HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane to Nashville

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 05:15 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
What did you expect? The are either bitter Thrasher fans, or bitter Preds fans because of what happened to the Thrashers (cause they stick together all the time), so they take it out on Winnipeg and our fanbase. No surprise here.
I think the "bitterness" came in when a few misinformed Jets fans mischaracterized Josi as "crap" or "spare parts."

When you have several people saying they wouldn't trade Josi for Kane straight across, it might make you wonder if maybe you're just not that familiar with Josi, which is to be expected given where he plays.

Put it this way...the only defenseman in your system, including Trouba, that I'd put a comparable overall value on is Bogosian. Josi's already a top pairing defenseman, and I think before all is said and done, it will end up in the elite category.

I've been watching the Predators since the beginning, and the only defenseman to be this good, this young was Shea Weber. Josi is strides ahead of where Suter was at this age.

Old
03-08-2013, 05:25 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Fair enough. I could live with this season being a wash and drafting Seth Jones. Either way I am just happy to be able to watch live hockey again
That would be our luck, the one time we get a top 5 pick, we'd get another defenseman......

Having almost lost our team, I feel you on just happy to have hockey, we used to have to drive to St. Louis to watch hockey before '98.

To the guy with the Nashville and Atlanta stick together statement, I'm sorry man, you're wrong. Atlanta Thrashers were just another team to most of us, no connection, other than being a southern hockey team. And none of the original Predators fans are bitter to the Jets, hell, most felt bad you lost your team to begin with.

My comments were all in fun, sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Old
03-08-2013, 06:09 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I think the "bitterness" came in when a few misinformed Jets fans mischaracterized Josi as "crap" or "spare parts."

When you have several people saying they wouldn't trade Josi for Kane straight across, it might make you wonder if maybe you're just not that familiar with Josi, which is to be expected given where he plays.

Put it this way...the only defenseman in your system, including Trouba, that I'd put a comparable overall value on is Bogosian. Josi's already a top pairing defenseman, and I think before all is said and done, it will end up in the elite category.

I've been watching the Predators since the beginning, and the only defenseman to be this good, this young was Shea Weber. Josi is strides ahead of where Suter was at this age.
I think Jets fans don't want Josi for Kane because we already have a Josi-type in Bogosian, but we don't have a Kane type in the system at all. It doesn't make sense, despite the value you might think Josi has.

Old
03-08-2013, 06:14 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
You're being hard on Kane, inconsistent, sure...overrated? Harsh!
Yeah
Too bad he's the under rated one

Old
03-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:

Sorry man, just have to point out again that it was ONE poster that used the spare parts comment, and he's not even a poster on the Jets forum. It was a Preds fan who started the mudsliging by using that comment to flame the Jets fanbase with a "what have you guys ever done" comment.

Plus, being told that Josi would be on our 1st pairing right of the top (when the top pair already has 2 all-stars on it), and then that Josi's career is going to be greater than Bogosian isn't exactly a great way to start either.

Last edited by Huffer: 03-08-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old
03-08-2013, 06:48 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Bogosian 1st half of 2009 (wpg fans probably have no recollection of this )> Josi

Josi 2013> The rest of Bogosians Career
First off: I want to say that people who say Josi is scrap parts, is just ignorant or doesn't know better. Josi is pretty ****ing valuable; I agree.

BUT, no offense... you are doing exactly in the second sentence what you are underlyingly accusing Jets' fans in doing in your first sentence...

Bogosian last season was as good if not better than Bogosian in the first half of 2009.
Their defensive coach (Huddy) made a priority in improving Bogosian, going over hours and hours of video together and such, and it seemed to put Bogosian on track.

Offensively this and last season Bogosian has done better for even strength and powerplay between the two D.
In fact, last season Bogosian was 13th in even strength points per icetime... 9th if you take out defensemen sheltered from top 6 match-ups.

They've both been used similarly, in a predominately defensive role... facing mostly top6 minutes and mostly working in the d-zone.
Last season Bogosian's #1 partner was Stuart; who's a #6 on most teams (would have been Hainsey but their injuries lined up to prevent much play together). This season it's Hainsey; who is a 4/5 tweener depending on the team.
Roman has had Kevin Klein, who'd I'd say is debatably better than Hainsey and for sure better than Stuart, and Weber, who is a ****ing beast of a #1.

Yet even though they've had similar work levels, and Josi having far better D partners (and goalie... but that's a whole other topic), they have come to almost identical defensive results...

IMO... I like both... a lot a lot. I would love to see an all-star top4 (I know it would never happen) of:
Enstrom-Weber
Josi - Bogosian

That'd be sweet

Old
03-08-2013, 06:53 PM
almostawake

Quote:

One poster called Josi crap. That poster has never been seen around the Jets board.

The vast majority of real Jets fans posting in this thread have simply pointed out that Josi is, for all intents and purposes, redundant from Winnipeg's point of view. Kane is the kind of player they desperately need. Hence, such a deal makes no sense from the Jets' point of view

Old
03-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
Kane was living in probably the best city for a young, rich athlete of color to reside- Atlanta. He could hang out with a veritable who's who of moguls in the urban sports, fashion,and entertainment industries. He also was revered and respected as an athlete by the fanbase and media.

The South is better equipped to deal with players that have "Swag".
lmfao please tell me you're joking..

Old
03-08-2013, 09:10 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
regardless if this deal was good for both teams it will never happen now that were in the same division

Old
03-08-2013, 10:41 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Yeah, this has deteriorated into a pissing match between cities.

Closed.