HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Valeri Nichushkin - Chelyabinsk, KHL (2013, 10th overall, Dallas)

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 12:57 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 500
http://www.allhockey.ru/articles/140614/

Now stop. So ****ing tired of it.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:41 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Yes but if Kuznetsov is comfortable why leave. He has a young wife and family there, a good franchise to play for, and the gap between KHL and NHL gets smaller each year. Also, the hockey suits his style better. I couldn't imagine him being happy with a guy like Hendricks being put on his wing like OV doing the dump and chase thing... Traktors top 6 rivals many NHL teams top 6 IMO so it may actually be a step down to what he is used to (obviously besides OV, Backy, Ribero, after that there is a cliff drop in talent). Basically, things are great for Kuznetsov so why change them?

And Washington hasn't been a great incubator for Russian guys in recent times, drove Semin out, Varly was gone (he is far better than any guy they have now), Orlov got jacked around last year by coach. Now things aren't looking so well for Galiev, Kugryshev was wrecked. There AHL program is absolutely abysmal for Euros...
Also there was Gustafsson. Kuznetsov was also upset he didn't even get an invite to the camp this year... Does this sound like a great organization for a guy like Kuznetsov to come to... Absolutely not.

So there are many reasons why a guy might not want to come to a certain organization right away regardless of money. These guys know they will get money wherever they go.

Do you think that Tarasenko would move to NHL if Sibir was such great organisation like Traktor? SKA was not his native team, but Sibir, like Traktor is for Kuznetsov, Nichuskin, Zinoviev (1996). There has been hockey boom in Chelyabinsk

Orlov, Bobrovsky - why did they move to NHL? Because Novokuznetsk was and still is weak. If they were from Chelyabinsk, they would consider staying. I am sure. Especially sad for Orlov, who does not deserve to play single minute in AHL!

Old
03-09-2013, 04:04 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post

Do you think that Tarasenko would move to NHL if Sibir was such great organisation like Traktor? SKA was not his native team, but Sibir, like Traktor is for Kuznetsov, Nichuskin, Zinoviev (1996). There has been hockey boom in Chelyabinsk

Orlov, Bobrovsky - why did they move to NHL? Because Novokuznetsk was and still is weak. If they were from Chelyabinsk, they would consider staying. I am sure. Especially sad for Orlov, who does not deserve to play single minute in AHL!
Orlov isn't in the AHL.

Its funny how some how you have this idea that Capitals are an abusive organization, Ovechkin is on record saying Kuznetsov and his wife can stay in his house as long as they need.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:24 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Orlov isn't in the AHL.
Please re-read my post
Quote:
Especially sad for Orlov, who does not deserve to play single minute in AHL!

Old
03-09-2013, 05:24 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Yes but if Kuznetsov is comfortable why leave. He has a young wife and family there, a good franchise to play for, and the gap between KHL and NHL gets smaller each year. Also, the hockey suits his style better. I couldn't imagine him being happy with a guy like Hendricks being put on his wing like OV doing the dump and chase thing... Traktors top 6 rivals many NHL teams top 6 IMO so it may actually be a step down to what he is used to (obviously besides OV, Backy, Ribero, after that there is a cliff drop in talent). Basically, things are great for Kuznetsov so why change them?

And Washington hasn't been a great incubator for Russian guys in recent times, drove Semin out, Varly was gone (he is far better than any guy they have now), Orlov got jacked around last year by coach. Now things aren't looking so well for Galiev, Kugryshev was wrecked. There AHL program is absolutely abysmal for Euros...
Also there was Gustafsson. Kuznetsov was also upset he didn't even get an invite to the camp this year... Does this sound like a great organization for a guy like Kuznetsov to come to... Absolutely not.

So there are many reasons why a guy might not want to come to a certain organization right away regardless of money. These guys know they will get money wherever they go.
Very selective quoting of my post there. As I said, the reasons behind Kuznetsov's decision to remain in the KHL likely won't be there for most other talented young Russians. Whether it was down to him having a young family, the potential NHL lockout or him wanting to give himself the best possible chance of playing at a Russian Olympics.

Far too much is made of the "Russian factor". Players that are talented enough to be fairly certain of their NHL roster spot typically come over. The risk of Nichushkin not coming over is negligible, and if teams are looking to pick him around the 10 spot, most players taken there would need a couple more years in juniors anyway.

Quote:

Tarasenko made it very clear to the Blues organisation early on that he wanted to come to the NHL as soon as he felt ready to get good minutes in the NHL. He done that. I can't speak about Bobrovsky, but Orlov always planned on going to North America sooner rather than later as well.

Things probably would have been different if Sibir and Metallurg were challenging for the Gagarin Cup, but you can't really apply that logic to players across the board.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:39 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Alklha
you are naive

Old
03-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Alklha
you are naive
What about?

Old
03-09-2013, 05:46 AM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Nichushkin with another playoff goal today for Traktor (they lead Avangard 1-0 at first intermission) .. it was more of the same, as beginning from inside his own blue line, he surged down the left wing, then rounded the Avangard D (Salmela) before taking the puck to the net and beating Ramo with a backhand glove-side.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:22 AM
tenho995

cant belive he improved thid much since the wjc..

Old
03-09-2013, 06:33 AM
Kshahdoo

Some people keep saying his style won't work in the NHL, but even in the NHL there aren't that many defensemen with his combination of skill and size. And don't forget, he'll become much stronger with maturing.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:00 AM
Peter25

Nichushkin had a career saving injury last fall which prevented him from going to Canadian juniors and completely ruining his career.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:09 AM
Eugene85

Nichushkin with 2 goals tonight. Traktor won 3:0

Old
03-09-2013, 07:10 AM
tenho995

nishuchkin with a pair!

Old
03-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Some people keep saying his style won't work in the NHL, but even in the NHL there aren't that many defensemen with his combination of skill and size. And don't forget, he'll become much stronger with maturing.
What?

Isn't Nichushkin a winger?

Old
03-09-2013, 07:33 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
What?

Isn't Nichushkin a winger?
Duh, he is. Kshahdoo was talking about his opponents.

I wonder how much would it cost for the NHL team to buy out his contract.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:41 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post

Why should they do it? Why should he want it? No reason. Btw, NHL club can not do it. So no chance.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:21 AM
kiluj

His 1st goal of today:

Same style.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Hockeysemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiluj View Post
His 1st goal of today:

Same style.
And 2nd goal:

Old
03-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post

I guess any NHL team can wait for 2 years to get a good prospect. Some of them wait for much longer (say, TML and Kadri).

Old
03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Flynn84

Quote:
Especially sad for Orlov, who does not deserve to play single minute in AHL!
WTF?
You just don't follow the news

Old
03-09-2013, 02:24 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn84 View Post
WTF?
You just don't follow the news
re-read my post again.

http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=3989

Orlov played over 30 AHL games in his carreer. Dont count this season (lockout and injury). Who does not follow news?

Old
03-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenho995 View Post
cant belive he improved thid much since the wjc..
Same scenario with Kuznetsov after 2011 WJC.

Both guys returned from WJC with more confidence in their game.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:54 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
I'm sure everyone will be talking to this kid in interviews, but if I'm picking in the teens, I'm perfectly alright with Nichushkin taking two more years in the KHL like Tarasenko. Tell him that's totally alright, but you do want to see him in the NHL ASAP after that year, if he seems ready.

The more I see of him, the more he looks like Rick Nash.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I'm sure everyone will be talking to this kid in interviews, but if I'm picking in the teens, I'm perfectly alright with Nichushkin taking two more years in the KHL like Tarasenko. Tell him that's totally alright, but you do want to see him in the NHL ASAP after that year, if he seems ready.

The more I see of him, the more he looks like Rick Nash.
Teens... sure. But what about if you have the 4th or 5th pick? Most say he's at worst the 5th best talent. But if you are picking 5 do you take him?

Old
03-09-2013, 06:50 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Teens... sure. But what about if you have the 4th or 5th pick? Most say he's at worst the 5th best talent. But if you are picking 5 do you take him?
No. I honestly wouldn't argue with someone who puts him 5th behind Drouin/Mackinnon/Jones/Barkov, but I'd still take Lindholm and probably Monahan over him. 7th is the earliest I'd take him, and if it's safe to assume a defenseman like Nurse gets taken somewhere in there, 8th is probably the earliest he gets taken. If it's a team that feels comfortable with Russians (Tampa, Detroit, etc.) then I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't bet on my team taking him at #8, even though he deserves to be there.

Closed Thread