HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oil kids

Old
03-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Nolan11

vCash: 500
Dan Boyle (we'll keep some Cap ) + Ryan Clowe + conditional 3rd (clowe not re-signing) for RNH

Assume you don't bite on this, but it is about as good as Sharks could afford.

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Chayos

Not wanting to empower these other oiler fans who are in non stop rebuild mode, but the offers we get from other teams for the big 4 are ludicrous.

Please why would the Oilers move any of them for picks and mediocre prospects from MTL? Why would we trade one for over the hill, over priced veterans from SJ?

There hasn't been one legitimate offer for these players in this thread. People ***** and whine about Oiler fans asking for to much for one of the big four and offer this crap?

The fact of the matter is the Oilers are going to get a high pick this year no matter what Oiler fans do or say. This is not a surprise to anyone except maybe cbs sports, the team is still too young and badly balanced to be a threat. The Oiler's probably would move one of the big 4 but likely only one of Yakupov or Eberle as they have Depth at Right wing. The players they would target would have to be 1/2 defencemen with size and grit and top 6 forwards with size and grit, and either of these type of players would have to fit into the age group of the core which is 22-26 years old.

If your team has something like this that would interest the oilers then by all means post an offer otherwise please take your trolling somewhere else as it is begining to annoy the real oiler fans who know what to expect from the team this year.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:29 PM
JayRosehillforMVP
snubbed again

Simmonds+Coburn+ two 1sts for Yakupov?
You get a physical top six winger, big top 4 defenseman, and two mid-late 1sts

If not that, than what would it take to get Yakupov in Phily?

JayRosehillforMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:34 PM
OilCanada92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Ya I'd prefer Jones or Barkov over any of them to be honest. The Oilers problem is there top 6. Trade one or two of the kids and its solved. Imo
You make me ashamed to be a Oilers fan with that one post..

OilCanada92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Oh my god we have become the Florida Panthers

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:46 PM
OilCanada92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Oh my god we have become the Florida Panthers
Western Islanders actually.

OilCanada92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Dan Boyle (we'll keep some Cap ) + Ryan Clowe + conditional 3rd (clowe not re-signing) for RNH

Okay come on now

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:51 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers7 View Post
Simmonds+Coburn+ two 1sts for Yakupov?
You get a physical top six winger, big top 4 defenseman, and two mid-late 1sts

If not that, than what would it take to get Yakupov in Phily?
I actually see this as an over payment for Yak. I can't see PHI moving Coburn. Would love to get Simmonds in EDM as that is the type of top 6 that we need on this team. Something around Simmonds would be great.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:56 PM
JayRosehillforMVP
snubbed again

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I actually see this as an over payment for Yak. I can't see PHI moving Coburn. Would love to get Simmonds in EDM as that is the type of top 6 that we need on this team. Something around Simmonds would be great.
If Simmonds and a 1st gets the job done I'd be ecstatic. It's not that I dislike Simmonds (he's been on fire, actually), but Yakupov is exactly what we need on offense.

JayRosehillforMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:40 PM
oilers1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
From a Habs perspective and these are all seperate deals:

to Habs:
Hall

To Oilers:
1st 2013
3rd 2014
Lars Eller

---------------
To Habs:
Eberle

To Oilers:
1st 2013
2nd 2014
Tinordi
----------------

To Habs:
RNH

To Oilers:
1st 2014
Louis Leblanc
---------------

To Habs:
Yakupov

To Oilers:
1st 2013
Gallagher

and thats as far as i would go from a habs perspective.
I hope this is a joke All your offering is a bunch of junk for our top players.

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Okay come on now
What I offered is what I feel is about the best offer I feel the sharks can afford, not what I think would be needed to get the trade done. (answering the OP question). Sharks have no trade value in bottom 6. Other than Clowe, our non-NMC top 6 forwards are Couture (untouchable and in the same class as our Big 4) and
Pavelski (whose value to us is such that a straight up pavelski for RNH is about right, but would have been insulting to you).

Actually, Boyle and Clowe are probably better than you give them credit for. At 36 with 1-1/2 years left on his contract, Boyle is still a top 10 defenseman in the NHL and a top 5 PP QB. Clowe, despite his current snakebit/slightly injured season, is a top 6 with grit and an awesome leader, so is Boyle. Think he and Boyle are exactly what your players need to learn the power game. So, I offered a top pairing D with 2-3 years left in the tank, and a UFA top 6 power forward (if re-signed, probably 3 more "good" years left, too). Assumed it was not enough. I certainly was not trying to be insulting.

Old
03-08-2013, 06:06 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers7 View Post
If Simmonds and a 1st gets the job done I'd be ecstatic. It's not that I dislike Simmonds (he's been on fire, actually), but Yakupov is exactly what we need on offense.
I don't think Simmonds and a 1st does it, but if you put in another decent prospect, I think that would. Coburn is probably a non-starter from your side, considering your team needs, but if there is a good, big center prospect to include, then that, on top of Simmonds and the first would be enough for me. As long as you take Correy Potter.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:15 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 691
Quote:
Quote:

What I offered is what I feel is about the best offer I feel the sharks can afford, not what I think would be needed to get the trade done. (answering the OP question). Sharks have no trade value in bottom 6. Other than Clowe, our non-NMC top 6 forwards are Couture (untouchable and in the same class as our Big 4) and
Pavelski (whose value to us is such that a straight up pavelski for RNH is about right, but would have been insulting to you).

Actually, Boyle and Clowe are probably better than you give them credit for. At 36 with 1-1/2 years left on his contract, Boyle is still a top 10 defenseman in the NHL and a top 5 PP QB. Clowe, despite his current snakebit/slightly injured season, is a top 6 with grit and an awesome leader, so is Boyle. Think he and Boyle are exactly what your players need to learn the power game. So, I offered a top pairing D with 2-3 years left in the tank, and a UFA top 6 power forward (if re-signed, probably 3 more "good" years left, too). Assumed it was not enough. I certainly was not trying to be insulting.
Imagine you have a 19 y/o kid recently drafted 1st overall, and you're not in the playoff hunt. Would you trade him for a 36 y/o defenseman and an upcoming UFA?

If SJ wanted any part of the 4 kids, you can't have untouchables. I'd trade Burns straight up for one of them, or Couture for either of Hall or RNH, or I'd add to Pavelski to get any of them. If the Oilers really wanted to make the playoffs, I'd add to either of Thornton or Marleau for any of them.

Edmonton is a very poorly-run organization, but they're not incompetent to pull a Joe Thornton trade 2.0. I know you weren't trying to be insulting, but the offer nevertheless was.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:18 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
I hope this is a joke All your offering is a bunch of junk for our top players.
One of the proposal was Yakupov for Gallagher and Habs 1st round pick. The junk player Gallagher has 6 goals, 7 assists (+12) in 20 games compared to Yakupov (supposedly one of your top player) stats of 6 goals, 6 assists (-12) in 23 games.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:20 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
One of the proposal was Yakupov for Gallagher and Habs 1st round pick. The junk player Gallagher has 6 goals, 7 assists (+12) in 20 games compared to Yakupov (supposedly one of your top player) stats of 6 goals, 6 assists (-12) in 23 games.
Yeah, because 19 y/o Yakupov is clearly topping out after 20 games.

Old
03-08-2013, 06:23 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Yeah, because 19 y/o Yakupov is clearly topping out after 20 games.
The junk player Gallagher is only 20 years old. What make you think Gallagher's game is topping out? By the way, Gallagher's defensive game is miles ahead of Yakupov.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:25 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
The junk player Gallagher is only 20 years old. What make you think Gallagher's game is topping out? By the way, Gallagher's defensive game is miles ahead of Yakupov.
Yakupov's upside is so much higher than Gallagher's... Jeez, not even worth arguing this.

Old
03-08-2013, 06:26 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niet View Post
More youth will save the Oilers?
well the youth is not doing jack this year . They look lost . I say move Eberle , Hemsky + Gagner . For first rd picks . Then pack maybe a couple together move up and draft a big center man . with our pick , looks like it will be Jones cause we sure suck . and the last first try to get a gritty winger . and lets let them develop for a year or two before we throw them into the fire . Sign some gap players . Hey we can not be worst

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:26 PM
TorontoTrades

what would it take from Toronto for Eberle?

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:29 PM
supert

Quote:
Quote:

We will maybe trade one of the kids , but it will not be RNH . It will be Eberle or Yakupov . One of those 2 , unless it a crazy offer

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
So your saying our top 6 isn't scoring because our bottom 6 is bad?
No, your top six isn't scoring because all Western Conference teams know your top six is the ONLY thing they have to worry about when they play you. They've been placed in a completely unfair situation this season. It's on Tambellini to fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
This off season when Nashville can trade Weber, make an offer they can't refuse.

Yakupov
Klefbom
1st 2014

For

Weber
I'm pretty sure Nashville would turn that down.

I'd love to see a deal between Edm and Pit involving Brooks Orpik and Magnus Paajarvi. Or Paul Martin. Either one.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Imagine you have a 19 y/o kid recently drafted 1st overall, and you're not in the playoff hunt. Would you trade him for a 36 y/o defenseman and an upcoming UFA?

If SJ wanted any part of the 4 kids, you can't have untouchables. I'd trade Burns straight up for one of them, or Couture for either of Hall or RNH, or I'd add to Pavelski to get any of them. If the Oilers really wanted to make the playoffs, I'd add to either of Thornton or Marleau for any of them.

Edmonton is a very poorly-run organization, but they're not incompetent to pull a Joe Thornton trade 2.0. I know you weren't trying to be insulting, but the offer nevertheless was.
Thank you Jux. Put in that light, I believe I owe the oiler nation a sincere apology.

All, please accept my apologies and try to ignore my previous rookie post.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
We will maybe trade one of the kids , but it will not be RNH . It will be Eberle or Yakupov . One of those 2 , unless it a crazy offer
Given how far off-base my last attempt to join this conversation was, can I turn this around a bit and merely ask what your team would need for say Yakupov?

Old
03-08-2013, 07:20 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Thank you Jux. Put in that light, I believe I owe the oiler nation a sincere apology.

All, please accept my apologies and try to ignore my previous rookie post.
No prob dude. For the trade forums, I have a simple rule of thumb: If I would do it, it probably isn't fair. Fans shy away from fair market deals that include their stars.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:32 PM
judge301

Clearly there are a lot of people in this thread that have done a serious face plant into the shallow end of the gene pool on both side. In this one thread I've read some of the most unintelligent and brutally ignorant posts ever.

Mods?? Please?///

judge301 is offline   Reply With Quote