HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 10:59 PM
Giacomin

vCash: 500
Nash is a beast!

Old
03-07-2013, 11:18 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 0
I've actually noticed that when I'm playing NHL 13 since the real season started, I've started playing Nash a lot differently than I did before I got to see him play this season. I've been dangling all over the place with him instead of my usual passing around style. I didn't change my play-style on purpose, it just sort of happened while the season has gone on.

As a side note, Gaborik had gone 6 games without scoring for me and then scored 3 goals the last game I played.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:22 AM
TriFF51
USA Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
I've actually noticed that when I'm playing NHL 13 since the real season started, I've started playing Nash a lot differently than I did before I got to see him play this season. I've been dangling all over the place with him instead of my usual passing around style. I didn't change my play-style on purpose, it just sort of happened while the season has gone on.

As a side note, Gaborik had gone 6 games without scoring for me and then scored 3 goals the last game I played.
Ive been considering making my EASHL player into a nash clone.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:37 AM
The Sweetness

Amazing how it seems like at least once a game he successfully goes coast to coast against 2 or 3 defenders. He must have the highest percentage in the league in trying to dangle through an entire defense. He succeeds as much as he fails.

He's also like a giant squid on the boards in regards to how he can suck up a puck passed to him, control it quickly, shield the defender and then make the correct play. He's elite in so many aspects of his game.

Old
03-08-2013, 04:28 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Does he play with a longer stick or something? Nobody can ever seem to out reach him...

Old
03-08-2013, 04:32 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

He makes me giddy as a school girl.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Nash has been phenomenal so far. I have to say though, when he's driving the net he often keeps his head down in traffic. Get neverous sometimes that someone is going to lay into him. Can't do that on Phaneuf, Orpik etc.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:12 AM
EuroFlair
All series baby!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Does he play with a longer stick or something? Nobody can ever seem to out reach him...
Maybe, but yeah he's great reach and protect the puck well.

Speaking of reach

****ing ridiculous. Not fair.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 03-08-2013 at 07:31 AM. Reason: fixed embed
Old
03-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Wow what a deflection, a thing of beauty, what skill, and clutch goal after clutch goal, he makes a huge difference in every game

Old
03-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Nash Money

How much more do Columbus fans hate Howson after learning that he effectively traded Nash within the division?

Old
03-08-2013, 08:44 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo6215 View Post
How much more do Columbus fans hate Howson after learning that he effectively traded Nash within the division?
I still have no idea how Howson was allowed to deal Nash when, by all accounts, it was only a matter of time until he was fired.

03-08-2013, 08:48 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I still have no idea how Howson was allowed to deal Nash when, by all accounts, it was only a matter of time until he was fired.
I think people here put too much blame and responsibility at the feet of the GM. By all accounts, many of the higher ups in the CLB organization have stayed. They have a Gordie Clark and Jeff Gorton as well as their scouts who did most of the heavy lifting in that deal I am sure

Old
03-08-2013, 08:54 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I think people here put too much blame and responsibility at the feet of the GM. By all accounts, many of the higher ups in the CLB organization have stayed. They have a Gordie Clark and Jeff Gorton as well as their scouts who did most of the heavy lifting in that deal I am sure
I get that but it sounds like with the turnover in leadership in Columbus (JD coming in), it seemed clear that Howson was likely gone, regardless of the Nash deal. Nash was a big piece and I would think the new regime would want all assets at their disposal. So maybe my comment is less about Howson and more about the timing of the trade.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:55 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I get that but it sounds like with the turnover in leadership in Columbus (JD coming in), it seemed clear that Howson was likely gone, regardless of the Nash deal. Nash was a big piece and I would think the new regime would want all assets at their disposal. So maybe my comment is less about Howson and more about the timing of the trade.
I totally agree then.

I have seen many people say it is weird, I agree it is.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Me neither. Never understood that from the moment the rumors started.

Guess its the old "We can lose with you, we can lose without you" adage.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

I get the thinking but I don't understand how you deal your franchise player before the new regime comes in with hockey men who have a much better pedigree. Let them have that big asset at their disposal.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Greg02

Someone on the main boards made a good point with regards to Howson making the trade (I don't remember who).

Basically, by allowing Howson to make the trade, the blame for anything with regards to that are placed on the old administration, not the new. Basically, when trading a player like Nash, you're almost never really going to win the trade. This way the new guys come in with a clean slate and some future pieces, and have the chance to bring the team up.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Vinny

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

Or the ones involved benefited from the trade personally Ever thought about that? If I am a GM I would be very smart in trades and make sure that the one I want to deal with benefits from it, so he wants to make the deal with me. It works like that all over the place why not in the NHL.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:47 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
Someone on the main boards made a good point with regards to Howson making the trade (I don't remember who).

Basically, by allowing Howson to make the trade, the blame for anything with regards to that are placed on the old administration, not the new. Basically, when trading a player like Nash, you're almost never really going to win the trade. This way the new guys come in with a clean slate and some future pieces, and have the chance to bring the team up.
That's one way to go at it.

The other is to trust your new people. JD and Craig Patrick both have a gravitas to them that can't be understated. Letting this legendary and accomplished hockey minds make the trade at least gives the sense of stability and they get the benefit of the doubt.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:04 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Probably because CBJ did not want new GM to have to trade Nash and then feel the wrath of the CBJ fans;Nash was gone regardless of who was GM; probably the only smart thing CBJ did in that whole fiasco of a trade. I'm just glad he's a NYR

Old
03-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Hey, we got Nash for 2 OK middle 6 players, a good, but kinda soft D prospect, and (hopefully,) a low 1st rounder. Can't complain about that. Teams didn't want to give CBJ a young, proven top 6 player. Didn't CBJ want 2 of Lucic, Seguin, and Marchand or something like that? Unrealistic.

I'm just happy that we have a gamebreaking skater on this team, finally. Nash has been amazing.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Hey, we got Nash for 2 OK middle 6 players, a good, but kinda soft D prospect, and (hopefully,) a low 1st rounder. Can't complain about that. Teams didn't want to give CBJ a young, proven top 6 player. Didn't CBJ want 2 of Lucic, Seguin, and Marchand or something like that? Unrealistic.

I'm just happy that we have a gamebreaking skater on this team, finally. Nash has been amazing.

We have so much offensive talent, yet we are one goal above being last in the East in scoring. I mean Nash, Gabby, Richards, even Stepan, Hagelin and Callahan as support staff. Tells you something about the importance of depth. If we had more depth, maybe Gabby and Richards would do better, as teams would have a harder time focusing on them.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:42 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
We have so much offensive talent, yet we are one goal above being last in the East in scoring. I mean Nash, Gabby, Richards, even Stepan, Hagelin and Callahan as support staff. Tells you something about the importance of depth. If we had more depth, maybe Gabby and Richards would do better, as teams would have a harder time focusing on them.
Pretty much this, depth in scoring is tremendous. At the same time, we do play a rather defensive system

Old
03-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Grifter3511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
We've also played less games than every team but Boston.

If you go by GPG we are actually 11th in the east.

Still, not good for a team with the potential offense this has, but again, a lot of turnover at start of year and new players needing to adjust.

I can see us finishing somewhere between 4th and 8th in GF in the east by the end of the season,

Old
03-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter3511 View Post
We've also played less games than every team but Boston.

If you go by GPG we are actually 11th in the east.

Still, not good for a team with the potential offense this has, but again, a lot of turnover at start of year and new players needing to adjust.

I can see us finishing somewhere between 4th and 8th in GF in the east by the end of the season,
Our shooting % has improved from 27th to 22nd in the last few games, but we are way behind last year's level where we were 8th without any players shooting at abnormally high levels.

Our shooting % should at least be around the same as last year since we got Nash for Dubinsky, which is a larger comparative gain than losing Anisimov.

We are actually playing a lot better this year than last, and our GPG is likely to be in the top 6 of the East by the end of the year. We are currently 8th in the league in SF/G with 30.0/G.

Closed Thread