HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David desharnais

Old
03-08-2013, 10:06 PM
glenbuis

vCash: 500
Moving forward and rebuilding a dynasty, the only two centerman fitting long term would be Galy and Eller. Currently we would not receive a suitable return for DD however Plekanacs valu is probalbly as high as it will get . To maximize the valu of that asset he could be moved at the deadline but he does have a no-trade clause. I believe he would waive it to play with Jagr or the hawks. The return would have to be Saad and a first or Oleksiak and a first at least because it's not worth our while to move him for anything less.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
I've actually watched every game te last 2 years and although I like him his spot should be filled by someone else, I never once said he isn't a good player all I said is that he's the odd man out... He can't play first line, I hope no one here tries to argue that he is better then pleks. The second line spot should be given to chuckie who has shown his skills very well playing with 3rd and 4th liners and has incredible potential and he can't be a third line center Eller fills that role perfectly, I hope the Bergevin realizes this and doesn't spent 3+ million that could be used on a position of weakness on a position of significant strength and if we are gonna lose him might aswell get something for him
My take on it is this- Who's a lock for a top 6?

Pacioretty
Plekanec
Galchenyuk
Eller
Gallagher

Desharnais is too small to fit in that mix but he's perfect as a 3rd line winger like Peverley.

Get an experienced 3rd line center with size, bring up Tinordi next year and try to sign a top winger with size this summer and we're a contender next year.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
The only way for Dd to be effective in both center or winger position is to be intelligent and fast and it is what he is doing, I mean if you play at the wing you have to win the battle along the ramp in offensive zone and if you play center you have to help your defensive. But I think Dd can do both thing so i do not object to the possibility to put him at the wing.

A good example that a small player can have succes at center is Danny Briere, especially when he played in Buffalo, I do not compare Dd to him but it is just to show that a small player can have succes at this position.

I do not object to a ''good'' trade but the fact i think is that we will not be able to get equivalent value because Dd is underrated for 3 reasons, he didn't get drafted, he is a small player and he is already 26.
Exactly. DD can have the same impact as Briere on the wing.

Old
03-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Exactly. DD can have the same impact as Briere on the wing.
for half the price lol

Edit : would you trade Dd for Briere today considering their salary ? I'm sure that bergevin believe that Dd have more value than briere (for his team) just because of that fact

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
for half the price lol

Edit : would you trade Dd for Briere today considering their salary ? I'm sure that bergevin believe that Dd have more value than briere (for his team) just because of that fact
I don't know. Briere is better in the playoffs. He doesn't bring much in the regular season. But I loved Cammalleri when he was here for the same reason.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:16 AM
greenstickytoes

Quote:

Pacioretty
Plekanec
Galchenyuk
Eller
Gallagher

Desharnais is too small to fit in that mix but he's perfect as a 3rd line winger like Peverley.

Get an experienced 3rd line center with size, bring up Tinordi next year and try to sign a top winger with size this summer and we're a contender next year.
you CAN'T put DD as wing!!! especially on a 3rd line!
if he's not playing on the 2 first lines, he's getting traded..
he's a pure offensive playmaker that plays center.
nothing else. especially with his size forget about him
playing on the 3rd line...

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
With the injury to Kesler, Vancouver could be interested in a move around Luongo for DD.
I doubt Vancouver would want that. I know Montreal would not want that. I see you are still trying to find a way to get rid of Price...sigh...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Probably something could be arranged. But young RFA top 4d with upside would be worth way more than DD (whom I love to watch and do want on our team). Since we seriously need to restock our system, I would throw out for your consideration:

DD + 2013 1st for Demers + 2014 2nd
"No" would be as polite a reply as possible.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Why the hell are we talking about trading Desharnais...

10/11: 43gp - 22pts (43 pts pace)
11/12: 81gp - 61pts
12/13: 24gp - 15pts (51 pts pace)

He is progressing great, just shift him on the wings instead of getting rid of a good, hard working player who fought hard for his spot in the NHL.
Thank you. Some ********** sense being brought to this thread.

The only way we trade DD is if we get fair value for him. I have not seen that in any offer so far. Why are we adding to get Demers? Why are we desperate to get rid of a very good offensive minded center when we are in a playoff race? The only way we get rid of DD is if we are getting an established power forward who is doing well enough to warrant moving DD for him. We definitely do not move DD and a 2nd for Demers! We have enough guys like Demers on the roster and in the system.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
you CAN'T put DD as wing!!! especially on a 3rd line!
if he's not playing on the 2 first lines, he's getting traded..
he's a pure offensive playmaker that plays center.
nothing else. especially with his size forget about him
playing on the 3rd line...
With his size forget about him playing center

Old
03-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:

Pacioretty
Plekanec
Galchenyuk
Eller
Gallagher

In case you haven't noticed, we are a "contender" this year. I am so tired of people not realizing we have a good team, and have for quite a few years. Last year was the aberration, not the norm. We need a winger with some size, pugnacity, and scoring ability, as well as a big net clearing defenceman who can hit and fight if necessary. We ARE a contender.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:32 AM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
DD will probably fetch us a late first + prospect

The deal I would make is DD + weber vs clowe + 2 round or 1 round van + gaunce
As a Van fan I'd drive to Vancouver just to kick Gillis if he did that trade. 1st is fine but Gaunce shouldn't be moveable as currently (yes I know he'll need some time to develop) is what we are missing a 3rd line Defensive Center (who might be able to pot you a few points if his offense translates to the pro's and Van really shouldn't as we have Schroeder who is our small center (so far offensively he's been snake-bitten plus he is paired with Sestito and Weise (who maybe the Dutch Gretzky but so far not translating well over here). But Schroeder has acquitted himself well defensively.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:43 AM
onice

Quote:
I'm not saying get rid of him. I'm saying he's given unequivocal support because he's French. Unfortunately, that's the truth. Any French player in Montreal is, you know that.
That's a bunch of malarkey. If it was true than Dumont would be on the team right now, and Brisebois would never have been booed.

