HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corey Perry [Read the OP!]

Old
03-08-2013, 01:48 PM
alphafox

vCash: 500
As much as it terrify's me to say it with my Jackets moving east, I think Gaborik gets traded at the deadline and the Rangers go after Perry.

Perry-Richards-Nash

alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:49 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyShack View Post
Wouldn't this be really bad for the ducks? If perry were to retire early?
Well, Perry is 27. 8 years from now, he'll be 35.

I doubt he'd be retired by then. Even if he suffered a crazy injury, they'd probably keep him on IR like the Flyers are with Pronger, I don't think they'd **** over the Ducks like that. You never know, though.

03-08-2013, 01:50 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
As much as it terrify's me to say it with my Jackets moving east, I think Gaborik gets traded at the deadline and the Rangers go after Perry.

Perry-Richards-Nash
Would probably be:

Kreider/Perry-Richards-Perry/Callahan
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash

Still dirty.

EDIT: Then again, if we're trading for Perry, Kreider is all but guaranteed to go the other way.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-08-2013 at 01:57 PM.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:55 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
That would be interesting. The return for a signed Perry, on a long-term contract, would be... fairly significant.
Isn't this more of a collusion type scenario, where Perry chooses his team and price and ANA gets a fee for playing along in singing him for the 8 years? It would hardly be the type of return Perry signed long-term would bring usually.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
You've named 6 guys, a number of whom are questionable as better playmakers. That qualifies as a lot, these days?
I could continue to name guys, I thought 6 would get the point across. If you notice the ... after the last name, that means there are more. Malkin, Sedin, Thornton.... you see where this is going right?

Side note, all the guys I mentioned have more assists than Tavares so hard to call their play making ability into question if you accept JT as one.

Last edited by Ogelthorpe: 03-08-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
Isn't this more of a collusion type scenario, where Perry chooses his team and price and ANA gets a fee for playing along in singing him for the 8 years? It would hardly be the type of return Perry signed long-term would bring usually.
I don't believe so. The team that trades for him will be going into the deal knowing the score. They are getting a signed Perry, to a long-term contract. They'll have to pay for that.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Bob Mac said Perry would like to come closer to home, so his parents and family have an easier time seeing him play, atleast in the eastern time zone. But Perry also isn't a big fan of getting a huge media pressure, but you gotta think that if that was so important why not just stay with the Ducks.

IMO if he leaves, its down to the Habs/Leafs/Sens, and now Det because of their move to the East.

Mtl has been clearing a ton of cap space that they will likely use on scoring, so I'm guess they can offer 7 years 56M, 8M per.
Don't count out the Bruins with their cap space and Horton's spot opening up with Krejci and Lucic. Fits all the criteria you mentioned as well.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Drive425

I can see Iginla going at the deadline and the Flames offer 7 years @ 9 million per for Perry.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:00 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
I think 8-8.5 mil. Was thinking that even before Getz signed. Would have/will be surprised if either of them get/got 7.5 mil or so. That's the market these days.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
If you're a goal scorer, wouldn't you want a guy like Getzlaf to pass you the puck?

The only comparable situations, as far as I can tell, would be to play with Spezza or Tavares. NYI ain't happening.

I'll believe him testing the market when I see it. It makes all the sense in the world for Anaheim to pay to hold onto him.

Cheers,

Dan-o
David Krejci with Milan Lucic getting the puck to him from the corners. Plenty more than that as well.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:03 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
I don't believe so. The team that trades for him will be going into the deal knowing the score. They are getting a signed Perry, to a long-term contract. They'll have to pay for that.
If Anaheim signs Perry, in which case he is worth an insane price, why would they trade him? The tweet sounded more like Perry definitely wants to leave and the Ducks only get involved to get that extra year to me.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:03 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 984
Ottawa ships him a blank check and a Karlsson jersey

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
I could continue to name guys, I thought 6 would get the point across. If you notice the ... after the last name, that means there are more. Malkin, Sedin, Thornton.... you see where this is going right?

Side note, all the guys I mentioned have more assists than Tavares so hard to call there play making ability into question if you accept JT as one.
No, please. Go right ahead. Then show me how they are better playmakers than Getzlaf, or better yet, are just as appealing options as Getzlaf to Perry. Also, make sure they can actually afford to sign Perry to begin with. If we're using Getzlaf as a perk if Perry stays, we should do it right.

Being great friends also might help, as well as playing their entire professional career together. Whether or not it's the deciding factor is another matter.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
No, please. Go right ahead. Then show me how they are better playmakers than Getzlaf, or better yet, are just as appealing options as Getzlaf to Perry. Also, make sure they can actually afford to sign Perry to begin with. If we're using Getzlaf as a perk if Perry stays, we should do it right.

Being great friends also might help, as well as playing their entire professional career together. Whether or not it's the deciding factor is another matter.
Didn't Perry match Getzlaf's signing last time days later? Why wouldn't we expect the same unless he wants to leave?

Old
03-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
David Krejci with Milan Lucic getting the puck to him from the corners. Plenty more than that as well.
Boston have a spare 9 million per sitting around?

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Didn't Perry match Getzlaf's signing last time days later? Why wouldn't we expect the same unless he wants to leave?
It was a couple of months later. I do see this contract as a baseline for Perry's contract, but Perry should get a bit less. In theory.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Badger25

JVR, Perry, Lupul, Kessel. I dont care if Bozak is the 1st line centre with wingers like that. It woud definitely cost the leafs Grabovski, Kulemin/MacArthur and a conditional pick (re-sign) to get him.

Badger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:12 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
I have no problem giving him 8 years, 7.5 mil per to come to Toronto.
If Getzlaf got 8.25 million, Perry isn't going to allow himself to be paid a nickel less than that.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:

You seem really defensive today, especially for a guy that just got news that their #1C resigned.

The comment was that there are many more centers in the NHL that a goal scorer would want to play with than just Getz, Spezza, or Tavares. Based on the post, I said that there are other options that I could see being considered IF the center he played with was a deciding factor. Basically, in short, a center won't be the deciding factor.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:

I heard this in every Parise thread last year from NJ fans. My point is that we don't know what he is thinking. I'm sure just about every team could give a valid reason why their team is a great place for him, but Perry will be the one deciding which option is best for him. He may take a home town discount to stay with the Ducks, or even a home town discount to play in Ontario, who knows?

Old
03-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
I heard this in every Parise thread last year from NJ fans. My point is that we don't know what he is thinking. I'm sure just about every team could give a valid reason why their team is a great place for him, but Perry will be the one deciding which option is best for him. He may take a home town discount to stay with the Ducks, or even a home town discount to play in Ontario, who knows?
You say we don't know what he's thinking, but you insist the center won't be a factor. That seems a bit contradictory to me.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:23 PM
walle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
I think this would be good. Keep Perry for the season, sign him to 8yr and ship him where he wants to go. Get something like rental value back, maybe slightly more. Still better than get nothing.

walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
You say we don't know what he's thinking, but you insist the center won't be a factor. That seems a bit contradictory to me.
I said a lot of teams have a play making center, so that leaves a lot of options, and doesn't separate only a few teams. We cant just say only 2 or 3 teams have a shot based on this premise. If there is a specific play making center, like Getz, because they are friends, then yes it could be a factor. However, we are talking about Getz being a friend/familiar to Perry, not just the fact that he's a play maker.....Do you see the difference? Your talking more about a personal reason vs a unique skill that Getz possesses.

Last edited by Ogelthorpe: 03-08-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old
03-08-2013, 02:47 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Habs - 7 years, 60 million

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:54 PM
mich25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Boston have a spare 9 million per sitting around?

Only if we let Horton and Ference walk as UFA/put Savard on LTIR, sign Tuuka at 5.5/6 mil, sign another defenseman at 2.5 mil to replace Ference - then we would have a little less than 8.5 mil. Other moves could be made as well to free up even more space. Boston could trade an additional 3.5 mil in salary if need be. I think the B's have cheaper replacement options and some of their prospects could take someone like Peverely's place. And if this Soderberg kid from Sweden comes over and is successful Boston could free up close to 13 mil in cap space. With all that being said I don't think Boston will go after Perry. I think they are happy with Horton and can re-sign him for a reasonable amount of money (lot less than Perry) and they will concentrate on their 3rd line and more solid defensive help. If they wanted too though they could take a run at Perry, but it would require some slight moves.

mich25 is offline   Reply With Quote