HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

edm@nsh 3/8/2013

Old
03-09-2013, 09:11 AM
hoosierpred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Missed it. Reports on Butler, Boychuck, and Bartley?
Can't report much on Butler and Boychuck. Made a point of watching Bartley and Legwand last night.

Bartley is interesting. Since I have been watching the Preds for the last decade, he is the first defenseman i've seen play for us that looks like they are not playing the man only but is anticipating the play and choosing spots to double. He broke up at least two cycles last night by anticipating the down low pass and beating his man to the puck rather than maintaining inside position. That can be risky if you don't guess right but i was really surprised to see it. Overall, i don't think our woes recently have much to do with our defense and have a lot to do with lackluster forward play, but Bartley was a pleasant surprise for me.

Legwand was just as usual. Lucky goal that makes him look good, and otherwise a turnover machine. Horrible no look bad passes right to Oilers sticks, passes out front of the net with no preds around. One actually middling hit (I just about had a aneurism in surprise).

It's hard to get overly excited about whipping a team that has clearly given up and looks like they are trying to get their coach fired. It is a little shocking to see the regression the Oilers have taken compared to the last few times we have played them.

Last edited by hoosierpred: 03-09-2013 at 10:04 AM.
hoosierpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:32 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Sorry but Boychuk and Butler did not impress me at all. Mostly invisible except all the times I noticed Boychuk falling all on the ice. Glad we got the win but for a while in the second period we seemed to take the foot off the pedal and if you get a team down 3-0, you must go for the kill at that very moment. We finally got there but I was not overly impressed even though we won 6-0. We can do that to a team like Edmonton but try doing that to one of the top teams in the league and see what happens. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but there is still a lot of work to be done with this bunch.
I'm not pounding my chest about the win, but I definitely disagree on B\B. I'm not the only one who saw it. Both were far better than say, Fisher or Erat, last night.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Awesome game; one of the first where I could relax and just enjoy us playing well and winning. Someone give Willy a crown. King in the South! Hell, I am patenting that as Wilson's official new nickname.

As I was technically on a date, I missed a lot of the specific play unfortunately. Will try to watch the new guys more closely tonight.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:48 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Hopefully Fish, Erat, and Leggy (though his goal was a fluke) can wake up. These guys are the foundation.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:04 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Any word on Hornqvist?

Need 2 GDT's today...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:21 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by april View Post
Congratulations, we somehow managed to beat one of the few teams worse than us. It's hilarious how Preds fans think all of the sudden we are "fixed" and and everything is turning around after one win against a crappier team that had just played a game the night before. I'm giving it 3 games before I show any sort of optimism, I still think Poile needs to grow a pair and do some trades.
Who thinks this team is fixed? I know me and I think most other fans are just happy that Poile and Trotz's intended effect with all the line up changes worked and it lit a fire underneath their butts. If the Preds played with that jump every night I could accept losing.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:29 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Missed it. Reports on Butler, Boychuck, and Bartley?
Butler had some flashes of the player that Ottawa signed out of New Hampshire, but didn't seem to surface other than a couple of decent opportunities. He did get us a couple of power plays, though, and we scored on one, so there's a contribution to be had there.

Boychuk, true to the scouting report, fell down a lot. He's really weak on his skates. Seemed to get better as the game went along but still got pushed around.

Bartley was quiet, but played nearly 20 minutes at even strength. They iced the puck several times while he was out there, but I think Trotz has confidence in him.

Quote:
Glad we got the win but for a while in the second period we seemed to take the foot off the pedal and if you get a team down 3-0, you must go for the kill at that very moment. We finally got there but I was not overly impressed even though we won 6-0. We can do that to a team like Edmonton but try doing that to one of the top teams in the league and see what happens. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but there is still a lot of work to be done with this bunch.
No, you're absolutely right, and I was thinking the same thing. They really did look like a glorified bunch of ECHLers out there. No real forecheck to speak of and they were completely unorganized. They need a new coach and a new goalie, and they need them both very soon.

