HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Football NFL, NCAA, CFL

NFL offseason News & Notes Thread (FA Frenzy 2k13)

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Also, where do you get this in regards to Smith and Charles?
They are getting rid of a guy who was primarily a physical run blocker and replacing him with a guy like Joeckel who is more agile but less punishing. Combine this with Reid's history and I don't think it's a stretch to assume that they will be planning to pass the ball more next year.

Old
03-08-2013, 06:48 PM
PanthersPens62
$325 Million Man

Richard Sherman matches wits with my man Skippy Bayless.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD View Post
Wallace would be a waste of money with Ponder. He brings value as a deep threat, value we couldn't capitalize on with Ponder's arm.

Ideally, we need a big-bodied WR who can catch in traffic. Vikes offense is set up to be run within 10 yards from the line.
Do we know Ponder can't go deep for sure though? We've had no one with the ability to get deep since he's been here.

From the sounds of it it's gonna be Vikings vs. Dolphins for Wallace. I expect him to end up in Miami though because Ross and Ireland are the type of Owner and GM who drive around in a Brinks Truck throwing money out the window.

Spielman will only pay the price is right, which is why we didn't sign Garcon last year. (Aside for that God awful Carlson contract. He must've been drunk and/or blackmailed.)

Old
03-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Wallace is going to get overpaid, he has some attitude concerns, he doesn't have the best hands, and we still don't know if Ponder can consistently throw deep. Ponder made some nice deep passes last season but he also missed badly on a bunch of them. Signing Wallace would be risky.

No matter what they do, it's going to be questioned and we don't know how it will work out. Giving Harvin a big contract, trading a talented player like Harvin for a pick, signing Wallace to a big contract, and drafting a receiver in the first round are all risks.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:14 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersPens62 View Post
Richard Sherman matches wits with my man Skippy Bayless.

I get a kick when someone shuts up Skip Bayless

Old
03-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
I get a kick when someone shuts up Skip Bayless
For once someone actually came off looking worse than Skip Bayless. Even people who can't stand Skip are criticizing Sherman for acting like a complete jackass.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:00 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

What's funny is that Sherman played right into Bayless' hands. Bayless basically gets paid to create incidents that people talk about, Sherman did his job for him and Bayless didn't even have to say anything controversial to get the effect.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
They are getting rid of a guy who was primarily a physical run blocker and replacing him with a guy like Joeckel who is more agile but less punishing. Combine this with Reid's history and I don't think it's a stretch to assume that they will be planning to pass the ball more next year.
That doesn't mean that Charles' role in the offense will diminish. Smith will check down to Charles when no one is open, and the defense against will have to play them more honest than they did over the past 2 years.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
For once someone actually came off looking worse than Skip Bayless. Even people who can't stand Skip are criticizing Sherman for acting like a complete jackass.
For a Stanford graduate, Sherman's logic in his arguments was flawed.

Bayless: "Are you better than Revis?"

Sherman: "I'm better than you...."

WTF?

Old
03-08-2013, 09:57 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
So I guess Richard Sherman is on Skip Bayless hate list along side Terrell Suggs, Aaron Rodgers, Lebron James, Russell Westbrook, etc, etc...

Old
03-09-2013, 12:41 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

The undisputed number one free agent signing of all time is Reggie White to the Green Bay Packers...

Me and a friend were wrestling who is number two...Deion Sanders to the Niners/Cowboys or Drew Brees to the Saints?

Either way, those are pretty much the top 3 of all time so far..

Old
03-09-2013, 09:23 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8675--nfl.html

The Atlanta Falcons have kept William Moore off the free agent market, agreeing to terms on an extension that will keep the Pro Bowl safety under contract for the next five seasons, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Financial terms of the extension were not disclosed

03-09-2013, 10:07 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
The undisputed number one free agent signing of all time is Reggie White to the Green Bay Packers...

Me and a friend were wrestling who is number two...Deion Sanders to the Niners/Cowboys or Drew Brees to the Saints?

Either way, those are pretty much the top 3 of all time so far..
Homer here, but I'd put Brees to the Saints ahead of Deion. Deion went to two teams who were already Super Bowl contenders. Those Cowboys won two without Deion, while the 49ers hedged their bets on him, but still could have won without him. They didn't, but they could have.

Reggie White and Drew Brees, in part, completely turned around both franchises. The Packers and Saints were both irrelevant before they showed up. The Packers only made the playoffs twice since Vince Lombardi left, while the Saints only had 1 playoff win, ever.

I also don't blame Richard Sherman. He only said what everyone else is thinking.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
This is surprising: Chargers are planning on using the low RFA tender on WR Danario Alexander, per source.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:26 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Chiefs signed Duanta Robinson to a three year deal

Old
03-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Yes, as the thread for that signing says.

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
The #Bills have re-signed CB/returner Leodis McKelvin to a four-year, $20M contract. Story being posted ASAP at @FOXSports.com

Old
03-09-2013, 11:51 AM
JCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck View Post
Do we know Ponder can't go deep for sure though? We've had no one with the ability to get deep since he's been here.
Yes. That we have not had a quality deep threat has nothing to do with Ponder's weak arm. We have two seasons of Ponder on the books, very obvious he has a noodle arm that will limit him to a short-passing game offense only. It was the knock on him coming out of college and has proven completely correct.

Knowing that Frazier has hooked his wagon to the Ponder express, we need to build around his limitations. This will be a dink-and-dunk offense, we need possession WRs.

Wallace is the antithesis of a possession WR.

Quote:
From the sounds of it it's gonna be Vikings vs. Dolphins for Wallace. I expect him to end up in Miami though because Ross and Ireland are the type of Owner and GM who drive around in a Brinks Truck throwing money out the window.
Let them have him. He will be overpaid. At least they have a big-armed QB that can make use of his skill. We don't.

Quote:
Spielman will only pay the price is right, which is why we didn't sign Garcon last year. (Aside for that God awful Carlson contract. He must've been drunk and/or blackmailed.)
Carlson was going to be a horrible bust, that was known from the first second. I hope the Carlson signing isn't a sign of things to come.

Vikes have a ton of holes to address. Last year may give the front office a false sense of security. Other than RB and TE, we need help on every single unit.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

bye bye James Harrison

Old
03-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Everyone always hated James Harrison for some reason

Maybe it was him saying he wouldn't go to the White House after the Steelers won the Super Bowl

Maybe it was his style of play

But damned if he wasn't a great Steeler linebacker

Old
03-09-2013, 12:09 PM
PanthersPens62
$325 Million Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Everyone always hated James Harrison for some reason

Maybe it was him saying he wouldn't go to the White House after the Steelers won the Super Bowl

Maybe it was his style of play

But damned if he wasn't a great Steeler linebacker
I never hated him. I can separate his off the field issues from what he did on it. And what he did on it was simply great. Thanks for many great years in a Steelers uniform James, you will be missed.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Nazem Bozak

I wish the cowboys had the cap space to go after Levitre. would help us a ton going into the draft.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Unholy Diver

Sorry to see James Harrison go, but it was pretty clear the end was near for him. Woodley better get his fat ass in shape this year or the Steelers are going to be in trouble at OLB

Old
03-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Harrison is on a sharp decline at this stage...but it's still hard to see him go. He'll always be one of my favorite players.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
03-09-2013, 03:27 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy Diver View Post
Sorry to see James Harrison go, but it was pretty clear the end was near for him. Woodley better get his fat ass in shape this year or the Steelers are going to be in trouble at OLB
Agreed. It is a draft priority for sure.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:31 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Harrison is on a sharp decline at this stage...but it's still hard to see him go. He'll always be one of my favorite players.
One of my all-time favorites as well. Tough to see him go but the pass rush on the team has been brutal the last couple years so time to get some fresh blood in there.

Closed Thread