HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jake Gardiner

Old
03-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
More accurate then your opinion sense we see him play. Look I know as a ducks fan it must suck knowing that Gardiner was stolen from your team, then Shultz bolted for the Oilers, but just because your team lost it's 2 best young d men don't that cloud your judgement.
Because the miracle of digital television means I can't see him, right? I've seen him quite a bit, and I can describe his game without limiting it to skillsets that don't actually tell you how good he is.

They weren't Anaheim's best young D. That is, and was, Fowler. Best young defensive prospect? Yup. Though Lindholm is a pretty fantastic replacement. Anaheim got Beauchemin in return, who has been stellar for Anaheim. I'm okay with that trade. I won't regret it.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Well, apparently some leaf fans wouldn't trade him straight up for Matt Duchene since he outscored him last year. That's what I was told on a few occasions during the lockout.

He's doing it AGAIN this year, as long as you don't get too wrapped up in semantics like AHL/NHL or whatever.

I gotta imagine the value of Godiner is really, really high.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Paris in Flames

To answer the earlier question, yes...Leafs fans anticipate Rielly being the better player.

However, that doesn't mean we're willing to move Gardiner. I'm quite happy having both.

Paris in Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

vCash: 500
Gardiner new nickname should be Charmin.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Well, apparently some leaf fans wouldn't trade him straight up for Matt Duchene since he outscored him last year. That's what I was told on a few occasions during the lockout.

He's doing it AGAIN this year, as long as you don't get too wrapped up in semantics like AHL/NHL or whatever.

I gotta imagine the value of Godiner is really, really high.
Get over yourself, jesus christ man.

I've heard Avalanche fans say some pretty ridiculous things too, I just don't pout it to an internet board.

Leafs should keep Gardiner, an amazing skating defenseman with huge upside don't grow on trees.

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:27 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post

How's Holland coming along by the way? Supposed to be better than Kadri and all, I'd figure he's tearing up the league right now.
What does that have to do with anything? That's like someone commenting on how the Leafs haven't made the playoffs in what.. like 10 years?

NEWFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Because the miracle of digital television means I can't see him, right? I've seen him quite a bit, and I can describe his game without limiting it to skillsets that don't actually tell you how good he is.

They weren't Anaheim's best young D. That is, and was, Fowler. Best young defensive prospect? Yup. Though Lindholm is a pretty fantastic replacement. Anaheim got Beauchemin in return, who has been stellar for Anaheim. I'm okay with that trade. I won't regret it.
It won't take long for Gardiner and Schultz to overtake Fowler if they haven't already.

His AHL coach says that he is well beyond NHL ready. He'll be back and ready to perform for the Leafs.

Jake Gardiner's skill set is very valuable to the Leafs...he's got a great first pass out of the zone, he is one of the best skaters in the league easily, good vision, smart puck mover and his highest potential is Duncan Keith.

This is what some people say about his skills:

Quote:
Aaron Ward, TSN analyst
“He totally reminds me of Scott Niedermayer. His skating is so effortless. When he moves the puck he has his head up. That’s his glaring skill. It isn’t the speed so much as the control he has and the level of confidence he exhibits. It was the same with Paul Coffey.

“I know you can’t compare Jake to those players but it’s what I see when he has the puck between the goal line and the neutral zone that reminds you of those guys.”

Dallas Eakins, head coach, Toronto Marlies
“The biggest thing I noticed about him is that he was a very, very confident kid. He wasn’t a guy who just wanted to dip his big toe into professional hockey and then go on carefully from there. Right from the first puck drop he wanted into the play.

“He does all the little things very well for such a young player. He angles players off the puck well. He positions himself well between the opponent and the puck. He has a great stick. Put those things together with that great speed and you have the potential to have a real special player.”
If you know Dallas Eakins, you would know he doesn't hand out praises that quickly or easily.

He's just a very special player. I can't wait till Morgan Rielly and Jake Gardiner are our best defenseman.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:34 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
It won't take long for Gardiner and Schultz to overtake Fowler if they haven't already.

His AHL coach says that he is well beyond NHL ready. He'll be back and ready to perform for the Leafs.

Jake Gardiner's skill set is very valuable to the Leafs...he's got a great first pass out of the zone, he is one of the best skaters in the league easily, good vision, smart puck mover and his highest potential is Duncan Keith.

This is what some people say about his skills:

If you know Dallas Eakins, you would know he doesn't hand out praises that quickly or easily.

He's just a very special player. I can't wait till Morgan Rielly and Jake Gardiner are our best defenseman.
You can't be serious? Please tell me that was a troll post. The kids in the AHL and Fowler is in third NHL season. You really think the Ducks would have traded Gardiner if they thought Fowler and Schultz weren't better? You sir, are delusional.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:38 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Realistically, he's just not available.

The Leafs saw what he could do last year, and aren't going to give up on him because they've got 9 healthy dmen and are playing well.

The only deal he'd be made available in, is in a larger package for a bonafide star player... however, if the Leafs continue to win, the list of players that the Leafs would include Gardiner for gets shorter. From a practical standpoint, I don't think there's any wingers on that.
Ummmmmm Edmonton has 3 good wingers that i'm sure would peak Nonis interests.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
You can't be serious? Please tell me that was a troll post. The kids in the AHL and Fowler is in third NHL season. You really think the Ducks would have traded Gardiner if they thought Fowler and Schultz weren't better? You sir, are delusional.
No sir I am not.

Just because Fowler is on his third year doesn't mean he's better.

Do you remember that time when people said: "LOL Kadri is a bust, he can't crack one of the worst rosters in the league"

PK Subban didn't play when he was 18? Would you say Fowler is better than Subban ?

I am not delusional.

Schultz and Gardiner have a much higher potential than Cam Fowler. I wasn't wrong about Kadri and I know I won't be wrong about this, just give it 1-2 years.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:45 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
No sir I am not.

Just because Fowler is on his third year doesn't mean he's better.

Do you remember that time when people said: "LOL Kadri is a bust, he can't crack one of the worst rosters in the league"

PK Subban didn't play when he was 18? Would you say Fowler is better than Subban ?

I am not delusional.

Schultz and Gardiner have a much higher potential than Cam Fowler. I wasn't wrong about Kadri and I know I won't be wrong about this, just give it 1-2 years.

If you actually think that Gardiner is anywhere close to Fowler right now you are delusional. You're embarrassing yourself.

Fowlers been Anaheims best defenseman (2nd best at worst) and Gardiner can't beat out the likes of Holzer for a spot in the NHL.. Oh, and Cam is also younger.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:50 PM
wunderpanda

I haven't seen much of Gardiner, but he gets offered up as trade bait alot here.

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Pi

Quote:
If you actually think that Gardiner is anywhere close to Fowler right now you are delusional. You're embarrassing yourself.
Randy Carlyle had no choice but to play Fowler in his first year..they had nothing.. and Beauchemin was in Toronto.

A -54 is a good example of how good he is right? Dude is probably reaching Jack Johnson status.

Jake Gardiner was a -3 on a team that was -33 overall, I never saw him making any glaring mistakes and the mistakes he did make, his skating took him out of trouble.

I know it must suck for Anaheim fans seeing two young defenseman in Gardiner and Schultz (both of which coincidentally are compared to guys like Niedermayer's skating and ability to get out of trouble) but if you think that Fowler is a god while Schultz/Gardiner can't reach his status, you're the delusional one, not me.

You guys probably had Gardiner/Schultz pencilled onto your line ups..

Old
03-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
Get over yourself, jesus christ man.

I've heard Avalanche fans say some pretty ridiculous things too, I just don't pout it to an internet board.

Leafs should keep Gardiner, an amazing skating defenseman with huge upside don't grow on trees.
Hey, feel free to stick it to those Avs fans who have done that to you as well.

You want to come in and defend your fellow leaf fan who was spewing ridiculous garbage during the lockout, fine by me but you look just as bad.

He deserves to have it thrown back in his face.

That's the problem with this place, everyone thinks they know everything and then when it's proved they actually knew NOTHING, it's all swept under the rug and covered up.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:53 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
Randy Carlyle had no choice but to play Fowler in his first year..they had nothing.. and Beauchemin was in Toronto.

A -54 is a good example of how good he is right? Dude is probably reaching Jack Johnson status.

Jake Gardiner was a -3 on a team that was -33 overall, I never saw him making any glaring mistakes and the mistakes he did make, his skating took him out of trouble.

I know it sucks for Anaheim fans seeing two young defenseman in Gardiner and Schultz (both of which coincidentally are compared to guys like Niedermayer's skating and ability to get out of trouble) but if you think that Fowler is a god while Schultz/Gardiner can't reach his status, you're the delusional one, not me.
You can't be serious can you? Alright, I'm done here. Watch some NHL games other than the Leafs before you spew that ********

Old
03-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
I haven't seen much of Gardiner, but he gets offered up as trade bait alot here.
Like Yannick Weber from the Canadiens, what does it ell you?

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Pi

Quote:

Fowlers been Anaheims best defenseman (2nd best at worst) and Gardiner can't beat out the likes of Holzer for a spot in the NHL.. Oh, and Cam is also younger.
Randy Carlyle has 9 healthy defenseman available right now..and the Leafs are winning while Gardiner plays 25 minutes in the AHL and looks every bit of a stud he was last year...

What's your point? This is getting to the same crap analysis that HFBoards is known for: "Kadri can't beat X out of the line up, how is he ever going to be a good player?"

Old
03-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Pi

Quote:
You can't be serious can you? Alright, I'm done here. Watch some NHL games other than the Leafs before you spew that ********
Not spewing whatever * * * * * * means .

I think you're a bit angry...

I think I am a good judge of hockey talent, I feel that Schultz/Gardiner will be better than Fowler, you don't have to take my word as gospel.

By the way, Bobby Ryan couldn't crack the Anaheim roster for 2.5 years..

Can we say BUST?

Oh HFBoards, you're great.

Old
03-08-2013, 11:59 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
Not spewing whatever * * * * * * means .

I think you're a bit angry...

I think I am a good judge of hockey talent, I think Schultz/Gardiner will be better than Fowler, you don't have to take my word as gospel.
I'll take the opinion of a GM over some biased Leafs fan any day thank you very much.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Stephen

Quote:

How could they possibly be that far apart when Gardiner outscored Fowler last year as a rookie? Gardiner is in the AHL for bizarre and unique circumstances relating to the lockout, Carlyle and the concussion... if not, he's the Leafs second best defenseman.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:00 AM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:

By the way, Bobby Ryan couldn't crack the Anaheim roster for 2.5 years..

Can we say BUST?

Oh HFBoards, you're great.
What in gods name are you talking about? He's a proven NHL player. Gardiner isn't. I don't see what you're saying here.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:01 AM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Ummmmmm Edmonton has 3 good wingers that i'm sure would peak Nonis interests.
Is this a fair deal?

Gardiner + Grabovski + 1st

for

Eberle + 2nd

puckfan13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:03 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
So is the rest of the Leaf team except for Kadri. Oh and this summer,Kadri was part of it and Gardiner was know where near any. Leaf fans are bi-polar idiots (im a Leaf fan im allowed to judge) doesnt mean the players worthless.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:07 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

Nuge

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:07 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
What in gods name are you talking about? He's a proven NHL player. Gardiner isn't. I don't see what you're saying here.
Gardiner isn't? are you sure? cause 75 games played last year and leading all rookie D men in scoring has yes he is a proven NHL player.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote