Old
03-08-2013, 01:00 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
awesome feature!

Really hope we get Jagr inked for at least one more year, love having him in big D. Love watching him!

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:10 AM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Stars View Post
awesome feature!

Really hope we get Jagr inked for at least one more year, love having him in big D. Love watching him!
I agree I hope Jagr is kept until he decides to retire.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:21 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
I agree I hope Jagr is kept until he decides to retire.
Really hope so too. I think he enjoy it here as well, it be awesome to have him for another year or two! He looks so good in a Stars uni

Also really doubt if Jagr wants to continue playing that he wants to keep moving to different cities. He looks comfortable here, he's mentioned it's fun playing with the guys we have so why would he leave? Only way I see him leaving is if he wants to retire or Nieuwy lets him walk (hope he doesn't decide to let him walk but I could see it happening unfortunately). And now with the realignment the Stars will be travelling less so if Jagr didn't like the fact that if he stays with us he has to deal with the travel that is now out the window.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Xegiie

don't forget he liked playing with Flyers too, till someone decided to put him to 2nd line and not to put him on PP, Laviolette? i say Failviolette

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:36 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
don't forget he liked playing with Flyers too, till someone decided to put him to 2nd line and not to put him on PP, Laviolette? i say Failviolette
True but when he was with the Flyers he was considered to be a complementary player as to with us he is part of the solution. We shall see I guess

Old
03-08-2013, 01:41 AM
________

Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Stars View Post
Nieuwy lets him walk (hope he doesn't decide to let him walk but I could see it happening unfortunately
Only way I can see this happening is if Jagr does terrible for the rest of the season or something to that extent. Only other possible issue is a multi-year deal, which I don't think Jagr would want anyway.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:29 AM
Czech Your Math

"I think we are probably at 30 percent of where we can play [at]," Jagr said of his chemistry with Benn. "I think we've got a long way. We can get a lot better. Obviously I play a different style of the game than he's probably used to. It's tough for me at my age to change. I can't dump and chase. I'm not fast for that, so I like to keep the pucks. He has to, a little bit, adjust. I know it's not his game, but so far he's doing a good job."

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:53 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Only problem with keeping him is that the top 6 is full, then. Benn, Eriksson, Jagr, Whitney, Cole, Roy/Eakin.

I'm fine with it, but considering we are on a prospects' forum, a lot of people probably won't be.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Only problem with keeping him is that the top 6 is full, then. Benn, Eriksson, Jagr, Whitney, Cole, Roy/Eakin.

I'm fine with it, but considering we are on a prospects' forum, a lot of people probably won't be.
I would rather create the logjam. If the kids are as good as hoped, they will win their spots in the top six. The Stars can make room through trades.

It's a great problem to have and so very different than recent seasons where there were not enough quality forwards to fill the top six.

Troy McClure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:02 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

^^

Not to mention there will always be injuries so having a sure top 6 crop of forwards + rookies like R.Smith, Eakin, Fraser etc who are ready to jump in on the top 6 action at anytime is reassuring.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:56 PM
jagrgodr

omg guys get ready for #salutewatch. Morrow could possibly induce the salute out of jagr. He has 4 goals in the last 3 games so who knows, we could see it! I am guessing all the young guys in philly joked about the salute or asked him to do it so this could be the start of it.

Quote:
"I think the only thing we miss is we'd like to see the salute come out once in a while," Morrow said. "He's been shy with it this year."

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
"I think we are probably at 30 percent of where we can play [at]," Jagr said of his chemistry with Benn. "I think we've got a long way. We can get a lot better. Obviously I play a different style of the game than he's probably used to. It's tough for me at my age to change. I can't dump and chase. I'm not fast for that, so I like to keep the pucks. He has to, a little bit, adjust. I know it's not his game, but so far he's doing a good job."
yea, so he just confirmed what i thought .... Benn doesn't fit to Jagr at all, all Jagr goals are from deflections from goalies - just a luck pretty much, Benn doesnt make passes at all in offenzive zone, he just go to the net, i dont say its always bad, but with someone like Jagr... what a waste

i'd rather see Eriksson,Eakin, Jagr
you don't really want make Jagr play something else, you want to let him play what worked for him for over 35 years

Last edited by Xegiie: 03-08-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old
03-08-2013, 06:53 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
yea, so he just confirmed what i thought .... Benn doesn't fit to Jagr at all, all Jagr goals are from deflections from goalies - just a luck pretty much, Benn doesnt make passes at all in offenzive zone, he just go to the net, i dont say its always bad, but with someone like Jagr... what a waste

you don't really want make Jagr play something else, you want to let him play what worked for him for over 35 years
Did you see Jagr's PP goal last night. Nice pass from Benn.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:55 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:

No offense, but do you even watch the Stars games? I'm sure its hard in Czech Republic, but your analysis is way off base.

Also I know this may be hard for some of you Jagr-only followers to understand... but its not all about Jagr you know? Jagr's scored a ton of goals off great passes from Benn. The issue is more that Jagr hasn't been feeding Benn well because Benn hasn't been open like Jagr wants him to be. His quote has nothing to do with Jagr's production, he's not complaining about Benn not making passes to him. He's saying Benn isn't in place for Jagr to pass to because Benn's still figuring out how Jagr plays.

The fact you took that quote as Benn not being a good compliment to Jagr's goal scoring just shows how ridiculous it is for someone who's not even a fan of the team to judge things off quotes alone.

MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Czech Your Math

I don't think Jagr was complaining, he's just saying that Benn is still learning how to play with Jagr and that aren't close to as good as they could be with more time together. That makes sense, as there was almost no training camp, and Benn missed 5 games before he was signed. So they have 17 games together, and even some of those Benn was rusty after just joining the team and not playing in a while. It's hardly a surprise that they are yet to really hit their stride together. As Jagr said, he isn't going to change his style, which has been successful for two decades in the NHL. It's up to Benn to learn how to play that style and adjust his game, fair or not. It's no slight to Benn, but I'm pretty sure Jagr would rather play with "B" players who can play his style, than with "A" players who do not. That's why he couldn't play with Gomez, because he would rush the puck up at full speed every time and had no patience.

I don't think they are holding each other back. If anyone is holding the line back, it would be Morrow when he plays on that line.

Wow, some of you are pretty testy, given how well this team has done. I think many are still expecting this team to collapse in the second half, as they have often done in recent years. No, it's not all about Jagr, and he's no longer the player he was in his prime, but I've seen/heard this all before during his last two years with the Rangers. Everyone complains around mid-season that Jagr isn't playing exceptionally well and then he steps it up and does what's necessary to get the team into the playoffs. What I really like about this team is that they have both secondary scoring and good goaltending. The Flyers had secondary scoring, but the goaltending was not as good, nor as consistent. The Rangers had goaltending, but no secondary scoring (they often didn't really even have a good second line, nevermind third line).

I think this team has a very good chance at making the playoffs, and while I would hardly label them a "contender", I don't think anyone will really look forward to playing them, and they could make some noise in the playoffs.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:36 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
I don't think Jagr was complaining, he's just saying that Benn is still learning how to play with Jagr and that aren't close to as good as they could be with more time together. That makes sense, as there was almost no training camp, and Benn missed 5 games before he was signed. So they have 17 games together, and even some of those Benn was rusty after just joining the team and not playing in a while. It's hardly a surprise that they are yet to really hit their stride together. As Jagr said, he isn't going to change his style, which has been successful for two decades in the NHL. It's up to Benn to learn how to play that style and adjust his game, fair or not. It's no slight to Benn, but I'm pretty sure Jagr would rather play with "B" players who can play his style, than with "A" players who do not. That's why he couldn't play with Gomez, because he would rush the puck up at full speed every time and had no patience.

I don't think they are holding each other back. If anyone is holding the line back, it would be Morrow when he plays on that line.

Wow, some of you are pretty testy, given how well this team has done. I think many are still expecting this team to collapse in the second half, as they have often done in recent years. No, it's not all about Jagr, and he's no longer the player he was in his prime, but I've seen/heard this all before during his last two years with the Rangers. Everyone complains around mid-season that Jagr isn't playing exceptionally well and then he steps it up and does what's necessary to get the team into the playoffs. What I really like about this team is that they have both secondary scoring and good goaltending. The Flyers had secondary scoring, but the goaltending was not as good, nor as consistent. The Rangers had goaltending, but no secondary scoring (they often didn't really even have a good second line, nevermind third line).

I think this team has a very good chance at making the playoffs, and while I would hardly label them a "contender", I don't think anyone will really look forward to playing them, and they could make some noise in the playoffs.
I don't like when people complain that Benn/Jagr have no chemistry while making a statement that hints they don't really watch the games. Call Jagr's goals all "luck" diminishes the playmaking Jamie has done to feed Jagr. Even if Jamie hasn't quite figured out where to be when playing with Jagr, doesn't mean they have no chemistry.

Xegiee was acting like Benn's lack of familiarity was holding Jagr's production back, when really it's the exact opposite.

Last edited by MetalGodAOD: 03-08-2013 at 08:44 PM.
MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
all Jagr goals are from deflections from goalies
What?

1st vs Phoenix - Eriksson pass led to a breakaway.
2nd vs Phoenix - Tip to him from the defender blocking a shot, perfectly roofed.
3rd vs Edmonton - Completely on his own, no deflection at all.
4th vs Edmonton - Daley pass blocked by defender, Jagr picks it up and swings it home from the slot.
5th vs San Jose - Perfect pass from Benn
6th vs Edmonton - Puck tipped off Goligoski's stick in the slot, Jagr one times it home.
7th vs St. Louis - Perfect pass from Roy
8th vs Los Angeles - Perfect pass from Benn
9th vs Los Angeles - Benn shot deflected off Quick and right to him.

Don't get how you come up with that analysis at all.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:58 AM
Xegiie

i have to admit i watched just 4 games, rest was just from recaps since most of games they played was at 5 am here..
and what i saw is a selfish guy who just go to the net no matter what

to reply those who say dallas actually doesn't need Jagr, ok they might don't, but let me ask, where was dallas last 2 years ? who leads dallas with points now?
90% of points i see from Jagr are not from Benn's "feed" what you call it, but from rebounds or when Benn missed the net, there could be few random passes from Benn, but not i can easy tell theres no chemistry between Benn and Jagr and yes Benn is holding Jagr back, say w/e you want.
Also another proof? Jagr himself just said he and Benn are at 30%.. so ye, i don't think i need any more arguments, i wwatched most of Jagr games with Kladno and i know how Jagr plays and Benn does none of it at all.
Cheers

Old
03-09-2013, 03:01 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
What?

1st vs Phoenix - Eriksson pass led to a breakaway.
2nd vs Phoenix - Tip to him from the defender blocking a shot, perfectly roofed.
3rd vs Edmonton - Completely on his own, no deflection at all.
4th vs Edmonton - Daley pass blocked by defender, Jagr picks it up and swings it home from the slot.
5th vs San Jose - Perfect pass from Benn
6th vs Edmonton - Puck tipped off Goligoski's stick in the slot, Jagr one times it home.
7th vs St. Louis - Perfect pass from Roy
8th vs Los Angeles - Perfect pass from Benn
9th vs Los Angeles - Benn shot deflected off Quick and right to him.

Don't get how you come up with that analysis at all.
i did mean rebounds. .. sorry my bad english came in
I didn't see many passes from Benn to Jagr, thats what i wanted to say

Old
03-09-2013, 03:06 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Xegiee was acting like Benn's lack of familiarity was holding Jagr's production back, when really it's the exact opposite.
1st Its Xegiie.
Jagr holding Benn back? really?
Looking at Benn stats in NHL... he was not even a PPG player, ever, how does Jagr hold Benn back, please explain... because i see exact opposite, the lack of Benn at leasst trying to make some play is too obvious

Old
03-09-2013, 03:24 AM
hairylikebear
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Benn is not used to playing with someone with Jagr's creativity. He always expects his wingers to make the simple play when they're stuck along the boards, but Jagr will sometimes pull something crazy like a centering pass through his legs, through the crease, and out the other side. Benn's play away from the puck has been highlighted, at least from what I've seen, by an indecision of whether or head to the front of the net, or to the boards as a safe outlet. As a result he's rarely in position to shoot when Jagr has the puck.

Jagr knows how to get open, that's why Benn can make those "perfect passes." Benn does not, at least not as well.

I think it's funny how first it was Ott and Burish holding Benn back, and now not even Jagr is good enough? Come on...

hairylikebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:22 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylikebear View Post

I think it's funny how first it was Ott and Burish holding Benn back, and now not even Jagr is good enough? Come on...
that
i take it Benn is easy to like, he can score and fight, but from what i have seen in those few games, he doesn't fit to Jagr, thats all i wanted say in first post, but then Benn defenders came in

Old
03-09-2013, 07:28 AM
livewell68

The chemistry will come. Having Eriksson on that line is only going to help to speed things up in regards to the chemistry issue.

Against the Kings Jagr and Benn looked pretty good together and no one is holding the other player back. Jagr plays a great cycle game and allows his team to control the puck in the offensive zone for longer bouts while Benn has a big body and actually is sort of a "young Jagr" with the big body, great hands and a lethal shot. I think Benn's biggest weakness though is the ability to win faceoffs against centermen who are good at it. Since he's not a natural center and is being asked to develop into one, it might take him some time.

On a side note, Jagr, Lemieux aside, has always excelled with smaller centermen that were good at cycling the puck, winning faceoffs and playing defense, Straka, Nylander and Francis come to mind.

Maybe they should split Benn and Jagr up? Maybe try Roy-Jagr? The first game of the season when it was Eriksson-Roy-Jagr, they dominated.

When Whitney comes back the 3 top lines should be;

1A Eriksson-Roy-Jagr

1B Whitney - Benn -Roussell

2/3 Morrow - Eakin - Cole

What do you guys think of this?

This way you've got size, creativity, a good shot and defense on each line.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote