HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.A. Parenteau

Old
03-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Hans Landaskog

vCash: 500
P.A. Parenteau

Very happy with this signing, better than what I expected and I had high expectations the day we signed him.

Fun Fact!

PAP 23GP 10G 13A 23PTS +6 $4mil
Zack Parise 22GP 8G 7A 15PTS -2 $7.5mil
Jiri Hudler 19GP 4G 12A 16PTS +1 $4mil
Alexander Semin 23GP 6G 17A 23PTS +17 $7mil

PAP right now is the best bang for your buck signing for free agent forwards this year. I'd argue that Semin is in a better situation due to the East's tendencies to have higher scoring games in general as well. Not to mention playing with a rejuvenated Eric Stall and a breakout year for Tlusty.

PAP has been great with Duchene this season and one could argue he has been our most consistent forward as well.

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:47 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Awesome signing. I really like him, he seems to be scoring more than he usually does. He meshes really well with Duchene.

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:51 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Where is Jones?

PAP has been awesome no denying that.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:52 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
Very happy with this signing, better than what I expected and I had high expectations the day we signed him.

Fun Fact!

PAP right now is the best bang for your buck signing for free agent forwards this year. I'd argue that Semin is in a better situation due to the East's tendencies to have higher scoring games in general as well. Not to mention playing with a rejuvenated Eric Stall and a breakout year for Tlusty.

PAP has been great with Duchene this season and one could argue he has been our most consistent forward as well.
I still think Carolina made best decision on Semin for one year $7 million. No risk and Semin for a year. That's still the best deal IMO.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:58 AM
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry

vCash: 50
You're doing it wrong. You are supposed to complain about how we let Mueller and Fleischmann go, ignoring that either of them probably would have spontaneously combusted if they stuck around.

Now stop it with this good signing nonsense.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:06 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 264
Well, now that we're all pleased with his production he's sure to explode. And I don't mean points-wise. I am saying he will be the victim of spontaneous combustion.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:56 AM
CobraAcesS

I just love how some people were saying they would be happy as long as he 'came close' to his previous seasons production. Hes out pacing it...

The thing about Semin is the fact that he is only on a 1 year contract, and will surely require a long-term 7M contract going forward. Parenteau has 3 years left on his contract, and Duchene is only getting better.

If I was a NYI fan, I would be livid right now... 70 point player (PPG right now) was let go for 4M? McGinn & PA were both steals hands down.

Parenteau has a calm blue-collar attitude, with white collar skill. Hes always going to give you 100% because of how hard he had to work to get to this level.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:16 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
You're doing it wrong. You are supposed to complain about how we let Mueller and Fleischmann go, ignoring that either of them probably would have spontaneously combusted if they stuck around.

Now stop it with this good signing nonsense.
Letting go Fleischmann was mistake. Mueller they should have kept as well, but yeah whatever. What has been done is done.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:23 AM
22FUTON9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post

Fun Fact!

you can argue that semins the one whos making both staal and tluskty better to an extent.

loving PAP

22FUTON9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by col9duchie View Post
you can argue that semins the one whos making both staal and tluskty better to an extent.

loving PAP
And you'd be right. I'd love to add Sasha to this team next season.

As for PAP, getting him was an incredible move and I love it more and more with each passing day.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:44 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Letting go Fleischmann was mistake. Mueller they should have kept as well, but yeah whatever. What has been done is done.
I really wouldn't mind seeing the Avs re-acquire Flash if the Panthers continue to struggle. I still think the Avs just didn't want to shell out the cash for Flash at the time due to his medical problems and slightly unproven production.

Flash-Duchene-PAP would be pretty sexy.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:33 AM
CB Joe

Given the health concerns letting Fleischmann go was the right decision.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Cullen Bohannon

PAP > Flash and Mueller.

Cullen Bohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
STILL don't understand how anyone can say that with a straight face.

09-10 -> Mueller 15GP 20PTS - $1.7M salary
10-11 -> Mueller 0GP 0PTS - $2M salary
11-12 -> Mueller 32GP 16PTS - $2M salary

The guy missed 132+ games in a little over 2 seasons and people are confused as to why he was let go?!?!

We find and sign a better player in UFA and people STILL think we should have kept him?

After a hot start, Mueller has settled into a 12 point in 25 games played season. That's with getting almost 3mins (2:49) of PP per game.

Combine THAT with the fact that he's unlikely to play a full season (at least, for the Avs anyways) they made the right decision letting him go.

IF we had signed him and he'd gotten injured the same people complaining that we let him go would be complaining that we signed him.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:04 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
STILL don't understand how anyone can say that with a straight face.

09-10 -> Mueller 15GP 20PTS - $1.7M salary
10-11 -> Mueller 0GP 0PTS - $2M salary
11-12 -> Mueller 32GP 16PTS - $2M salary

The guy missed 132+ games in a little over 2 seasons and people are confused as to why he was let go?!?!

We find and sign a better player in UFA and people STILL think we should have kept him?

After a hot start, Mueller has settled into a 12 point in 25 games played season. That's with getting almost 3mins (2:49) of PP per game.

Combine THAT with the fact that he's unlikely to play a full season (at least, for the Avs anyways) they made the right decision letting him go.

IF we had signed him and he'd gotten injured the same people complaining that we let him go would be complaining that we signed him.
Who would've been complaining about the signing if it was the same deal he got in Florida and took the precautions (aka signed PAP). He may only have 12 points in Florida, but Fleishmann, their top scorer only has 17. 5th in team scoring for 1.7 million RFA is a steal. Are you really telling me that O'Reilly playing with Mitchell and Palushaj is better than him playing with Mueller?

If we didn't run 3 scoring lines and he would've looked out of place on the 3rd, that's a different story.

PAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:22 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Who would've been complaining about the signing if it was the same deal he got in Florida and took the precautions (aka signed PAP). He may only have 12 points in Florida, but Fleishmann, their top scorer only has 17. 5th in team scoring for 1.7 million RFA is a steal. Are you really telling me that O'Reilly playing with Mitchell and Palushaj is better than him playing with Mueller?

If we didn't run 3 scoring lines and he would've looked out of place on the 3rd, that's a different story.
Now hold on just a second, John Mitchell has been fantastic this season on the 3rd line, over an 82 game season he would be on pace for 26 goals playing on the 3rd line, I think that's a great signing. Time will tell with Palushaj but there's no doubt the guy works his tail off every shift and goes to the dirty areas. I loved Mueller here and was sad to see him go but with results we've seen, I'm ok with it. If anything, Mueller should have been kept and David Jones should have been let go

dahrougem2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:31 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Now hold on just a second, John Mitchell has been fantastic this season on the 3rd line, over an 82 game season he would be on pace for 26 goals playing on the 3rd line, I think that's a great signing. Time will tell with Palushaj but there's no doubt the guy works his tail off every shift and goes to the dirty areas. I loved Mueller here and was sad to see him go but with results we've seen, I'm ok with it. If anything, Mueller should have been kept and David Jones should have been let go
While Mitchell has been great, he's a complete question mark. I'm not saying he's been bad, but with Mueller we know has the talent, we know he has chemistry on this team. I'm not hating on Mitchell by any means, but if I had a choice i'd take Mueller over both of them in a heartbeat.

As Bender said, Mueller missed 132+ games, YET he's 5th in scoring for the Panthers and will still be a RFA after. If this is how he looks after missing that many games, he's going to look so much better after a full season.

PAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:05 PM
klozge
Avs

I completely underrated PAP when the Avs signed him. Love him now.

klozge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

His play this year has been fantastic. That goal he scored last night way an absolute beauty. And the assist he had on Stastnys goal was incredible to.

DID NOT know he had that kind of a shot, assumed he was mostly a playmaker similar to Stastny, but his shot is very underrated.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:30 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
His play this year has been fantastic. That goal he scored last night way an absolute beauty. And the assist he had on Stastnys goal was incredible to.

DID NOT know he had that kind of a shot, assumed he was mostly a playmaker similar to Stastny, but his shot is very underrated.
PAP is very underrated in general. An absolute fantastic signing by Sherman. He not only is putting up points, he has a fair amount of grit and is fairly good defensively. Best signing this team has made in a long time.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Cullen Bohannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
PAP is very underrated in general. An absolute fantastic signing by Sherman. He not only is putting up points, he has a fair amount of grit and is fairly good defensively. Best signing this team has made in a long time.
Easily my pick for the best signing since Bruno and Lappy.

Which probably means once his contract is up, we will lose him to free agency for nothing, with not even a good-bye or a thank you from management

Cullen Bohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Nihiliste

One thing that's awesome about Parenteau is how positive he is out there and he just seems to be constantly having a good time. I bet he's a good influence in the room.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:13 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I just love how some people were saying they would be happy as long as he 'came close' to his previous seasons production. Hes out pacing it...

The thing about Semin is the fact that he is only on a 1 year contract, and will surely require a long-term 7M contract going forward. Parenteau has 3 years left on his contract, and Duchene is only getting better.

If I was a NYI fan, I would be livid right now... 70 point player (PPG right now) was let go for 4M? McGinn & PA were both steals hands down.

Parenteau has a calm blue-collar attitude, with white collar skill. Hes always going to give you 100% because of how hard he had to work to get to this level.
PA's replacement, Boyes, has 5 g, 15a at $1m. 2 of his assists came in this afternoon's game against the Caps.

I wanted Parenteau to stay, but understood why Snow didn't want to give him the term he wanted. I couldn't blame Parenteau for wanting to cash in, after several yrs in the AHL.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:17 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
PA's replacement, Boyes, has 5 g, 15a at $1m. 2 of his assists came in this afternoon's game against the Caps.

I wanted Parenteau to stay, but understood why Snow didn't want to give him the term he wanted. I couldn't blame Parenteau for wanting to cash in, after several yrs in the AHL.
But you also had trouble getting over the cap floor? What was the problem?

RobinDIF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
But you also had trouble getting over the cap floor? What was the problem?

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote