as an overager. His value is at an all time low.

So it's basically Iginla for:

Late first
A goalie they don't need/want
A failing prospect

How is that as good as it gets? I'd rather try and keep Iginla. A re-signed Iginla, even at half of his peak, is worth far more to the Flames than that package.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:45 AM
Flamester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
How about a 27 or 28 year old starter? You going to need one of those in the next few years?
thanks but we will take our chances with karri ramo

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:30 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
thanks but we will take our chances with karri ramo
So the answer is yes. Thanks for clarifying.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote