HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs Match O'Reilly Offer Sheet Part II [2 yrs 10 m, 5m AAV]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2013, 03:35 PM
  #101
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
O'Reilly wearing a blank logo less black hat in an interview after practice today. Can't say I recall a player doing that before.
Duchene probably told him he's not allowed to wear a hat with an Avs logo on it.

Who knows why he chose a black hat today and honestly, who cares. He was wearing an Avs hat the other day in Detroit.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 03:40 PM
  #102
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 19,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Duchene probably told him he's not allowed to wear a hat with an Avs logo on it.

Who knows why he chose a black hat today and honestly, who cares. He was wearing an Avs hat the other day in Detroit.
Yes he was. I guess he lost it.

Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 04:18 PM
  #103
The Shermanator
Butts
 
The Shermanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,496
vCash: 50
Time to light up Crawford.

The Shermanator is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 04:23 PM
  #104
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Duchene probably told him he's not allowed to wear a hat with an Avs logo on it.
"Take off that beret...!"


Av-merican is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 04:58 PM
  #105
volaju
Registered User
 
volaju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
O'Reilly wearing a blank logo less black hat in an interview after practice today. Can't say I recall a player doing that before.
Mike Chambers, is that you?

volaju is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 08:54 PM
  #106
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Adrian Dater @adater
I'll have a story in tomorrow's paper of Duchene and O'Reilly talking of rumors of their friendship being on ice
Maybe (hopefully) they'll say it's all BS and Dater/Chambers shut up about it for good.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:00 PM
  #107
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 19,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Adrian Dater @adater
I'll have a story in tomorrow's paper of Duchene and O'Reilly talking of rumors of their friendship being on ice

Maybe (hopefully) they'll say it's all BS and Dater/Chambers shut up about it for good.
Haha, the "rumors?" I think he means the stories from him and Chambers.

Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:40 PM
  #108
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,437
vCash: 500
O'Reilly's come back bigger and stronger this year. He looks like he's put on 20 pounds, and as a result has been more imposing on the ice.

shadow1 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 09:47 PM
  #109
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 19,781
vCash: 500
O'Reilly does look huge out there. Looks like a football player.

Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 11:04 PM
  #110
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,361
vCash: 500
O'Reilly is definitely a lot bigger. He was shooting a lot tonight but it seems like his passing/playmaking has really improved as well.

3 points in 4 games and he's winning around 57% of his faceoffs.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
03-08-2013, 11:22 PM
  #111
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,365
vCash: 500
O'Reilly and Duchene are hopefully going to be here forever.

Both such different hockey players but so good. O'Reilly had about 10 steals tonight and Dutchy was flying. Just awesome to watch.

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 12:13 AM
  #112
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 19,781
vCash: 500
O'Reilly's working his butt off you can't take that away from him. He's also showing some real nice vision and patience with the puck in the offensive zone which could hopefully speak volumns to him being able to build on last seasons point totals. For him to look this good his first few games is pretty impressive, especially after being given that contract.

Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 12:43 AM
  #113
Avs
Bozak + 2nd
 
Avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 3,074
vCash: 500
Minus our awful game against Columbus, anyone notice that extra jump our team seems to have since O'Reilly returned?

I thought we played our best game of the year against Detroit. Then I thought we played our best game against Chicago Wednesday. And then I thought we played our best game tonight.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they started playing like this right after O'Reilly came back.

Avs is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 12:46 AM
  #114
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 22,533
vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
O'Reilly's working his butt off you can't take that away from him. He's also showing some real nice vision and patience with the puck in the offensive zone which could hopefully speak volumns to him being able to build on last seasons point totals. For him to look this good his first few games is pretty impressive, especially after being given that contract.
Set up the game winner wit a sweet pass to Malkin. Love me some ROR. A complete bull on the puck tonight how many shots he have? Seemed like 15 and had a bunch of steals. I love Mr. Dibiase

The Kingslayer is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 12:47 AM
  #115
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 22,533
vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs View Post
Minus our awful game against Columbus, anyone notice that extra jump our team seems to have since O'Reilly returned?

I thought we played our best game of the year against Detroit. Then I thought we played our best game against Chicago Wednesday. And then I thought we played our best game tonight.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they started playing like this right after O'Reilly came back.
Now with EJ back look out Western Conference you are all on notice.

The Kingslayer is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 12:50 AM
  #116
skip2mybordeleau
HF "Soft" Boards
 
skip2mybordeleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
O'Reilly does look huge out there. Looks like a football player.
yeah there's no way he's the same size as when he was a rookie.

skip2mybordeleau is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 12:52 AM
  #117
Avs
Bozak + 2nd
 
Avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 3,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Now with EJ back look out Western Conference you are all on notice.
I think we are really starting to look good. I just hope it's not too late.

Avs is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 12:59 AM
  #118
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 19,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Set up the game winner wit a sweet pass to Malkin. Love me some ROR. A complete bull on the puck tonight how many shots he have? Seemed like 15 and had a bunch of steals. I love Mr. Dibiase
Haha, Dibiase for sure. I don't think he'll ever be able to live up to that $6.5M QO but I think he could live up to $5M, even though I don't think he deserved it this early in his career. Guess we'll have to see if either side can let bygones be bygones, and not let personal matters get in the way a year or so from now. If he continues to play this way $5M long term could be a good deal for both sides if they're both rational the next go around.

Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 01:11 AM
  #119
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,612
vCash: 500
He was a beast tonight.

I almost wonder if he's put on a little too much mass but we'll see.

Nihiliste is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 01:22 AM
  #120
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
i think ROR's mass is just fine. it's just NHL shape he needs to get into.
not saying he's out of shape or anything. but he just needs to get into the groove of playing in the NHL again and with his new physique.

CalderKing21 is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 03:46 AM
  #121
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 16,112
vCash: 500
He's got pretty good slap shot these days.

Colorado Avalanche is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 03:56 AM
  #122
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 16,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs View Post
I think we are really starting to look good. I just hope it's not too late.
One 5 game hot streak and we are back in the game, but but.. Is this team able to do 5 game winning streak? I doubt it.

Colorado Avalanche is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 04:42 AM
  #123
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 4,205
vCash: 500
This is from Daters blog after tonight's game,

Quote:
"I talked with Stastny, who was terrific tonight, after the game. One of the first things he said was how O’Reilly’s return has really changed the complexion of this team. The luxury of being able to roll three lines with such quality centers is something that opponents are going to have a very hard time matching."

Not to over-read anything here, but you could take some hope from this that he doesn't feel threatened by O'Reilly's return. Which could give us a little hope that he wants to be here going forward and will be willing to sign an extention.

16M down the middle isn't unmanageable... (5.5/5.5/5M)

I'd really like to see all three of them kept, especially if we can get in some sort of groove with all three in the lineup. The wingers to fill out the top 9 will come, between getting Downie back, the draft, and some options in free-agency.

Mitchell looked like he is getting a little more used to playing wing as well. He was always said to have that ability but being bounced back and fourth made him look less effective there. Which didn't seem to be the case last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
One 5 game hot streak and we are back in the game, but but.. Is this team able to do 5 game winning streak? I doubt it.
This game could do a lot to breath some real confidence back into the team, they seemed to all feel that the team was playing better and things were starting to click. Tonight validated their efforts, and will help build their confidence as a team as well.

This kind of win at this point could turn a season around, we'll just have to see how they come out against SJ. Which is another team they should be seething to prove themselves against.


Last edited by CobraAcesS: 03-09-2013 at 04:47 AM.
CobraAcesS is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 06:53 AM
  #124
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,357
vCash: 500
Hey guys, I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, and I didn't want to go through the other four pages, but does anyone know why O'Reilly switched to 90 this year?

AKL is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 07:07 AM
  #125
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 30,245
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
Hey guys, I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, and I didn't want to go through the other four pages, but does anyone know why O'Reilly switched to 90 this year?
He always wanted a number with #9 in it and I guess he felt he earned the right to switch to one. #37 was his training camp number.

Freudian is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.