HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers/Blues

Old
03-08-2013, 10:24 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
What you need is Coburn, but I'm not sure what you could give up for him that would make sense.
We are not moving Shattenkirk, so that ends that.

We are going to use futures to get our target. Rattie and Cole is a likely package for a team that is in sell mode.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
No one is saying MDZ is soft, just want that to be clear.
Every thread I read, you keep saying MDZ is not a good fit on the blues. you're just hating on MDZ.
I don't see that much difference between the MDZ and Shattenkirk tbh. Last few games shattenkirk has been wetting the bed.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Oh lawd yes. I'd even add Kreider.

Miller-Backes-Callahan

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:19 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRanger View Post
Every thread I read, you keep saying MDZ is not a good fit on the blues. you're just hating on MDZ.
I don't see that much difference between the MDZ and Shattenkirk tbh. Last few games shattenkirk has been wetting the bed.
That is the whole point we do not need a similar styled defeneman to Shattenkirk to play with Shattenkirk. We need someone who is more of a bruising defenseman that can skate. Right now Jackman is playing with Pietrangelo to have a physical defenseman with Pietrangelo.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
That is the whole point we do not need a similar styled defeneman to Shattenkirk to play with Shattenkirk. We need someone who is more of a bruising defenseman that can skate. Right now Jackman is playing with Pietrangelo to have a physical defenseman with Pietrangelo.
You need to trade him while his value is high, get what you need a #1c from a sucker.
Love the Blues, but Shattenkirk is all hype.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:26 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
You need to trade him while his value is high, get what you need a #1c from a sucker.
Wow, I didn't know hype could move the puck and set up plays so well.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Oberyn
The Red Viper

Quote:
Shattenkirk has almost double MDZ's points. If he's all hype, then MDZ is a complete plug.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Shattenkirk has almost double MDZ's points. If he's all hype, then MDZ is a complete plug.
Like I said earlier, I don't see much difference between the 2, both are soft as a Charmin.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Bluesman91

vCash: 1691
Quote:
Like I said earlier, I don't see much difference between the 2, both are soft as a Charmin.
Guess you haven't watched games this year. Shattenkirk looks stronger and has stepped up his defensive game. He's throwing his body around more and pushing opponents of the puck much easier, and still putting up points. He is also one of the main threats on what was the league leading powerplay until we lost half of a powerplay line.

Shattenkirk has been our best defenseman so far this year.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Guess you haven't watched games this year. Shattenkirk looks stronger and has stepped up his defensive game. He's throwing his body around more and pushing opponents of the puck much easier, and still putting up points. He is also one of the main threats on what was the league leading powerplay until we lost half of a powerplay line.

Shattenkirk has been our best defenseman so far this year.
The 2 games I watched he wasn't, vs Stars and Kings.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:18 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
The 2 games I watched he wasn't, vs Stars and Kings.
I hope you don't think two games is a good sample for making any kind of judgement about a player. Shattenkirk is really, really good. His defensive game is above average and he's not soft. He's just not a full-on shutdown guy and he isn't a huge bruiser. It's not just one or the other.

You're also talking about games in which Shattenkirk was split up from his partner and had to make due with Redden, who is a regular scratch.
Don't let a small sample when the Blues were at their worst mislead you.

Also, as a Blues fan, I'll clearly state I don't think Shattenkirk has been the Blues' best defenseman this year. Pietrangelo is absolutely better, it's just that Shattenkirk has exceeded relative expectations and Pietro has been up and down.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
I hope you don't think two games is a good sample for making any kind of judgement about a player. Shattenkirk is really, really good. His defensive game is above average and he's not soft. He's just not a full-on shutdown guy and he isn't a huge bruiser. It's not just one or the other.

You're also talking about games in which Shattenkirk was split up from his partner and had to make due with Redden, who is a regular scratch.
Don't let a small sample when the Blues were at their worst mislead you.

Also, as a Blues fan, I'll clearly state I don't think Shattenkirk has been the Blues' best defenseman this year. Pietrangelo is absolutely better, it's just that Shattenkirk has exceeded relative expectations and Pietro has been up and down.
He shouldn't been ******** on my players and say shattenkirk is better than MDZ, and shattenkirk is 1+ years older.
Elliott has been bailing out a lot of the miscues, Elliott is not as good this year so the warts have been exposed on that D.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:39 AM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Shattenkirk is certainly not all hype from Blues fans...We all acknowledge that he is a very very good offensive dman who is not great nor terrible in his own end...Hype does not put up back to back 43 point seasons at the age of 22 and 23 as well as 17 points in 23 games...Maybe other overrate him but Blues fans rate him as what he is which is a very good young puck moving dman who puts up points...If Shattenkirk is all hype what does that make MDZ?

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:45 AM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
He shouldn't been ******** on my players and say shattenkirk is better than MDZ, and shattenkirk is 1+ years older.
Elliott has been bailing out a lot of the miscues, Elliott is not as good this year so the warts have been exposed on that D.
He brough up that Shattenkirk vs. MDZ after you crapped on Shattenkirk and he did not crap on him he just brought up the fact that Shatty is outperforming MDZ by a large margin this year...You are not making much sense here...You crap on Shatty so the poster points out the fact that Shatty is outperforming MDZ this year so if Shatty is all hype what does that make MDZ...You then state that he should not have crapped on "your" player when he was refuting you crapping on Shatty.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:48 AM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
So saying he is not a good fit for the Blues in his opinion is him crapping on MDZ? You need to better comprehend what is being said and stop being so sensative.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:56 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

This proposal is bad. Very bad.

What about Girardi?

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:01 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
I don't care at all about what one person says about "your" players. That has nothing to do with calling a player all hype and judging him based on two games. You basically just admitted you don't know what you're talking about and are trolling for a reaction instead of having honest discourse.

You're also wrong about the Blues being bailed out by Elliott last year.

So this is done.

Old
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
This proposal is bad. Very bad.

What about Girardi?
Forget replacing Del Zotto, I would ADD Girardi to this trade as is, and take it and run.

bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
What you need is Coburn, but I'm not sure what you could give up for him that would make sense.
Same can be said about Alzner, Tyutin, Smid, Vlasic, etc.

Teams don't really like giving up the kind of defensemen the Blues need.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:02 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
So saying he is not a good fit for the Blues in his opinion is him crapping on MDZ? You need to better comprehend what is being said and stop being so sensative.
I am too drunk to be sensitive
You need to be offensively efficient to make up for your defensive warts, neither one of them is.
I am not trying to start a flame war here, love a lot about the blues, Backes is one of the most underrated leaders in the league, Perron is dynamite, TJ is one feisty winger ... my only beef is with Shattenkirk and his hype ... I have the same problem with MDZ and his hype ... and I am a ranger fan

Peace out

Old
03-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
I don't care at all about what one person says about "your" players. That has nothing to do with calling a player all hype and judging him based on two games. You basically just admitted you don't know what you're talking about and are trolling for a reaction instead of having honest discourse.

You're also wrong about the Blues being bailed out by Elliott last year.

So this is done.
No we are not done, you are wrong and you are trying to shut me up based on the subjective use of the word "basically"
I can say the same thing, you are "basically" wrong because you are homer. How is that?

Old
03-09-2013, 01:06 AM
BrianBoyle
↓ Perfection ↓

vCash: 300
Quote:
Del Zotto isn't soft.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Yeah Del Zotto isn't soft. There's alot of "things" Del Zotto is. I have a list.

Soft is not one of them.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:14 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Yeah Del Zotto isn't soft. There's alot of "things" Del Zotto is. I have a list.

Soft is not one of them.
Can you list a couple?

Old
03-09-2013, 01:16 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Del Zotto isn't soft.
We will disagree.
Now that I am outnumbered, I will bow out.
But I will never admit defeat