HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's Time To #FireTambo & #FireLowe

Old
03-08-2013, 10:46 PM
#ualberta

vCash: 500
All competent fans know Krueger is the wrong coach for this team and must leave they also know steve tambellini and kevin Lowe are diseases holding the team back and must also go

If you still think krueger deserves some time or should be given a chance then you must not be watching the team i am watching

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:49 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Sorry this team is doomed. The man at the top is a clueless twit of a fawning fan boy owner. It all starts at the top.

Next we have Lowe sho should have been fired years ago instead of promoted.

Then we have Tambellini who is a no guts, no glory crap gm who's majority of moves have stunk.

Then we have a move that should have had this fan base in an utter up roar but as usual was happily lapped up, that being MacT. A guy that should have had his ass fired but was gently let go and proceeded to fail in getting a major job with any team in the league all this time. Of course the Oilers bring him back.

They dump Rennie and hire a guy who seems to have no game plan at all, though he is a good talker. The players look throughly confused and paralyzed.

We then have just an atrocious duo of assistants, Smith who had one year as an assistant before being punted to scouting and Bucky who had to be pulled from the minor league club because he seemed to not be able to find his ass with both hands.

No matter what they oilers due they are set up for failure again because if they fire Tambo either Lowe or MacT will take over. Both atrocities. If Krueger gets canned MacT takes over. I actually think mact already has his hands all over this team coaching and strat wise.

In the end all the garbage down the ladder is meaningless because we have a fool of an owner who values his boy hood dreams over the fans and good name of the team.

Fire Daryl Friggin Katz.
This. Stu Katz should grow a pair and hire a GM who has a clue.

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:50 PM
MetaOil1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
All competent fans know Krueger is the wrong coach for this team and must leave they also know steve tambellini and kevin Lowe are diseases holding the team back and must also go

If you still think krueger deserves some time or should be given a chance then you must not be watching the team i am watching
Agreed, All 3 need to go ASAP.

Also LOL and Dan Tencer and Rob Brown believing he is the right person to coach the team.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
alexo

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Yup, you got me. Just making stuff up again!

Wake up. He is the president of hockey operations. Perhaps you think he twiddles his thumbs all day?
So now it went from he said it himself to "he's the President of Hockey Ops so he must did it". Got it, that's exactly what I was getting at.

And again, like I said, I don't give any of them a free pass.. I'd fire the whole crew.. just checking to see if you were floating ******** out there like many here do, and it seems you were.

alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jbean

I think Burke is the best option for a GM replacement (obviously not as a GM under Lowe like Tambellini is) and then give him the choice of who he wants to coach the team and when that new coach should come in. Ruff is a possibility although I am not sure if he is the kind of guy to coach this team. Also I wouldn't mind keeping Krueger as an assistant if he was willing to be demoted, although a total culture change is probably best.

To Krueger's defense he has a sad selection of players to work with. If he doesn't want to go with the kids 100% of the team (which is the way it would be in an ideal situation) he has no choice but to use Belanger and Smyth as best as he can. There is no combination of players on this roster that won't suck on the ice.

jbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:52 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
Or season ticket holders can boycott the next home game (or 10). I for one will be leaving 2 seats empty.
What a grand gesture

You do know dude already has your money, right .....

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
What a grand gesture

You do know dude already has your money, right .....
Coming from the guy who said he would burn his season tickets.....last season.

You show them Gone....

Tad McMikowsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:53 PM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
Dont get so aggressive man. I just thought MacT was the cause of the Oilers woes. Kinda like Nolan was , and guys like that. You know, cause of course if you dont get hired (who even knows who applies for jobs, or why they were not hired, except for the brilliant minds) you must be a bad coach .
Its just shocking to me cause I was convinced it was MacT who was at fault for everything.
It wasnt?
Is that right? So which banned account would you be?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Del McPreston
5-14-6-1

vCash: 138
If they fire Krueger, the rest of the coaching staff needs to go too. Enough of recycling assistant coaches. Let the new guy bring his own people.

ffs Buchberger has been an assistant here since MacTavish was head coach. Ugh.

Del McPreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:55 PM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexo View Post
So now it went from he said it himself to "he's the President of Hockey Ops so he must did it". Got it, that's exactly what I was getting at.

And again, like I said, I don't give any of them a free pass.. I'd fire the whole crew.. just checking to see if you were floating ******** out there like many here do, and it seems you were.
Ive heard/seen him say it. If that isnt good enough for you then that's your prerogative. Im not going to spend time looking for it. Others have heard/seen it too. Im not making this up.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:55 PM
OilerNut*

Thing we need most is to develop a system to build around and kick everyone out who doesn't conform to it.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:56 PM
MetaOil1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
If they fire Krueger, the rest of the coaching staff needs to go. Enough of recycling assistant coaches. Let the new guy bring his own people.

I don't get how Kelly Buchberger has kept his job all this time.

Need to fire management and the coaching staff and start fresh.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbean View Post
defense he has a sad selection of players to work with. If he doesn't want to go with the kids 100% of the team (which is the way it would be in an ideal situation) he has no choice but to use Belanger and Smyth as best as he can. There is no combination of players on this roster that won't suck on the ice.
I totally disagree with this defense of Kruger. A good percentage of the team is playing MUCH worse with him at the helm than last year. The team talent wise is no where near as bad as they are showing.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
If they fire Krueger, the rest of the coaching staff needs to go too. Enough of recycling assistant coaches. Let the new guy bring his own people.

Guess who will be taking over if the oilers fire either kruger or tambo?

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:57 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexo View Post

Loew has a huge influence on tambo and the team, you are implying he does nothing and even though you say you want him fired if he does infact do nothing he should not be fired, you are contradicting yourself.
IATL is right

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Del McPreston
5-14-6-1

vCash: 138
Quote:
Guess who will be taking over if the oilers fire either kruger or tambo?
Yep, pathetic.

Last edited by Del Preston: 03-08-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Del McPreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Connor McOilers
We have the precious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmen 1 View Post
I agree, things must change , Tambo, Lowe, KRuegar all most go. iMagine Burke and Ruff leading our team.
I was thinking lately, could Burke be a likely candidate when tambo finally goes?
I never liked the guy on a personal level, but he might be able to do things with this group/what he could trade for.

Connor McOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:08 PM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

http://www.zoominfo.com/#!search/pro...rgetid=profile

Quote:
Lowe will preside over the entire operation, still having the final say on any transactions. 'Somebody at the end of the day has to make the final decision and that person is me,' admits Lowe. 'Steve will end up doing more of the day-to-day stuff of the General Manager's role, which is a lot. That's what was wearing me down personally.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:12 PM
jbean

Quote:
I totally disagree with this defense of Kruger. A good percentage of the team is playing MUCH worse with him at the helm than last year. The team talent wise is no where near as bad as they are showing.
This is very true, and it wasn't a whole hearted defense of Krueger. But he still doesn't have much to work with. I think when he plays Smyth and Belanger it is because he wants to play veterans that won't get eaten alive out there. Good teams have balance where they don't throw out their scoring line at every chance. His scoring lines have struggled and his depth lines suck. There are some things Krueger could have done differently, but he really has a crappy hand of cards to work with. I think even having Horcoff around would change things up quite a bit.

jbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Wheatking

I'd like to give Krueger the benefit of the doubt because lets be honest...this team is full of bad players. No offense to a guy like Justin Schultz but I'd say Smid is the only guy that can handle the minutes he's being given.

Nick Schultz- Hasn't come as advertised. He's more of a #5.
Whitney and Smyth- Done
Petrell and Belanger- Basically just on the team because they're good at one thing. They're also soft
Petry- Should be playing 18 minutes a night. He's also soft and I think he's a guy that will disappear in the playoffs.
Eager and Peckham- They've been alright but are afraid to take a punch. That's a big part of their game.
Hartikainen- He's at least a year away
Potter and Vande Velde- Shouldn't be in the NHL
Hemsky- He's having a bit of a bounce back year can't be counted on to show up every night. 5M can be better spent

All these players are expendable.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MetaOil1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Wow Kevin Lowe makes me sick....

Old
Chooch

Tied for last place. That is all.

Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:14 PM
boopronger

Well if you follow the "penguins" model, this is the year we draft our jordan staal at number 2 overall.

2002 at 5th overall Ryan Whitney (our gagner at 6th overall)
2003 at 1st overall MAF (taylor hall)
2004 at 2nd overall Malkin (RNH)
2005 at 1st overall Crosby (yakupov)
2006 at 2nd overall J. Stall (??? Jones??)

So they had all that talent including crosby and still ended up at 29th in the league in 2005-2006.

boopronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:15 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
It was time to fire Kevin Lowe a long time ago. It was time to fire him before Tambo came into the fold. It was time to fire him before Mac-T was hired. This guy has been more poisonous to our organization than Shane Corson was.
I'm not totally disagreeing with the people who say Kevin Lowe needs to be fired. Its tough to argue that he has performed well at his job since Katz bought the team. It may indeed be time to move on.

However I will disagree that Kevin Lowe is responsible for the state of the team today. Having watched Lowe's entire playing career and seen what he did with the lowest budget in the league as GM of the EIG owned Oilers, nobody will ever convince me that Lowe was a willing participant to any plan that included tanking, losing on purpose and disgracing the jersey and city.

Under the Katz regime it seems obvious that the emphasis has been on making the team a profitable business - maximize revenue by drafting the most recognizable names and getting a new, larger arena. The plan to tank is on Mr Katz. The hire of Tamby is on Mr Katz. The ineptitude seen in the trades, signings, contracts, banishments of the last four seasons is on Tamby. None of that is on Lowe.

The only big mistake that Lowe has made that is still affecting the team is the Horc contract. And even that doesn't matter because we are nowhere near a cap team - this is spite of the fact that the owner proclaimed no expense spared to bring a winner to Edmonton.

What has Tamby ever proven in the NHL?
What has Katz ever proven in the NHL?

Yet under an EIG budget, again and again Lowe was able to bring in talent, identify trades, make decent signings .... and at minimum give the coach a roster that didn't disgrace the jersey night after night.

Quote:
Tambellini has come right out and said he has to get approval on moves from lowe and above.
Yeah .... I'm going to need to see a link on that.

** Edit - Tencer and Brown just took a call from someone asking this question directly. Tencer said that Tamby requires approval from Lowe on any "big" deal. He called the management team a "collective". Brown disagreed and said that he has always felt that being the GM Tamby had the final call on everything. Dan then went to commercial.

Last edited by harpoon: 03-08-2013 at 11:23 PM.
harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
Yu have no idea what Lowe does or does not do right now.
What you do know is he got them the SCF final with MacT.
But of course, alot of the tall foreheads blamed MacT for all the teams woes.
Hows that going?
Turn on Ched. Tencer just said that Lowe has the final say on trades.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote