HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers

Old
03-08-2013, 02:28 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeder9 View Post
No rumor I've heard of. I think it has more to do with the fact Nonis is looking for takers on the blueline before they bring him up. We have a lot of 5-6 dmen currently taking spots, plus Komi and Liles wasting in the pressbox. Numbers game I suppose. While I wouldn't mind Coburn I don't think they trade Gardiner just yet
I'll just say the fact that you guys have been winning without him. And he's in the AHL full time right now, yet he had 30 points and 75 games with the Leafs last year.

And it was this thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1370489

Like I said, just a rumor.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:28 PM
WTFetus

I want Lavi.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Teeder9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I'll just say the fact that you guys have been winning without him. And he's in the AHL full time right now, yet he had 30 points and 75 games with the Leafs last year.

And it was this thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1370489

Like I said, just a rumor.

I read that but it's Dreger. I like the guy, and he gets some stuff right, but I highly doubt any coach looks at the talent currently employed now and thinks a talent like Gardiner couldn't help. Seems ridiculous to me. Not sure how much if any of the Leafs you watch, but take in a game or two and tell me what you think of guys like Holtzer, Kostka, Fraser, and a slightly hurt Gunnarson and tell me a great skating, puck moving dman couldn't help. Holtzer and Fraser aren't terrible, one is a rookie and one is a 6 or 7 on most teams, including ours. I would seriously have to question Nonis if he allowed an asset like that to sit in the AHL because of Carlysle

Teeder9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Tripod

so far the there are 3 trade proposals from other fans. And in each one, they want Couturier. Yet Flyers fans say he is over rated and not worth much. Sellers at the deadline usually don't trade 20 year old Centers with #1-2 line upside.

How about Briere and a 2nd rounder....for Boston's 1st, 2nd and a prospect?

Last edited by Tripod: 03-08-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Flames rebuilder

Jerome Iginla
Mark Giordano
Mikael Backlund

For

Braydon + Luke Schenn

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:00 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Jerome Iginla
Mark Giordano
Mikael Backlund

For

Braydon + Luke Schenn
Please explain to me why this makes sense for a team building around youth for the future?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFish87 View Post
They should be shopping Briere and Coburn

no need to completely blow the team up and get rid of their young guys

Timonen has negative value with that contract, nobody will want him anyways

Timmonen currently is leading his team in On ice Corsi, while having 51.6% of his starts in the defensive zone and finishing in the offensive zone 50.8% of the time. Honestly I don't see the negative value and I would welcome him on my leafs team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
With the supposed rumor of that Carlyle isn't the biggest fan of Gardiner, how about Coburn for Gardiner + 2nd? Something around Coburn for Gardiner+ basically?
Link to this rumor because I read/listen to a lot of sports media and I NEVER heard this once. The problem has been we have 8 D currently up and only one who can be sent down without waivers (Holzer) and with Komo's NMC and their inability to send Liles, Fraser or Kostka down via it they are kind of forced to look for a deal. (Although I rather see Holzer go down because he is not ready nor will he be for top line minutes.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:09 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Phi-Tor: Braydon Coburn, phi 2nd in 2013 for Jake Gardiner
Phi-?: Sean Couturier, phi 1st in 2013(~7-10), Nick Cousins for top 2 pick (Seth Jones)
Phi-Bos: Daniel Briere for Bos 1st in 2013
Phi-Stl: Andrej Meszaros, Ruslan Fedotenko for 1st in 2013

Flyers give up:
Sean Couturier
Braydon Coburn
Daniel Briere
Andrej Meszaros
Ruslan Fedotenko
Nick Cousins
1st in 2013
2nd in 2013

Flyers get:
Top 2 pick (Seth Jones)
Jake Gardiner
1st (Stl)
1st (Bos)

Free agency:
-buyout Bryzgalov
-sign Corey Perry
-sign A, Jimmy Howard(unlikely) B, Anton Khudobin(most plausible) C, Niklas Backstrom(1-2 year deal)
-sign Ryan Clowe

Perry-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Schenn-Simmonds
Clowe-Laughton-Read
Rinaldo-Talbot-McGinn

Jones-Timonen
Schenn-Gardiner
Grossmann-Gustafsson/Manning

Howard/Khudobin/Backstrom

Last edited by orange is better: 03-08-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old
03-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Co Ho*

What would Philly be looking for in dealing Talbot?

