03-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
Next season.
Lets hope we have enough room and Samuelies are ready to spend to the cap. Can we really squeeze perry and Ryan in with that cap space even though its next season?

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Elever
Hth

Assuming Anaheim retains Perry for 8.25 M and Hiller for 4.5 M + at least one of SSlanne/Koivu's combined salary of 8.3 M drops down to 5 M on whatever other players and Palmieri gets a raise to 3 M, Holland gets a raise to 2 M, one of the 3rd or 4th liners gets 1 M and Lydman's cap hit is replaced by Lindhol'ms 1.8 M + a little bit more then Anaheim's salary for 2014-15 will be around 65-70 M.

That is not bad but in 2015-16, they have to renew the contract of their entire defence minus Fowler who's at 4 M and Bobby Ryan will also be a UFA. If the NHL cap in 2015 is significantly higher than what it will be next year then it will not be a problem but if it stays in the 60-75 M range then it might be. But for next year even if they're tight up against the cap, they should be okay because they won't really be giving too many raises nor will they need to spend like a competitor because they're still rebuilding next year imo.

I'd think that they can offer the same amount of $ to Perry and hope he accepts then take their chances and try keeping him. Worst comes to worst, they move Ryan instead of Perry before Ryan becomes an FA. The other solution would be to spend less on goalies by trading one of Hiller/Fasth (or not re-signing Fasth) and using John Gibson who's gonna be on an ELC the next 3 years I believe. If they don't have an internal budget then it's not a problem I'd say because they'll be able to have a bit of room and spend to the cap. If they don't wanna spend more than 64 or 65 M in 2-3 years from now then they'll continue to be a team with good top end players and poor depth like they were last season.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:41 PM
duari91

I know people see that as a lot of money, but with all things considering, Anaheim did GOOD. Getzlaf could have fetched much more in the open market. In addition to that, he has been good to us here, so he deserves to get what he is worth.

On the Perry situation. This only confirms the fact that Perry will stay. It shows that management is willing to spend money to keep them here. It shows that they are serious about signing our best assets. You can assume that both Getz and Perry were negotiating together (most likely), and that a Perry deal is not far away.

This is good news!

duari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:42 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

It's kind of funny seeing the main board already saying it's a terrible deal.

Specially when you go through other teams 'proposals' thread in their sub forum willing to give Getz 8-9m per year and the same people are saying it's crap.

Haters gonna hate

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:42 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

He deserves it right now but don't make us regret it later Getzlaf.

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Eddie Shack
The doctor is in!

Ouch, that's a bit more than I would be comfortable with.But I was hoping for 7.5 so it isn't that far off and it is for 8 years.

If they offered Perry that and he still said no then I think we say "See ya' Corey".

I wonder if the Ducks maybe didn't offer Perry as much and that is why he is still not signed. On the other hand maybe he will be signing shortly and just wanted to see what Getz got. I'm hoping that's it.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
It's kind of funny seeing the main board already saying it's a terrible deal.

Specially when you go through other teams 'proposals' thread in their sub forum willing to give Getz 8-9m per year and the same people are saying it's crap.

Haters gonna hate
Well, the less thoughtful can't be expected to look at more numbers or connections than the pure cap hit and his last season's numbers. Shocking to see.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

I hoped for a bit less, but really glad he signed. I also think this could mean Perry's exit, which is a shame, but if I could keep one it would always be Getz.

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
Holy crap that's a boatload of money. And then the salary cap drops down about another $6 million starting next year. Crazy. I hate to say this, but either it's goodbye Perry or goodbye Koivu-Teemu. Rest assured, Hiller is now going to be traded during the off-season. That's about a $4.5 mil savings there.
Hiller is not going to be trading because Fasth has strung together ~10 quality starts. He's still our number one guy until Fasth can prove he's got what he takes over a longer period of time.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
We also have to consider Selanne signing his one year contracts also.... Ughhh

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:48 PM
PhoenyX

Perry won't get paid more than Getzlaf so if the team offers him this same contract and he declines then he's gone in my opinion.

And for those thinking this is an over payment, read this post from the other thread

Like someone else mentioned, get used to this. No more extra/dead year loop holes. You don't think Anaheim would've went with a 12 year $68 mil deal instead of this if they could?