If a French Canadian player makes it to the team yeah he'll get more attention than any other player of the same value. Big deal. That happens everywhere when a local boy is involved.

DD is getting unequivocal (as you call it) support because he's a damn fine hockey player and he had to fight tooth & nail to get here. Being a Franco has very little to do with it. Gallagher gets the same support as DD and for the same reasons.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
That's a bunch of malarkey. If it was true than Dumont would be on the team right now, and Brisebois would never have been booed.

If a French Canadian player makes it to the team yeah he'll get more attention than any other player of the same value. Big deal. That happens everywhere when a local boy is involved.

DD is getting unequivocal (as you call it) support because he's a damn fine hockey player and he had to fight tooth & nail to get here. Being a Franco has very little to do with it. Gallagher gets the same support as DD and for the same reasons.
Not for the same reasons at all and don't compare DD and gally at all, DD has more TOI and played with better wingers all year gally is only 2 points below him regardless of this, I don't get what the incredible love for DD is then if it's not cause he's French because I'm sorry to burst all your bubbles he is not a great player he's a good player who got to tag along on the patches train

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
In case you haven't noticed, we are a "contender" this year. I am so tired of people not realizing we have a good team, and have for quite a few years. Last year was the aberration, not the norm. We need a winger with some size, pugnacity, and scoring ability, as well as a big net clearing defenceman who can hit and fight if necessary. We ARE a contender.
We're having a good year but we're not a Cup contender this year. We're heading in the right direction. I know last year was an aberration. Just look at St Louis last year, how good they did in the regular season and got owned in the playoffs by LA. This isn't about just making the playoffs, we're a few years off from competing for the Cup.

If you're tired take a nap.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:09 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

What's with all the hostility, fellow Habs fans???...this thread is just about trading DD if the trade makes sense for the Habs; why's everyone taking this personal??...someone's the odd man out at centre, so we're spitballin' what happens if it's DD...relax, people.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Ginu

Quote:

While I agree with your post, when a local player does well he's expected to be given the reigns because we've been "waiting so long for the next French superstar in Montreal." Even if it's subconscious it's a very common mentality. DD isn't entitled to center our #1 line. That may be another player. Many people feel he gets unequivocal support when he hasn't earned it. Every player fights tooth and nail to make the NHL. While DD was undrafted, you don't know Eller's story. Anyways, everyone should be given a fair go. DD can be shifted around and benched just like everyone else. This isn't a language debate so I'm not gonna add any more to the subject.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
What's with all the hostility, fellow Habs fans???...this thread is just about trading DD if the trade makes sense for the Habs; why's everyone taking this personal??...someone's the odd man out at centre, so we're spitballin' what happens if it's DD...relax, people.
Exactly

Old
03-09-2013, 11:14 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Not for the same reasons at all and don't compare DD and gally at all, DD has more TOI and played with better wingers all year gally is only 2 points below him regardless of this, I don't get what the incredible love for DD is then if it's not cause he's French because I'm sorry to burst all your bubbles he is not a great player he's a good player who got to tag along on the patches train
1) I'm not French Canadian so I have no ethnic dog in this argument.

2) Gallagher is as puny as DD. But both are good players. No one here has claimed that DD is a great player. Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin are great players.

3) Go listen to Patches. He has said it more than once that DD has helped him understand and play the game better. So an argument could be made that Patches is tagging along and not DD.

4) DD could be a Martian and i wouldn't give a hoot. He's a very good player and the language he spoke to his mother has nothing to do with my praise for this little guy just as it has nothing to do with Gallagher.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

Why trade DD? I love Mtl's ability to roll with 3 balanced lines this year that can all score. Eventually we'll have some injury issues and we'll need that depth but in the meantime why mess with something that is working.

Steve Shutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:18 AM
onice

Quote:
While I agree with your post, when a local player does well he's expected to be given the reigns because we've been "waiting so long for the next French superstar in Montreal." Even if it's subconscious it's a very common mentality. DD isn't entitled to center our #1 line. That may be another player. Many people feel he gets unequivocal support when he hasn't earned it. Every player fights tooth and nail to make the NHL. While DD was undrafted, you don't know Eller's story. Anyways, everyone should be given a fair go. DD can be shifted around and benched just like everyone else. This isn't a language debate so I'm not gonna add any more to the subject.

No one not even the guys on RDS have claimed that DD is a superstar. He's a very good player.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:18 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
Why trade DD? I love Mtl's ability to roll with 3 balanced lines this year that can all score. Eventually we'll have some injury issues and we'll need that depth but in the meantime why mess with something that is working.
We're centre-heavy and need a power winger...might as well deal from an area of strength.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Ginu

Quote:
No one not even the guys on RDS have claimed that DD is a superstar. He's a very good player.
I never said people have claimed he's a superstar. I said it's a mentality that he may be the next one.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
As long as Plekanec is on the habs, he's the perfect 2nd line center. Been match against opponent top line night in, night out. I dont see a problem with Desharnais centering a top 9 line offensively oriented.

Pretty much like this year. There is no top line in Montreal, neither 2nd or 3rd. Simply 3 lines with different tasks.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Chacal667

as we can see, Dd don't have a lot of value on this board so if we can't get something significant we should just keep him.

Last edited by Chacal667: 03-09-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote