HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

What would Wings want for Kronwall from MTL

Old
07-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Pax Macioretty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
The more I think about this, the more I wonder what the point of this was.

Even if you didn't know that you'd get a lot of "Detroit can't afford to trade their only good, young D-man"... well, look at what you're offering:

A top 6 goalscoring forward, a top-4 Dman and essentially 2 first rounders. Of course that wasn't a package, but it's all relatively higher-end assets (despite the lack of respect given to Montreal players). Since you didn't say anything like pick one and something small in addition... 2.I'll assume that I can pick 2 or 3 of those assets. Which could actually be an awful lot.

So what was the point? ... You wanted a high potential defenseman whose value was low... but instead of expecting a bargain... you seem to be ready to pay the price for an established, veteran, offensive defenseman. Why not just make an offer for one?
Why not make an proposal to a team who could use one of Montreal's million 2nd line wingers/winger prospects?
a player like Kronwall, a future PP QB, is an asset that Montreal doesn't have at all, except maybe Carle, but no way does he have Kronwall's potential.... we're in need of a good future offensive Dmen and Kronwall is someone i like ALOT, seriously i don't think i'd mind that much even if it means to give up Latendresse if we have too, even if it hurts just mentioninig his name in a trade

2.Those guys we're an example, but i think that Chip, Ryder and a 2nd or Abeisher since Detroit has no no.1 goalie would be fair no? although good he's no Phaneuf or Johnson...

Pax Macioretty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 10:41 PM
sarcastro

From Detroit's end, I'd ask for Komisarek and Latendresse. They'd need a physical blueliner in return, and they'd want either a top-shelf goalie or a good young power forward.

I think Kronwall has superstar potential and could be a PPG player who hits like a Mack truck. But, he also has the potential to suffer more injuries and at this time the Wings are deep in PP QB defensemen. So, for the right deal, IE a young bruising defenseman and a young talented power forward, I'd think about it.

That would give the Wings two young players for one, it would address an immediate need for size on the blueline, and hopefully GL could step into the lineup soon and become the big goal scoring winger they need.

If I'm the Habs, I don't think I like that deal much. But them's the breaks.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 10:45 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
From Detroit's end, I'd ask for Komisarek and Latendresse. They'd need a physical blueliner in return, and they'd want either a top-shelf goalie or a good young power forward.

I think Kronwall has superstar potential and could be a PPG player who hits like a Mack truck. But, he also has the potential to suffer more injuries and at this time the Wings are deep in PP QB defensemen. So, for the right deal, IE a young bruising defenseman and a young talented power forward, I'd think about it.

That would give the Wings two young players for one, it would address an immediate need for size on the blueline, and hopefully GL could step into the lineup soon and become the big goal scoring winger they need.

If I'm the Habs, I don't think I like that deal much. But them's the breaks.

That would be a good deal for Detroit and thats what it would take to get Kronwall too. Thats why I dont see why Montreal would want Kronwall that badly.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Coffey77

Kronwall, along with Zetterberg are the 2 untouchables on Detroit. Well, not untouchable but you would have to overpay to the point where it wouldn't make sense for the other team.

I don't like Aebischer. He's an ok goalie but not worth trading Kronwall for him. Detroit's not going anywhere this season anyway so I'd hope the Wings won't trade their kids away and actually play some of them (Hudler, Kopecky etc.) .

IMHO, unless the goalie coming in is significantly better than Osgood/Howard than the Wings should consider. Eg. Luongo is someone who is way better than what the Wings have now.

Coffey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 10:49 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoz19 View Post
You know it might be a lot, but look at the the age of Detroit's defense.
I know that if somebody REALLY wants Kronwall... but there are a lot of other fish and by my count; some 28 other seas to find them in. No team should pay a premium because they want to further deplete a weak area of another team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great! View Post
a player like Kronwall, a future PP QB, is an asset that Montreal doesn't have at all, except maybe Carle, but no way does he have Kronwall's potential.... we're in need of a good future offensive Dmen and Kronwall is someone i like ALOT, seriously i don't think i'd mind that much even if it means to give up Latendresse if we have too, even if it hurts just mentioninig his name in a trade

2.Those guys we're an example, but i think that Chip, Ryder and a 2nd or Abeisher since Detroit has no no.1 goalie would be fair no? although good he's no Phaneuf or Johnson...
Then sign him as a UFA in 2 years. Or sign somebody else. Wait for Carle or Fischer.
Sign Leetch, Dempsey, Tarnstrom, Slegr, Wooley. Heck, sign Filip Novak... I can't understand why he hasn't signed with somebody yet.

Don't trade anything of significant value for a player who is both unproven and two years away from UFA. Add in the fact that he is a scarce commodity on his team, thus increasing their demands.

Chipchura, Ryder and a 2nd? ... Who's that package for? ... Rafalski?
Trade for an established, veteran, offensive D-man if that's your offer.

trentmccleary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Coffey77

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
I know that if somebody REALLY wants Kronwall... but there are a lot of other fish and by my count; some 28 other seas to find them in. No team should pay a premium because they want to further deplete a weak area of another team.

Then sign him as a UFA in 2 years. Or sign somebody else. Wait for Carle or Fischer.
Sign Leetch, Dempsey, Tarnstrom, Slegr, Wooley. Heck, sign Filip Novak... I can't understand why he hasn't signed with somebody yet.

Don't trade anything of significant value for a player who is both unproven and two years away from UFA. Add in the fact that he is a scarce commodity on his team, thus increasing their demands.

Chipchura, Ryder and a 2nd? ... Who's that package for? ... Rafalski?
Trade for an established, veteran, offensive D-man if that's your offer.
That offer may work for Rafalski depending on how negotiations go with Hale, Martin and Gionta.

Coffey77 is offline   Reply With Quote