I don't know that Minnesota is a more talented team than Edmonton, but they are much better organized and will probably hammer us if we let up like we did in the latter half of the second. Chicago would have completely destroyed us last night. Stopping the bleeding like this is good, and the two points are always useful, but this is just the first step. If we play like that against the Wild tonight, then I'll be a little more convinced.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:35 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by april View Post
Congratulations, we somehow managed to beat one of the few teams worse than us. It's hilarious how Preds fans think all of the sudden we are "fixed" and and everything is turning around after one win against a crappier team that had just played a game the night before. I'm giving it 3 games before I show any sort of optimism, I still think Poile needs to grow a pair and do some trades.
Not sure what you are talking about- who on here is saying we are "fixed"?? Nothing wrong with enjoying a good game, regardless of the opponent

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:45 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Sorry but Boychuk and Butler did not impress me at all. Mostly invisible except all the times I noticed Boychuk falling all on the ice. Glad we got the win but for a while in the second period we seemed to take the foot off the pedal and if you get a team down 3-0, you must go for the kill at that very moment. We finally got there but I was not overly impressed even though we won 6-0. We can do that to a team like Edmonton but try doing that to one of the top teams in the league and see what happens. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but there is still a lot of work to be done with this bunch.
Sorry, but if you are "not overly impressed" with a 6-0 win, regardless of the opponent- well, I don't know what to tell you- you are never going to be satisfied if that's the case. No one in their right mind thinks all our problems are solved, but after all our struggles I have no problem enjoying a good win.

And I find it funny how all the negative Nancy's are completely discounting the win because it was Edmonton- yes, they sucked last night but I didn't hear anyone saying it was going to be an easy win yesterday. Just 2 days ago they were right in the running for a playoff spot- ANY 6-0 win in today's NHL is a good win

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:46 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Like I said the thing that I liked last night had nothing to do with the team we were playing. We played aggressive, really for the first time this season. I really hope that we continue to play that tight aggressive high pressure game.

April, we all know Edmonton sucks, again, I think it was more about how we played our style of hockey for the first time all season.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Preds33
RIP Shea Weber!

Here is the thing I see. I don't know if they fixed their issues, but what last night did was boost the team confidence. Pekka, Wilson, Weber and a few others have had their confidence murdered the past 3 weeks. This I believe will help them get that rid of that monkey that was dragging them down. Confidence is a huge thing and with Wilson and Weber having a 3+ point night along with the shutout, I think it may provide a spark for them. But we won't know for sure until after tonight's game.

Being at the game last night, as far as the new guys go, I was the most disappointed in Bartley. He just watched as a breakaway almost happened. He just skated right out of the opposing players way instead of trying to do something about it.

And about Boychuk falling down, I saw Erat fall more in last night's game than Boychuk. It seemed like Erat fell on more than 50% of his shifts.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:21 AM
preds1
Weber's Bomb

vCash: 1548
Only got to see the 2nd and 3rd. (son had practice)

Looked like a completely different team. Gonna have to keep giving them the business in the GDT's.
2 for 2 with the negative Trotz pictures.

We'll be down in 101 tonight though.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:56 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Bartley didn't suck that much. Trotz trusted him to give him 19:00. That's more than Gill, Ellis, and Blum's averages.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Legionnaire11
PredaBolts

Yeah Bartley was fine, didn't make any standout mistakes so that's a success for his first NHL game. Probably doesn't skate as well as the other guys, but definitely brought the body a little more.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:48 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Hopefully Fish, Erat, and Leggy (though his goal was a fluke) can wake up. These guys are the foundation.
and thats why we are "the suck" .. all 3 still showed last night why we have been yelling at them all season. legwand still looked pathetic. he has really lost his game. typical "legwand goal" to silence the haters.. ha

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Preds33
RIP Shea Weber!

Question about the Hornqvist injury. I was at the game so I was unable to see a replay of it, but on the way home last night, I was listening to 102.5 and they were saying that they wouldn't be surprised to see Peckham suspended over that hit. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote