HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Valeri Nichushkin - Chelyabinsk, KHL (2013, 10th overall, Dallas)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2013, 12:57 AM
  #301
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,565
vCash: 500
http://www.allhockey.ru/articles/140614/

Now stop. So ****ing tired of it.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 02:41 AM
  #302
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Yes but if Kuznetsov is comfortable why leave. He has a young wife and family there, a good franchise to play for, and the gap between KHL and NHL gets smaller each year. Also, the hockey suits his style better. I couldn't imagine him being happy with a guy like Hendricks being put on his wing like OV doing the dump and chase thing... Traktors top 6 rivals many NHL teams top 6 IMO so it may actually be a step down to what he is used to (obviously besides OV, Backy, Ribero, after that there is a cliff drop in talent). Basically, things are great for Kuznetsov so why change them?

And Washington hasn't been a great incubator for Russian guys in recent times, drove Semin out, Varly was gone (he is far better than any guy they have now), Orlov got jacked around last year by coach. Now things aren't looking so well for Galiev, Kugryshev was wrecked. There AHL program is absolutely abysmal for Euros...
Also there was Gustafsson. Kuznetsov was also upset he didn't even get an invite to the camp this year... Does this sound like a great organization for a guy like Kuznetsov to come to... Absolutely not.

So there are many reasons why a guy might not want to come to a certain organization right away regardless of money. These guys know they will get money wherever they go.


Do you think that Tarasenko would move to NHL if Sibir was such great organisation like Traktor? SKA was not his native team, but Sibir, like Traktor is for Kuznetsov, Nichuskin, Zinoviev (1996). There has been hockey boom in Chelyabinsk

Orlov, Bobrovsky - why did they move to NHL? Because Novokuznetsk was and still is weak. If they were from Chelyabinsk, they would consider staying. I am sure. Especially sad for Orlov, who does not deserve to play single minute in AHL!

vorky is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 04:04 AM
  #303
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post


Do you think that Tarasenko would move to NHL if Sibir was such great organisation like Traktor? SKA was not his native team, but Sibir, like Traktor is for Kuznetsov, Nichuskin, Zinoviev (1996). There has been hockey boom in Chelyabinsk

Orlov, Bobrovsky - why did they move to NHL? Because Novokuznetsk was and still is weak. If they were from Chelyabinsk, they would consider staying. I am sure. Especially sad for Orlov, who does not deserve to play single minute in AHL!
Orlov isn't in the AHL.

Its funny how some how you have this idea that Capitals are an abusive organization, Ovechkin is on record saying Kuznetsov and his wife can stay in his house as long as they need.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 04:24 AM
  #304
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Orlov isn't in the AHL.
Please re-read my post
Quote:
Especially sad for Orlov, who does not deserve to play single minute in AHL!

vorky is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 05:24 AM
  #305
Alklha
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Yes but if Kuznetsov is comfortable why leave. He has a young wife and family there, a good franchise to play for, and the gap between KHL and NHL gets smaller each year. Also, the hockey suits his style better. I couldn't imagine him being happy with a guy like Hendricks being put on his wing like OV doing the dump and chase thing... Traktors top 6 rivals many NHL teams top 6 IMO so it may actually be a step down to what he is used to (obviously besides OV, Backy, Ribero, after that there is a cliff drop in talent). Basically, things are great for Kuznetsov so why change them?

And Washington hasn't been a great incubator for Russian guys in recent times, drove Semin out, Varly was gone (he is far better than any guy they have now), Orlov got jacked around last year by coach. Now things aren't looking so well for Galiev, Kugryshev was wrecked. There AHL program is absolutely abysmal for Euros...
Also there was Gustafsson. Kuznetsov was also upset he didn't even get an invite to the camp this year... Does this sound like a great organization for a guy like Kuznetsov to come to... Absolutely not.

So there are many reasons why a guy might not want to come to a certain organization right away regardless of money. These guys know they will get money wherever they go.
Very selective quoting of my post there. As I said, the reasons behind Kuznetsov's decision to remain in the KHL likely won't be there for most other talented young Russians. Whether it was down to him having a young family, the potential NHL lockout or him wanting to give himself the best possible chance of playing at a Russian Olympics.

Far too much is made of the "Russian factor". Players that are talented enough to be fairly certain of their NHL roster spot typically come over. The risk of Nichushkin not coming over is negligible, and if teams are looking to pick him around the 10 spot, most players taken there would need a couple more years in juniors anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post


Do you think that Tarasenko would move to NHL if Sibir was such great organisation like Traktor? SKA was not his native team, but Sibir, like Traktor is for Kuznetsov, Nichuskin, Zinoviev (1996). There has been hockey boom in Chelyabinsk

Orlov, Bobrovsky - why did they move to NHL? Because Novokuznetsk was and still is weak. If they were from Chelyabinsk, they would consider staying. I am sure. Especially sad for Orlov, who does not deserve to play single minute in AHL!
Tarasenko made it very clear to the Blues organisation early on that he wanted to come to the NHL as soon as he felt ready to get good minutes in the NHL. He done that. I can't speak about Bobrovsky, but Orlov always planned on going to North America sooner rather than later as well.

Things probably would have been different if Sibir and Metallurg were challenging for the Gagarin Cup, but you can't really apply that logic to players across the board.

Alklha is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 05:39 AM
  #306
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,074
vCash: 500
Alklha
you are naive

vorky is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 05:40 AM
  #307
Alklha
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Alklha
you are naive
What about?

Alklha is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 05:46 AM
  #308
Woodhouse
Registered User
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 50
Nichushkin with another playoff goal today for Traktor (they lead Avangard 1-0 at first intermission) .. it was more of the same, as beginning from inside his own blue line, he surged down the left wing, then rounded the Avangard D (Salmela) before taking the puck to the net and beating Ramo with a backhand glove-side.

Woodhouse is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 06:22 AM
  #309
tenho995
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
cant belive he improved thid much since the wjc..

tenho995 is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 06:33 AM
  #310
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 500
Some people keep saying his style won't work in the NHL, but even in the NHL there aren't that many defensemen with his combination of skill and size. And don't forget, he'll become much stronger with maturing.

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 07:00 AM
  #311
Peter25
Registered User
 
Peter25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,568
vCash: 500
Nichushkin had a career saving injury last fall which prevented him from going to Canadian juniors and completely ruining his career.

Peter25 is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 07:09 AM
  #312
Eugene85
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Nichushkin with 2 goals tonight. Traktor won 3:0

Eugene85 is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 07:10 AM
  #313
tenho995
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
nishuchkin with a pair!

tenho995 is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 07:11 AM
  #314
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Some people keep saying his style won't work in the NHL, but even in the NHL there aren't that many defensemen with his combination of skill and size. And don't forget, he'll become much stronger with maturing.
What?

Isn't Nichushkin a winger?

Krishna is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 07:33 AM
  #315
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
What?

Isn't Nichushkin a winger?
Duh, he is. Kshahdoo was talking about his opponents.

I wonder how much would it cost for the NHL team to buy out his contract.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 07:41 AM
  #316
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Duh, he is. Kshahdoo was talking about his opponents.

I wonder how much would it cost for the NHL team to buy out his contract.
Why should they do it? Why should he want it? No reason. Btw, NHL club can not do it. So no chance.

vorky is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:21 AM
  #317
kiluj
Registered User
 
kiluj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Samara, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
His 1st goal of today:


Same style.

kiluj is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:39 AM
  #318
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiluj View Post
His 1st goal of today:


Same style.
And 2nd goal:


Hockeysemin is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:41 AM
  #319
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Duh, he is. Kshahdoo was talking about his opponents.

I wonder how much would it cost for the NHL team to buy out his contract.
I guess any NHL team can wait for 2 years to get a good prospect. Some of them wait for much longer (say, TML and Kadri).

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
  #320
Flynn84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Russia
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Especially sad for Orlov, who does not deserve to play single minute in AHL!
WTF?
You just don't follow the news

Flynn84 is online now  
Old
03-09-2013, 02:24 PM
  #321
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn84 View Post
WTF?
You just don't follow the news
re-read my post again.

http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=3989

Orlov played over 30 AHL games in his carreer. Dont count this season (lockout and injury). Who does not follow news?

vorky is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 03:33 PM
  #322
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenho995 View Post
cant belive he improved thid much since the wjc..
Same scenario with Kuznetsov after 2011 WJC.

Both guys returned from WJC with more confidence in their game.

Zine is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 04:54 PM
  #323
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,014
vCash: 1379
I'm sure everyone will be talking to this kid in interviews, but if I'm picking in the teens, I'm perfectly alright with Nichushkin taking two more years in the KHL like Tarasenko. Tell him that's totally alright, but you do want to see him in the NHL ASAP after that year, if he seems ready.

The more I see of him, the more he looks like Rick Nash.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 06:20 PM
  #324
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 16,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I'm sure everyone will be talking to this kid in interviews, but if I'm picking in the teens, I'm perfectly alright with Nichushkin taking two more years in the KHL like Tarasenko. Tell him that's totally alright, but you do want to see him in the NHL ASAP after that year, if he seems ready.

The more I see of him, the more he looks like Rick Nash.
Teens... sure. But what about if you have the 4th or 5th pick? Most say he's at worst the 5th best talent. But if you are picking 5 do you take him?

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 06:50 PM
  #325
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,014
vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Teens... sure. But what about if you have the 4th or 5th pick? Most say he's at worst the 5th best talent. But if you are picking 5 do you take him?
No. I honestly wouldn't argue with someone who puts him 5th behind Drouin/Mackinnon/Jones/Barkov, but I'd still take Lindholm and probably Monahan over him. 7th is the earliest I'd take him, and if it's safe to assume a defenseman like Nurse gets taken somewhere in there, 8th is probably the earliest he gets taken. If it's a team that feels comfortable with Russians (Tampa, Detroit, etc.) then I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't bet on my team taking him at #8, even though he deserves to be there.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.