HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rob Scuderi

Old
03-08-2013, 01:06 PM
SterlingBennett
Duchess Of Wingers

vCash: 500
Rob Scuderi

What would LA theoretically want in a deal from Pittsburgh to bring Scuds back to Pittsburgh?

SterlingBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Ronk

Try for him in FA. LA is already short on defensive D-Man. Losing him would be crippling.

Ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User

vCash: 498
Outside of overpayment, he's not going anywhere. Our defense hasn't been great as of late and with Greene and Mitchell out, I don't see him being dealt.

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:12 PM
SterlingBennett
Duchess Of Wingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronk View Post
Try for him in FA. LA is already short on defensive D-Man. Losing him would be crippling.
Id like too, but was just wondering because he seems to ramp it up in the playoffs. Our cup year he single handed saved the series for us, and he was a machine for you guys last year.

Just one of those dmen built for the playoffs.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Outside of overpayment, he's not going anywhere. Our defense hasn't been great as of late and with Greene and Mitchell out, I don't see him being dealt.
He's been a large part of it not being great though. If Greene and Mitchell were ready to play I could see him as an expendable piece considering DL gives the appearance of being in love with Muzzin. Injuries killed that though.

Speaking theoretically, 2nd and prospect or 1st may have been able to pry him away.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:15 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionzero View Post
What would LA theoretically want in a deal from Pittsburgh to bring Scuds back to Pittsburgh?
He might be what the defense needs right now. Wouldn't mind getting him back at a reasonable price.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Id like too, but was just wondering because he seems to ramp it up in the playoffs. Our cup year he single handed saved the series for us, and he was a machine for you guys last year.

Just one of those dmen built for the playoffs.
That he is. I just thought I would share this because Scuderi is awesome. He's been having a tough season. The Kings can't trade him right now because the teams defense is already suffering.

Some people don't know much about him but that video sums it up.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:19 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
well there would have to be alot of things that would have to happen for suderi to be available. First off the kings would have to be out of the playoff race (something that doesnt seemly likely ) Next off Matt Greene and or Willie Mitchell would have to be coming off the ir Matt is said to be ahead of schedule but no garente on him making back. As for mitchell who knows if its knee ( there has been rumours about it being concusion issues) will heal.

Ok let say the sun and the moon aline and he becomes available I cant see him being trade for anything less then a first + a winger prospect.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User

vCash: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
He's been a large part of it not being great though. If Greene and Mitchell were ready to play I could see him as an expendable piece considering DL gives the appearance of being in love with Muzzin. Injuries killed that though.

Speaking theoretically, 2nd and prospect or 1st may have been able to pry him away.
I agree on that, but dealing a veteran d-man like him would hurt the team, no matter how lackluster he's been playing, IMO.

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
He might be what the defense needs right now. Wouldn't mind getting him back at a reasonable price.
There isn't a reasonable price to get him back.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:16 PM
SterlingBennett
Duchess Of Wingers

Quote:

This years, or next years 2nd + Samuelsson?

Old
03-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Not even two Pitt firsts will pry him away. Let me p
put it this way, Lombardi may be trading FOR another guy like Scuderi come deadline time. We are buyers. And also if for some reason we fall out of the playoff picture, we'd be looking for a defenseman prospect, not a winger, or possibly a near NHL-ready goalie prospect. The one thing we are not looking for is a forward. The big club has plenty of centers and our pipeline is nothing but wingers and maybe a center.

Last edited by Rorschach: 03-08-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:37 PM
bobafettish*

malkin

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:25 PM
SterlingBennett
Duchess Of Wingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
put it this way, Lombardi may be trading FOR another guy like Scuderi come deadline time. We are buyers. And also if for some reason we fall out of the playoff picture, we'd be looking for a defenseman prospect, not a winger, or possibly a near NHL-ready goalie prospect. The one thing we are not looking for is a forward. The big club has plenty of centers and our pipeline is nothing but wingers and maybe a center.
Tracking your points... Except for Samuelsson is a D prospect... Other than that I follow.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Tracking your points... Except for Samuelsson is a D prospect... Other than that I follow.
Cool and to be more precise, without knowing Samuelsson I say this, we would need like an Alzner type of guy, like when Alzner was a prospect and not now version.

Also, I was referencing another Kings poster asking for a wing. Right now our only strong spot is wing. Simply, we want a prospect who might replace Scuds in the future.

On a side note, interested in another gardien de but francais?

Old
03-08-2013, 10:59 PM
redcard

Better to ask this question when Mitchell and Greene are back, as of now LA's biggest need is another Scuderi

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:06 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Last thing the kings need is another defenseman prospect Forbert gravel Campbell delauirer Andrew Bodnarchuk and David Kolomatis all have shots at nhl players in my opinion. fowards vey toffoili pearson Prokhorkin Andy Andreoff and brandon kozun are the only foward with shots. That makes 6 defenseman and 6 forwards at 3 spots I dont see the need for alot of center depth in the ahl Due to have nhl depth in that spot 9 of our nhl 13 forward can play center in a emergy I think our goaltending has alot of depeh still with jones berbe gibson We need more forwards to have options for replaceing injuryed players

Old
03-09-2013, 12:49 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

I don't think the Kings would want Samuelsson, he has a lot of the tools and he's smoothing out some of the rough edges in his game, but he's still very much a work in progress who won't be ready for at least of couple years.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:27 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Last thing the kings need is another defenseman prospect Forbert gravel Campbell delauirer Andrew Bodnarchuk and David Kolomatis all have shots at nhl players in my opinion. fowards vey toffoili pearson Prokhorkin Andy Andreoff and brandon kozun are the only foward with shots. That makes 6 defenseman and 6 forwards at 3 spots I dont see the need for alot of center depth in the ahl Due to have nhl depth in that spot 9 of our nhl 13 forward can play center in a emergy I think our goaltending has alot of depeh still with jones berbe gibson We need more forwards to have options for replaceing injuryed players
I would be surprised if even one of those guys panned into a top four defenseman. It's more like one defenseman for two slots that may need to be filled very soon. They aren't exactly first or second rounders nor have any of those guys developed in to AHL all stars. And Forbort hasn't even spent one year in the AHL yet. Defensemen are the toughest to develop and our quality of prospects is much worse than our top wingers Toffoli and Pearson, potential top sixers.

For the forwards we may have one spot open if Penner leaves. Pretty much everyone else is staying. So we have two top guys competing for one slot.

We need at least one more TOP defenseman prospect. Keep in mind in LA a guy like Martinez is bottom six and he's now a somewhat established PMD. I don't think any of those D in our system except maybe Forbort three years from now can match him let alone beat out Martinez for a spot.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:48 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:

I'd take my chances on trying to sign him in the off season then. At his age, he knows he won't get the same money, maybe he'd want to come back to the Pens. Eaton did.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:09 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I would be surprised if even one of those guys panned into a top four defenseman. It's more like one defenseman for two slots that may need to be filled very soon. They aren't exactly first or second rounders nor have any of those guys developed in to AHL all stars. And Forbort hasn't even spent one year in the AHL yet. Defensemen are the toughest to develop and our quality of prospects is much worse than our top wingers Toffoli and Pearson, potential top sixers.

For the forwards we may have one spot open if Penner leaves. Pretty much everyone else is staying. So we have two top guys competing for one slot.

We need at least one more TOP defenseman prospect. Keep in mind in LA a guy like Martinez is bottom six and he's now a somewhat established PMD. I don't think any of those D in our system except maybe Forbort three years from now can match him let alone beat out Martinez for a spot.
Right now we have a defense like this

drew doughty jake muzzin
salva voynov rob suderi
alec martinez kenton ellerby

davis drewiski
we have matt greene coming back soon. This will mean having 8 defenseman on the roster. We also have willie mitchell who is signed for another year. In the offseason we have to figure out who stays and who goes. Imo our defense is set for the future wth alec martinez showing hes ready for top 4 mins should mitchell not return. If anything we have to many defenseman. We won't really have a spot for 2 years when one of greene or mitchell go. I think ellerby has been ok and will develope into a defensive spot replacing one of them. I also think cambell and boderchuk can handle bottom mins in the nhl. The key to this all is alec playing 4 d man mins as soon as hes back to full 100 % we will be fine.
We have to go with our prospects eventually This is something i like out of all the injurys our kids are getting playing time. Yes there is some growing pains but nothing we can't handle with a touch more offense from the bottom 6. Yes only penner might be going this year Imo there is only 2 players that will challenge for this spot pearson and andreoff I would like a 3rd The more people challenging for it the better the player who makes it will be imo. Toffoli doesnt play lw and may challenge for the 3rd line rw spot that king is playing now. i would like someone else in the system to be challenging toffolli Either way there is more in the system to help the defense in case of injury then there is if we have someone go down on our wing.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Gravel gets left out allot when discussing our D prospects and he shouldn't be. He is going to be a top 4 dman in the NHL with the Kings (providing we have the room at the time) within the next two to three years.

Along with Forbort (who I see becoming a #3/4 in 3 years) we have 2 as close to sure fire NHL prospects as you can get in he and Gravel.

After that Deslauriers will be a 4/6 NHLer and will be ready for his cup of tea as soon as next year and we have also left out Roach who has NHL skills and is 3 years away at most from getting his shot to play. He should be another PMD to come out of the Kings D factory in the same mold as Hickey, Martinez etc.

We don't need any D prospects at the moment at all.

I agree again (like usual) with KC76 that we need elite potential wing prospects more than anything else in the org right now.

We are trying to negotiate an extension with Scuderi so I don't see us dealing him. That said if we were talking value well, the reason we wouldn't deal him is the same reason that you (the Pens) would want him, he is dead solid in his own end and a truly great Dman come the playoffs.

His value to the Kings would be very high (assuming that everything lined up as described by others that would make him close to expendable). It would take a conditional 1st this or next year (chosen by the Kings dependent on Pitts making it to the conference finals) and a very high end prospect winger.

Imo getting Scuderi would cost too much to make him desirable at this point. He is that important to the Kings come playoff time and while we are overloaded and deep on D in our prospect pool, none of them can step up and bring what Scuds can come playoff time, not yet anyways.

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The Kings would need another defenseman, so trading him would be difficult. He is the ONLY verteran left on the roster who is not injured.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:07 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Gravel gets left out allot when discussing our D prospects and he shouldn't be. He is going to be a top 4 dman in the NHL with the Kings (providing we have the room at the time) within the next two to three years.

Along with Forbort (who I see becoming a #3/4 in 3 years) we have 2 as close to sure fire NHL prospects as you can get in he and Gravel.

After that Deslauriers will be a 4/6 NHLer and will be ready for his cup of tea as soon as next year and we have also left out Roach who has NHL skills and is 3 years away at most from getting his shot to play. He should be another PMD to come out of the Kings D factory in the same mold as Hickey, Martinez etc.

We don't need any D prospects at the moment at all.

I agree again (like usual) with KC76 that we need elite potential wing prospects more than anything else in the org right now.

We are trying to negotiate an extension with Scuderi so I don't see us dealing him. That said if we were talking value well, the reason we wouldn't deal him is the same reason that you (the Pens) would want him, he is dead solid in his own end and a truly great Dman come the playoffs.

His value to the Kings would be very high (assuming that everything lined up as described by others that would make him close to expendable). It would take a conditional 1st this or next year (chosen by the Kings dependent on Pitts making it to the conference finals) and a very high end prospect winger.

Imo getting Scuderi would cost too much to make him desirable at this point. He is that important to the Kings come playoff time and while we are overloaded and deep on D in our prospect pool, none of them can step up and bring what Scuds can come playoff time, not yet anyways.
Again thanks tg I knew is was forgetting someone yes gravel would be added to my list Hard to remember all our d propects i mentioned 14 d lol I was hopeing you could comment in case i left some out. I proberly left out some forward or two that have a shot as well. I did mention some that proberly wont in la ie kozan I dont see sutter giving him a shot even thou hes proberly earned as u would say a cup of tea. I know ur ll mention Kitsyn but to me untill he get out of russia i dont see him in the kings future i hope im wrong thou. Anyways always good to have you back up what i say

Old
03-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

You guys are assuming all of these low level prospects are NHL players. They aren't. We have two guys we will need to replace for sure and the lessons of this year already proved that we need more defensive depth especially for stay at home guys. We even had to trade for one and there's no guarantee Muzzin or Ellerby can get it together enough. Odds of the guys in the AHL who aren't even stars there, how will they be NHL players in the top four D of a contender?

For every AMart there are 10 guys who I can't remember their names. Right now if we have three injured wingers, we have Richardson, who can play, and two quality guys in Toffoli and Pearson. Right now if we have three injured defensemen, we have to trade for one. Not good.