Take some of the other notorious contracts (actual money next to it);

Hossa first 8 years: $59.3 mil
Luongo first 8 years: $57 mil
B. Richards first 8 years: $59 mil
Kovalchuk first 8 years: $79 mil
Parise first 8 years: $80 mil
Suter first 8 years: $80 mil
Shea Weber first 8 years: $92 million

Getzlaf at $66 million falls in there.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:53 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Everyone needs to open there eyes a bit to the new CBA.

You can't write those contract who bring down the cap hit anymore. Can't compare Getzlafs cap hit to Hossas, Parise, Zetterbergs etc.

New rules apply now and 8.25M per year is fair salary for Getzlaf, especially when he is a pending UFA (!). Ducks couldn't afford to lose him AND Perry. Perfect negotiationspot for Getzlaf and his agents.

Congratulations on the signing.

RobinDIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenyX View Post
Perry won't get paid more than Getzlaf so if the team offers him this same contract and he declines then he's gone in my opinion.

And for those thinking this is an over payment, read this post from the other thread

Like someone else mentioned, get used to this. No more extra/dead year loop holes. You don't think Anaheim would've went with a 12 year $68 mil deal instead of this if they could?

Take some of the other notorious contracts (actual money next to it);

Hossa first 8 years: $59.3 mil
Luongo first 8 years: $57 mil
B. Richards first 8 years: $59 mil
Kovalchuk first 8 years: $79 mil
Parise first 8 years: $80 mil
Suter first 8 years: $80 mil
Shea Weber first 8 years: $92 million

Getzlaf at $66 million falls in there.
Exactly. People are looking too hard at the cap hit as opposed to actual salary. With a capped contract length cap hits for star players are going to climb.

Getzlaf @ $66M>>>>Parise @ $80M

Old
03-08-2013, 12:54 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh
Perry said Getzlaf being here long term could be a factor but decision won't be made on that.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh
Perry said Getzlaf being here long term could be a factor but decision won't be made on that.
Also from Perry via Stephens "Itís one of those things where Iíll wait and see what happens. I'm not going to change my answer just because he signed."

Change his answer?

Old
03-08-2013, 01:02 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Guys. Obviously now that he has a new contract he'll start playing like himself again and for the next 8 years. I mean...this guy is a 50+ point player! Wasn't Murray WATCHING last year? Stupid.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:04 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Also from Perry via Stephens "Itís one of those things where Iíll wait and see what happens. I'm not going to change my answer just because he signed."

Change his answer?
Yeah it's a strange one, IIRC though he was saying he's not saying yes or no, so maybe he means in regards to that?

Old
03-08-2013, 01:04 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Idiots on the main board...just ignore them. Richards is getting 12 mill in salary on that stupid retirement type contract so I don't know what the fuss is about. This is a great deal for you guys.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah it's a strange one, IIRC though he was saying he's not saying yes or no, so maybe he means in regards to that?
That's why i was thinking too. The only way i would be worried is if Bob gave him an ultimatum on signing for the same as Getzlaf.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:11 PM
duari91

Looks like Murray is wanting a definite answer from Perry, and he isn't giving a "Yes or No." Not sure what he could be waiting for though.

duari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:20 PM
DarthYenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
He deserves it right now but don't make us regret it later Getzlaf.
Yeah, I don't like anything over 6 years. But I guess if anyone deserves the chance, it's Getzlaf.

Come on Perry, **** or get off the pot.

DarthYenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:23 PM
rocsfeather
jump

It sounds like Perry is saying that he isn't going to give an answer just because Getzlaf signed, that the new contract won't sway his own decision, one way or the other. Wouldn't read any further into it than that.

rocsfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:24 PM
PhoenyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidy2d View Post
It sounds like Perry is saying that he isn't going to give an answer just because Getzlaf signed, that the new contract won't sway his own decision, one way or the other. Wouldn't read any further into it than that.
I agree.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

One thing I've noticed: if Perry goes elsewhere, he's almost certainly leaving money on the table. Not AAV, obviously, but there's almost no way he gets Getzlaf's guaranteed $66 million on a 7 year deal.

Damn I wish the NHL would've got their way with 7 year max for your own UFAs and 5 for other teams'. This probably wouldn't even be an issue right now, and Getzlaf probably would've even come a shade cheaper. Oh well, if we get Perry locked up, I'm cool with it either way.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:27 PM
DarthYenik

Guess TSN hired the NHL.com guy.

DarthYenik is offline   Reply With Quote