HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

360 NHL13 GM CONNECTED ACTIVES ONLY (OFFSEASON)(2 TEAMS AVAILABLE) Part 4

Old
03-08-2013, 03:35 PM
camwise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
well im not holding my breath on a playoff spot. Even though my team is stacked regular season sims have a grudge on me
ive had the luxery of travelling a lot over the last 3 months. Taking extended leaves from the league etc. And I have noticed that if you are around and playing most of your games, your liklihood to win increases, but if you leave and come back, you have to rebuild that momentum again, and it takes a considerable amount of games to catch up again.

EA is so harsh sometimes...

camwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
games left

Vyse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Cf22

Devils won't be on this sim. I'm out if town.

Cf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Dusto

will be on around 9:00 MST

Dusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:37 PM
oilers1084

I have Chicago (x2) and Nashville to play still.

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:46 PM
gqmixmaster

vCash: 50
Nashville is on all night to night

Im lookin at you

Chicago - Minnesota and Dallas

gqmixmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:52 PM
czar99

So let me get this straight. I'm being forced to set my games to CPU and I have six plus games to play. I watch a Oilers game and I have three games left and no points to speak of.

I can promise you my games will never be set to CPU ever again.

Edit: played my CPU and lost. played my CPU and won 5-0. played my CPU and won 3-1. This is a joke. Is the commish going to step up in this matter or what. This is bull ****.

Last edited by czar99: 03-08-2013 at 10:01 PM.
czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:02 PM
gqmixmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqmixmaster View Post
Nashville is on all night to night

Im lookin at you

Chicago - Minnesota and Dallas
I'm actually only looking for Dallas now! Im on for a while, come on and msg me when rdy.

gqmixmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Dusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
So let me get this straight. I'm being forced to set my games to CPU and I have six plus games to play. I watch a Oilers game and I have three games left and no points to speak of.

Edit: played my CPU and lost. played my CPU and won 5-0. played my CPU and won 3-1. This is a joke. Is the commish going to step up in this matter or what. This is bull ****.
The front rules clearly state that the CPU is to not be played until the last couple hours before the sim, I was a big advocate for the CPU rule change so I'm disappointed to hear that it was already abused. Washington gets a pass as they haven't been around for awhile and may not have seen the new rule.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
On my end, I don't remember seeing a post from you in awhile, this isn't the first time time you set your team was set to cpu without an explanation, and I can't check your actively on live since you took me off your friends list. With those factors I assumed you were gone and played it to avoid an injury happening due to the sim

Vyse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:34 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:

I never played your cpu I simmed it.

InUtero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:37 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
On my end, I don't remember seeing a post from you in awhile, this isn't the first time time you set your team was set to cpu without an explanation, and I can't check your actively on live since you took me off your friends list. With those factors I assumed you were gone and played it to avoid an injury happening due to the sim
Your whole post is bs. Regardless if your on my friends list or not the rules say no playing the CPU till a couple hours before the sim. You played my CPU at your first chance.

I'm one of the most active players on here , if you want to play dumb and act like you don't know how to send a game request then your being ignorant to everyone in this league. Your excuse is junk. I would have had mor respect if you just said I played for the free win, my bad.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post

Faithful67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:40 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
Sorry if you didn't play my CPU but those who did are week.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:51 PM
TheLarsonator

vCash: 473
Just throwing out an idea here.....with the whole avoiding injuries by playing the CPU issue. Would it be a possible idea to just turn injuries off before and after Faithful sims the schedule period? I mean that way we avoid injuries and then people only need to turn on "play vs CPU" when they will actually be away? I know not everyone may be in favour of this, just trying to brain storm here.

TheLarsonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:03 PM
czar99

All I know is the game settings at the beginning of this year were great then it got changed and I played a whole season of 1-0 games. So boring. I think I'm at my wits end. The games are quite boring and un enjoyable to play, win or lose.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Dusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithful67 View Post
ENABLE CPU - Done by going over one of your games in your current block and clicking A. Select ENABLE CPU and sim games vs my team. Nobody is allowed to play your CPU until the final hours of any block, this just allows a guy who has been waiting to play your CPU rather than have the game simmed and risk injury for you both as there is a much higher chance of injuries during sims. DNF% is monitored so you have no worry that they will cheat and quit til they get a win vs you. Also if anyone play your CPU before the last few hours of a block let me know and I will remove them. This is not going to be tolerated. There should be nothing but benefits to this change.
Now I'm not saying they should be removed obviously, but there needs to be some penalty for this. As far as disabling sim injuries it's a good idea in theory but then teams might get to complacent and leave the CPU off when they are gone for extended periods of time since there would no longer be any negatives that could come from leaving games to sim.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusto View Post
Now I'm not saying they should be removed obviously, but there needs to be some penalty for this. As far as disabling sim injuries it's a good idea in theory but then teams might get to complacent and leave the CPU off when they are gone for extended periods of time since there would no longer be any negatives that could come from leaving games to sim.
You cant turn off injuries... I will make it so when the habs, and jets play him they will forfit the 1st game playoffs or reg season..but since the caps lost I will only make him give a 1 goal lead.. any objection??????? (besides the jets, habs, and caps)

Faithful67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Dusto

Quote:
You cant turn off injuries... I will make it so when the habs, and jets play him they will forfit the 1st game playoffs or reg season..but since the caps lost I will only make him give a 1 goal lead.. any objection??????? (besides the jets, habs, and caps)
I say this is fair. Had the caps lost in OT then I think it should have been a forfeited game as well since this would have had more affect on the standings. If it ever occurs I believe repeat offenders should be removed no matter how active they are in the league. Hopefully we don't have to deal with anymore incidents like this again.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:26 AM
molsonmuscle360

I haven't even been online to turn on my cpu. Sorry if that bothered people. But I have a new job and I'm working a lot.

molsonmuscle360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:06 AM
oilers1084

Quote:
All I know is the game settings at the beginning of this year were great then it got changed and I played a whole season of 1-0 games. So boring. I think I'm at my wits end. The games are quite boring and un enjoyable to play, win or lose.
I don't think this game style is bad at all. The default game style was the most unrealistic arcadey pile of crap I ever played in my life. I don't understand how anyone could like that. Any player that touched me made me go flying all over the ice.

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:21 AM
oilfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
I don't think this game style is bad at all. The default game style was the most unrealistic arcadey pile of crap I ever played in my life. I don't understand how anyone could like that. Any player that touched me made me go flying all over the ice.
This mode is fine.....more realistic and you cant do the same move over and over again like shooting from the point and getting rebounds

oilfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:27 AM
phil steve

Quote:
I have no idea what this cpu rule you're talking about is. must be new didn't see it. you should probably cry some more though it's funny

phil steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:44 AM
AlanHUK

the CPU rule was that you don't play games against the CPU unless it is a couple of hours before the sim.

Generally people post on here if they are going to be away for a while so people can get the games vs the CPU done earlier.

oh also anyone who has to play Boston I've set to play vs CPU but I'll try and be on around 6 edmonton time, don't finish work until 12:30am or so here so I may be a little later than that.

AlanHUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:58 AM
czar99

Quote:
This does nothing, I just wanted to point out how lame it is that veteran gm's who know the rules would poach wins like that.

I'm not sure i like where the league is going.