HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [24-30-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
A lot of Ottawa's success and Toronto's success stems from so many of them being part of their AHL team. This could help habs in the future.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:48 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
So Tokarski while playing for the worst AHL team, has 7 GA in six games, with two shutouts. Is it time for him to stir up some trouble in the big league?

Old
03-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Bacchus1

The Dogs are very exciting recently, and making lots of noise. Regardless of where they end up this season, I think that they have shown excellent evolution as a team, and they should definitely improve next season with more talent coming in, and some valuable experience this season in overcoming a poor start. Good job boys!

Old
03-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
So Tokarski while playing for the worst AHL team, has 7 GA in six games, with two shutouts. Is it time for him to stir up some trouble in the big league?
Next year in Montreal, backing up Price. yeah !

Old
03-07-2013, 06:06 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
The Dogs are very exciting recently, and making lots of noise. Regardless of where they end up this season, I think that they have shown excellent evolution as a team, and they should definitely improve next season with more talent coming in, and some valuable experience this season in overcoming a poor start. Good job boys!
Hey, maybe it wasn't the coach's fault after all?

Old
03-08-2013, 01:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I guess it depends on your definition of very exciting but they do work hard and are finally getting consistent quality goaltending. It is nice to see the improved play, which was to be expected once the NHL lockout ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Hey, maybe it wasn't the coach's fault after all?
Some of the blame has to fall on them, but some of the blame has to fall on MB as he and his staff put the roster of almost all rookie blueliners together. As someone that has watched Hamilton play almost every game each season, this is easily the worst team i've ever seen. Watching them try to produce offense or score on the PP makes me want to put my fingers in my eyes so I never have to see it again.

I will say that all season long, no matter how bad the offense looked, they consistently worked hard. I was surprised at how bad the goaltending was despite all the rookies on the blueline, I was expecting there to be problems for the goalies but Desjardins really struggled at times and was in the dog house from what i had heard.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:54 PM
TinordiandSubban

Fair to say the experiment of throwing the kids in the deep end didn't have the desired result? They got lots of ice time but all that losing has to take a toll on them.

Expecting an even younger team next year, with 2nd year players providing leadership to rookies. Will they keep the same coaches and try again, blame the lockout for all the losing?

Old
03-08-2013, 03:23 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Whether the system is deep or not, I really believe that a forward line of veterans (4+ pro seasons), a defence pairing of veterans and 1 veteran goalie are necessary for all AHL teams.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:57 PM
niftymove

From MAG article in Lapresse:
Que retient Desjardins de son second passage dans l'organisation du Canadien?
«L'approche de Sylvain Lefebvre est vraiment axée sur le développement des joueurs et non sur la victoire au prochain match, a-t-il expliqué. C'était la première fois que je vivais ça, mais ça s'est bien passé.»

In english:
what Desjardins will remember from his Hamilton stay: Sylvain Lefebvre approach is based on players development only and not on victory for the next match. It was the first time I was involve in such an approach, but it went well.

That explains a lot of things.....

Old
03-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Alexdaman

Perfect week for the dogs and there's still an unlikely and slim chance for the team to make the playoffs, at least it would be good for them to leave the basement.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:23 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
«L'approche de Sylvain Lefebvre est vraiment axée sur le développement des joueurs et non sur la victoire au prochain match, a-t-il expliqué. C'était la première fois que je vivais ça, mais ça s'est bien passé.»

In english:
what Desjardins will remember from his Hamilton stay: Sylvain Lefebvre approach is based on players development only and not on victory for the next match. It was the first time I was involve in such an approach, but it went well.

That is what the Habs used to do in the dynasty eras. Develop players on the farm instead of worrying about wins.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post

In english:

I think that is the philosophy now.... It will pay dividends, but the AHL team may suffer in the short term. Lets not forget though that there was a very big influx of rookies this year. Normally there will be more 2nd and 3rd year players around.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:43 PM

I just saw that Beaulieu fought an heavyweight. Is he alright?

Old
03-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
I just saw that Beaulieu fought an heavyweight. Is he alright?
Probably not well, but kinda funny his fight card has him undefeated:
http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/Fig...x?Player=44777

Compared to Tinordi:
http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/FightCard.aspx?P=45679

Granted, they obviously face different fighting skill level.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:41 AM
Bacchus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I guess it depends on your definition of very exciting but they do work hard and are finally getting consistent quality goaltending. It is nice to see the improved play, which was to be expected once the NHL lockout ended.
I find rookie development exciting. They have had a rough season, but they seems to be developing through it, and I like the idea of players developing together, and hopefully bringing some of their chemistry to the big club. Hopefully next year they will have some more gifted forwards joining them, and the rookie D will have a year of development under their belts. If we can retain our new goalie, we should have a much stronger team next season.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:38 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I find rookie development exciting. They have had a rough season, but they seems to be developing through it, and I like the idea of players developing together, and hopefully bringing some of their chemistry to the big club. Hopefully next year they will have some more gifted forwards joining them, and the rookie D will have a year of development under their belts. If we can retain our new goalie, we should have a much stronger team next season.
Do you watch a lot of Hamilton's games? I find they are painful to watch and I consider myself to be a pretty big fan of prospects. Hopefully they can do better next year as watching their PP makes me want to poke my eyes out as they struggle to create chances.

Tough loss but Tokarski impresses again.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Do you watch a lot of Hamilton's games? I find they are painful to watch and I consider myself to be a pretty big fan of prospects. Hopefully they can do better next year as watching their PP makes me want to poke my eyes out as they struggle to create chances.

Tough loss but Tokarski impresses again.
Could having two stay at home ex-NHL d-men as coaches ( and rookies on top of that), be the reason for such bad PP execution ?

Old
03-09-2013, 11:15 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Could having two stay at home ex-NHL d-men as coaches ( and rookies on top of that), be the reason for such bad PP execution ?
Perhaps, as they just aren't very creative with the puck (outside of Beaulieu). They do work hard though which is something the coaching staff must really push as it's rare to see them take a night off. Having more skill up front wouldn't hurt either as it's very limited as is.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:09 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Paging in to know how Beaulieu's fight went?

Old
03-09-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Paging in to know how Beaulieu's fight went?
Just watched the fight. He lost but didn't look bad. Very short fight.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:18 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Just watched the fight. He lost but didn't look bad. Very short fight.
Any link?

Old
03-09-2013, 02:50 PM
That

Quote:
Any link?

Old
03-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
That is what the Habs used to do in the dynasty eras. Develop players on the farm instead of worrying about wins.
But then...it makes no sense. Though I would love for the people that saw the Dogs often to respond....Why the heck would you use Stortini that much? Why would you use Chaput that much? Why would you NOT use Avtsin? Or Leblanc on the first 2 lines? If development was so important....why don't you understand the importance in vets in your youth's progression? I mean, THEN they started to understand it with the Commodore acquisition....which didn't turn out well. And then up front with the Tenute acquisition....

But personnally, I don't get this. All great to develop under the toughest season possible...but it's also pretty great to develop in winning circumstances.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:48 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Thanks, good man!

What the hell is wrong with Blunden screaming at the refs to intervene though?

Beaulieu is amazing when he picks a fight. He's actually surprisingly good when he does.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Thanks, good man!

What the hell is wrong with Blunden screaming at the refs to intervene though?

Beaulieu is amazing when he picks a fight. He's actually surprisingly good when he does.
Not against a heavy weight.

Though, it's good news that Beaulieu is a pretty good fighter.

I loved how he shoved the linesman back.

Closed Thread