HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David desharnais

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2013, 04:17 PM
  #26
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 11,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
don't take the bait. That poster does it in every thread, and derails it to talk about Price.
I was really wondering why he would propose this in the first place. Now i know

Thanks for the tip

Bronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:21 PM
  #27
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
You should buy new glasses cuz it look like you don't see what Dd is doing on the ice.
He play as our first center (don't forget that this is his second full season) he is doing great and the habs are in first position.

Dd >>> Eller and it is not close, i'd be extremely suprise if Eller become more than a 3rd line center, i'd also trade plecky before Dd cuz Dd is more productive, cost less money and I think we should be able to get something more for plecky.

I can't understand why you want to trade our center that have the best production for an ufa like clowe, it sound extremely ridiculous to my ears.

So many detractor obsessed by the size, maybe we should trade gallagher,also.
Dude, looking at their games as a whole, Eller is twice the player Desharnais is. The only thing Desharnais can do is pass. Eller can pass, shoot, hit and play defense. Desharnais is weak in every other area, though he is the better passer.

You obviously haven't watched the games this year.

Decisions have to be made. You can't have Desharnais, Gallagher and Gionta in your top 6. To me, Gionta is out. And Eller is moving into the top 6. Desharnais should be great at wing.

If we can convert Desharnais into a winger, that's great. If we can't, we need to flip him for a winger.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:29 PM
  #28
Domino11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 732
vCash: 500
DD will probably fetch us a late first + prospect

The deal I would make is DD + weber vs clowe + 2 round or 1 round van + gaunce

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:36 PM
  #29
greenstickytoes
Registered User
 
greenstickytoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Dude, looking at their games as a whole, Eller is twice the player Desharnais is. The only thing Desharnais can do is pass. Eller can pass, shoot, hit and play defense. Desharnais is weak in every other area, though he is the better passer.

You obviously haven't watched the games this year.

Decisions have to be made. You can't have Desharnais, Gallagher and Gionta in your top 6. To me, Gionta is out. And Eller is moving into the top 6. Desharnais should be great at wing.
i agree with you on everything except for the Desharnais
being great at wing part lol. If Desharnais stays in montreal
he's playing as center and nothing else. Thats his position
and it will always be. Yes he can play wing but he never did
and never will in my opinion because of his playmaking skills and
because he's just not made for wing. Now that being said
because of his size and having Pleky, Chucky and Eller moving up
on center. Desharnais is going to have to produce like hell for him not
to get traded ''UNLESS'' Plekanec gets traded and Bergy decides to keep
Desharnais but we'd have to always keep him with Paches and another
big winger on our top 2 lines.
Now if they do that, Eller will have to stay 3rd because Chucky is obviously
going to be better in the years to come. Now, will it be better to keep Eller
on 3rd just for Desharnais or to trade Desharnais to make place for Eller on
the top 2 center positions for the future when Pleky gets old??
That varies on different opinions. In my opinion because of Desharnais size
and because of Eller and Chucky moving up. I'd trade Desharnais. but then again
its decided on preference. If you want to make Montreal a bigger team
you need to get rid of Desharnais. if you want montreal to be more in a finest
style team you keep Desharnais. but the problem is that we already have Gally.
Dumont is coming up next year. idk i say we trade Desharnais

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:10 PM
  #30
glenbuis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
who is chuckie Galchenyuk?

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:12 PM
  #31
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
who is chuckie Galchenyuk?
Yes.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:14 PM
  #32
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 500
Eller doesn't feed his wingers because of a lack of vision. I can see it and the analists say the same thing.

Yes he is built on a nice frame, he protect the puck very well along the ramp but it doesn't mean that he is better defensively.

Desharnais isn't weak in defensive zone, the guy is always in good position, like I said early, he is good to poke check the puck and make a quick pass to get it out of his zone, a little bit like Diaz, who is a small Defenseman, and I hope that you see how much we miss Diaz right now.

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:24 PM
  #33
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Eller doesn't feed his wingers because of a lack of vision. I can see it and the analists say the same thing.

Yes he is built on a nice frame, he protect the puck very well along the ramp but it doesn't mean that he is better defensively.

Desharnais isn't weak in defensive zone, the guy is always in good position, like I said early, he is good to poke check the puck and make a quick pass to get it out of his zone, a little bit like Diaz, who is a small Defenseman, and I hope that you see how much we miss Diaz right now.
Stop listening to everything Bergy says... It was so funny listening to them continue to bash Eller yesterday even after a great game.. And I don't know where you're going with this Diaz and Desharnais comparison.


