HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's Time To #FireTambo & #FireLowe

Old
03-08-2013, 11:08 PM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

vCash: 500
It's Time To #FireTambo & #FireLowe

We really need to rally the troops on this one. We stood by this rebuild for several years now, collecting three 1st overall picks in the process. But a rebuilding team needs to show progress and we look like we're regressing this year. Outside of tweaking 4th liners and bottom pairing Dmen, management hasn't done a thing in free agency or via trades to help turn this club into a winner. We hold some power as loyal fans....make your voices heard! Let ownership know it's time for a change.

Please Tweet out a #FireTambo & #FireLowe message.

Edit: Here's an easy RT if you want: https://twitter.com/mparkatti/status/310227299612102657

Last edited by JJTopper: 03-08-2013 at 11:25 PM.
JJTopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Or season ticket holders can boycott the next home game (or 10). I for one will be leaving 2 seats empty.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:25 PM
jbean

We need to do more than tweet. It is time that we let them know how the fans feel at home games. If there is anyone that cares about the Oiler's future, we need to remove the problem at the root. Rexall has been a morgue lately and the only sounds I can ever hear are sighs. This has to change, something has to be done, this organization is so pathetic they need the fans to do something for them before anything gets done.

jbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:26 PM
MadMax82*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
Or season ticket holders can boycott the next home game (or 10). I for one will be leaving 2 seats empty.
Can you Pay me 1200 Bux for me to do that?

MadMax82* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:29 PM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

vCash: 1500
Quote:
As long as they are paid for why would anyone care?

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:30 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
It was time to fire Kevin Lowe a long time ago. It was time to fire him before Tambo came into the fold. It was time to fire him before Mac-T was hired. This guy has been more poisonous to our organization than Shane Corson was.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:31 PM
alexo

Quote:
I honestly would love to do this. $400 for a pair of front row seats to the worst show in the NHL... pretty hard to let that go though.

But the management and ownership need that kind of message sent. Right now, they can sleep easy knowing that no matter how badly they bumble things, Oilers fans will keep buying tickets, merchandise, etc.

I'd say if you're going to go to games, at least don't buy any merchandise/concession/etc.

alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Billybaroo*

Yu have no idea what Lowe does or does not do right now.
What you do know is he got them the SCF final with MacT.
But of course, alot of the tall foreheads blamed MacT for all the teams woes.
Hows that going?

Billybaroo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I dunno.
I thought it was all on MacT
Life is soooo simple

Old
03-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Really, if they come back to Rexall and there are less than 5,000 people in the stands ... isn't that a message???

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:33 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 10000
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
It was time to fire Kevin Lowe a long time ago. It was time to fire him before Tambo came into the fold. It was time to fire him before Mac-T was hired. This guy has been more poisonous to our organization than Shane Corson was.
I remember getting that uneasy feeling the day they announced he was taking over for Slats....I never thought it would go nuclear though....

OilDrop37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Gmen 1

I agree, things must change , Tambo, Lowe, KRuegar all most go. iMagine Burke and Ruff leading our team.

Gmen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:34 PM
alexo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
Hows that going?
Ditto re: Quinn, then Renney, and soon Krueger will have the pleasure of infamy here (well, moreso than he already has... HFBoards visitors are pretty prone to blaming everyone under the sun).

Old
03-08-2013, 11:35 PM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
Hows that going?
Lowe has said himself that he has the final say on player personnel moves, so ya, we kinda know what he does.

Also, nobody would hire Mact for a NHL head job except this incompetent organization. So its going just fine. Perhaps you need to look in the mirror and measure your own forehead?

Old
03-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Beerfish

Sorry this team is doomed. The man at the top is a clueless twit of a fawning fan boy owner. It all starts at the top.

Next we have Lowe sho should have been fired years ago instead of promoted.

Then we have Tambellini who is a no guts, no glory crap gm who's majority of moves have stunk.

Then we have a move that should have had this fan base in an utter up roar but as usual was happily lapped up, that being MacT. A guy that should have had his ass fired but was gently let go and proceeded to fail in getting a major job with any team in the league all this time. Of course the Oilers bring him back.

They dump Rennie and hire a guy who seems to have no game plan at all, though he is a good talker. The players look throughly confused and paralyzed.

We then have just an atrocious duo of assistants, Smith who had one year as an assistant before being punted to scouting and Bucky who had to be pulled from the minor league club because he seemed to not be able to find his ass with both hands.

No matter what they oilers due they are set up for failure again because if they fire Tambo either Lowe or MacT will take over. Both atrocities. If Krueger gets canned MacT takes over. I actually think mact already has his hands all over this team coaching and strat wise.

In the end all the garbage down the ladder is meaningless because we have a fool of an owner who values his boy hood dreams over the fans and good name of the team.

Fire Daryl Friggin Katz.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:37 PM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

Quote:
Really, if they come back to Rexall and there are less than 5,000 people in the stands ... isn't that a message???
A message to who?

As long as the money keeps rolling in, Katz will only fly out of Vancouver to confront city council or walk up to the podium on draft day.

If you are serious about sending a message, then you will decline to renew your seats.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:37 PM
alexo

Quote:
Lowe has said himself that he has the final say on player personnel moves, so ya, we kinda know what he does.

Also, nobody would hire Mact for a NHL head job except this incompetent organization. So its going just fine. Perhaps you need to look in the mirror and measure your own forehead?
I'd like to see this quote, because Lowe was also quoted as saying he doesn't go to Tambellini and hand out advice, he lets Tambellini come to him if he needs it.

That said, I would fire the whole group of management if I were Katz, but this just seems like one of those things people spread around the internet just cause it makes sense that it would be true.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Quote:
A message to who?

As long as the money keeps rolling in, Katz will only fly out of Vancouver to confront city council or walk up to the podium on draft day.
Its A message to the players management that this team is not worth watching would rather throw away 400 bucks than sit and suffer 3 hrs watching crap. Also Katz loses money Jersey sales so forth.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Philly85*
I Ain't Even Mad

I will literally help organize some sort of movement... I'll supply pitchforks, torches and everything... something has to be done about these ****ing bums. I know it's just hockey but its more than that for us in Edmonton. It's better for the city, it's fans and public at large if they're doing well and having success. This is an absolute joke.

Lowe should be kicked to the curb immediately and never be allowed to return in any capacity to the Oilers hockey club. Should fade away forever pretty much. His rep has been permanently tarnished from this gongshow. He is a complete and utter embarrassment, failure to this city and the Edmonton Oilers. He should be ashamed. Punted ASAP.

As for Tambellini, there are no words. Well, I guess there are. He is ****ing pathetic and should be banished from this organization, this city, forever. Should go to his house, force him on a plane and remove him from Edmonton immediately. My anger and frustration towards him knows no bounds.

**** Tambellini and Kevin Lowe. Be done with them already. I wish they would leave and be gone forever. Don't like Katz either.

Philly85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexo View Post
I'd like to see this quote, because Lowe was also quoted as saying he doesn't go to Tambellini and hand out advice, he lets Tambellini come to him if he needs it.

That said, I would fire the whole group of management if I were Katz, but this just seems like one of those things people spread around the internet just cause it makes sense that it would be true.
Tambellini has come right out and said he has to get approval on moves from lowe and above.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:40 PM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexo View Post

Yup, you got me. Just making stuff up again!

Wake up. He is the president of hockey operations. Perhaps you think he twiddles his thumbs all day?

Old
03-08-2013, 11:40 PM
McShogun99

#firebuchberger

I don't know what it is about him but I even hated him as a player.

McShogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:41 PM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Its A message to the players management that this team is not worth watching would rather throw away 400 bucks than sit and suffer 3 hrs watching crap. Also Katz loses money Jersey sales so forth.
Katz gets a share of all jersey sales league wide. A boycott of the Oiler stores in Rexall would literally do nothing.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:

Dont get so aggressive man. I just thought MacT was the cause of the Oilers woes. Kinda like Nolan was , and guys like that. You know, cause of course if you dont get hired (who even knows who applies for jobs, or why they were not hired, except for the brilliant minds) you must be a bad coach .
Its just shocking to me cause I was convinced it was MacT who was at fault for everything.
It wasnt?

Old
03-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Billybaroo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Tambellini has come right out and said he has to get approval on moves from lowe and above.
And? Doesnt mean he runs the team. Means he hired an idiot.
A link also please