Notices

Perry and Getzlaf talks to start

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 06:45 PM
gradeAducksfan

vCash: 500
Selanne... should come back and hit those top 10 all time lists 1 more year

Nope... I love Teemu but not another year. OK fine but only for 2 million.

Old
03-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Ramenbot

I kind of get the sense Perry wants out, or at least wants to hit the open market. He and Getzlaf now are like the two childhood friends from a small town. They've grown up together (the draft), played together (on the same line), lost their virginity together (2007), but now that they're grown up they want different things.

Getzlaf married his local-girl sweetheart and wants to stay and invest in the family gardening business, but Perry thinks he can get bigger and better things heading off for the big city. And as much as Getzy wants to keep his buddy around, he knows that they aren't kids anymore; they're adults, with different values. Getzlaf chooses to stay, raise a family, and open the biggest orange orchard that town has ever seen. Perry goes off to Canada to try his hand at raising and selling trees. And that's how Corey's Toronto Maple Leaves opens for business.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

If Perry leaves ANA, the last place I expect to see him sign is TOR.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Paul4587

Yeah I can see Ottawa but not Toronto. Toronto would be wise to go after a centre anyway if there are any available.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Dreger now on NHL Live saying GM's are telling him Perry will command 9-10M.

That's stupid money. He's not good enough to command that. Nobody not named Crosby or Malkin is. You can make a case for Stamkos but I don't think he's worth 10 either.
People would have been if it hadn't been for all the tagging nonsense. We have to remember that we're coming out of an era where nearly every one of the best had phantom cap hits.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Dirk316

The team has virtually no chance at signing in their prime superstar ufa so I have no problem paying perry 9mill
A dominant first line and an ok nothing special 2nd line > 2 2nd lines as top 2 lines

Old
03-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
People would have been if it hadn't been for all the tagging nonsense. We have to remember that we're coming out of an era where nearly every one of the best had phantom cap hits.
I mean as a percentage of cap hit. If a player wants to be taking up 1/6 of the cap they need to be able to break 50 goals and/or 110 points every year IMO. Perry can't.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:35 PM
tANNERRRR54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramenbot View Post
I kind of get the sense Perry wants out, or at least wants to hit the open market. He and Getzlaf now are like the two childhood friends from a small town. They've grown up together (the draft), played together (on the same line), lost their virginity together (2007), but now that they're grown up they want different things.

Getzlaf married his local-girl sweetheart and wants to stay and invest in the family gardening business, but Perry thinks he can get bigger and better things heading off for the big city. And as much as Getzy wants to keep his buddy around, he knows that they aren't kids anymore; they're adults, with different values. Getzlaf chooses to stay, raise a family, and open the biggest orange orchard that town has ever seen. Perry goes off to Canada to try his hand at raising and selling trees. And that's how Corey's Toronto Maple Leaves opens for business.
Hahahaha I enjoyed that
I don't see Perry wanting to play for a big market team, though. He seems too shy and quiet, and would wish to stay away from reporters, etc. as much as possible.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:06 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Did you guys catch what Perry said?

As per Eric Stephens

That doesn't sound good...
He left out this part
Quote:
It helps when you know he’s going to be here for a long time. It could definitely have a factor on my decision.”
Perry isn't going to give up his leverage. now if he wants more than Getzy that could be an issue

Old
03-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
If Perry leaves ANA, the last place I expect to see him sign is TOR.
Can I ask why you feel that way?

Old
03-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Ottawa has:

- Tons of cap space without any real glaring needs or re-signings other then a 1st line winger and maybe a D man.

- Not incredibly far from his hometown and off-season home and family

- Marc Methot... who is good friends with Perry and won a Memorial cup together

- A top line Center to play with

- Familiarity with Bryan Murray being the one who drafted him.

Now... if we have to acquire him at the deadline.... what does it take?

Old
03-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
I think they'll be looking for a centre.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:19 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Apart from Point 2, I don't see any of the rest having much of an influence on Perry's decision.

And agree with the above, Ducks probably will look for a center. We have some decent wing prospects and can look towards FA to somewhat get a decent winger.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Can I ask why you feel that way?
Sure. It's pretty well know he likes his privacy. He's not comfortable in a huge fishbowl like TOR would be. The press in TOR would have eaten him alive for his slow start this year. Around here he only caught crap on HF.

I (and many others) don't see him wanting that notoriety.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:12 AM
DigitalSea
#50in15

vCash: 50
Quote:

/thread.

Best explanation ever.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:37 AM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
- Familiarity with Bryan Murray being the one who drafted him.
And also the one who traded him, until Lowe screwed it all up. Ottawa fans always seem to forget that part.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:51 AM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:

Coming this fall to NBC.....

Old
03-09-2013, 05:13 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:

Haha, how did you even come up with that?

Old
03-09-2013, 05:31 AM
Exit Dose

Eklund wrote this yesterday:
"Since it has been years since I could lead with the Habs and Leafs both as buyers, I figured I should jump at the opportunity! I have heard rumblings surrounding the Leafs and several players. The most interesting of course being Ryan Getzlaf. With the Ducks playing so well it is hard to imagine they will make a move at all, but when I talk to people in the know they tell me that Cory Perry is the player more likely to remain in Anaheim next season and that Getzlaf is very much "on the fence."

Old
03-09-2013, 05:52 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
"Since it has been years since I could lead with the Habs and Leafs both as buyers, I figured I should jump at the opportunity! I have heard rumblings surrounding the Leafs and several players. The most interesting of course being Ryan Getzlaf. With the Ducks playing so well it is hard to imagine they will make a move at all, but when I talk to people in the know they tell me that Cory Perry is the player more likely to remain in Anaheim next season and that Getzlaf is very much "on the fence."
Wow he's just the worst

Old
03-09-2013, 06:06 AM
Unagi

Quote:
I wonder if he just mixed up the names or he just trolled himself right there. Either way...what a tool. He should limit himself to Flyers gossip and news, he seems to have legit sources there. But anywhere else he could just be an average HF poster looking for hits on his website.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:03 AM
pesko

I don't really understand why people pay any attention to Eklund anymore.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:08 AM
The Mighty Duck
#9 all the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesko View Post
I don't really understand why people pay any attention to Eklund anymore.
+1

Old
03-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Dreger now on NHL Live saying GM's are telling him Perry will command 9-10M.

That's stupid money. He's not good enough to command that. Nobody not named Crosby or Malkin is. You can make a case for Stamkos but I don't think he's worth 10 either.
That's stupid money. Let me guess he wants 8 years with a NMC as well. No way ill pass on that if he's commanding more than 8.5. Not even Crosby is getting 9-10m a season right now.

Like I said previously Getz is setting the tone for UFAs with this signing. Most agents will use the Getz signing as leverage in the near future.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
The team has virtually no chance at signing in their prime superstar ufa so I have no problem paying perry 9mill
A dominant first line and an ok nothing special 2nd line > 2 2nd lines as top 2 lines
9 mil? Not even the best players in the league are getting paid that. You currently have Crosby sitting at 8.7? Are you comparing Perry to Crosby now?

Closed Thread