HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers

Old
03-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Coburn plays mostly on the right side
Ahh great, whats the price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Asking for Read is a non-starter with most Flyers fans unless you're willing to pay out the ass.

His contract, versatility, and two way game are what we're looking for. I wouldn't trade him unless you overpaid.
I understand, I kinda got that feeling, was just wonder cause he wasn't on some peoples untradable lists (unless I read it wrong) and he would work as our 3rd line center.

Whatever though we aren't going to overpay like u would want.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:11 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Ahh great, whats the price?

I understand, I kinda got that feeling, was just wonder cause he wasn't on some peoples untradable lists (unless I read it wrong) and he would work as our 3rd line center.

Whatever though we aren't going to overpay like u would want.
Depends. He has played absolutely terrible this year but Id still be hesitant to move him. Id want another defensemen coming back with equal value but more of a puck mover than Coburn is.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:12 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Mez has come out to say he prefers playing the right side over the left. Coburn has just always done that because we always had a ton of left handed D and he was capable of doing so

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Depends. He has played absolutely terrible this year but Id still be hesitant to move him. Id want another defensemen coming back with equal value but more of a puck mover than Coburn is.
Ballard+?

Ballard has played really well this year, he is playing like the guy we acquired 3 years ago, he is just under utizlied here, he is playing more of a defense only role and he is historically more of a puck mover. Going elsewhere with more opportunity I am 100% convinced other teams could get more out of him, add into the fact our coach doesn't seem to like him either.

I am hesitant to move him as he brings really really nice depth to our defense but we need a right side guy cause we have too many left side guys.

Plus for cap reasons we would need cap going your way, and he is a top 4 defenseman who moves the puck well. Basically what you described.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:41 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Ballard+?

Ballard has played really well this year, he is playing like the guy we acquired 3 years ago, he is just under utizlied here, he is playing more of a defense only role and he is historically more of a puck mover. Going elsewhere with more opportunity I am 100% convinced other teams could get more out of him, add into the fact our coach doesn't seem to like him either.

I am hesitant to move him as he brings really really nice depth to our defense but we need a right side guy cause we have too many left side guys.

Plus for cap reasons we would need cap going your way, and he is a top 4 defenseman who moves the puck well. Basically what you described.
Is that + vancouvers 1st?

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Is that + vancouvers 1st?
Hmmm... Woudl prefer to hold onto the first, our pool is lacking quality..

Prospect + 2nd??

Old
03-08-2013, 11:33 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Hmmm... Woudl prefer to hold onto the first, our pool is lacking quality..

Prospect + 2nd??
Ballard may be a serviceable replacement for the rest of the season but his value is not near coburns. There's little incentive to move Coburn unless its for an upgrade or for a pick that could draft us a player who could potentially be an upgrade in the future.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Ballard may be a serviceable replacement for the rest of the season but his value is not near coburns. There's little incentive to move Coburn unless its for an upgrade or for a pick that could draft us a player who could potentially be an upgrade in the future.
What about Eddie Lack?

He's one of the best goaltending prospects in the league, & he is almost NHL ready (will probably be in the NHL next year)

We have alot of depth at goal with Lu/Schneids obviously then he and Joe Cannata waiting in the wings. I would be willing to part with hi,.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:41 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
What about Eddie Lack?

He's one of the best goaltending prospects in the league, & he is almost NHL ready (will probably be in the NHL next year)

We have alot of depth at goal with Lu/Schneids obviously then he and Joe Cannata waiting in the wings. I would be willing to part with hi,.
Lack would be interesting, however we have a goaltending prospect in juniors that looks to be on the road to becoming a blue chip prospect in Anthony Stolarz. Id love to grab lack but not sure that would be the sort of return homer would have in mind for Coburn. I think he'd either be looking for a young defenseman with potential or a 1st and a decent prospect.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Lack would be interesting, however we have a goaltending prospect in juniors that looks to be on the road to becoming a blue chip prospect in Anthony Stolarz. Id love to grab lack but not sure that would be the sort of return homer would have in mind for Coburn. I think he'd either be looking for a young defenseman with potential or a 1st and a decent prospect.
That other guy mentioned bringing back a top 4 replacement for Coburn that is more of a puck mover, he basically described Ballard to a Tee as he is a top 4 defenseman and more of a two-way puck mover.

Plus he would have to be in it for cap reasons.

Then what we would have to add, Lack is someone I would be willing to part with, possibly more than our 1st since we lack depth and the 1st is alot more valuable this year. Then again our 2nd would too. Then we have few prospect defenseman in Connaution or Corrado, those are our 2 top guys.

The prospects we won't give up though are Jensen, Schroeder, Tanev then probably Gaunce too, also not keen on giving up Corrado and the 1st, though both could be had.

I would be willing to do something around Ballard + Lack.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:51 PM
hockeyfreak7

There is absolutely no way Keith Ballard is the centerpiece of a Coburn deal. Coburn has had a bad start, but just a few months ago, trading him was considered unthinkable.

Now, with the emergence of L. Schenn, I would be open to moving Coburn, but only if we're getting a high impact, puck moving defender. Ballard is in absolutely no way the kind of guy the Flyers need.

I know Blues fans dont want to move Shattenkirk, but I would give up Coburn+Briere for him.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:57 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
There is absolutely no way Keith Ballard is the centerpiece of a Coburn deal. Coburn has had a bad start, but just a few months ago, trading him was considered unthinkable.

Now, with the emergence of L. Schenn, I would be open to moving Coburn, but only if we're getting a high impact, puck moving defender. Ballard is in absolutely no way the kind of guy the Flyers need.

I know Blues fans dont want to move Shattenkirk, but I would give up Coburn+Briere for him.
And then they laugh at your prosposal. The only player besides G of course that could land us Shatty is Couturier. I do that deal in a second if I have the chance. Blues fans were pretty content with the value of that trade, not saying they need that to happen though.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:32 AM
tade

I agree, I would move Couturier only in one case if it would be for Shattenkirk.

Coburn + Briere for Shattenkirk seems like a good deal too for both sides.
St. Louis will acquire top pairing D-men in the best age who might fill missing spot for Shattenkirk very well. Obviously Coburn is not that good as Shattenkirk in offense and that's why Briere is here. He would be nice addition to their offense which needs someone like him, play-off beast who would help them a lot in play-off to score a lot of important goals with a nice salary comming to next years.

I would be really sad to see Briere leaving Philly but I would do this trade. I can't see anyone complaining about this trade since it's really worth for both sides.

tade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:59 AM
PropJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
any player on the Flyers whose last name isnt Giroux, Voracek, Simmons, Couturier (unless we're getting a bonafide #1 defeneman), Schenn, or Grossmann is avaialble IMO
Wayne Simmonds is available just no guys named Simmons.

But seriously? You wouldn't give up Simmonds for a number 2 defenseman? That's overvaluing your guy.

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:08 AM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJoe View Post
Wayne Simmonds is available just no guys named Simmons.

But seriously? You wouldn't give up Simmonds for a number 2 defenseman? That's overvaluing your guy.
Simmonds is the man. I wouldn't either. Giroux Vorabeast Simmer and Schenn Bros are my UTs.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:20 AM
DavidBL

How close is value on DSP+NYI second rounder this year for Briere?

DavidBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:33 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBL View Post
Who the **** is DSP?

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:33 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Devante Smith-Pelly?

chinatown81592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:04 AM
tade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn Bros Pizza View Post
Simmonds is the man. I wouldn't either. Giroux Vorabeast Simmer and Schenn Bros are my UTs.
I would add there Hartnell he's heart of this Flyers team.

tade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:28 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
Devante Smith-Pelly?
Rather have d prospect of similar value or a first

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Timmonen currently is leading his team in On ice Corsi, while having 51.6% of his starts in the defensive zone and finishing in the offensive zone 50.8% of the time. Honestly I don't see the negative value and I would welcome him on my leafs team.
Stats are one thing, but I've watched almost every Flyers game this season and Kimmo looks old and slow and injured on defense. This is just one example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyXe4SBW6dE

But Timonen has also given up a least two penalty shots this season when he has been caught behind the play and resorted to hooking. And of course Bryzgalov didn't stop them because he's hopeless on breakaways.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
This sounds workable to me. Admittedly though, I am not a Briere guy and want to move him pretty badly. Also, I am far from an expert on DSP.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
This sounds workable to me. Admittedly though, I am not a Briere guy and want to move him pretty badly. Also, I am far from an expert on DSP.
Done. Give me DSP now.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:36 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Value is very good IMO, and Briere has the kind of contract the Isles would love (high cap hit, low salary), but I'm not sure Briere waives to go to Long Island. I'd be ecstatic if he did though. I want this bum off my team so bad it's not even funny. His effort night in night out makes me want to puke.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:38 PM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Value is very good IMO, and Briere has the kind of contract the Isles would love (high cap hit, low salary), but I'm not sure Briere waives to go to Long Island. I'd be ecstatic if he did though. I want this bum off my team so bad it's not even funny. His effort night in night out makes me want to puke.
DSP is on the Ducks....

chinatown81592 is offline   Reply With Quote