HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Soccer
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

2013 MLS Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 09:47 PM
  #326
BAuldie
Registered User
 
BAuldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
The bigger thing is....there are 4 Canadian teams!!! How many teams do they need in Champs!!! Hell nobody can even beat Toronto, they don't deserve even the one they get it seems.
Toronto didn't make the semi-finals of Concacaf just last year or anything.

BAuldie is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 10:27 PM
  #327
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan
 
ck26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Coyotes Bandwagon
Country: United States
Posts: 7,864
vCash: 297
Went to Houston Dynamo v Santos Laguna (CONCACAF Champions League) yesterday ... 1-0 result for the Dynamo with lots of poor finishing but a really good experience and exciting atmosphere. Lots of Santos fans among the Hispanic community in Houston, so I highly recommend seeking these games out.

ck26 is online now  
Old
03-06-2013, 11:56 PM
  #328
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,502
vCash: 500
I tried watching Seattle-Tigres, but the horrific TV production (which totally falls on CONCACAF since it's their feed) was inexcusable. Cutting away to a replay in the middle of play is beyond stupid. If I had a director do that while I was talent, I would chew that moron out for 30 minutes after the broadcast. It completely destroys the ability of the talent and camera crew to tell the story and bring the action to the viewer, which is the whole point of a TV broadcast.

Tigres looked amazing and played a very entertaining style of soccer, but Seattle held them at bay for as long as they could before finally conceding.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:01 AM
  #329
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 14,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Always has been since he was on the Gals. Pretty good shot stopper that can do little else and even then he only does it half the year cause he is always injured.
Thanks. Didn't follow a lot the MLS when Ricketts was a starter with LAG.

Also, I agree with your assessment about Canadian places in the CCL.

The Russian General is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:03 AM
  #330
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 13,353
vCash: 500
Honestly, only losing 1-0 at Tigres is a fantastic result for Seattle. Seeing as how they were dominated for 90+ minutes.

Brock Anton is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 04:39 AM
  #331
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 25,181
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAuldie View Post
Toronto didn't make the semi-finals of Concacaf just last year or anything.
TFC is and has been awful

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now  
Old
03-07-2013, 07:54 AM
  #332
OFD
Metal Thrasing Mad
 
OFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
The bigger thing is....there are 4 Canadian teams!!! How many teams do they need in Champs!!! Hell nobody can even beat Toronto, they don't deserve even the one they get it seems.
The fact that they won it 4 straight years drives me nuts!! I mean come on! It's Toronto FC!!

OFD is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 10:16 AM
  #333
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,741
vCash: 500
They only show up for the Canadian championship.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:11 PM
  #334
BAuldie
Registered User
 
BAuldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
TFC is and has been awful
Indeed.. but it was only 12 months ago that they battled Santos, who were at the very top of their game at the time, in the semis. It was actually a pretty exciting home and away until Santos pulled away at the end of the 2nd game.

I was responding to the comment that Canada didn't deserve a spot on it's own in the CCL because Toronto always wins.

Only 1 MLS team has made it as far as Toronto did in the past 5 years.

BAuldie is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:44 PM
  #335
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAuldie View Post
Indeed.. but it was only 12 months ago that they battled Santos, who were at the very top of their game at the time, in the semis. It was actually a pretty exciting home and away until Santos pulled away at the end of the 2nd game.

I was responding to the comment that Canada didn't deserve a spot on it's own in the CCL because Toronto always wins.

Only 1 MLS team has made it as far as Toronto did in the past 5 years.
If there was very a team who fluked into a semi-finals it was TFC. They qualified for that years CCL by Aron Winter pulling his players off the pitch in the 67th minute while the whitecaps were up 1-0. Game was rescheduled for the next morning in Toronto, Vancouver hadn't brought many players since they had games on the Saturday before and after.

YogiCanucks is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 12:49 PM
  #336
BAuldie
Registered User
 
BAuldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
If there was very a team who fluked into a semi-finals it was TFC. They qualified for that years CCL by Aron Winter pulling his players off the pitch in the 67th minute while the whitecaps were up 1-0. Game was rescheduled for the next morning in Toronto, Vancouver hadn't brought many players since they had games on the Saturday before and after.
And? They didn't fluke their way to the semi's of Concacaf.. I'm familiar with what happened.. I'm a Caps fan after all but you guys are all missing my point.

BAuldie is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 01:16 PM
  #337
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,741
vCash: 500
What happened with the Caps-TFC ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 01:37 PM
  #338
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 75,231
vCash: 50
What do people think the result will be tonight in the LA game? I'm thinking 3-1 LA.

Shrimper is online now  
Old
03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
  #339
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 13,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
What do people think the result will be tonight in the LA game? I'm thinking 3-1 LA.
LA should win, but playing in Costa Rica is no joke so I wouldn't be surprised to see LA lose.

Brock Anton is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 03:43 PM
  #340
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAuldie View Post
And? They didn't fluke their way to the semi's of Concacaf.. I'm familiar with what happened.. I'm a Caps fan after all but you guys are all missing my point.
actually.. yes they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
LA should win, but playing in Costa Rica is no joke so I wouldn't be surprised to see LA lose.
Herediano isn't that good. I would expect LA to send a fairly full-ish squad (because they get this weekend off) and come away with at least a draw

YogiCanucks is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 05:43 PM
  #341
BAuldie
Registered User
 
BAuldie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
actually.. yes they did.
Getting out of the prelim round, then the group stage with Tauro, Dallas and UNAM, beating LA in the qf home and home and then holding Santos to a 3-3 draw through the first game and a half of their set was not a fluke.

Say what you want about the incident with the Caps but that pitch was unplayable and Vancouver got another 1-0 lead in the replay before they let TFC run over them.

This is what the field was turning into all over:


BAuldie is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 09:30 PM
  #342
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 11,513
vCash: 500
Galaxy just got robbed. That was NOT offside.

Vamos Rafa is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 11:45 PM
  #343
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 13,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Galaxy just got robbed. That was NOT offside.
The PK Herediano were given late in the game was even worse. Justice was served when he hit the bar.

Brock Anton is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:02 AM
  #344
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon
 
kingsboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,478
vCash: 500
I would have gone crazy if we lost that game. Nothing hurts worse than having a ref robbed you blown calls.

Also, did any one else see the "offside" call on magee in the 1st half when clearly the Herediano defender headed it backward? Because that was one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

kingsboy11 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 01:42 PM
  #345
Cirris
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Crackport
Country: United States
Posts: 3,068
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsboy11 View Post
I would have gone crazy if we lost that game. Nothing hurts worse than having a ref robbed you blown calls.

Also, did any one else see the "offside" call on magee in the 1st half when clearly the Herediano defender headed it backward? Because that was one of the worst calls I have ever seen.
LOL, this is why Beckham would rather be a part timer for PSG and play in the real champions league instead of trying to deal with the crap that happens in Concacaf Crappy League.

I still remember the embarrassing offside call on Keane last year against Morelia.

These are the same refs that would ref world cup qualifiers. It's scary.

BTW, Herediano got screwed on an offside call as well. So it wasn't completely one sided.

Cirris is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:09 PM
  #346
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 13,353
vCash: 500
TFC sign Spurs MF John Bostock on loan until June.

Quote:
Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial
NEWS --> John Bostock has joined Major League Soccer side Toronto on loan until the end of June. #THFC #COYS

Brock Anton is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 02:24 PM
  #347
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,741
vCash: 500
Lots of loans for TFC.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 06:06 PM
  #348
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 13,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Lots of loans for TFC.
Looks like when his loan is up this summer, he's signing with TFC on a free.

Quote:
Luke Wileman ‏@LukeWileman
Ryan Nelsen says Bostock on loan til end of his Spurs contract in summer then becomes a TFC player

Brock Anton is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 06:52 PM
  #349
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAuldie View Post
Getting out of the prelim round, then the group stage with Tauro, Dallas and UNAM, beating LA in the qf home and home and then holding Santos to a 3-3 draw through the first game and a half of their set was not a fluke.

Say what you want about the incident with the Caps but that pitch was unplayable and Vancouver got another 1-0 lead in the replay before they let TFC run over them.

This is what the field was turning into all over:

Either you're exaggerating for effect or you don't remember correctly, there was one bad patch in the middle of the field. Winter pulled his players off the field, do you think he would have done that if they were up 1-0?

You also don't think it was kind of lucky that the recent MLS Champions had a run of bad play for a couple months in which TFC and LA squared off? And of course, as you know, a little later LA went on defend their title as the best team in the league.

YogiCanucks is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 01:44 PM
  #350
Brock Anton
Deal with it.
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 13,353
vCash: 500
Bad giveaway by Besler leads to Earnshaw's first MLS goal.

Brock Anton is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.