HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
I don't know who we're taking first round but since we have 3 2nd round picks and 2 3rd round picks, there's some players who will be available in the second and third round we can consider.

Anthony Duclair
Jordan Subban
Andre Burakowsky
Jacob De La Rose
Ryan Kujawinski
De la rose, Dauphin, Carrier, Morin Burakowsky and Kujawinski are my favorite and by far.

But let's not forget the fallers.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

According to Redline Report, Kujawinski has a poor attitude and seems to have lost the passion for the game.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:18 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Players that the Habs could draft that could make a great 2nd line;in the 1st round either Fred Gauthier or Curtis Lazar both centermen,in the 2nd round Justin Bailey C/RW William Carrier C/LW and Def.Johnathan Diaby.In the 3rd round Tyler Hill LW and Def. Samuel Morin.These are players that should be available when the Habs draft their picks IMO.They also would bring an element of toughness and talent the Habs are missing. Diaby is a hitting machine and at 6'5"-231 lbs. has the size that wears down opponents. Morin can also layout the hits and when necessary use his fists to do his talking and at 6'7"-200 lbs will clear the players out from in front of Price.Add Jarred Tinordi to these defencemen along with Subban,Emelin,Gorges and Beaulieu the Habs defence becomes monstrous.The forwards are all at least 6'3" and 200lbs,with Ty Hill at 6'6"-240 all with good promise and high ceilings.Curtis Lazar being the exception at 5'11"-193 lbs. but he plays like he's 6'6" and 250 lbs.That would be a great start to the Habs draft and future Stanley Cup Champions.

Old
03-07-2013, 06:09 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Players that the Habs could draft that could make a great 2nd line;in the 1st round either Fred Gauthier or Curtis Lazar both centermen,in the 2nd round Justin Bailey C/RW William Carrier C/LW and Def.Johnathan Diaby.In the 3rd round Tyler Hill LW and Def. Samuel Morin.These are players that should be available when the Habs draft their picks IMO.They also would bring an element of toughness and talent the Habs are missing. Diaby is a hitting machine and at 6'5"-231 lbs. has the size that wears down opponents. Morin can also layout the hits and when necessary use his fists to do his talking and at 6'7"-200 lbs will clear the players out from in front of Price.Add Jarred Tinordi to these defencemen along with Subban,Emelin,Gorges and Beaulieu the Habs defence becomes monstrous.The forwards are all at least 6'3" and 200lbs,with Ty Hill at 6'6"-240 all with good promise and high ceilings.Curtis Lazar being the exception at 5'11"-193 lbs. but he plays like he's 6'6" and 250 lbs.That would be a great start to the Habs draft and future Stanley Cup Champions.
I'm just not sure about that Hill kid. And while I love Lazar's drive, I think I'd pick Hartman in front of him.

Diaby is a very underrated player on this board, this guy is a beast in the 'Q, and huge reason for the Tigres success this season, with a very young squad. He's a monster and will defend teammates if need be.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Fern

I saw Diaby live yesterday and he was the best player on the ice IMO. He is tall and uses his size very well. Isn't the best puckhandler but always make the safest play. Skates well and has a good shot. Not sure how he will translate his stuff in the NHL but he is the type of Dman not flashy that helps you to win games.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Nitehowl

2013 Draft

my early view... I wouldn't trade up at the cost of a 2nd/3rd..to much depth in this draft. I would hope for another 2nd or 3rd if MB can swing it

With 6 in top 90 I would draft 1G,2D,3F or 1G,1D,4F,...size/speed important

1st (20-30)...Gauthier/Zykov or Hartman
2nd (3 picks).. Diaby/Bowey,Bailey,Hurley
3rd(2 picks)Jarry/Comrie,Carrier

Seems like there is alot of HUGE dmen in this draft that I like...Diaby/Morin/Geertsen/Wheaton/Kanzig

Old
03-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Habsoil

With seth jones, mckinnon and droin in top 3!
Would anyone mortgage the 2014 and 2015 1st rounders to secure 2 of the 3?

I know it would never happen but man would it ever be sweet?

Old
03-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsoil View Post
With seth jones, mckinnon and droin in top 3!
Would anyone mortgage the 2014 and 2015 1st rounders to secure 2 of the 3?

I know it would never happen but man would it ever be sweet?
You know that next year there's Reinhart, Ho-Sang and Ekblad that are all alot more talented than them ? And in two years there's Connor McDavid... He's playing in the CHL at 15... yep, like JT and Sid.

Old
03-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I'm just not sure about that Hill kid. And while I love Lazar's drive, I think I'd pick Hartman in front of him.

Diaby is a very underrated player on this board, this guy is a beast in the 'Q, and huge reason for the Tigres success this season, with a very young squad. He's a monster and will defend teammates if need be.
You know who's overated ? Lazar.

He's amazing seriously. He might be the best fighter in this draft coupled with good talent, good size and excellent drive. Even if he doesnt pan out he'll play 3rd line/4th line. I want this kid, man. I want him bad.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:11 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You know who's overated ? Lazar.

He's amazing seriously. He might be the best fighter in this draft coupled with good talent, good size and excellent drive. Even if he doesnt pan out he'll play 3rd line/4th line. I want this kid, man. I want him bad.
How does that make him overrated? I guess you meant underrated...

If so, then I agree. Lazar is competitive and difficult to play against.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
You know that next year there's Reinhart, Ho-Sang and Ekblad that are all alot more talented than them
What? There's no way Reinhart and Ho-Sang are comparable with MacKinnon and Drouin in terms of talent at this stage. To say they are a lot more talented is crazy. Please tell me you just didn't go there.

Reinhart is a late 1995 (basically 2 months younger than Mack) playing in the WHL and he's barely above a PPG, really not that impressive. He's good, but is he a franchise guy? I doubt it.

Ho-Sang looks nothing like a phenom with his 42 points in 59 games. Galchenyuk, as an example, had almost twice as many points at the same age in the OHL.

Ekblad may be comparable to Jones. Maybe.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 03-08-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old
03-08-2013, 10:26 AM
WayneBruce

Watch out for Nylander in 2014, he was offensively on a different level from everyone else at the U17 WJC before his shoulder injury.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Diaby and Morin, for me are safe but with not that high of a ceiling. Mid round picks for me. 3rd round at best. And I say that and I like Diaby. Morin....well from good to bad depending of the games you see. Inconsistant, as most junior players are. Especially a guy that tall who's still battle with the size he has. Diaby might very well be intriguing for some teams in the 2nd round. And I see him going earlier that Morin. Diaby makes me think of Shawn Belle in his draft year....and it has nothing to do with ethnicity.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:34 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
You know that next year there's Reinhart, Ho-Sang and Ekblad that are all alot more talented than them ? And in two years there's Connor McDavid... He's playing in the CHL at 15... yep, like JT and Sid.
Sid did not play in the CHL at 15. He was at Shattuck.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

BTW, lots of 2013 draft eligible prospects on TV tonight.

TVA Sports has Mantha, Dunn, Poirier, Reway, etc in a Foreurs-Olympiques game.

Sportsnet has the London trio as they face Sarnia.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:14 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Sid didn't play at 15 in the 'Q. The 3rd one who did that was Aaron Ekblad.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:17 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

Keep an eye on #16 Aubé-Kubel for Val-D'or. My personal favourite 16 year old rookie.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

I don't think Émile Poirier's name is being mentioned that much and it's pretty mind boggling to me. This guy is a serious prospect. I prefer Poirier's ability to translate than Reway who I also like though.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:37 PM
That

Quote:
What? There's no way Reinhart and Ho-Sang are comparable with MacKinnon and Drouin in terms of talent at this stage. To say they are a lot more talented is crazy. Please tell me you just didn't go there.

Reinhart is a late 1995 (basically 2 months younger than Mack) playing in the WHL and he's barely above a PPG, really not that impressive. He's good, but is he a franchise guy? I doubt it.

Ho-Sang looks nothing like a phenom with his 42 points in 59 games. Galchenyuk, as an example, had almost twice as many points at the same age in the OHL.

Reinhart is. In my viewings this year he's been the player on the ice every game. His team is very offensively challenged. Since the new year he's been well over a point per game and held pointless only three times in 29 games. I personally think he's on a similar level to MacKinnon and Drouin

Ho-Sang has been bounced all over the line up for almost no rhyme or reason, his stats don't reflect his level of play. But I will concede that he's not even close to MacKinnon or Drouin in talent. Maybe in puck skills, but his hockey sense/mentality is lacking IMO

Old
03-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
How does that make him overrated? I guess you meant underrated...

If so, then I agree. Lazar is competitive and difficult to play against.
Yeah, you got it...

Quote:

Yeah maybe I went hard.
Didnt really mean to say it like that I'm just tired of the overrating of this draft top3 (while it should be top 4 because Barkov should be considered too.)... I just can't wait till this one is over. Mackinnon is the superior talent in this draft just like Ekblad is in his. It's the rest that screws with me. Kinda like Grigorenko was the go-to guy last year. This kills me. ''trade up to get them''.... Factis you'll get players like Drouin in pretty much all of the draft(top 5) and more. Jones, Ekblad, Mackinon and MacDavid are the better talents here and I don't get that obsession with getting them all.
Oh, BTW Drouin last year wasnt PPG either... How do you judge that ? Why can't Ho-Sang/Reinhart be better than him in one full year?

Hey I wouldn't call 8 points more than games played barely either

Quote:
Sid didn't play at 15 in the 'Q. The 3rd one who did that was Aaron Ekblad.
Halifax tried to get him though, no ? That's what I meant. Anyway, if it wasnt for the old rules he would've been the first.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:01 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I don't think Émile Poirier's name is being mentioned that much and it's pretty mind boggling to me. This guy is a serious prospect. I prefer Poirier's ability to translate than Reway who I also like though.
To be honest, it's fine with me if he remains unknown. But I'm pretty certain the scouts are well aware of who he is since Gatineau is the most scouted team in the 'Q year in year out.

Quote:

Halifax tried to get him though, no ? That's what I meant. Anyway, if it wasnt for the old rules he would've been the first.
I have no idea. All I know is that he was not playing in the 'Q at 15.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:02 PM
S Bah

If Bergevin keeps picking up draft choices in the 1st four rounds,the Habs are destined to have a draft that may compare favorably to last years.In fact with the picks they already have it's looking very promising,a couple of late 1st round picks would seal the deal.Three late 1st rd.picks could see the Habs draft Lazar,Hartman and Gauthier,this draft is very deep in talent.Tyler Hill LW is another player I covet and believe will be a real eye opener for the scouts that pass him over to the Habs.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Oh, BTW Drouin last year wasnt PPG either... How do you judge that ? Why can't Ho-Sang/Reinhart be better than him in one full year?
Drouin is a much smarter player than Ho-Sang, as That pointed out.

Drouin also only joined the Q last season during the stretch run instead of at the start of the season, if you are going to look at his rookie numbers that can't be forgotten.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Drouin is a much smarter player than Ho-Sang, as That pointed out.

Drouin also only joined the Q last season during the stretch run instead of at the start of the season, if you are going to look at his rookie numbers that can't be forgotten.
True about that. But still I was referring to Ekblad and McDavid more than anything.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:21 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Sam Reinhart is very comparable to this year's top forwards and he might still be growing.

Closed Thread