HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Winners vs Hawks (losers)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2013, 02:21 PM
  #76
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,858
vCash: 500
I refuse to believe that Sacco is this dumb to bench Barrie in favor of Zanon or O'Brien. I've actually got a new theory going that Sacco isn't making the calls on who sits, I think management is making the calls. Basically the way I see it is management doesn't want to look stupid for giving Zanon a 2.25M contract and O'Brien a 2M contract to ride the pine, so they tell Sacco scratch the guy on a 2 way contract only making 900K and make up some lame excuse of "growing pains" type issue for Barrie.

Last game Barrie was 2nd amongst our dmen in TOI by a decent amount, that sure as heck doesn't sound like defensive struggles. If someone is struggling they usually get the least amount of ice time. This is why I feel Sacco is just a puppet because, he played the kid a ton even though he was supposedly struggling but the next game he is out and his reasoning for that were some bogus lines that sound like some company line BS. Think about this logically he gave a ton of ice time to a player that was "Struggling" so much so he got benched the next game, wouldn't that make Sacco look retarded for playing him so much the previous game. Why would he want to make himself look dumb?

Not saying Sacco is smart or a good coach, but I feel like there is some pressure from above on him on who to play due to contracts. I guarantee that when Wilson comes back if we haven't traded anyone by them that Barrie gets sent to Erie due to our contract situation with our pylons.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:25 PM
  #77
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady
 
Congo Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Candy Apple Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,583
vCash: 500
I cannot actually believe Sacco is THAT dumb, I mean I knew he was dumb but....wow.

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:26 PM
  #78
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I refuse to believe that Sacco is this dumb to bench Barrie in favor of Zanon or O'Brien. I've actually got a new theory going that Sacco isn't making the calls on who sits, I think management is making the calls. Basically the way I see it is management doesn't want to look stupid for giving Zanon a 2.25M contract and O'Brien a 2M contract to ride the pine, so they tell Sacco scratch the guy on a 2 way contract only making 900K and make up some lame excuse of "growing pains" type issue for Barrie.

Last game Barrie was 2nd amongst our dmen in TOI by a decent amount, that sure as heck doesn't sound like defensive struggles. If someone is struggling they usually get the least amount of ice time. This is why I feel Sacco is just a puppet because, he played the kid a ton even though he was supposedly struggling but the next game he is out and his reasoning for that were some bogus lines that sound like some company line BS. Think about this logically he gave a ton of ice time to a player that was "Struggling" so much so he got benched the next game, wouldn't that make Sacco look retarded for playing him so much the previous game. Why would he want to make himself look dumb?

Not saying Sacco is smart or a good coach, but I feel like there is some pressure from above on him on who to play due to contracts. I guarantee that when Wilson comes back if we haven't traded anyone by them that Barrie gets sent to Erie due to our contract situation with our pylons.
No...I think he really is that dumb. He even cited a "drop in play" by Barrie, even though there hasn't been a "rise in play" from Zanon the whole damned season.

But if indeed he's getting his hands tied by management, that probably means he's on his way out. I just don't see that though. As much as I hate Sherman, I don't see him being the kind of guy who would actually force lineup changes on his coach.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:31 PM
  #79
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady
 
Congo Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Candy Apple Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,583
vCash: 500
So he thought that MATT MOTHER******* HERPWICK played better than Barrie last game!? Good good what an idiot! I'm sorry I just got home and heard this and I am absolutely fuming/dumbfounded right now.

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:32 PM
  #80
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Jack View Post
So he thought that MATT MOTHER******* HERPWICK played better than Barrie last game!? Good good what an idiot! I'm sorry I just got home and heard this and I am absolutely fuming/dumbfounded right now.
Best variation on Hunwick yet.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:35 PM
  #81
Maldini3
Registered User
 
Maldini3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Milan, Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Sacco is a clown.

But it's not his fault, I mean, he didn't hired himself...

Maldini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:36 PM
  #82
IndustryLeech
Registered User
 
IndustryLeech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Country: United States
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Are you kidding me?! Barrie has been one of the bright spots this year. Are we sure a division rival isn't making these decisions via a chip implanted in Sacco's tiny little brain?

IndustryLeech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:40 PM
  #83
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Best variation on Hunwick yet.
I make claim to coining that phrase.

__________________
Some play hard to get. He plays hard to want.
Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:42 PM
  #84
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustryLeech View Post
Are you kidding me?! Barrie has been one of the bright spots this year. Are we sure a division rival isn't making these decisions via a chip implanted in Sacco's tiny little brain?
Sacco's brain on a chip implant would look like a BB on an 8-lane highway.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:47 PM
  #85
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
NothingLikeAnEJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,275
vCash: 50
I'm honestly flabbergasted by this latest Sacco move. This has to be a joke.

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:50 PM
  #86
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,028
vCash: 645
Just when you think it can't get any worse.

EJ returns from injury and we get all excited about having both EJ and Barrie in the line up but then Sacco happens. Barrie has a "drop off" so he gets scratched but O'Byrne stays in the line up all season long? **** off. Barrie was our best defenseman while EJ was out.

Was Sacco asked about O'Reilly at all? Is he still on the third line and not playing a role on the PK?

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:53 PM
  #87
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,794
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Sacco confirmed it.
Wow. I am not even mad. It is so beyond ridculously stupid that it actually becomes funny.

Well...
Captain my Captain..... You drive the tank like a boss

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:54 PM
  #88
hughdreamz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Okay so Sacco is gonna play Hunwick instead of Barrie?? That's the last straw. Time for a new coach.

hughdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:55 PM
  #89
klozge
Avs
 
klozge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Siegen, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldini3 View Post
Sacco is a clown.

But it's not his fault, I mean, he didn't hired himself...
Yep, he's not doing a good job but I'm sure he's doing the best he can. Sherman is not a hockey guy, so he probably just believes what Sacco is telling him. (God, this is such a ridiculous franchise.) I wished, Sakic would tell Sherm that it would be a good idea to end this madness now, though. Isn't that what an Executive Advisor should do?

klozge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:00 PM
  #90
klozge
Avs
 
klozge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Siegen, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,008
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Avs_19;61257521]Just when you think it can't get any worse.

EJ returns from injury and we get all excited about having both EJ and Barrie in the line up but then Sacco happens. Barrie has a "drop off" so he gets scratched but O'Byrne stays in the line up all season long? **** off. Barrie was our best defenseman while EJ was out.

Was Sacco asked about O'Reilly at all? Is he still on the third line and not playing a role on the PK?[/QUOTE]

Don't know about the third line but Sacco said he "probably won't use him on the penalty kill."

Edit: He praised O'Reilly's line ("most consistent") so chances are he'll go with this combination again.

klozge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:00 PM
  #91
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,858
vCash: 500
Its all about the politics, Barrie on 2 way contract worth 900K, Zanon 2.25M, OBrien 2M etc on one way contracts.

Sacco/Management don't care about fielding the best team, they care about not looking bad on giving out ludicrous contracts and rewarding veterans over young players.

A similar situation happened to me in my high school years in lacrosse. I was the best goalie on the team by a large margin, but yet barely even saw the field because I was a freshman and the other goalie was a senior. I watched game after game that we would lose, I think we ended up winning like 4 games all year 3 of which I started. I think I got maybe 5 starts out of a possible 20-25 games. The next year when he was gone I got my chance and the team miraculously won 15 games. We went from crappy to a tied for league champs in one year. I'm not saying it was all me. The point of this rambling story is that our pigheaded coach didn't care about winning he cared about politics and not ruffling feathers. This is what we are dealing with right now on the Avs. We have a coach/management that is more committed to seniority and contract size than they are to fielding the best possible team. It has become strictly political and if we ever want to get better this has to change.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:01 PM
  #92
benzino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Estocolmo
Country: Sweden
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by klozge View Post
Yep, he's not doing a good job but I'm sure he's doing the best he can. Sherman is not a hockey guy, so he probably just believes what Sacco is telling him. (God, this is such a ridiculous franchise.) I wished, Sakic would tell Sherm that it would be a good idea to end this madness now, though. Isn't that what an Executive Advisor should do?
It doesn't matter what Sakic thinks though, Sacco will be our coach until Pierre Lacroix has had enough of him. It's as simple as that.

benzino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:04 PM
  #93
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino View Post
It doesn't matter what Sakic thinks though, Sacco will be our coach until Pierre Lacroix has had enough of him. It's as simple as that.
As long as Sacco wears a bandage on his hand, PL can't tell Sacco and Sakic apart.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:12 PM
  #94
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy
 
expatriated_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 7,324
vCash: 50
I would love to see some of the sayings in here about Sacco printed on little thought cloud posters and held up by fans sitting behind him during the game tonight. Kinda like a living breathing "caption this" contest.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:13 PM
  #95
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable
 
IceRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
As long as Sacco wears a bandage on his hand, PL can't tell Sacco and Sakic apart.
^ I see what you did there

one thing is true .... Succo does blow

IceRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:14 PM
  #96
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I would love to see some of the sayings in here about Sacco printed on little thought cloud posters and held up by fans sitting behind him during the game tonight. Kinda like a living breathing "caption this" contest.
Super-imposed on the glass, like they did with ads for a season or so.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:21 PM
  #97
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
I cannot believe Barrie was benched. He has been one of the, if not the most consistent D-man on the team for the last few weeks. Why is he in the press box whileTurnover McGee (Hunwick), Bobby Orr'Brien, AND Ohhhhh'Byrne are in the line-up?

I mean... WHAT??

(EDITED - oops, sorry everyone!)

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:21 PM
  #98
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,124
vCash: 50
GDT MUSIC


Oh yeah....

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:22 PM
  #99
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
I cannot believe Barrie was sent down. He has been one of the, if not the most consistent D-man on the team for the last few weeks. Why send him down and keep Turnover McGee (Hunwick), Bobby Orr'Brien, AND Ohhhhh'Byrne in the line-up?

I mean... WHAT??
Whoa, wait!!!

Barrie was sent down, or benched?

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:23 PM
  #100
IndustryLeech
Registered User
 
IndustryLeech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Country: United States
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
I cannot believe Barrie was sent down. He has been one of the, if not the most consistent D-man on the team for the last few weeks. Why send him down and keep Turnover McGee (Hunwick), Bobby Orr'Brien, AND Ohhhhh'Byrne in the line-up?

I mean... WHAT??
He wasn't sent down, he's a healthy scratch tonight...I think.

IndustryLeech is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.