Antoine Roussel

Old
02-27-2013, 12:53 PM
ElGuapo
^Plethora of piñatas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
He reminds me of Pat Verbeek for some reason with the way he plays minus the offensive output of Verbeek.
Well, his actual offensive output to this point you could say matches up. The dude is on a 30 goal, 50 point pace. Of course he won't keep that up, just saying.

ElGuapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:10 PM
doug88

vCash: 365
he's doing good! not sure he can keep up though..

doug88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Wow, that must be a really deep league. I expect him to be pushed out by Cole, and if Fraser sticks he's going to be the odd man out on a team that has 4 balanced lines.
Cole basically ends Fraser's time in Dallas. I'd be shocked once Whitney is back if they keep the kid up. Roussel has done nothing to earn that healthy scratch nor has Garbutt for that matter.

I'd be really curious to see the numbers of our bottom six players this year in comparison to last season. With the exception of Nystrom's 16 goals last year I'd almost be willing to bet our bottom six guys have outscored everyone from last year.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:33 AM
KeziaTML

Quote:
Wow, that must be a really deep league. I expect him to be pushed out by Cole, and if Fraser sticks he's going to be the odd man out on a team that has 4 balanced lines.
30 teams, 74 men deep.

KeziaTML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:43 PM
No Team Needed

Looking at the TOI/G, there are only two players who compare to Galchenyuk and Gallagher's production with limited minutes and that's Roussel and Cizikas on Long Island.

Is Roussel not ready for the minutes or is he being misused? Is it just a smart coaching decision to limit him?

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:32 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
On Tampa's Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Looking at the TOI/G, there are only two players who compare to Galchenyuk and Gallagher's production with limited minutes and that's Roussel and Cizikas on Long Island.

Is Roussel not ready for the minutes or is he being misused? Is it just a smart coaching decision to limit him?
He's not a top 6 prospect at all. He's just having some good, rather unexpected production. Likely won't ever be more than a good 3rd liner, very similar to Steve Ott.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:50 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

He's been doing very good with Roy and made feed to Cole. I think most players would've shot it

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Captain Awesome

I looked up Roussel's stats and they don't indicate the kind of guy who'd chip in this much in the NHL, much less anything at all. Maybe it's just lucky or he's on a hot streak, I don't know, but either way if he keeps this up he'll be the biggest surprise of the year for us and maybe the entire NHL.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:09 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
On Tampa's Bandwagon

It doesn't even really seem like he's on a hot-streak, either. He's just making the most of his chances, which he seems to have a knack for creating.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Qubax

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeziaTML View Post
He's been a pleasant surprise for me in my (very) deep keeper league.
I also have him in a very deep keeper league

I also have Eakin and Reilly Smith from the Stars....

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:45 PM
FrailSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
It doesn't even really seem like he's on a hot-streak, either. He's just making the most of his chances, which he seems to have a knack for creating.
He's making some skilled plays. There's more to him than meets the eye.

FrailSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:12 PM
English stars fan

I'm so confused by this guy. Not much more than a spare part in his career until now, brought up because of the energy he brings, goes on a tear.

Interested to see if it can last. It's not just the numbers, he looks pretty good out there. His assist today was a thing of beauty; great hockey sense.

English stars fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:16 PM
MetalGodAOD*

I don't see him staying in the top 6 when Whitney comes back, but he's earned to stay with the big club. This is a good problem to have.

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:31 PM
tjcurrie

The guy has excellent jump and good hockey sense. He's usually doing all the right things out there and that's been equating to points. It may or may not last but as long as he keeps playing the way he's playing he's got a spot on this team.

tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Phil Connors*

When Whitney gets back, put him with Eakin and Smith. And since our 4th line is fine the way it is. Do whatever you want with Morrow, just keep him out of the line up.

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:29 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaallMunson18 View Post
When Whitney gets back, put him with Eakin and Smith. And since our 4th line is fine the way it is. Do whatever you want with Morrow, just keep him out of the line up.
That unfortunately won't happen. I'm afraid the trade-off is either Roussel or Garbutt, and that'd be a crying shame.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Any thought to moving Reilly Smith back to Austin and leaving Roussell in the top 9 when Whitney gets healthy? It wouldn't necessarily be my first choice, but Roussell is adding more than Smith right now, and getting Reilly more ice time in Austin wouldn't be the end of the world.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:16 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
On Tampa's Bandwagon

Trade Morrow for Caron or Bortuzzo and put them in the AHL. Surely GMJN realizes that trading Morrow is addition by subtraction at this point. Not that he's a bad player, but he simply doesn't have a place in our line-up anymore.

Cole - Benn - Jagr
Whitney - Roy - Eriksson
Roussel - Eakin - Smith
Nystrom - Fiddler - Garbutt

There's no spot in that line-up where Morrow would be a better fit than the player already there.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:46 AM
HatchtrickBateman

Love Roussel's game.. By far my favorite call up of the season

HatchtrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:
Any thought to moving Reilly Smith back to Austin and leaving Roussell in the top 9 when Whitney gets healthy? It wouldn't necessarily be my first choice, but Roussell is adding more than Smith right now, and getting Reilly more ice time in Austin wouldn't be the end of the world.
I'm thinking that's an option, especially if they don't move Morrow soon or at all. I think Smith is a kid that's going to grow into it but not all of his game has arrived yet. Roussel for whatever reason is doing better and there's certainly no reason to drop him while he's producing.

As for Roussel, he's going along at a .61/game point pace. That doesn't seem sustainable nor is his 22.22% shooting percentage but man his motor puts him in great positions and he seems to have pretty decent on ice vision for a guy who's never lit up the score sheet at any level.

I'm going with extremely small sample size but honestly outside of Dillon and Eakin he's been the best young player on this team outplaying Reilly by a good margin. Smith has all the tools to blossom into a top six winger but it may take him a while to get there just like Loui. This may be the best Roussel ever looks but if this production is even remotely close to his final product he just might be a better version of Steve Ott.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:39 PM
LordHelmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan17 View Post
Been great, best hustle on the team. Ideal 4th liner. A disciplined Steve Ott.
He is (or at least he looks) way, way faster than Ott as well.

LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndBoards View Post
He is (or at least he looks) way, way faster than Ott as well.
He might be faster than Daley and could be playing his way into that 3rd line center role if the Stars can't reach an agreement with Roy. Seriously, small sample size is what I keep reminding myself but damn this kid has been fantastic and I really, really hope he keeps it up. The "antics" he's supposedly known for haven't shown themselves and I don't think you can ask for more drive and hustle. It appears that as long as he plays with other good players he doesn't look out of place and the one thing Stars organization has is good winger depth which should continue to make that possible.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Bluesoma

He had those antics at the start of the AHL year taking stupid penalties and being a major antagonist in the same vein as Ott. Then something happened in Nov/Dec and he suddenly started turning into a more skilled player, cut down on his antics and started playing really really well.

I think it comes down to coaching by Willie or something because the turn around has been surprising.

I was his biggest critic and now I like the way he plays.

Bluesoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Troy McClure

He probably thought his way to the NHL was to goon it up. You're probably right that someone pulled him aside and let him know he had enough actual hockey skill to do more.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:26 PM
BigG44

Is now the time to point out quite a few people were in a frenzy over Roussel playing instead of Austin Smith?

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote