HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corey Perry [Read the OP!]

Old
03-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Wizeman*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
TEEMU SELANNE

On if Getzlafís contract will have any effect on Corey Perry: ďI hope so. A lot of times, when you find somebody to play with who has so much chemistry like Getzy and Perry, for me, it would be crazy to go somewhere else when you have almost everything you really need. You have a franchise who really wants to win, who treats players so well. You have an unbelievable hockey player to play with. I can see why this place could be a happy place for both of them for a long, long time. Thatís not me. Itís up to them. But Iíd like to see Corey Perry to do the same thing, but thatís only my opinion.Ē

Listen to the hall of famer perry, do whats right! Look what happened to kariya once he left teemu
I am going to throw my hat in with this. My initial reaction was they chose to keep Getzlaff but if the cap continues to skyrocket they can afford both.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:19 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

Eugene just called me, I am off to the bank in a brinks truck and headed for Anaheim.

2CHAINZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Chacal667

somewhere between 6 and 7,5 per season, but I can't say the number of years

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:28 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
somewhere between 6 and 7,5 per season, but I can't say the number of years
At that money? One year.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
At that money? One year.
mmh i just saw the deal with Getzlaf, so i'm far from the reality with my 6 - 7,5..

Anyway I hope that he stay with the Ducks, I just can't see him in another jersey

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:55 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descendent View Post
I think the Flyers are the favorite if he leaves the Ducks.
Based on what exactly?

Old
03-08-2013, 07:05 PM
VanBrett

Perry signs 5 years, 39.125M with the Red Wings. AAV of 7.825. That means he joins the top 10 of highest NHL salaries for this year, with Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, and E. Staal being the only players with higher figures per year. Perry gets closer to family, gets the payment, and adds another dimension to an already solid team.

VanBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:13 PM
mich25

Perry is high demand. 7.825 mil might be what he's worth right now, but IMO he will easily get more especially from a team that has a lot of cap space. He may be willing to take a little less than what he can get though if he goes to a team that is a contender or built to be one for a few years...and if that's the case I think it's somewhere between 8-8.5 mil/yr but if wants more than he will get it from someone.

mich25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descendent View Post
I think the Flyers are the favorite if he leaves the Ducks.
Not a chance. 9-10 for Perry, then Giroux, Schnn and Couturier RFA the next year? That's just begging for offer sheets

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:33 PM
VanBrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
Perry is high demand. 7.825 mil might be what he's worth right now, but IMO he will easily get more especially from a team that has a lot of cap space. He may be willing to take a little less than what he can get though if he goes to a team that is a contender or built to be one for a few years...and if that's the case I think it's somewhere between 8-8.5 mil/yr but if wants more than he will get it from someone.
Sadly, I agree. I said AAV of 7.825 because that's what he deserves, but teams will throw out ridiculous figures. With that being said, look at the career numbers, between Parise and Perry.

Parise
-0.81 PPG
-+/- +55
-189 PIMS
-214 hits

Perry
-0.81 PPG
-+/- +47
-688 PIMS
-244 hits

These guys have amazing similar numbers, but Perry can hurt your team with penalties, and, this is my opinion, Parise is the better two-way player and leader. I don't know why a team should pay Perry any MORE than Parise.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Theridion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanBrett View Post
Sadly, I agree. I said AAV of 7.825 because that's what he deserves, but teams will throw out ridiculous figures. With that being said, look at the career numbers, between Parise and Perry.

Parise
-0.81 PPG
-+/- +55
-189 PIMS
-214 hits

Perry
-0.81 PPG
-+/- +47
-688 PIMS
-244 hits

These guys have amazing similar numbers, but Perry can hurt your team with penalties, and, this is my opinion, Parise is the better two-way player and leader. I don't know why a team should pay Perry any MORE than Parise.
Perrys penalties are part of his charm. His slow skating and falling after every pass or shot are also charming features.

Im not hating in perry, but theres more to players than just a couple stats. Of course.

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:40 PM
tfong

Quote:

Parise
-0.81 PPG
-+/- +55
-189 PIMS
-214 hits

Perry
-0.81 PPG
-+/- +47
-688 PIMS
-244 hits

Cuz one player has a hart trophy and rocket and a cup and the other doesn't.

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:41 PM
VanBrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theridion View Post
Perrys penalties are part of his charm. His slow skating and falling after every pass or shot are also charming features.

Im not hating in perry, but theres more to players than just a couple stats. Of course.
Again, I agree. But have you watched both players play? My opinion is that Parise is the better of the two, if they are not even, as they both have they're own bright spots, meaning that Perry should get equal to, or even less, than Parise recieved. I know that he will get more than 7.5 AAV, but he shouldn't get much more.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:44 PM
VanBrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Cuz one player has a hart trophy and rocket and a cup and the other doesn't.
Point taken, but how much more does that mean he should get?

Old
03-08-2013, 07:55 PM
firstemperor

Quote:
Again, I agree. But have you watched both players play? My opinion is that Parise is the better of the two, if they are not even, as they both have they're own bright spots, meaning that Perry should get equal to, or even less, than Parise recieved. I know that he will get more than 7.5 AAV, but he shouldn't get much more.
I think Perry's a lot better than Parise for one...might just be me.

firstemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Hammerheart
Now how about a hug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
I feel like Perry will get 8 over 8 from ANA and Bobby Ryan will be traded
That's probably what will most likely happen. And I think Detroit will be gunning hard for Bobby.

Hammerheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Although LA would be a great place for Perry to play, I don't think it can happen, even though we could make the cap room even after the cap drops.

First, why leave Anaheim at all just to go to LA? I thought he wanted to be like Parise and move across the country and be close to home. LA is like 1 hour away from Anaheim.

And wait til Lombardi starts talking about choosing one or the other, term vs. salary, getting paid less because he's a winger and no NTC/NMC. I doubt LA can be in the running. Some fool GM will overpay him. Washington could be interesting...

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:49 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
That's probably what will most likely happen. And I think Detroit will be gunning hard for Bobby.
I just dont think theres a possibility if him resinging in anaheim. Hes gone in my eyes, and if bobby ryan is on trade block I bet flyers land him. The interest is obvious, and ive read multiple sources that the flyers thought they had a deal completed for him at the draft last year. The pieces were never mentioned though.

I hope flyers can get perry this year or bobby in 2015 when hes a free agent. I think if bobby hits UFA its pretty safe to assume he'd choose philly over anybody else at this point in his career.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:55 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

If Perry is gone after this season, the Ducks are gonna do what they can to keep Ryan. I guarantee you that much. Palmieri could take the sting out of losing Perry, but we're not gonna let Ryan go to FA especially with Selanne retiring soon. Any contradictory thoughts are delusions.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

What ever it is... I hope it's with the sens... He would be LETHAL with Spezza and Karlsson.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:02 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Mikhail Grabovski (5years @ 5.5m)
Toronto's 1st round pick

Toronto pays Perry 70m over 8 years

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
maybe someday, but not yet. 24 games at 0.5ppg doesnt really put him in the same category as spezza (or what he's used to, getzlaf), no matter how much potential he has right now.
It wont take long for Galchenyuk. For a year or two, i'm sure he could settle on the right side of Paciorretty and Desharnais, Cole got 35 goals out of that position.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:11 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
If Perry is gone after this season, the Ducks are gonna do what they can to keep Ryan. I guarantee you that much. Palmieri could take the sting out of losing Perry, but we're not gonna let Ryan go to FA especially with Selanne retiring soon. Any contradictory thoughts are delusions.
Youd know more than me seeing as youre a ducks fan but it comes off as bobby ryan seeming to always be pissed at the ducks. His comments this summer was a clear indication, and i feel if given the chance to walk in 2 summers he will. If given a contract offer in seasons before that he could use typical wait till the last season on his contract to talk extension then walk. This is all speculation of what could happen with him, it happens with plenty of players.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:21 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

He will get 7.5 to 8 for about 6-9 years IMO

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:

Parise
-0.81 PPG
-+/- +55
-189 PIMS
-214 hits

Perry
-0.81 PPG
-+/- +47
-688 PIMS
-244 hits

Taken from last season....

Corey Perry

Corsi Rel QOC: 0.905
On Ice Corsi: 7.60
Corsi Relative: 15.9
On Ice Save %: 90.4%
Offensive Zone Starts: 48.6%
Offensive Zone Finishes: 52.1%

Zach Parise

Corsi Rel QOC: 0.731
On Ice Corsi: 3.22
Corsi Relative: 4.2
On Ice Save %: 89.8%
Offensive Zone Starts: 54.2%
Offensive Zone Finishes: 53.7%

Perry goes against the tougher players than Parise. Has a much higher Corsi Relative and On ice than Parise while getting far less starts in the offensive zone and Perry has a better chance of finishing his shift in the offensive zone. On top of that he has the higher On Ice Save %. Honestly I think Perry is the better two way player. (Also this was stats from when Parise was in New Jersey playing a defensive heavy system. Unlike Perry.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote