Getzlaf just signed an 8 year extension

Old
03-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

vCash: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
You want a "solid defender and a #2C" and you don't think Lindholm, Etem, Vatanen and at least one #1 pick will be asked for? With the possible exception of DSP everything else you're offering (player wise) is table scraps.
Uhhh I clearly included the 1st rounder and I don't think those are table scraps. The 1st plus DSP is enough for a rental 2C and the rest is definitely enough for a Regehr type defender.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Johnny Caravella
The Doctor is in!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar Strokes View Post
Uhhh I clearly included the 1st rounder and I don't think those are table scraps. The 1st plus DSP is enough for a rental 2C and the rest is definitely enough for a Regehr type defender.
I think that's highly debateable (and at this point in time the rest really are table scraps) but even if it could happen I have no interest in losing Perry (when he walks), a 1st, DSP, and your rental #2C (when he walks) for a maybe shot at the Cup.

I might understand keeping Perry and going for it if things really look good at the deadline, but I have no interest in buying more rentals and being left with nothing at season's end. Not for a budget team that can't just go out and buy what it needs.

Johnny Caravella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:11 AM
Unholy
kesbae

*strolls on in* >.>

#1 center and captain locked up? Good for me. Glad to see Getzy stay for the longterm, not that I had any doubts on him re-signing.

Unholy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:13 AM
Papaspud
Vatman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
*strolls on in* >.>

#1 center and captain locked up? Good for me. Glad to see Getzy stay for the longterm, not that I had any doubts on him re-signing.
oh, look who showed up?

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:19 AM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 902
go to bed...both of you. its late

gratefulyours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:40 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Man, that's a huge contract to live up to. He's pretty much doing it this year... but if Perry doesn't get resigned this is going to stink big time. I'll be a little surprised if Perry isn't resigned by the end of this season. It's not like New York has the dough to go out and buy him. Would Toronto throw 8 mill at him?

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 07:46 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Great to get the captain locked up.

TBH I don't like 8 years, but that's what they agreed to so that's what he was going to get.

I was selfishly hoping for a little less (8 million), but this is still a hometown discount. Market value would have been 8.5 to 9.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Also from Perry via Stephens "It’s one of those things where I’ll wait and see what happens. I'm not going to change my answer just because he signed."

Change his answer?
Leaf fan here, just wanted to give my two cents on this :p To me he's saying Getzlaf re-signing will be a factor in the grand scheme of things but it won't be a determining one. He's pretty much saying that he's looking out for himself and he's going to wait and see (wait to hit free agency) IMO I think he's gone, there is nothing in his quotes lately that makes me think that he's anywhere close to re-signing. He sounds like a guy who is resigned to the fact that he's going to the market come July.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
If Perry is gone, it's not gonna be about money (well not first and foremost anyways). If he wants to be somewhere else, there's really nothing Murray can do about it, other than trade him and get some assets in return.

Elvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Finnpin
"internet"

I really hope Getzlaf plays the upcoming years like it's contract year every year but I'm glad to see him signed...I have a feeling Perry is gone and imo he has to get moved in trade deadline...even though the team is winning.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote