HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corey Perry [Read the OP!]

Old
03-08-2013, 08:46 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
He will get 7.5 to 8 for about 6-9 years IMO
I'm almost positive that he will not accept less than 8.25

If he takes less than Getzlaf, he's most likely gonna stay in Anaheim.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:50 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Youd know more than me seeing as youre a ducks fan but it comes off as bobby ryan seeming to always be pissed at the ducks. His comments this summer was a clear indication, and i feel if given the chance to walk in 2 summers he will. If given a contract offer in seasons before that he could use typical wait till the last season on his contract to talk extension then walk. This is all speculation of what could happen with him, it happens with plenty of players.
He cleared it up afterwards. He was only frustrated with the constant trade rumors. Something he hasn't been and won't be a part of if Perry is moved. He hated always being nervous and worrying about possibly being traded. He has stressed many times to the media, to our management, and personally to the fans, that he wants nothing more than to stay in Anaheim and win a cup. Had a brief discussion with him on Twitter and he told me he definitely wants to stay a Duck. He even addresses the fanbase as DucksNation at times. I think he's proud to be a Duck. If Perry is moved he's gonna get a huge role on the team. First powerplay. First line sniper. More minutes. He's gonna have to fill in for Selanne AND Perry.

I promise you that if Perry is moved there isn't a shot in hell that Ryan moves. He's a fan favorite and a "cheap" scorer.

EDIT: Also, he's not ALWAYS mad at Anaheim. Just last year. The only other time I can think of him being upset with the organization was when he was sent down in 2006-2007 because Carlyle and Burke determined that he wasn't in NHL shape. But he fought hard in the minors and eventually earned his spot.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

vCash: 500
Honestly, I saw some chatter in here about Boston and Perry, and as a Bruins fan I'd rather see the Bruins use the $12M in cap space to re-sign Horton, and Rask. I'd also like to see them get a top 4 defenseman and a 3rd line left winger rather than shell out $9M x 7 years.. $5-$6M for 4 years seems like it makes more sense for the Bruins and Horton.

I think Perry will end up signing with Toronto in all honesty. They got the money and seem to be open to trade Kessel, we'll see.

Watch for the Yeti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:52 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
He cleared it up afterwards. He was only frustrated with the constant trade rumors. Something he hasn't been and won't be a part of if Perry is moved. He hated always being nervous and worrying about possibly being traded. He has stressed many times to the media, to our management, and personally to the fans, that he wants nothing more than to stay in Anaheim and win a cup. Had a brief discussion with him on Twitter and he told me he definitely wants to stay a Duck. He even addresses the fanbase as DucksNation at times. I think he's proud to be a Duck. If Perry is moved he's gonna get a huge role on the team. First powerplay. First line sniper. More minutes. He's gonna have to fill in for Selanne AND Perry.

I promise you that if Perry is moved there isn't a shot in hell that Ryan moves. He's a fan favorite and a "cheap" scorer.
I think that with perrys minutes Ryan will become an even better player. He could end up being better than Perry

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Love

Whoever gets Perry will hugely overpay for him. Like someone said earlier in the thread, he's basically the winger version of Vinny Lecavalier.

Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:55 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
I think that with perrys minutes Ryan will become an even better player. He could end up being better than Perry
I could see it. Ryan has 40 goal potential. He's come close before but he was stuck riding the second powerplay unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
Honestly, I saw some chatter in here about Boston and Perry, and as a Bruins fan I'd rather see the Bruins use the $12M in cap space to re-sign Horton, and Rask. I'd also like to see them get a top 4 defenseman and a 3rd line left winger rather than shell out $9M x 7 years.. $5-$6M for 4 years seems like it makes more sense for the Bruins and Horton.

I think Perry will end up signing with Toronto in all honesty. They got the money and seem to be open to trade Kessel, we'll see.
I doubt it. Perry is an introvert and Toronto is a media nightmare. Perry would hate his life.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
Whoever gets Perry will hugely overpay for him. Like someone said earlier in the thread, he's basically the winger version of Vinny Lecavalier.
I agree. He's no where near a $9M+ player.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

I can see Montreal going hard after him. Bergevin's clearing cap for a reason. I know part of it is re-signing some impending RFA's but there'll be enough for a guy like Perry as well.

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Quote:
I could see it. Ryan has 40 goal potential. He's come close before but he was stuck riding the second powerplay unit.

I doubt it. Perry is an introvert and Toronto is a media nightmare. Perry would hate his life.
Since your a Ducks fan you would know more than me. Because of that, do you think he will avoid the northern US markets and Canada? I highly doubt it. I dot think Florida, Nashville, etc. have the economic stability to sign a guy to a $64M contract. Pittsburgh, Boston, New York (R), Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, and all the Canadian teams aren't ideal places for an introvert.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:59 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:

How was his relationship with Carlyle?

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
How was his relationship with Carlyle?
Never complained, but he never said anything overly positive about him either. Which is to be expected as he rarely says anything personal to the media. I'd assume its great though, he won the Hart and a Cup under him and Carlyle was willing to play him Kovalchuk-esque minutes.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
James Mirtle @mirtle
Some around league expect Perry to get more than $9-million AAV on open market. Was always going to be harder for Ducks to re-sign.

For reference.
I would be shocked if he gets 9M. That is Ovie money when Ovie was arguably the best player in the league. Perry had one rock star season and a collection of solid ones. I find it difficult teams who gamble a contract like that on him, especially when you constantly hear of how mistakes of this nature are hurting teams.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:

Perry's favorite team was Montreal and favorite city visit, Vancouver. Call it a hunch but I think he's fine with the media.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:57 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Not a chance. 9-10 for Perry, then Giroux, Schnn and Couturier RFA the next year? That's just begging for offer sheets
With all the offensive firepower on the Flyers to spend 9m on Perry is crazy. The only reason to that would be to try trade away forwards for an young #1D.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:02 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
GMs making the same mistakes that they needed amnesty buyouts to fix from the last CBA. Interesting times given there ain't no amnesty buyout after next year.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Easton76

Trade Ballard for a pick.

Trade Booth for pick/prospect (although he's playing we'll as of late...he's not putting up points.)

Clears 8.45 in cap space.

Offer perry 6.1 milion (same as Sedins) over 7 years with a huge signing bonus to make up for the money he leaves on the table for signing with us. (Are there any restrictions on offering really high signing bonuses? I remember Suter/Parise got huge signing bonuses.)

If he doesn't bite on that offer I doubt GMMG offers more but I would personally go as high as 8mil/7years but that's just me...and what I would do doesn't matter..

Obviously he won't accept the 6.1 mill but one can dream...

Lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Perry (One of the leagues best passers with some serious snipers)
Kassian-Kes-Burr (Burrows and Kesler have good chemistry. Kassian plays way better in the top 6 than the 4th line.)
Higgins-Raymond-Hansen (Raymond usually winger but this line playing really well together)
Testito-Lappy-Weise (4th line..)

Although putting Perry with Kesler and Burrows would drive the other team nuts lol Kesler is a shoot first centre so I don't think it would work.

Easton76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Puckgenius*

Brad May said the ducks should move him and either him or Ryan goes.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Edge of Sanity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton76 View Post
Trade Ballard for a pick.

Trade Booth for pick/prospect (although he's playing we'll as of late...he's not putting up points.)

Clears 8.45 in cap space.

Offer perry 6.1 milion (same as Sedins) over 7 years with a huge signing bonus to make up for the money he leaves on the table for signing with us. (Are there any restrictions on offering really high singing bonuses? I remember Suter/Parise got huge signing bonuses.)

If he doesn't bite on that offer I doubt GMMG offers more but I would personally go as high as 8mil/7years but that's just me...and what I would do doesn't matter..

Obviously he won't accept the 6.1 mill but one can dream...

Lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Perry (One of the leagues best passers in the league with some serious snipers)
Kassian-Kes-Burr (Burr and Kes have good chemistry. Kass plays way better in the top 6 than 4th line )
Higgins-Raymond-Hansen (Raymond usually winger but this line playing really well together)
Testito-Lappy-Weise (4th line..)

Although putting Perry with Kesler and Burrows would drive the other team nuts lol Kesler is a shoot first centre so I don't think it would work.
lol you know signing bonuses count against the cap hit right? Your plan does not work at all

Edge of Sanity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:30 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177
I am putting this word out right now. Perry you go to Ottawa boy and I will give you one of my 2 chainz. That's my word. One.

2CHHHAAAAIIINZZZZZ

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Puckgenius*

Say Selanne retires this year, ducks trade Hiller, resign Perry for 8. Can they afford All three getzlaf, perry and ryan?

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:47 PM
kihei

vCash: 4601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I would be shocked if he gets 9M. That is Ovie money when Ovie was arguably the best player in the league. Perry had one rock star season and a collection of solid ones. I find it difficult teams who gamble a contract like that on him, especially when you constantly hear of how mistakes of this nature are hurting teams.
But think of the frenzy that might ensue if he opts for free agency. I'm sure some team would offer that much in an attempt to outbid its competitors. These things don't always lend themselves to common sense.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Curiously, what do you think Ovechkin would have got if he made it to free agency?

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
It won't be Ovie money, it will be Ovie cap hit. Ovechkin got $124 million, even at $9AAV, Perry would "only" get $63.

Last edited by Sean Garrity: 03-09-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old
03-09-2013, 12:06 AM
vespa99

9 mil for 7 or 8 years it too big a gamble on a guy like Perry. If you are in that range it needs to be Crosby or Crosby. Look at all the really big deals that have been signed over the last 10 years. How many of them turned out to be a good deal? Vinny? Ovy? Dipietro? Frankly I cant think of a single one of these deals that has worked out. The Getzlaf deal will be another bust IMO. Dont get me wrong I dont think he will totally suck. It just seems these guys with the huge contracts earn about 60% of it in the long run.

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:17 AM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
9 mil for 7 or 8 years it too big a gamble on a guy like Perry. If you are in that range it needs to be Crosby or Crosby. Look at all the really big deals that have been signed over the last 10 years. How many of them turned out to be a good deal? Vinny? Ovy? Dipietro? Frankly I cant think of a single one of these deals that has worked out. The Getzlaf deal will be another bust IMO. Dont get me wrong I dont think he will totally suck. It just seems these guys with the huge contracts earn about 60% of it in the long run.
Those deal are all well above 8 years long and deal with considerably larger sums of money. The risk isn't nearly as much as it used to be.