HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver + Florida (No Goalies)

Old
03-08-2013, 10:12 PM
mstad101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
I don't think the Panthers are going to move Goc for a UFA Raymond. Doesn't make any sense.

Schroeder or picks for Goc makes a bit more sense.
Would not go near a deal of Schroeder for Goc. JS is our only top 6 potential center who can be reliable in the NHL right now in our system.
I know Goc is good and has been in the top 6 before in Nashville and Florida. But he isn't a 50 point center that I'd give Schroeder for. I'd rather try and pry Vermette with a first than deal an NHL ready prospect for a lesser player.
Without Schroeder we have literally no capable replacement if Kesler continues his bad luck isn't available for the playoffs.

Raymond in Fla could be very attractive if the Panthers were able to sign him for 3 years or so. Possibly around 3.5 million.
He can PK, PP and give you a solid 17 mins also around 35-50 points.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:41 AM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingEdge View Post
PS. I do like Goc, he isnt a scrap but not productive enough to make a switch.

In all fairness, Marcel Goc has averaged 38 points/season the last 3 years, to Raymonds 44.
Really what we lose in offense is made up for by faceoff/shutdown ability.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:54 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Raymond has been playing solid, but we do have what I would consider an adequate replacement in Schroeder (who has played wing).

I figured Raymond + 2nd is a "Gaustad like overpayment"
Raymond is a UFA, and do you know that Weaver is out for 3-4 weeks? I would do it if Raymond wasn't a UFA.

Dread Clawz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:26 AM
TheBleedingEdge

Quote:
In all fairness, Marcel Goc has averaged 38 points/season the last 3 years, to Raymonds 44.
Really what we lose in offense is made up for by faceoff/shutdown ability.
Marcel Goc?? Who plays in Florida?? Im asking because those numbers arnt correct. The most points Marcel ever put up was in Nashville at 30. Goals that year were an NHL high for him at 12.

He is definatly a large step down in offensive production and Raymond still is good on the PK to help eat a few mins there. His speed also helps back off defenders.

How did you come to a average of 38 points per season?

TheBleedingEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

His average is basically 18 points a season so my hope he just had a typo or something, otherwise I may begin to refer to him as an Enron Accountant

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Marcel Goc?? Who plays in Florida?? Im asking because those numbers arnt correct. The most points Marcel ever put up was in Nashville at 30. Goals that year were an NHL high for him at 12.

He is definatly a large step down in offensive production and Raymond still is good on the PK to help eat a few mins there. His speed also helps back off defenders.

How did you come to a average of 38 points per season?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
His average is basically 18 points a season so my hope he just had a typo or something, otherwise I may begin to refer to him as an Enron Accountant
I did his average ppg over3 seasons x82 (hes been bit by the injury bug)

He averages out to 38 points/season over 82 games.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:08 PM
TheBleedingEdge

Quote:
I did his average ppg over3 seasons x82 (hes been bit by the injury bug)

He averages out to 38 points/season over 82 games.
Ahhh no sir, thats not an average. Thats blatant false advertisement. You cant average something you never reached

TheBleedingEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Ahhh no sir, thats not an average. Thats blatant false advertisement. You cant average something you never reached
Ok, in his last 3 seasons, he put up 59 points in 127 games, which is a .46 PPG average during that time.

If this were pro-rated to an 82 game season he would have been on pace 38.5 points

2010-2011 - On Pace for 39 points
2011-2012 - On pace for 39 points
2012-2013 - On pace for 35 points

Is it that ridiculous to call him a 38 point player?

Old
03-09-2013, 01:36 PM
SufferingCatFan

The Panthers have no need or interest in a rental Raymond at any price given that the team is in full tank mode trying to give its AHLers experience in the NHL.

That is not to suggest that Goc is not available, he undoubtedly is for the right price, especially if the Cats resign Weiss. Undoubtedly there will be a number of teams interested in a solid veteran center with his skill set signed to a reasonable contract for an additional year. I imagine that, at worst, Tallon will get a late no. 1 for him from a contender, such being the law of supply and demand.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
The Panthers have no need or interest in a rental Raymond at any price given that the team is in full tank mode trying to give its AHLers experience in the NHL.

That is not to suggest that Goc is not available, he undoubtedly is for the right price, especially if the Cats resign Weiss. Undoubtedly there will be a number of teams interested in a solid veteran center with his skill set signed to a reasonable contract for an additional year. I imagine that, at worst, Tallon will get a late no. 1 for him from a contender, such being the law of supply and demand.
I would disagree about the late no. 1.

I know Gaustad went for a 1st last year.. but I feel like hes the exception, not the rule.

As much as I love Goc, I think people take Gaustad 9 times out of 10 due to his size/grit he brings.

An early 2nd I could see (somewhere 31-40)

Old
03-09-2013, 01:57 PM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
I would disagree about the late no. 1.

I know Gaustad went for a 1st last year.. but I feel like hes the exception, not the rule.

As much as I love Goc, I think people take Gaustad 9 times out of 10 due to his size/grit he brings.

An early 2nd I could see (somewhere 31-40)
As I recall, Gaustad was a rental and soon-to-be UFA whereas Goc is signed to another year at somewhere under $2 million if I recall correctly. I suspect that Tallon will just keep him and trade him next year if someone does not overpay.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Wizeman*

I do it. I trade Raymond for Goc.

But its on Tallon to re sign him. We aint sign and trading him for you. If we re sign him we keep him. So it would really be a refusal by Raymond to re sign type of trade.

So I doubt Tallon goes for this. Trade Goc for the 'rights' to Raymond.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 01:55 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
I do it. I trade Raymond for Goc.

But its on Tallon to re sign him. We aint sign and trading him for you. If we re sign him we keep him. So it would really be a refusal by Raymond to re sign type of trade.

So I doubt Tallon goes for this. Trade Goc for the 'rights' to Raymond.
And Florida has no reason to do this...so no.

Dread Clawz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:26 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Goc won't get a 1st.

Would do 2nd + Prospect though.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:32 AM
JuniorNelson

Gillis has been after Tallon to accept Luongo since before the CBA. If there were any basis whatsoever to force a trade, it would have been done. Expecting a trade from Gillis now is uncharacteristic. It is hard to imagine Gillis has not approached anybody about a center. Tallon would top the list. I don't think there is any desire from Tallon to help out Gillis. It's more a case of Gillis throwing a floundering Tallon an anchor and Tallon knows this by now.

JuniorNelson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:05 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 672
Quote:
Florida
Mason Raymond
2nd Round Pick

Vancouver
Marcel Goc
Mike Weaver

(then move Ballard at the deadline, and re-unite Garrison/Weaver)

This would give Vancouver 6 players acquired from the Panthers on their active roster.

So when Vancouver goes on a deep playoff run, Florida gets 1/3 of the credit for vicariously achieving post season success.

(But in all seriousness I want these players)
couple of quick observation for the cheap seats
1) Just where are you sending the Great and Wonderful Ballard too? 1pt in 20games and playing an average of 16minutes a game with a price tag of 4.2 for two more years after this year
2) Raymond is UFA after this year and the panthers have an internal cap and a few key RFS to sign
3) Weaver is playing 20 minutes a night and is signed for another year as is goc.

Nucks will need to add. Panthers are not in a win now mode and Goc and Weaver are to vets that are helping the kids in the sun

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote