HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The ALL encompassing Rumors & Speculation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2013, 08:20 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Was thinking the same thing. D Leed likely doesn't have many great sources, but he never cared much for hockeyyins...

I think you are thinking of ManayunkM... same kind of bought twitter followers as HI
What is everyones beef with leed on this site though? I just came across him on twitter and saw pictures of him at flyers draft table and assumed he has SOME connections and that most of his tweets arent garbage rumors or obvious speculation trying to disguise as rumors.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:20 PM
flountown

I don't think we are using Dustin as a real source, he is just writing his opinion that the Flyers would be all-in on Corey Perry, does that surprise anyone? And that he has heard that Perry is interested in the East. I think those are very simple statements, not true rumors, but speculation. Speculation that is likely very accurate. Perry is an Eastern Conference style player, and the Flyers kick the tires of EVERY free agent and trade candidate that would make them better. Stop over thinking things.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:24 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
What is everyones beef with leed on this site though? I just came across him on twitter and saw pictures of him at flyers draft table and assumed he has SOME connections and that most of his tweets arent garbage rumors or obvious speculation trying to disguise as rumors.
He was a big time Matt Carle apologist.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He was a big time Matt Carle apologist.
Or he just recognized that Carle wasn't as bad as most people made him out to be.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:49 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Or he just recognized that Carle wasn't as bad as most people made him out to be.
You're right but him and the guy from bsh hyped Carle up to the extreme.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:09 PM
flountown

Quote:
You're right but him and the guy from bsh hyped Carle up to the extreme.

Hyped is the wrong word, appreciated his contributions vs. recognizing that Flyers' fans gave him an unfair shake? I would say the latter explanation.

Also, Dreger reported by @NHLOn_The_Ice:
Quote:
D. Dreger reports on #NHLNetwork that #RedWings, #LAKings, #Bruins, #Flyers and #TMLeafs could all be after Corey Perry.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:13 PM
LegionOfDoom91

It seems like Ducks fans rather hold onto him for a cup run and take their chances in the offseason.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:19 PM
flountown

Quote:
It seems like Ducks fans rather hold onto him for a cup run and take their chances in the offseason.
They absolutely should, and the Flyers should only entertain this move in the off season, especially considering their current position in the standings.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:26 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
They absolutely should, and the Flyers should only entertain this move in the off season, especially considering their current position in the standings.
Yeah IMO it's not really worth it moving him at deadline and getting half of what he's actually worth. I would go all in for the cup.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 03-08-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old
03-08-2013, 09:31 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
saving money will help, because we will be ready to make a run for that defense when one comes available. this is why we are in such a terrible position to begin with. spend every cent, overload in one area because we can, struggle elsewhere. and when one end breaks we have to blow **** up to fix it. Signing Perry or Semin to outrageous deals hurts us even more in the long run
Not really, you can always cut salary if you win the UFA lotto.

I also am of the mindset that you will never see another #1 dman in UFA, unless they completely want out of their market. The new CBA gives them NO incentive not to sign with their current club.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:40 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Hyped is the wrong word, appreciated his contributions vs. recognizing that Flyers' fans gave him an unfair shake? I would say the latter explanation.

Also, Dreger reported by @NHLOn_The_Ice:
The BSH guys compared him on the level of Chara, Lindstrom, Keith, etc etc.

That's not overhyping? Oh and Im not BSing. Look up the link either on their website or in the Matt Carle threads we had. It was posted multiple times. They compared the stats of Carle and all of those players listed above and said Carle was on their level.

Nothing against Leed personally, but he has some fixations on certain players. He thinks McGinn is going to be a VERY GOOD top SIX forward. I like McGinn but....yea...

Old
03-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
No idea. Seems like a decent guy that loves the game and writes about it.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:53 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post

That's not overhyping? Oh and Im not BSing. Look up the link either on their website or in the Matt Carle threads we had. It was posted multiple times. They compared the stats of Carle and all of those players listed above and said Carle was on their level.

Nothing against Leed personally, but he has some fixations on certain players. He thinks McGinn is going to be a VERY GOOD top SIX forward. I like McGinn but....yea...
I am not sure about the Chara, Lindstrom, Keith thing, but on the other stuff, I think Dustin is a good writer, who likes hockey, and has his opinions, just like anyone. I think the big issue is how HF views peoples opinions and then argues about them as if they were hard facts.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:02 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:

The big comparison that BSH and Leed kept making was Carle vs. Suter if my memory serves me correctly.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:05 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I am not sure about the Chara, Lindstrom, Keith thing, but on the other stuff, I think Dustin is a good writer, who likes hockey, and has his opinions, just like anyone. I think the big issue is how HF views peoples opinions and then argues about them as if they were hard facts.
Nothing against Leed at all. I disagree with somethings he says, but I like how he doesnt put up with insiderrrs bs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
The big comparison that BSH and Leed kept making was Carle vs. Suter if my memory serves me correctly.
That was also another article they did. They had a huge fixation on Carle.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:10 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
I think their main argument was more value based, they admitted that Suter was better than Carle, but not better enough to justify what was then considered a 2-3 million dollar greater cap hit. It all depends on how you view advanced statistics.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:15 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Nooooo, the Flyers interested in the biggest name available? Shocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
For a career Ahler sure.

Most overrated overpaid player in the league.
And exactly what we need. An offensive defenseman who can fly, who can pass, who can lead the play up ice.

If the Panthers really do go into a firesale, what about Brian Campbell if they eat some Cap?

Old
03-09-2013, 12:36 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:

yeah that is a tad bit of a stretch. personally I think McGinn is going to have to take it back a notch or his career maybe short lived. 1 concussion and possibilly another before being very luck he only got a broken orbital bone in that fight in a span of a month or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Nooooo, the Flyers interested in the biggest name available? Shocker.

And exactly what we need. An offensive defenseman who can fly, who can pass, who can lead the play up ice.

If the Panthers really do go into a firesale, what about Brian Campbell if they eat some Cap?
It cant hurt to kick the tires on Perry to see if hes available and if they can drive up the price for someone else who wants him in the East that would work as well.
im not sure the Flyers can afford Bouwmeester or Campbell. if you are looking to be sellers later this month then you stay far away because they would cost what we should be keeping this year. draft picks.
personally I am against trading for any big names this season. They have not given any indication that they are going to play consistant enough hockey to contend for a playoff spot.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:51 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
It cant hurt to kick the tires on Perry to see if hes available and if they can drive up the price for someone else who wants him in the East that would work as well.
im not sure the Flyers can afford Bouwmeester or Campbell. if you are looking to be sellers later this month then you stay far away because they would cost what we should be keeping this year. draft picks.
personally I am against trading for any big names this season. They have not given any indication that they are going to play consistant enough hockey to contend for a playoff spot.
Completely agree.
We won't get the Dman we need at the TDL. If it happens it will be around the draft.
I think Campbell is too old to consider him a good fit.

I am pretty surprised the Penguins aren't mentioned in the Perry-sweepstakes. As long as he won't go there I am fine with the Flyers not landing him. We have to much other players to sign and Perry really doesn't fill a need.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:27 AM
Krishna

It sucks that we didn't try for Campbell earlier

He was had for only Rotislav Olesz

Old
03-09-2013, 06:36 AM
flyersfromquebec

Do you guys think getting Weber is something they could do this summer....

If this is enought I'll do it....briere (might be couts instead cuz of NTC but with no 1st draft pick no laughton)...coburn laughton and 2nd 2014 1st 2015

Buying out pronger (and briere if we dont trade him)...you could land perry at 7.5m per year...sign gagne at 2.5m and still have about 1.5m in cap space.

Its a decent D..weber-schenn...timonen-mez....grossman-gust(or maybe a young in the system)

In front...harts-giroux-perry...simmonds-schenn-voracek...gagne-couts(or talbot)-read

Old
03-09-2013, 06:40 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfromquebec View Post
Do you guys think getting Weber is something they could do this summer....

If this is enought I'll do it....briere (might be couts instead cuz of NTC but with no 1st draft pick no laughton)...coburn laughton and 2nd 2014 1st 2015
If they would have accepted that deal Weber would already be in the orange and black.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:43 AM
Psuhockey

Corey Perry is a poor allocation of cap space on this team. The Flyers have two top 6 right wings in Simmonds and Voracek. Voracek looks like he is turning into a true top line winger. Simmonds has some defensive and turnover issues, but does everything else well and is signed to a great cap hit for a long time. Perry is going to get at bare minimum 8 + cap hit, with a good possibility that it would be over 9. it does not make sense with Giroux up the following year with a 8 + cap hit with Read, Couturier, and B.Schenn to resign and Timonen and Mezz to replace. Unless the team can build a young cheap defense between now and the end of next year, it does not make any sense......which means the Flyers will do it.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:56 AM
flyersfromquebec

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
If they would have accepted that deal Weber would already be in the orange and black.
They didnt cuz the flyers said no couts and no briere...but this year we should have learn a lesson....trade a good foward for a much needed D is the way to go...coburn will be easy to replace same with briere...but Nash they would get a cheap briere, a young center(laughton), a decent 5-6 D(coburn) and two draft picks...or a young center A+(couts), a decent 5-6 D(coburn) and a 2nd 2014 pick...For a $$$$$$$ D in weber that is not playing for that type of money this year.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:00 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Corey Perry is a poor allocation of cap space on this team. The Flyers have two top 6 right wings in Simmonds and Voracek. Voracek looks like he is turning into a true top line winger. Simmonds has some defensive and turnover issues, but does everything else well and is signed to a great cap hit for a long time. Perry is going to get at bare minimum 8 + cap hit, with a good possibility that it would be over 9. it does not make sense with Giroux up the following year with a 8 + cap hit with Read, Couturier, and B.Schenn to resign and Timonen and Mezz to replace. Unless the team can build a young cheap defense between now and the end of next year, it does not make any sense......which means the Flyers will do it.
Depending on what happens with Briere and/or Bryz the cap may not be an issue.

Closed Thread