Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Sochi 2014

Old
03-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Agalloch1986

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
1. Gonchar obviously has lost a step and there will be enough leadership on that team.
Well tonight Gonchar had an assist, was +1, played over 21 mins, and was one of Ottawa's best players in a losing cause tonight. Doesn't look like he's lost a step to me! He looks like he'll be in the NHL longer than Chelios!

Quote:
3. Medvedev is one of our best defencemen. You don't really know him it seems. Btw he's pretty much the size of Letang and I don't see how Letang wouldn't make the canadian roster.
You are right I don't know much about Medvedev I was just thinking Russia needed some bigger defencemen. If you are comparing him to Letang then I agree he should be a lock as well.

- Joel

Agalloch1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Slava Voynov has been playing really well this year. I think he should be among the leading candidates for the D spot.

Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Semin
I loved the chemistry that they showed together at last year's WHC.

Mozyakin-Malkin-Radulov
I wouldn't put him on the team if it was in NA, but can't keep Mozyakin off the roster on big ice. This could be a great line.

Kovalchuk-Anisimov-Tarasenko
Kovy and Vlad had great chemistry playing together. I'm not sure if Anisimov is the best choice for this spot, but he's ok. This might Tikhonov also, since he has chemistry with Kovy and Vlad.

Kuznetsov-Tereschenko-Yakupov
I'm more sure about Tereschenko then about Anisimov. He isn't flashy, but his all-around game can be valuable for the team, as he has already shown at multiple WHC. Yakupov is a wild card. He has impressed so far and might already be a better choice then guys like Kulemin, Popov and Perezhogin.

Perezhogin
If an extra forward is brought, then there are several candidates. They might go with another Center for flexibility, Tikhonov or Schipachyov maybe.

Nikulin - Medvedev
Very solid all-around pair of blue-liners who have a lot of experience on big ice. They understand where to be and should be solid.

Markov - Kulikov
Savy veteran and young upstart, this could be a good play-making combination.

Voynov - Tyutin
Both are having a good season in NHL. Fedor might be better on smaller ice, but I think he is good enough as a puck-mover to play well on big ice.

A.Belov
Bilya might go with 8 D-men, in which case I would chose Biryukov. He might make the roster anyway. I like Belov's game, he is turning into a solid all-around player.

Varlamov
Bryzgalov
Barulin

Varly and Ilya have been a bit inconsistant, but they have shown in the past that, when they get hot, they can carry a team. I wouldn't discount Barulin either. He is also a capable goaltender.
There are so many wrongs about your prediction.

1. Remeber that Bill has played Datsyuk with Kovalchuck and Radulov at KPK and it worked ridiculously good. Radulov actually was a spare part on that line, not to underestimate his talent, but the Datsyuk - Kovalchuck connection was the integral part. Actually the good thing about Radulov is you can put him on any scoring line.

2, Mozyakin has a lot to prove until Sochi. Sure, he did look great with Malkin, but so did Popov and Perezhogin. After all anybody would look good with Malkin. And that's why I see a lot of combinations Bill could invent with Malkin at center.

3. Anisimov clearly should center the 4th line.

4. Tereschenko is agood center for Ovechkin and Semin. He wins faceoffs, he's a two-way forward. Complements the Alexandrs well.

5. Yakupov is clearly too youg and not ready yet.

6. The interesting question will be who will end up on the 4th line as Bill always has a shut down line, so definitely no Shipachyov, Kuznetsov or Tarasenko there. They all could play with Malkin for example. The 4th line though is in the stars. Only Bill knows whom he'll take.

7. No Yemelin? Are you even serious? I don't know if Markov will make the team to play alongside Yemelin.

8. Kulivov and Voynov sounds like a good pairing and maybe 2nd PP unit's D-pair.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch1986 View Post
Well tonight Gonchar had an assist, was +1, played over 21 mins, and was one of Ottawa's best players in a losing cause tonight. Doesn't look like he's lost a step to me! He looks like he'll be in the NHL longer than Chelios!
Well, I'm not saying he's bad. I'm just saying we are probably beyond this change of the guard point on the NT. There are enough guys to fill in. And leadreship won't be a problem. Btw, props to Ottawa for putting up a fight. Didn't expect them to after Kadri's goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch1986 View Post
You are right I don't know much about Medvedev I was just thinking Russia needed some bigger defencemen. If you are comparing him to Letang then I agree he should be a lock as well.

- Joel
If I'd compare their game. Medvedev is better defensively, especially with his experience on big ice. Letang is clearly a better OD and should actually be a beast on big ice with more time and space for his playmaking.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Hockeysemin

Update:
I hade wrong about Semin, if he keep playing like he is now he should be on the team. Voynov has been really good so far too, and really hope he get a chance on the team if he continue. My team right now should be something like this: (For FUn)

Mozyakin-Malkin-Kuznetsov
Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Radulov
Semin-Thereshenko-Ovechkin
Zherdev-Anisimov-Tarasenko

Nikulin- Kulikov
Medvedev - Voynov
Markov - Emelin
Tyutin

Varlamov
Barulin

Edit:
I really like Mozyakin but when i think about it maybe its better to have Semin on first line, put Tarasenko with Ovechkin and have better two-way / defensive player on fourth line like Kulemin so something like this

Semin-Malkin-Kuznetsov
Ovechkin-Thereshenko-Tarasenko
Zherdev-Anisimov-Kulemin

Last edited by Hockeysemin: 03-08-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Fulcrum

I know this is really really out there, but should Nichushkin be at least invited to the 4 nations tournament? Should he even be on the radar? I mean, he is already flashing really good in KHL with limited time and seems to have that game breaking ability.

I know this is far fetched, but this reminds me of Malkin and Ovi making the 2006 Olympic roster when they were like 19-20 years old. At times he looks more dangerous than Kuznetsov or most other guys on the team..

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
There are so many wrongs about your prediction.

1. Remeber that Bill has played Datsyuk with Kovalchuck and Radulov at KPK and it worked ridiculously good. Radulov actually was a spare part on that line, not to underestimate his talent, but the Datsyuk - Kovalchuck connection was the integral part. Actually the good thing about Radulov is you can put him on any scoring line.

2, Mozyakin has a lot to prove until Sochi. Sure, he did look great with Malkin, but so did Popov and Perezhogin. After all anybody would look good with Malkin. And that's why I see a lot of combinations Bill could invent with Malkin at center.

3. Anisimov clearly should center the 4th line.

4. Tereschenko is agood center for Ovechkin and Semin. He wins faceoffs, he's a two-way forward. Complements the Alexandrs well.

5. Yakupov is clearly too youg and not ready yet.

6. The interesting question will be who will end up on the 4th line as Bill always has a shut down line, so definitely no Shipachyov, Kuznetsov or Tarasenko there. They all could play with Malkin for example. The 4th line though is in the stars. Only Bill knows whom he'll take.

7. No Yemelin? Are you even serious? I don't know if Markov will make the team to play alongside Yemelin.

8. Kulivov and Voynov sounds like a good pairing and maybe 2nd PP unit's D-pair.
I think his line combos are interesting and not bad at all. Emelin being left off is not crazy, although I expect him to be there.

Kuznetsov-Malkin-Radulov would be a nice line, I think.

Fantomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Hockeysemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
I know this is really really out there, but should Nichushkin be at least invited to the 4 nations tournament? Should he even be on the radar? I mean, he is already flashing really good in KHL with limited time and seems to have that game breaking ability.

I know this is far fetched, but this reminds me of Malkin and Ovi making the 2006 Olympic roster when they were like 19-20 years old. At times he looks more dangerous than Kuznetsov or most other guys on the team..
I really like what i seen from Nichuhkin so far but i think the competition for the rosters is to tough for him to make it. And he would still be only 18 years during the Olympics and i doubt he would make the team. But who know if he will dominate next year he should atleast get an invite.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:53 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Hypothetical question, don't lynch me, please. If Kuznetsov will continue to severely underperform can he be left of the roster after the loyalty he has showed to Russian hockey?

ozo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:53 AM
MaxV

He could be left off.

The competition for Winger spots is fierce.

I still think he'll make it.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
Update:
I hade wrong about Semin, if he keep playing like he is now he should be on the team. Voynov has been really good so far too, and really hope he get a chance on the team if he continue. My team right now should be something like this: (For FUn)

Mozyakin-Malkin-Kuznetsov
Semin-Thereshenko-Ovechkin
Zherdev-Anisimov-Tarasenko

Nikulin- Kulikov
Medvedev - Voynov
Markov - Emelin
Tyutin

Varlamov
Barulin

Edit:
I really like Mozyakin but when i think about it maybe its better to have Semin on first line, put Tarasenko with Ovechkin and have better two-way / defensive player on fourth line like Kulemin so something like this

Semin-Malkin-Kuznetsov
Ovechkin-Thereshenko-Tarasenko
Zherdev-Anisimov-Kulemin
You mix up the wings a lot and Zherdev is no 4th liner. Semin and Zherdev willplay right wing in any combo.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Hypothetical question, don't lynch me, please. If Kuznetsov will continue to severely underperform can he be left of the roster after the loyalty he has showed to Russian hockey?
Don't buy into stupid conspiracy theories about preferences for players "loyal". He will be on the roster if he plays like he belongs there.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Atas2000

Quote:

Nope, he won't be there. 2018 I think he'll be a lock.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
I think his line combos are interesting and not bad at all. Emelin being left off is not crazy, although I expect him to be there.

Kuznetsov-Malkin-Radulov would be a nice line, I think.
It is. Big time!

Old
03-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Hockeysemin

Quote:
You mix up the wings a lot and Zherdev is no 4th liner.
Who would you put on 4th line? I like what i seen from Zherdev and want him on the team, he couldn't crack my top 9 so i put him with Anisimov and Kulemin.

Quote:
Semin and Zherdev willplay right wing in any combo.
Not on my team

Old
03-11-2013, 02:50 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Who would you put on 4th line? I like what i seen from Zherdev and want him on the team, he couldn't crack my top 9 so i put him with Anisimov and Kulemin.
Not on any of Bill's teams

Quote:
Not on my team
Good thing you are no coach.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Dynamo81

Posted this a month or so back, still think this is something we will see.

(Popov)Mozyakin-Malkin-Kulemin (Perezhogin)
Kovalchuk/Datsyuk/Radulov (Zherdev/Tarasenko)
Ovechkin/Tereschenko/Syomin (Kuznetsov)
????-Anisimov-Kuznetsov(Zherdev)

Medvedev-Nikulin
Belov-Biryukov
Kulikov-Voynov

Guess Markov is now in the mix, although a lot can happen in 11 months. Voynov has been incredible this season for the Kings which brings an enormous sigh of relief for Russian Hockey fans.

Yemelin is in the mix too, he actually has a solid big ice game which many people seem to forget.

Dynamo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Bure

I feel like a Kulikov-voynov pairing is going to be really good for us. Voynov is playing top pairing hockey in LA. Great young player.

Nikulin-Tyutin(very underrated here, great player)
Kulikov-Voynov
Markov-Emelin
Medvedev

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
I feel like a Kulikov-voynov pairing is going to be really good for us. Voynov is playing top pairing hockey in LA. Great young player.

Nikulin-Tyutin(very underrated here, great player)
Kulikov-Voynov
Markov-Emelin
Medvedev
It's good to see Voynov fulfill his potential. I hope he keeps going and continues improving and becoming more of a leader.

Old
03-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Bure

Quote:
It's good to see Voynov fulfill his potential. I hope he keeps going and continues improving and becoming more of a leader.
A rare success of going to NA early? At least he went straight to pros.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:00 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
A rare success of going to NA early? At least he went straight to pros.
Well lets not forget that he was the best defense man of his crop year. But it looks to have worked for him.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:17 AM
Fulcrum

Hmm, Loktionov continues to impress, where does he stand with NT?

Old
03-14-2013, 11:07 AM
MaxV

Voynov was already playing in KHL before leaving for NA, so I'm not sure I would give all the credit to NA training for his development.

He has become tougher and more physical in his own zone since moving to NA, so I guess that was NA training.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Bure

That's true max I forgot about that.

Lokti is looking good but he would have to play center ( does not play well at wing ) and I prefer many guys over him. Maybe 2018 Olympics?

Old
03-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Hockeysemin

Quote:
Hmm, Loktionov continues to impress, where does he stand with NT?
Think he is too inexperience for the national team to make the Olympic roster next year. But they should atleast keep an eye on him but doubt he will get any chance.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
That's true max I forgot about that.

Lokti is looking good but he would have to play center ( does not play well at wing ) and I prefer many guys over him. Maybe 2018 Olympics?
He's no good on the wing, but the NT needs centers badly.