HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers and Preds hey

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
youll get your punctuation when we get a reasonable effort from the tough luck losers club

I love that sketch.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
@GenePrincipe: "We know they are a good team and have a lot of skill. We'll have to be careful of their powerplay." Shea Weber on the Oilers

Ha weber thinks we're good
Nobody, nobody watches the Oilers. They're irrelevant. They're supposed to be skilled and that's all anybody knows.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
The only thing more embarrassing than reading this board lately (for the most part), is watching our team try to play competitive hockey.

Sigh...
It took too long for the board to reach this point. We were too damn patient, too loyal and we foolishly placed our belief on Tambellini and his disgusting management team to get the job done.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:38 PM
GO99
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 355
I have no expectations of these guys anymore. If they win great! If they lose, who cares.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:43 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

What's Weber going to say? I'd love it if he said "we're not hugely concerned, they simply aren't playing well. We're not going to take them for granted, but they don't seem like a major challenge right now."

He doesn't want to give the Oilers any reason to show any semblance of life out there.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Oilception

vCash: 50
Why did we send VV down? If we didn't activate anyone why not keep him? I love Smyth but he is NOT a center. I just don't understand sending Jim down unless we activated someone off IR

Old
03-08-2013, 01:47 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

I predict 0-0 tie going to a shootout.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:54 PM
HopelessOilFan

Vv sent down so smyth can play center... Well at least he won't be on the top line wing again.

Why did they send vv down though when we're down hemsky tonight?

Also wtf is up with the optional skate...? I don't care if you're tired, after an effort and result like last night you better be skating

Old
03-08-2013, 01:58 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
What's Weber going to say? I'd love it if he said "we're not hugely concerned, they simply aren't playing well. We're not going to take them for granted, but they don't seem like a major challenge right now."

He doesn't want to give the Oilers any reason to show any semblance of life out there.
That might actually speak to the Oilers pride and get them to actually try. I used false praise at work all the time. It helps keep people complacent.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
You all might be overestimating our Preds team. We are in a freefall right now. Just picked up 2 guys this week off waivers and called up an AHL dman for this weekend. Plus the past couple of years you all have dominated us as far as the win loss column goes. It'll be an ugly game with plenty of turnovers on both sides. Maybe even a little fun. Good luck
You my friend are vastly overestimating our Oilers team. We're coming off a few highlight performances including a shotless period, a loss to the Blue Jackets, and getting shut out. As of right now, the Oklahoma City Barons put in more of an effort than this team. Should be a one sided stompfest with Nashville winning 4-1.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:59 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
Vv sent down so smyth can play center... Well at least he won't be on the top line wing again.

Why did they send vv down though when we're down hemsky tonight?

Also wtf is up with the optional skate...? I don't care if you're tired, after an effort and result like last night you better be skating
Probably because it's 3 games in 4 nights on back to backs with one day that was screwed up with a cancelled flight.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:00 PM
misfit

Fistric, Hartikainen, Horcoff, Khabibulin and Lander are all on IR. If one of them comes off, then we have to send someone down to the minors or make an immediate trade.

Unless it's Khabi coming off IR today, that means Lander (if he's the one coming back), VV, or Paajarvi have to go to the minors as they're the only ones not waiver eligible.

Of those 2, Vandevelde is clearly the best option. I'd rather have Smyth replacing VV at C on the 4th line than Smyth in Paajarvi's spot on the 2nd. Smyth is a much better player than VV, and a better centerman too, even though that's not his natural position.

It was the right move, IMO.

EDIT - scratch that. The right move would be to trade one of the plethora of 6/7 defensemen on the team or not trading draft picks for 4th line wingers. But since that's not going to happen, someone had to go to OKC.

03-08-2013, 02:01 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilception View Post
Why did we send VV down? If we didn't activate anyone why not keep him? I love Smyth but he is NOT a center. I just don't understand sending Jim down unless we activated someone off IR
Might as well have him help OKC out. Horcoff apparently is looking to be back Sunday, so if you don't plan on using him tonight send him down.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:19 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
I'm not watching. Smyth is still playing and they'll give the same crap effort they've given ever since Dallas.

Bench this clown or trade him for pucks, I don't care. Laziest player in the NHL.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:21 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
since the only thing that works for this team is the PP we need to utilize the whole draw a penalty type of play. and i dont mean diving etc. but we need to use speed and make defenders use their sticks. we dont do that, so we get no PP so we get no goals

Old
03-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Man... even the media is becoming increasingly cynical and bitter about this team (on Twitter). I wish they actually exuded this level of criticism in their columns/blogs instead of saving it for tweets. Maybe the Oilers do own the media in this city.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:27 PM
PETRYDISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Mowzie, you should rap the GDT next time and youtube it Would love to see that!
Haha I came here to say this, would be epic.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Crobby

Not looking forward to this one. Take out Hemsky's goals and we're last in the league for GF (right behind Nashville).

Maybe I'll just record it incase I'm having trouble sleeping later.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:45 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
The only thing more embarrassing than reading this board lately (for the most part), is watching our team try to play competitive hockey.

Sigh...
this i agree with

Old
03-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
It took too long for the board to reach this point. We were too damn patient, too loyal and we foolishly placed our belief on Tambellini and his disgusting management team to get the job done.
I disagree. there were a lot of people who thought tambo should have been fired two years ago, and lowe with him. heck there is still a lot of people who think everything is fine and this is just growing pains.
I think we were just resigned to him. I can't think of too many people on this board who have had faith in Tambo in a long long time. (if they ever did) even when he started he was more seen as a puppet of lowe than an able GM.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum View Post
Safeway has announced that a lucky fan could win a million dollars now if any Oiler scores 2 goals in the same game.
I nominate this for Safeway's quote of the thread award.

Strange, I have a compulsion to go buy some lettuce.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:11 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
No that's the joy. You'll be passed out by 7 and then awake again by 11 and in prime shape to hit the bars. Do it up.
You have a camera at my house or something.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Fistric, Hartikainen, Horcoff, Khabibulin and Lander are all on IR. If one of them comes off, then we have to send someone down to the minors or make an immediate trade.

Unless it's Khabi coming off IR today, that means Lander (if he's the one coming back), VV, or Paajarvi have to go to the minors as they're the only ones not waiver eligible.

Of those 2, Vandevelde is clearly the best option. I'd rather have Smyth replacing VV at C on the 4th line than Smyth in Paajarvi's spot on the 2nd. Smyth is a much better player than VV, and a better centerman too, even though that's not his natural position.

It was the right move, IMO.

EDIT - scratch that. The right move would be to trade one of the plethora of 6/7 defensemen on the team or not trading draft picks for 4th line wingers. But since that's not going to happen, someone had to go to OKC.
Expect trades soon, IMHO

Old
03-08-2013, 03:14 PM
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Expect trades soon, IMHO
I wish I had a dollar for every time I hear/read/thought that in the last 4 years.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:14 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Mowzie, you should rap the GDT next time and youtube it Would love to see that!
That would be cool

Closed Thread