Last edited by overlords: 03-08-2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: don't turn this into a language thing
MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:28 PM
  #34
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Stop listening to everything Bergy says... It was so funny listening to them continue to bash Eller yesterday even after a great game. Yet they always praise their little Quebeccer when he has an okay game. And I don't know where you're going with this Diaz and Desharnais comparison.
I'm not refering to Bergy... but Mario Tremblay, Michel Villeneuve, Danny Dubé, Martin Mcguire, Gaston Therrien, Vincent Damphouse just to name those guys.

the comparison between dd and diaz is made to show how a small player can play defensively. Cuz it seems like some people around here believe that dd is bad in his zone because he is 5'7.

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:59 PM
  #35
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Eller doesn't feed his wingers because of a lack of vision. I can see it and the analists say the same thing.

Yes he is built on a nice frame, he protect the puck very well along the ramp but it doesn't mean that he is better defensively.

Desharnais isn't weak in defensive zone, the guy is always in good position, like I said early, he is good to poke check the puck and make a quick pass to get it out of his zone, a little bit like Diaz, who is a small Defenseman, and I hope that you see how much we miss Diaz right now.
Eller is having a good season. He isnt a top end playmaker, but he is a solid c. He would also do well at wing, moreso than DD.

DD seems to be the odd man out soon. If his name were Jones this wouldnt even be discussed by those talking heads

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:39 PM
  #36
mrinsane
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Plekanec value is better than DD and if Vancouver wants DD please start with Burrows or Kassian

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:47 PM
  #37
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Don't turn this into a language thing, people

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:50 PM
  #38
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
They need to trade a centre to get a grit winger...the other three have more overall value...that's just the way it is.
we will not be able to get something that gonna have the same impact that desharnais have for the habs if we trade him and if the other three have more value maybe we should trade 1 of them to get a more significant return.

But we can always keep them and see what happen I mean the team is doing good.

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:52 PM
  #39
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,235
vCash: 500
He has more value to the Habs than any other team because he's French

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:52 PM
  #40
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Probably something could be arranged. But young RFA top 4d with upside would be worth way more than DD (whom I love to watch and do want on our team). Since we seriously need to restock our system, I would throw out for your consideration:

DD + 2013 1st for Demers + 2014 2nd
How about we turn that first into a 2nd and SJ drops the 2nd altogether?

DD + 2013 2nd for Demers


Fair enough? Add a B level prospect? Habs won't be trading their 1st, I imagine. Bergevin has been adamant about building through the draft.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:56 PM
  #41
Ubercron9000
Registered User
 
Ubercron9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
You should buy new glasses cuz it look like you don't see what Dd is doing on the ice.
He play as our first center (don't forget that this is his second full season) he is doing great and the habs are in first position.

Dd >>> Eller and it is not close, i'd be extremely suprise if Eller become more than a 3rd line center, i'd also trade plecky before Dd cuz Dd is more productive, cost less money and I think we should be able to get something more for plecky.

I can't understand why you want to trade our center that have the best production for an ufa like clowe, it sound extremely ridiculous to my ears.

So many detractor obsessed by the size, maybe we should trade gallagher,also.
Yes people are mostly obsessed by his small stature that they can't see how good he really is. Yes he sometimes gets knocked around but he is still pretty good at finding space. The guy is a playmaker but he can score goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
The biggest problem with DD is that if he's not producing offensively, he adds little to no value, as was the case at the start of the year...Pleks & Eller are the better two-way centres, Galchenyuk is the future, and DD isn't 4th line material, so White's job is safe (for now)...the Habs are centre-heavy and need a power winger; DD is the best option to trade to get that done.
He is 4th in team scoring so I have no idea what you mean by that statement. Completely false... he had a rough start but you can tell it was in his playing. Maybe not enough effort or he was not feeling well maybe it was because of the lockout.

DD is a top 6 forward! He isn't elite and is small and thats why people give him to little trade value. But some of the trades I hear are ridiculous! It is pure fleecing we might as well bend over and lubricate because if we trade him with some of these proposals we will see it coming.

A trade is possible if a team is really lacking a top 6 centre. A late 1st and 3rd would be ideal. He is RFA and could probably ask for a good 3 million which is really good. Anything less than that is ridiculous.

Just to note people obviously don't see DD play and just look at stats. He creates a lot of opportunities, it isn't like he is lucky to get points.

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:26 PM
  #42
vokiel
I hate blind passes
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
With the injury to Kesler, Vancouver could be interested in a move around Luongo for DD.
Nice!

I'd do DD for Lapierre 1 for 1. How about that?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:28 PM
  #43
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Nice!

I'd do DD for Lapierre 1 for 1. How about that?
I hate Lapierre lol

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:33 PM
  #44
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Don't turn this into a language thing, people
The problem is it inherently is People can't speak objectively

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:35 PM
  #45
vokiel
I hate blind passes
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
I hate Lapierre lol
Which is why you want him on your team, not on the other

Seriously I don't think Desharnais is going anywhere.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:05 PM
  #46
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
The problem is it inherently is People can't speak objectively
you say that because Dd is french but the last season I was the only guy who was giving more value to Gallagher than Leblanc and that while Leblanc was playing in the nhl and gallagher in the minor.

I see Dd as a big piece of the habs not just a 5'7 guy that we could trade for a second or a ufa.

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:19 PM
  #47
ottawa
go habs go
 
ottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,414
vCash: 500
Why the hell are we talking about trading Desharnais...

10/11: 43gp - 22pts (43 pts pace)
11/12: 81gp - 61pts
12/13: 24gp - 15pts (51 pts pace)

He is progressing great, just shift him on the wings instead of getting rid of a good, hard working player who fought hard for his spot in the NHL.

__________________
http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/SpiderManNL/24cups.gif
ottawa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:26 PM
  #48
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
you say that because Dd is french but the last season I was the only guy who was giving more value to Gallagher than Leblanc and that while Leblanc was playing in the nhl and gallagher in the minor.

I see Dd as a big piece of the habs not just a 5'7 guy that we could trade for a second or a ufa.
I'm not saying get rid of him. I'm saying he's given unequivocal support because he's French. Unfortunately, that's the truth. Any French player in Montreal is, you know that.

Anyways, he has amazing skill, but I think he's better suited to the wing. He won't beat any top center in this league because of his size. Your #1 line has to be out there most often. If you can't win battles in front of your own net and play strong defensively against the other team's best players, you should either be on another line or play wing where you don't have to be as defensive. He can be a lot like Peverley that way. He's an amazing player. You can't have enough centers who shift to wing. He can be a huge asset for us. But because of who he is, he's not given a blank check to play the center ice position. Why can't we shift him around? Why can White, Gally and Eller be moved around but he can't even be discussed on the wing? Why is Eller benched so quickly, yet he's given so much rope? It's silly that he's given preferential treatment.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:41 PM
  #49
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
Yes people are mostly obsessed by his small stature that they can't see how good he really is. Yes he sometimes gets knocked around but he is still pretty good at finding space. The guy is a playmaker but he can score goals.

He is 4th in team scoring so I have no idea what you mean by that statement. Completely false... he had a rough start but you can tell it was in his playing. Maybe not enough effort or he was not feeling well maybe it was because of the lockout.

DD is a top 6 forward! He isn't elite and is small and thats why people give him to little trade value. But some of the trades I hear are ridiculous! It is pure fleecing we might as well bend over and lubricate because if we trade him with some of these proposals we will see it coming.

A trade is possible if a team is really lacking a top 6 centre. A late 1st and 3rd would be ideal. He is RFA and could probably ask for a good 3 million which is really good. Anything less than that is ridiculous.

Just to note people obviously don't see DD play and just look at stats. He creates a lot of opportunities, it isn't like he is lucky to get points.
I've actually watched every game te last 2 years and although I like him his spot should be filled by someone else, I never once said he isn't a good player all I said is that he's the odd man out... He can't play first line, I hope no one here tries to argue that he is better then pleks. The second line spot should be given to chuckie who has shown his skills very well playing with 3rd and 4th liners and has incredible potential and he can't be a third line center Eller fills that role perfectly, I hope the Bergevin realizes this and doesn't spent 3+ million that could be used on a position of weakness on a position of significant strength and if we are gonna lose him might aswell get something for him

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:59 PM
  #50
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'm not saying get rid of him. I'm saying he's given unequivocal support because he's French. Unfortunately, that's the truth. Any French player in Montreal is, you know that.

Anyways, he has amazing skill, but I think he's better suited to the wing. He won't beat any top center in this league because of his size. Your #1 line has to be out there most often. If you can't win battles in front of your own net and play strong defensively against the other team's best players, you should either be on another line or play wing where you don't have to be as defensive. He can be a lot like Peverley that way. He's an amazing player. You can't have enough centers who shift to wing. He can be a huge asset for us. But because of who he is, he's not given a blank check to play the center ice position. Why can't we shift him around? Why can White, Gally and Eller be moved around but he can't even be discussed on the wing? Why is Eller benched so quickly, yet he's given so much rope? It's silly that he's given preferential treatment.
The only way for Dd to be effective in both center or winger position is to be intelligent and fast and it is what he is doing, I mean if you play at the wing you have to win the battle along the ramp in offensive zone and if you play center you have to help your defensive. But I think Dd can do both thing so i do not object to the possibility to put him at the wing.

A good example that a small player can have succes at center is Danny Briere, especially when he played in Buffalo, I do not compare Dd to him but it is just to show that a small player can have succes at this position.

I do not object to a ''good'' trade but the fact i think is that we will not be able to get equivalent value because Dd is underrated for 3 reasons, he didn't get drafted, he is a small player and he is already 26.

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.