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
What would Philly be looking for in dealing Talbot?
I think a jar of Peanut butter would get it done.... Lol probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder?

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Phi-Tor: Braydon Coburn, phi 2nd in 2013 for Jake Gardiner
Phi-?: Sean Couturier, phi 1st in 2013(~7-10), Nick Cousins for top 2 pick (Seth Jones)
Phi-Bos: Daniel Briere for Bos 1st in 2013
Phi-Stl: Andrej Meszaros, Ruslan Fedotenko for 1st in 2013

Flyers give up:
Sean Couturier
Braydon Coburn
Daniel Briere
Andrej Meszaros
Ruslan Fedotenko
Nick Cousins
1st in 2013
2nd in 2013

Flyers get:
Top 2 pick (Seth Jones)
Jake Gardiner
1st (Stl)
1st (Bos)

Free agency:
-buyout Bryzgalov
-sign Corey Perry
-sign A, Jimmy Howard(unlikely) B, Anton Khudobin(most plausible) C, Niklas Backstrom(1-2 year deal)
-sign Ryan Clowe

Perry-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Schenn-Simmonds
Clowe-Laughton-Read
Rinaldo-Talbot-McGinn

Jones-Timonen
Schenn-Gardiner
Grossmann-Gustafsson/Manning

Howard/Khudobin/Backstrom
Quite the imagination.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:47 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn Bros Pizza View Post
Quite the imagination.
I think it's pretty plausible actually, not that far fetched.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Quote:
I think it's pretty plausible actually, not that far fetched.
You think acquiring seth jones, corey perry, jimmy howard and clowe are plausible? Lol?

I also want no part of clowe.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:43 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
You think acquiring seth jones, corey perry, jimmy howard and clowe are plausible? Lol?

I also want no part of clowe.
No I mean the individual deals themselves aren't that far fetched. Being able to sign Howard as a FA is probably the least likely thing I posted, which is why I stated that in the actual posted. But each thing individually is decently plausible I think... But none of us are actually gms so being imaginative is kind of he point.

And I'm not too sure about close myself, but I think he could be good as a 3rd liner if given a fresh start somewhere else, but I'm not bonded to the idea of signing clowe or anything. We'd just need a 3rd line winger IMO under that circumstance.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:44 PM
lancer247

when the flyers traded Richards, Carter and Versteeg (to lesser extent) everyone knew they were taking a stepback for a year or two so why the rush to move young players, AGAIN.

The Flyers are an inconistent team. That's what happens when you have a hand full of 2nd year players (Schenn, Coots, Read, Rinaldo, Gustafson) and a few more 23 y/o guys that are being asked to take on added ressponsibility/be leaders (Giroux, L. Schenn, Simmonds, Voracek). This team needs to take its lumps and learn the hard lessons. Why trade young talent unless you are getting a shut down dman.

This team was expected to have Pronger, Kimo, Hartnell and Briere carry them while Bryz was solid in net. Give the young guys a couple of years to grow. Pronger had his career ended which shortened Kimo's career from over use, Briere can can only produce in spirts and Bryz is finally playing well but he can't cover all the mental mistakes the young guys are making.

Make a small move for a guy like Liles for a 3rd that won't kill you if you don't make the playoffs.

Don't Trade Coburn! Too many Flyers fans focus on what he can't do and miss the fact that the guy is big, fast, tough, doesn't miss games, plays 25 mins and ups his game in the playoffs. He has off nights but unless your name is Weber, Staal, Chara, or Suter who doesn't.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:46 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
You have me listening.
Gardiner for Couts.

I'd have to think about that deal. I like the Kadri-Couts 1-2 punch, but I also like the thought of a Phaneuf, Gardiner, Rielly top three.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:54 PM
TheMadHatTrick

Quote:
Players id consider for Couturier

John Carlson
Tyler Myers
Cam Fowler
Jake Gardiner
Ryan Murray
I think Gardiner for Couts is a fair deal valuewise, but it's a tough deal to make for both sides as I'm sure you value Couturier as much as we value Gardiner, but they would each fill a need for our respective teams, and we have Morgan Rielly who could be ready by next year.

TheMadHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:32 PM
TheLegendkiller

A trade I would do is Meszaros for Ben Bishop. Any Ottawa fans think this is good?

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:34 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
Gardiner for Couts.

I'd have to think about that deal. I like the Kadri-Couts 1-2 punch, but I also like the thought of a Phaneuf, Gardiner, Rielly top three.
I love Gardiner, but no. Id rather have Rielly. I wouldnt trade Couts for Gardiner.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:37 PM

vCash: 50
I'd build the team around Giroux, Voracek, Couturier and the Schenns.

I'd at least listen to offers on everyone else.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:42 PM
tade

I have no idea why you guys want to trade Briere just for 1st round pick of Boston or St. Louis (which won't be any high). Briere is likely one of the best play-off performer of all NHL players which makes him much more value than 1st round pick for contending team. He's also playing decent in this regular season 21 GP and 13 P he's just not so good defensively but still he's worth more than BOS/STL 1st round pick.

Play-off numbers overall: 108 GP, 109 P, 20 PPG, 13 GWG
Play-off numbers for Flyers: 68 GP, 72 P, 14 PPG, 9 GWG
Some really crazy numbers and points.

This shows he's worth way more than just unproven prospects and draft picks.
He really deserves to win Stanley Cup as nobody other in NHL and I still hope it's going to be with Flyers.

Also trading Talbot makes no sense for Philly he's very good third line shutdown and PK player, very useful in play-offs. Feds hasn't any good value for potential trading and he will stay in Philly untill he's UFA in summer. He might be good for us if we make play-offs just like Talbot.
Braydon Coburn is another page I'm disappointed of his play in this season, I'd probably use him in some trade.
Sean Couturier should stay untouchable as well as Brayden Schenn. If I should move some of our high prospects I'd move Laughton. There isn't place for him on center -> Giroux - Schenn - Couturier. And then we have Nick Cousins who is C too. He might move on wing if he makes the team, I think. He's going to be for us more useful than Laughton in my opinion, currently leading OHL in points If I'm right.

So Braydon Coburn + Scott Laughton for?

tade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Can Coburn and/or Meszaros play the right side well? Like just as well as the left side or better?

And can Read play center well? Is he good on draws?

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:54 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Can Coburn and/or Meszaros play the right side well? Like just as well as the left side or better?

Coburn plays mostly on the right side

Old
03-08-2013, 08:57 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tade View Post
I have no idea why you guys want to trade Briere just for 1st round pick of Boston or St. Louis (which won't be any high). Briere is likely one of the best play-off performer of all NHL players which makes him much more value than 1st round pick for contending team. He's also playing decent in this regular season 21 GP and 13 P he's just not so good defensively but still he's worth more than BOS/STL 1st round pick.

Play-off numbers overall: 108 GP, 109 P, 20 PPG, 13 GWG
Play-off numbers for Flyers: 68 GP, 72 P, 14 PPG, 9 GWG
Some really crazy numbers and points.

This shows he's worth way more than just unproven prospects and draft picks.
He really deserves to win Stanley Cup as nobody other in NHL and I still hope it's going to be with Flyers.

Also trading Talbot makes no sense for Philly he's very good third line shutdown and PK player, very useful in play-offs. Feds hasn't any good value for potential trading and he will stay in Philly untill he's UFA in summer. He might be good for us if we make play-offs just like Talbot.
Braydon Coburn is another page I'm disappointed of his play in this season, I'd probably use him in some trade.
Sean Couturier should stay untouchable as well as Brayden Schenn. If I should move some of our high prospects I'd move Laughton. There isn't place for him on center -> Giroux - Schenn - Couturier. And then we have Nick Cousins who is C too. He might move on wing if he makes the team, I think. He's going to be for us more useful than Laughton in my opinion, currently leading OHL in points If I'm right.

So Braydon Coburn + Scott Laughton for?
Laughton will be better than Cousins. His skillset is a lot more likely to transfer to the NHL. Ive been saying since last year I trade Couturier before I trade Schenn everytime. Schenn will be the better player and Couts could get us a very solid young dman right now. Id only trade him if its a good deal.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:59 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post

Asking for Read is a non-starter with most Flyers fans unless you're willing to pay out the ass.

His contract, versatility, and two way game are what we're looking for. I wouldn't trade him unless you overpaid.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote